PDA

View Full Version : 3.Pathfinder Ranged rogue/shadowdancer

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-01-11, 08:42 PM
So... Ive been trying to figure out a way to successfully utilize the rogue "Sniper" Archetype from the Advanced Players Guide as an NPC for my campaign. my current thought is to go Rogue (obviously) and then dip into Shadowdancer for a level or two. He or she is supposed to appear to be a villain, though is actually an ally. here is what i got so far.

trapfinding becomes Far Shot Under a different name
trap Sense becomes increased range to deal Sneak Attack Damage

Human level 8

STR: 10
DEX: 22
CON: 14
INT: 14
WIS: 14
CHA: 12

1 Point Blank Shot
1 Dodge
3 Mobility
5 Combat Expertise
7 Precise Shot

Rogue Talent 2: Surprise Attack
Rogue Talent 4: Sniper's Eye
rogue Talent 6: Finesse? (because one never knows)

I was planning on using a hand crossbow with a buckler and an occasional wand (probably vanish or darkness)

As a result I was thinking of going with Hand Crosbow Focus from Drow of the Underdark. (basically focus and rapid reload rolled into one feat)

Where should I go from here? Should I change anything?

Mojo_Rat
2011-01-11, 11:58 PM
I would drop Combat Expertise, unless you plan to spend alot of time in melee combat. Also would look at Deadly Aim.

Kaldrin
2011-01-12, 12:05 AM
I would drop Combat Expertise, unless you plan to spend alot of time in melee combat. Also would look at Deadly Aim.

It might depend on how the GM does things. If the GM tends to try and negate ranged by charging them with melee he might need it, but if the GM rarely does that I would look at Deadly Aim too.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-01-12, 12:23 AM
Combat Expertise is a entry requirement for Shadowdancer. It is the cost for HiPS. *shrug*

Xander96
2011-10-13, 09:21 AM
Actually, you do not need Combat Expertise. You need Combat Reflexes to qualify for Shadowdancer