PDA

View Full Version : Bloodsweets

Kalim
2011-01-11, 03:20 PM
So after hearing about these neat little evil candies, I looked them up in Ghostwalk - they seem a wonderful, inconspicuous accessory for my Tomb-Tainted Dread Necromancer.

It says they cost 50gp, and that you can eat up to three as a full round action... how many do you get for that price? One? Three? A whole sack? I suppose only one for 50gp isn't so bad, considering it's a whole ILW spell...

Dreadn4ught
2011-01-11, 03:26 PM
If it just says Cost:50gp, probably each one costs 50gp.

Unless it otherwise says, I believe this is always true.

Kalim
2011-01-11, 03:29 PM
Alright, thanks.

A little more expensive than I'd like, but for what you get, I suppose it's fair.

AmberVael
2011-01-11, 03:31 PM
It's the same price as a potion of CLW, so it makes sense. Being able to eat three as a full-round action is just a bonus, I suppose.

Kalim
2011-01-11, 03:36 PM
They're also somewhat inconspicuous, which is pretty nice. Just don't let the pickpocket children in the slums get your bag of candies, or bad stuff is gonna go down.

Randel
2011-01-11, 07:37 PM
You could keep your 'candies' in a bag that says "rat poison" or something to keep kids from eating them.

Popertop
2011-01-11, 07:56 PM
You could keep your 'candies' in a bag that says "rat poison" or something to keep kids from eating them.

honest and functional

Callista
2011-01-11, 07:59 PM
Just use prestidigitation on them to make them smell like medicine.

Coidzor
2011-01-11, 08:01 PM

honest and functional

And if they don't believe the label, pickpocket you there anyway, and nom the candy they find? Guilt-free child mortality! :smallbiggrin:

Now if one could get metamagic on a potion for fell animate bloodsweets....

Gorgondantess
2011-01-11, 08:02 PM
...Or not and then let the thieving little peckers get what they deserve.:smallamused:
Or better yet, if you're CE, send a bag of them to an orphanage!

Drynwyn
2011-01-11, 08:05 PM
A www, man! You took my suggestion!
But better yet, find or make some that animate their victims.
Expect to see a home brew for this soon.

Coidzor
2011-01-11, 08:06 PM
Mmm, convoluted wight horde. Get an artificer friend, make fell draining bloodsweets in bulk form for hella cheap. Distribute to various orphanages and warrens of thieving pickpocket children, pull Ocean's 11 type complicated bank heist while city is distracted by small scale wight infestation threatening to turn into a wightocalypse.

Randel
2011-01-11, 11:45 PM
Well, if you're going to be metamagicing up wights and stuff then you could also use Explosive runes in addition to the candies. Make some Fell Drain metamagiced explosive runes and put them on paper inside fortune cookies or on little candies or comic books or something.

The candies are good but explosive runes can catch more than one person in the blast and you can put them all over the place.

Psyren
2011-01-12, 01:10 AM
You people are sick.
And I approve.

Innis Cabal
2011-01-12, 01:15 AM
We're not sick. We've taken our medicine.

OracleofWuffing
2011-01-12, 01:15 AM
*Reads thread*
Candy? For my PCs? My players would absolutely love that kind of treat!
*Gets out Ghostwalk, reads entry*
Candy? For my PCs? My players would absolutely LOVE that kind of treat! :smallamused:

Smeggedoff
2011-01-12, 01:47 AM
Dang, that's kind of awesome

*writes down another reason to play a suave Necropolitan with a top hat and ranks in Perform: Sing and Perform: Dance*

Coidzor
2011-01-12, 01:53 AM

*writes down another reason to play a suave Necropolitan with a top hat and ranks in Perform: Sing and Perform: Dance*

Err, this guy wasn't suave... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUnhfvGdmmw) :smallconfused: And I can't really see any other reference in that.

Smeggedoff
2011-01-12, 01:56 AM
O.o
Actually wasn't thinking of any character in specific.

...Maybe Dr. Facilier, but he doesn't make use of candies at any point iirc.

I was really just thinking that finishing a combat, unwrapping a candy and popping it into your mouth with a winning smile is the ultimate nonchalant way to heal.

Kalim
2011-01-12, 02:02 AM

But then people would think I was some rat poison eating weirdo.

Smeggedoff
2011-01-12, 02:11 AM
But then people would think I was some rat poison eating weirdo.

Yeah, just individually wrap them in black wax paper with a white skull (and crossbones?)

If a small child steals one, eats one, dies and it gets traced back to you? "Hey, They're clearly marked as poison. What did you think they were? Pirate sweets?"

golentan
2011-01-12, 02:14 AM
Yeah, just individually wrap them in black wax paper with a white skull (and crossbones?)

If a small child steals one, eats one, dies and it gets traced back to you? "Hey, They're clearly marked as poison. What did you think they were? Pirate sweets?"

Yes. (http://www.centurynovelty.com/detail_266_439-046.html?mr:referralID=4ee68040-1e1b-11e0-ad8e-001b2166c62d)

By the way, I take it that you too are a fan of a certain crimson tinted mining vessel?

Smeggedoff
2011-01-12, 02:15 AM
Yes. (http://www.centurynovelty.com/detail_266_439-046.html?mr:referralID=4ee68040-1e1b-11e0-ad8e-001b2166c62d)

By the way, I take it that you too are a fan of a certain crimson tinted mining vessel?

Hah, well that shut me up.

Indeed I am *snaps fingers* dang, what gave me away ;)

golentan
2011-01-12, 02:37 AM
Your name has all the subtlety of an angry bobcat stuffed in a laundry machine.

Smeggedoff
2011-01-12, 02:41 AM
Aw stop, yer makin me blush

2xMachina
2011-01-12, 02:55 AM

I got the picture of a singing and dancing Brook (One Piece). He wears a top hat (IIRC), and he sings and dances.

EDIT: Oh, and he is an animated skeleton.

Smeggedoff
2011-01-12, 02:57 AM
Yeah, him too. I guess undead, singing & Dancing and top hats just go really well together.

... on an entirely unrelated note, are that any Awakened Skeleton type races?.

Coidzor
2011-01-12, 02:59 AM
Yeah, him too. I guess undead, singing & Dancing and top hats just go really well together.

... on an entirely unrelated note, are that any Awakened Skeleton type races?.

Bone Creatures are basically awakened skeletons without needing to cast awaken undead. But EVILLE! And unupdated 3.0 from the BoVD, and they do need to be updated due to having 3.0 skeleton's 1/2 damage from non-bludgeoning weapons thing.

Then again, still more of a template. As is Lich which is commonly thought of as skeleton but as far as I've ever been able to tell is more skeletal with some dessicated flesh still stuck on.

Smeggedoff
2011-01-12, 03:08 AM
Yeah, it Is a template, just with no level adjustment/CR adjustment I can see, so assumedly they're meant to be for NPC's only, like ooze creatures. Hey ho, probably couldn't eat blood candies anyway, no saliva.

hewhosaysfish
2011-01-12, 08:30 AM
Hey ho, probably couldn't eat blood candies anyway, no saliva.

They could crunch them, I guess...
But I think that worrying over which undead have functioning saliva glands is probably counterproductive.
Undead in DnD draw nourishment from certain things they eat (or otherwise consume), not because they possess anything resembling a metabolism but because magic.

panaikhan
2011-01-12, 08:36 AM
I've never ever even heard of bloodsweets, but after reading the thread...

My assassin's guild has started a new line - takeaway meals, each with a complimentary fortune bomb cookie :smallbiggrin: