PDA

View Full Version : Walker in the Waste in Realms

Mordrigar
2011-01-11, 04:52 PM
Hello Playgrounders!

I'm about to begin a new campaign and i'm thinking about to choosing Walker in the Waste (from Sandstorm) as a prestige class. (5 Cleric / 10 WIW / 5 XXXX) But i'm not sure which official Deity in Realms have the Sand or Thirst as a domain. Can anyone help with that?

Also, it will be 20th level campaign so i'm open for build suggestions : ) Thanks!

Tokuhara
2011-01-13, 10:56 AM
Hello Playgrounders!

I'm about to begin a new campaign and i'm thinking about to choosing Walker in the Waste (from Sandstorm) as a prestige class. (5 Cleric / 10 WIW / 5 XXXX) But i'm not sure which official Deity in Realms have the Sand or Thirst as a domain. Can anyone help with that?

Also, it will be 20th level campaign so i'm open for build suggestions : ) Thanks!

To my knowledge, no deity in faerun has either of those domains. HOWEVER, since some deities (namely those of the Pharonic/Egyptian pantheon) get a revamp in Sandstorm and Deities and Demigods, I highly suggest picking one of those deities. Personally, I'd give Apep Thirst (being a god of fire in a desert-based pantheon)

Greenish
2011-01-13, 11:26 AM
Might be worth noting that with Sand domain you can enter WotW after your 3rd level in cleric.

Tokuhara
2011-01-13, 11:29 AM
Might be worth noting that with Sand domain you can enter WotW after your 3rd level in cleric.

I'm assuming he's trying to avoid cheese...

That being said, I adore the WitW, since it technically gives you the best version of a lich in pre-epic and lots of good class features. Heck, there isn't a useless level in the whole class. Too bad clerics and some PrCs are the only ones who can enter... So want to play an Archivist Walker...

Greenish
2011-01-13, 11:38 AM
I'm assuming he's trying to avoid cheese...That's not cheese. Qualifying after 1st level, yeah, that could be cheese, but qualifying after 3rd isn't really.

[Edit]:
Too bad clerics and some PrCs are the only ones who can enter... So want to play an Archivist Walker...Wait, I thought you only had to be able to cast the spells as divine spells, not as domain spells, so archivist (or druid/spirit shaman, I think) could enter easily.

[2.Edit]: And I was right, too. The sample character is a druid, for example.

Tokuhara
2011-01-13, 11:45 AM
[Edit]: Wait, I thought you only had to be able to cast the spells as divine spells, not as domain spells, so archivist (or druid/spirit shaman, I think) could enter easily.

[2.Edit]: And I was right, too. The sample character is a druid, for example.

WHUT?! So my dreams of an Archivist Walker can come true?! All is right in the world. The Colts lost, I have a new job, and now the class I wanted to play since I first laid eyes on Sandstorm can be realised...

Greenish, you made my day. Thank you.

Greenish
2011-01-13, 11:47 AM
WHUT?! So my dreams of an Archivist Walker can come true?! All is right in the world. The Colts lost, I have a new job, and now the class I wanted to play since I first laid eyes on Sandstorm can be realised...

Greenish, you made my day. Thank you.No problems. I should also mention that an archivist can also qualify after 3rd level, if you've found the right spells.

Fouredged Sword
2011-01-13, 12:19 PM
A spontanious cleric could potentialy enter at 2nd level if you really wanted to. Versitile spellcaster cheeze though.

Mordrigar
2011-01-13, 04:03 PM
A spontanious cleric could potentialy enter at 2nd level if you really wanted to. Versitile spellcaster cheeze though.

Can you explain clearly please? How?

BTW, i was not looking for a cheesy build but conditions has changed. Someone from party told me he has ~70 AC and +25 on every single save. I think he has found some bugs in system lol.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-01-13, 07:22 PM
A spontanious cleric could potentialy enter at 2nd level if you really wanted to. Versitile spellcaster cheeze though.Still atleast 1 more level of cleric than necessary :smallcool:

CapnVan
2011-01-14, 03:57 AM
But i'm not sure which official Deity in Realms have the Sand or Thirst as a domain. Can anyone help with that? Thanks!

I don't believe FR ever got an official update for Sand or Thirst as domains. Neither are in PGtF, nor in Anauroch.

Suggestions would be: Amaunator (LEoF), Talos, At'ar the Merciless, Kossuth, or Set. Part of that would depend on the character concept.

Fouredged Sword
2011-01-14, 12:30 PM
You can cast enough of the sand and thirst domain spells by sacrificeing low level slots to cast higher levels spells. I may have been mistaken, and need an extra level in there, but I remember talking about a build that was lich at 11th level.

Yes, re looked up reqs. Spontanious cleric 1 with the versitile spellcaster feat and heat endurence should do it. No skill or bab reqs, so you can enter at very low level.