PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Gods with Knowledge AND Planning

tuesdayscoming
2011-01-12, 11:25 PM
I've been browsing through my books for a while now, and the only god I can find with both of these is Gond from PGtF. Anyone know of any others?

edit: just for clarity, I'm talking about the domains.

RipperOfShirts
2011-01-12, 11:51 PM
Siamophe: Page 106 of Faiths and Pantheons. God of Nobles and rightful rule of Nobles.
Chronepsis: Page 33 of the Dragonomicon. Dragon god of Fate, Death and Judgement.

Think that's about it

HunterOfJello
2011-01-12, 11:53 PM
Siamophe from Faiths and Pantheons has the Knowledge, Law, Nobility,
Planning, and Pride domains. Will that fit?

Chronepsis from the Draconomicon has the Death, Dragon, Fate, Knowledge, Planning, and Time domains, but I'm not sure if he's really a Forgotten Realms god or not.

**Dammit Swordsage'd!**
~

As far as domains are concerned, I would take a look at the deities portfolios which describe what the gods actually spend their time being deities of and then take that information to a DM to argue for domains that aren't on their short WoTC list. I think that it's important for deities to be restricted to their portfolios (since that's what they end up fighting over), but not their domains if the domains match their portfolio.

For example, the goddess Istus has the portfolios of "Fate, Destiny, Divination, and Future". These are all closely related to Planning and it could be argued that Istus should have the Planning domain.

The same applies to Lendor, the god of "Time, Patience, and Study". If he's the “Prince of Time” and “Master of Tedium”, then it's no stretch to postulate that he would be intimiately connected to the Planning domain.

~
The Crystalkeep d20 index is a great source for info on Deities. However, I just realized that Crystalkeep took all their pdfs down. You can still find them at this mirror site (http://chet.kindredcircle.org/) however.

~

Also, what's wrong with Gond? Gond is awesome.

Coidzor
2011-01-13, 12:31 AM
A potentially useful workaround is the Cloistered Cleric (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#clericVariantCloistere dCleric)variant from Unearthed Arcana. All you need then is for the god to offer Planning and you get Knolwedge, Planning, and your choice of a third domain.

Ravens_cry
2011-01-13, 12:33 AM
You could be a no-god cleric and revere Preparation and get those domains if neither of those gods appeals to you. At least Knowledge and Planning make some thematic sense together.

tuesdayscoming
2011-01-13, 02:06 AM
Thanks so much for the replies, guys!

Coidzor, I'm actually already taking Cloistered Cleric, but need the domain a second time to swap it out for Knowledge Devotion.

Unfortunately, neither Siamophe nor Chronepsis fit the character concept very well. Gond is still a bit more appropriate, I think. The char is a roguish type diviner cleric, Rogue 1 Cloistered Cleric 5 Shadowbane Stalker 3, who runs around collecting whatever impressive bits of technology and objets d'arcana.

Also, the god need not necessarily be from Forgotten Realms. My DM is extraordinarily lenient on these things, and honestly probably wouldn't care who I'm worshiping. For my own peace of mind, though, I'd still like to find an appropriate deity.

Thurbane
2011-01-13, 02:39 AM
Just checked the list of Living Greyhawk deities...no luck...

Greenish
2011-01-13, 03:09 AM
Coidzor, I'm actually already taking Cloistered Cleric, but need the domain a second time to swap it out for Knowledge Devotion.Knowledge isn't the only domain you can swap for Knowledge Devotion. Inquisition and Mind also work, and the former you can grab by one-level dip into Church Inquisitor if you're LG or LN (with LG deity).

Coidzor
2011-01-13, 03:15 AM
Knowledge isn't the only domain you can swap for Knowledge Devotion. Inquisition and Mind also work, and the former you can grab by one-level dip into Church Inquisitor if you're LG or LN (with LG deity).

I think the Oracle Domain would also work, which along with effectively evasion in any armor at level 2 could make Divine Oracle(complete divine) another potential dip.