PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) good, dark, low level adventure?

Ozreth
2011-01-12, 05:27 PM
My girlfriend wants to try her hand at DMing and wants to run a darker adventure (vampires, necromancers, drow, zombies etc)

Would prefer level 1 and an adventure path would be nice.

Ideas? Thanks! : )

Mojo_Rat
2011-01-13, 01:25 AM
The Paizo, Game mastery Moduals d0 d1 and d1.5 might work. They were written for 3.5 rather than pathfinder so would likely meet your needs. and D0 Hollows LAst Hope can be gotten off of their Site paizo.com as a PDF for free.

Its set in an area with a Spooky woods that has Werewolves and suggestion of darker things. If you do all the moduals as a Chain the last one d5 jungry are the dead involves a undead attacking the countr side theme.

Ive been planning these myself for a mini campaign But have not had the chance yet. The only weak link in it all is d1.5 which seems to be rated lower than the others at 3 stars vs 4+ for the others.

Anyhow hope this helps.

Oh as an Aside on the Same Vein, the Modual Hangmans Noose looks really cool and would also fit the genre you want but it might be hard for a fst time DM

Ozreth
2011-01-13, 02:28 AM
That sounds perfect! Thanks! I was looking at Barrow of the Forgotten King but this sounds like it may be better. I see that Paio offers the PDF for free but any idea where I could buy a physical copy? No luck on Amazon or Ebay : /

Any experience with Barrow of the forgotten king?

Mojo_Rat
2011-01-13, 11:11 AM
in the case of d0 just pay someone to print it. youbcan legally do so with any PDF purchased from paizo. it's 35 pages I think and shouldn't be expensive. if you want to go "whole hog" into it like in did the dark moon vale book has a fold out map of the area and d1 basically takes place in the same area and covers more landmarks. these have physical copies. I found d1 and d5 at a FLGS and after reading them did thevrestvofvthe research.

but for d0 you need to talk to your local copier place and get them to print and 3 ring binder it.

no experience with the other module, I haven't gmed in years and was looking for some easy pre made stuff had intended to do d1 as a one off for my group to get back into things when I bought it.