PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Words of Power

ajkkjjk52
2011-01-13, 12:14 AM
Has anyone played with the Words of Power playtest? It's available at http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy8hvu and I'm curious what people think.

Mojo_Rat
2011-01-13, 01:11 AM
It looks neat but what we have so far makes for a really versitile blaster type but they deliberately held back alot of info and the playtest was only focused on a small amount of the words.

It seems to me for a really organized person it would work well Somone showed an example of ths basically he had his 'acid spell worked out' then the Exact points it would cost if he made it a Cone vs a Ball Vs a line and a few other variations so he could switch quickly without bogging the game down.

I wouldnt recomend it for somone new or disorganized.

You would likely need to have a bunch of spells worke dout ahead of time so your Dm knew what youd be doing.

but that said the blaster type could switch it up elements or effects pretty effectively to match different oponents.

(yes i realize blasting isnt considered efficient but i still think being able to do this is neat)

all this said i didnt get a chance to playtest it and probly wont have a chance to try it til the book comes out. My current Dm isnt keen on trying new things until their official

BobVosh
2011-01-13, 01:40 AM
Woah, some game designers kept away from KISS. (Keep it simple, stupid)

That said I like it. A lot. On the other hand I don't like how long it looks like it can take because spells already take a lot of time.

I'll be interested in watching how it develops.

As a side note this one change makes the Magus class from the first playtest of this book useful. Or whatever the new duskblade class is called.