PDA

View Full Version : Turning Undead Into Gasoline

The Vorpal Tribble
2011-01-12, 01:15 PM
Alright, first off, no, this is not about refining zombie sludge... though that would be cool and I'm now thinking of something interesting for that.

Anyways, what I'm wanting to know is if there are any abilities, feats, etc that you can burn turn attempts to use?

With a simple Paladin 5/Death Delver 1 build and Extra Turning I've discovered I can rebuke undead 20 times per day.

That's plenty more than I'll ever need and just curious what I can use it for.

Chilingsworth
2011-01-12, 01:22 PM
There are the various divine feats from Complete Divine and Complete Champion... I think there may be some in PBH2 also. Such feats let you increase damage, reduce damage, ward against some effects, things like that.

Greenish
2011-01-12, 01:26 PM
Divine feats, Devotion feats (most of them anyhow), RKV, OC, Divine Wrath weapon property (MIC), that one itemset from CChamp. Off the top of my head, there are huge number of others, I should think.

[Edit]: The itemset was Regalia of Righteous War. I do recall Knight of the Raven could use TU for some things too, removing negative levels and the like.

Duke of URL
2011-01-12, 01:42 PM
Since some of us have a cached copy of Crystal Keep lying around... Feats that convert turn undead uses to useful things:

Turn or Rebuke

Divine Accuracy (LM): You and allies can reroll miss chances due to incorporeality
Divine Alacrity (FoE): Boost to land speed
Divine Armor (PH2): Gain DR
Divine Cleansing (CWar): Bonus to Fort saves for you and allies
Divine Fortune (PH2): Bonus on your next saving throw as an immediate action
Divine Justice (PH2): You can damage a target who damages you
Divine Metamagic:(CDiv): Cheese, pure cheese
Divine Might (CWar): Add CHA modifier to weapon attacks
Divine Resistance (CWar): You and allies gain energy resistances
Divine Shield (CWar): Add CHA modifier to shield bonus
Divine Spell Power (CDiv): Boost caster level of a divine spell
Divine Vigor (CWar): Bonus to movement plus extra HP
... and about a dozen more

Turn only

Ancestral Whispers (FoE): +4 sacred bonus to skill check
Consecrate Spell Trigger (BoED): Add Consecrated Spell metamagic to wand or staff spell
Disciple of the Sun (CDiv): Use 2 turn attempts to destroy, not turn undead
Exalted Turning (BoED): Cause damage to turned undead
Pierce the Darkness (RoS): Double your darkvision range
Purify Spell Trigger (BoED): Add Purify Spell metamagic to wand or staff spell
Sacred Boost (CDiv): Maximize a cure spell
Sacred Healing (PH2): Grant fast healing to creatures in a burst
Sacred Purification (PH2): Positive energy burst as a swift action
Sacred Radiance (FoE): Create bright light that grants bonuses to non-Evil and penalties to Evil
Sacred Vitality (LM): Temporary immunity to ability damage, ability drain, or energy drain
Sanctify Water (Storm): Water around you temporarily converted to holy water
Spurn Death's Touch (LM): Choose one of multiple restorative effects for damage done by an undead

Most of these come from Book of Exalted Deeds, Complete Divine, Complete Warrior, Faiths of Eberron, Libris Mortis, and Players Handbook 2.

Callista
2011-01-12, 03:38 PM
Huh. I just asked this exact same question. Maybe a thread merge is appropriate here...

nedz
2011-01-12, 03:41 PM
Since some of us have a cached copy of Crystal Keep lying around...
No need for that when you can have this (http://chet.kindredcircle.org/)