PDA

View Full Version : Help with Steam???

Ceridan
2011-01-12, 10:52 AM
I've had a steam account for almost a year now without a complaint. Yesterday I download Hearts of Iron III and when I go to play I get hoi3game.exe has stopped working. The support page sucks and I can't find a customer service phone number. Anyone have or know of one?

Top_Hat
2011-01-12, 01:27 PM
I don't know of any customer service number though I wouldn't be suprised to know that one exists, but I do have some advice for you. Go to your steam library and rightclick on Hearts of Iron III. Go to Preferences and then to the local files pane. Verify your game cache and see what that does. If it doesn't fix it I would suggest that you check the steam forum for help and/or post more data for us here like if the game ever worked on the computer and if you meet the system specs. Good Luck!

Darth Mario
2011-01-12, 01:41 PM
Verify your game cache

This. Verifying your game cache fixes almost all problems you can have with Steam. If it doesn't, a reinstall might. If those don't work, ask on the Support forums. The user-fueled support for most games on Steam is pretty fantastic.

Dragero
2011-01-12, 07:17 PM
For your question about support: There is no support phone number. while this might annoy you, remember this: Compared to others, Valve is a fairly small company. They don't go on huge Hiring sprees every year, like other big companies, they seem to like to stick with a small dedicated, hard working group of employees. They don't want to waste money on phone support when their E-mail support has worked fine since the beginning. Also, there are millions of steam users, most of which have probably contacted support once, can you imagine the number of calls they'd get each day? (Note: This doesn't mean valve is small, just compared to other companies *coughEAcough* they're quite small)

To contact support, just send a support ticket from here. (https://support.steampowered.com/)