PDA

View Full Version : New 3.5ed rogue i need help

Lazyleo
2011-01-12, 05:17 PM
Hey there am starting up a new char. and its a human rogue and i need some help as to what class i should go into i want to be someone that can sneak around and deal mass DMG to anything with a sneak attack and also want to be able to trick shop owners into eather buying thinks at a low rate and selling bad things at a high rate plz help anything at all will be useful

Gavinfoxx
2011-01-12, 05:26 PM
Hey there am starting up a new char. and its a human rogue and i need some help as to what class i should go into i want to be someone that can sneak around and deal mass DMG to anything with a sneak attack and also want to be able to trick shop owners into eather buying thinks at a low rate and selling bad things at a high rate plz help anything at all will be useful

Wow... it's beautiful. There's only one period in the whole thing!

*Sniffles*

Okay, a few things.

1.) How old are you? In real life, I mean.

2.) Is English your first language?

3.) Do you have some dyslexic or other sort of disability that makes literacy hard?

What I am getting around with this is that, unless you have some big excuse, you should really really really not butcher the English language in that manner.

Also, there is a LOT of stuff that you obviously don't know here, first of which is the appropriate way to ask for character help, and second of which is much anything about the rules of D&D.

How about this: If you make a BIG effort to type clearly, and in full, coherent sentences with roughly appropriate punctuation, I will spend a few hours explaining these sorts of things to you on AIM or Yahoo IM or MSN Messenger?

My screennames are in my profile. Cheers!

Lazyleo
2011-01-12, 05:32 PM
High as hell to be honest. didnt really care for the periods lol. just wanted a answer

Gavinfoxx
2011-01-12, 05:38 PM
High as hell to be honest. didnt really care for the periods lol. just wanted a answer

Ah! I appreciate an honest answer. I'll be able to help you some more if you get on IM. I'd suggest you keep a log, so you can read it when you've got your faculties back... I sent you a Private Message.

Saint GoH
2011-01-12, 06:41 PM
Fast and Flawed Advice

Meh, "tricking" shop owners really involves a liberal use of bluff and appraise (is that skill even around still?), so any decent Charisma and max skill ranks means you'll be outsmarting yer average shop owner (go go Commoner 3!) in no time.

As for max damage on a SA, yer likely best going TWF, which can be really feat intensive but worth it for SA. Something's you will definitely NEED is Craven from Champions of Ruin (allows you to add yer level to Sneak Attack damage) and the ACF from Dungeonscape that allows you to sneak attack undead, constructs, etc for half damage.

A real quick sample build could be Swashbuckler3/Rogue 3/Fighter 2/Swashbuckler X. Take Daring Outlaw at lvl 6 to make Swashbuckler and Rogue levels stack for sneak attack. Take Fighter to get the Hit and Run Tactics ACF from Drow of the Underdark and a few extra feats. By ECL 8 you will be adding your Dex, Int (and any STR you might have) to damage with 2 weapons, in addition to 3d6+8 Sneak attack damage on every attack.

A good handbook I found after about 2 seconds of searching is this (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871666/The_3.5_Rogue_Handbook). It'll help clarify some of the tips I gave here.

gorfnab
2011-01-12, 11:58 PM
A good handbook I found after about 2 seconds of searching is this (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871666/The_3.5_Rogue_Handbook). It'll help clarify some of the tips I gave here.
A more up to date and thorough handbook can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8711233).