PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 D&D Equipment Kits

Thomar_of_Uointer
2011-01-11, 11:06 PM
New blog post, let me know if you like it or have any feedback or scathing criticism.

http://kobolds-keep.blogspot.com/2011/01/35-d-equipment-kits.html

This is a quick list I put together of useful item sets using basic equipment, both for low-level and high-level characters. It's set up with costs and weights listed so that you can quickly figure out changes from disposable items, or modify the kit quickly. Also, there are mount kits with barding and other stuff.

Silverscale
2011-01-11, 11:39 PM
One think I didn't see was a Climber's Kit, although it seems to be included in the Dungeoneering Kit, it might be a good idea to list it separately. Also I'm not sure if you did or not but you might want to include items from the Arms and Equipment Guide as well. Between those two sources alone one could conceivably make a kit for just about any skill. With other sources the possibilities are even greater even with just mundane items, throw in minor magic items and more of the alchemical items and you have lots of options for ready made kits.

Thomar_of_Uointer
2011-01-12, 12:52 AM
One think I didn't see was a Climber's Kit, although it seems to be included in the Dungeoneering Kit, it might be a good idea to list it separately. Also I'm not sure if you did or not but you might want to include items from the Arms and Equipment Guide as well. Between those two sources alone one could conceivably make a kit for just about any skill. With other sources the possibilities are even greater even with just mundane items, throw in minor magic items and more of the alchemical items and you have lots of options for ready made kits.

Higher-level kits including items from the DMG would be very cool. I was considering throwing a potion of endure elements into the Cold Weather Kit, but decided against it. These sets are meant to include disposable items you can keep track of (and if you're high-level and using disposables that often, you ought to get a per-day item instead.)

EDIT: Also, the kits aren't meant to be specific to any one class. That's why there aren't many of the skill kits in these.