PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Sorcerer Spell List

agentnone
2011-01-12, 12:19 PM
I've been working on my own custon setting using the Pathfinder rules. As I'm deployed right now and won't be able to run it until I get home, I figured I would toss this idea up here for some positive/negative feedback from the community that might have a little more Pathfinder experience than I do (which is none lol). I'm thinking of changing the spell list available to Sorcerers based on what Bloodline they choose. It goes as follows.

Wizard Spell List Bloodlines
Aberrant
Arcane
Draconic
Infernal

Cleric Spell List Bloodlines
Abyssal
Celestial
Destined
Undead

Druid Spell List Bloodlines
Elemental
Fey

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Psyren
2011-01-12, 12:37 PM
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Full Bloodline list (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer#TOC-Bloodline)

Verdant and Stormborn should definitely be included under Druid; that will get the Druid up to 4 like the others.

By "change the spell list" do you mean that you'll swap some spells out in the bloodline for other thematic spells from that class? For instance you could add Holy Word to the "Celestial" bloodline.

agentnone
2011-01-12, 01:53 PM
By "change the spell list" do you mean that you'll swap some spells out in the bloodline for other thematic spells from that class? For instance you could add Holy Word to the "Celestial" bloodline.

No, what I mean by swapping the spell list is that if you take the Elemental Bloodline as a Sorcerer, instead of casting your normal Sorcerer spells from the Wizard spell list, you cast spells from the Druid spell list. Since typically all Sorcerers, regardless of Bloodline, cast from the Wizard spell list, this changes it to where they cast from either the Druid spell list, Cleric spell list or Wizard spell list depending on what Bloodline they choose. So if you take the Celestial Bloodline, instead of casting Fireballs and whatnot, you can instead cast Clerical spells like Bless and Cure Light Wounds. All as a Sorcerer.

Wagadodo
2011-01-12, 02:00 PM
I think it would be an interesting idea if you are not using the Advanced Players Guide. Since the Advance Player Guide (APG) offers the Oracle that is your the divine sorceror that way it wouldn't be stepping on any toes, but if you are going to be using the APG, I would only look at maybe changing some of the bonus spells that a sorceror gets to fit the Theme you are going for instead of switching out the whole list.

agentnone
2011-01-12, 02:05 PM
I think it would be an interesting idea if you are not using the Advanced Players Guide. Since the Advance Player Guide (APG) offers the Oracle that is your the divine sorceror that way it wouldn't be stepping on any toes, but if you are going to be using the APG, I would only look at maybe changing some of the bonus spells that a sorceror gets to fit the Theme you are going for instead of switching out the whole list.

Don't have that book, and therefor we won't be using it. I only have the Core Rulebook, MM and DM Guide. That's all that's allowed since it's all I own. And even then I haven't had a whole lot of time to flip through it all. Especially being in the big cat box across the Atlantic. So I figured knowledgeable people such as yourself would be more apt at being able to provide feedback on if it would make one Bloodline more or less powerful compared to another since I have no idea how spells have changed. I haven't gotten that far yet.

randomhero00
2011-01-12, 02:30 PM
I'm not very knowledgeable on bloodlines but I like your idea quite a bit. I feel like everyone should have some sort of bloodline (not nec like yours) that make them heroes in the first place.

edit: I will say though that bloodlines and boosting sorcs in general was one of the best things pathfinder did.

Wagadodo
2011-01-12, 04:39 PM
I don't think the changes will over power things, I think it would a decent addition if you don't have the spotaneous divine caster I think it would be a good addition to your game. I always hated playing prepared casters because of having to sit down and memorize the spells. So if you don't plan on allowing APG items classes in the near future then I don't think it over powers, or under powers anything. The worst that could happen is okay guys, this isn't working I might need to do some tweeking later.

But all that said when you get a chance I would look at getting the APG in some form or another. A very cool book, with some very meaty additions in feats and classes, and plan old options.

Enjoy, let us know how things work out with you.

agentnone
2011-01-13, 01:54 AM
But all that said when you get a chance I would look at getting the APG in some form or another. A very cool book, with some very meaty additions in feats and classes, and plan old options.

Enjoy, let us know how things work out with you.

Yeah, soon as I get back from my deployment I'll be looking into getting a few more books. Though, for now, with it still being a familiar system with a slew of major, minor, and even microscopic changes, I want to get my players intot he Pathfinder mindset before I go off and get a whole bunch of other supplements and whatnot and completely overwhelm them.

agentnone
2011-01-14, 10:34 AM
Full Bloodline list (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer#TOC-Bloodline)

Verdant and Stormborn should definitely be included under Druid; that will get the Druid up to 4 like the others.

Tried the link and it's blocked where I am. Won't be able to access it until later on when I'm off duty. My question regarding the link is, does it just list the Bloodlines or does it also give the Bloodline powers as well? I like the sound of the Stormborn and would be interested to see what it's capable of. Plus, like you said, round out Druid to 4 like the others.

Wagadodo
2011-01-14, 11:35 AM
Verdant and Stormborn will be listed here on the Pathfinder Srd links. They are new bloodlines from the APG, so when you are able to view them, you will have the full option to look at them.

Psyren
2011-01-14, 11:56 AM
The list of bonus spells, as shown in the link, are (in order):

Verdant

Entangle
Barkskin
Speak With Plants
Command Plants
Wall of Thorns
Transport Via Plants
Plant Shape III
Animate Plants
Shambler

Stormborn

Shocking Grasp
Gust of Wind
Lightning Bolt
Shout
Overland Flight
Chain Lightning
Control Weather
Whirlwind
Storm of Vengeance

agentnone
2011-01-14, 01:28 PM
Awesome. Well, guess I'll have to take a look at them when I get a chance. And since it's just two small additions that seem to use spells already in the Core Rulebook I can add them without having to add a whole lot of other stuff. Thanks a bunch everyone.