PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for getting a feat at 10th level

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-13, 02:23 AM
As I mentioned in my other thread, I'm currently playing a Shadow (LoM) elf warlock (the non-CHA kind). Our DM has said that the module we're playing through will take us ultimately to 12th level, or in my case 10th level (no LA buy-off). I'm wondering if there is any way to get a bonus general feat at tenth level, while retaining CL 10 as a warlock, so I can get Quicken Spell-like Ability.

I'm assuming I'm just boned in this regard, but I know of at least one way to get an extra CL as a warlock, so maybe not.

Thurbane
2011-01-13, 02:30 AM
You can worship an Elder Evil to get a Vile feat every 5 levels. Maybe you could Dark Chaos Shuffle it to get Quicken SLA?

Also, I think FC2 has rules for selling your soul to a devil for cash and prizes...which can include bonus feats.

I'm assuming I'm just boned in this regard, but I know of at least one way to get an extra CL as a warlock, so maybe not.
You could reconsider elf, take a Shadow Human, then take the Human Paragon class...if you take the 2nd level at 10th, it'll net you a bonus feat.

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-13, 02:37 AM
You can worship an Elder Evil to get a Vile feat every 5 levels. Maybe you could Dark Chaos Shuffle it to get Quicken SLA?

Also, I think FC2 has rules for selling your soul to a devil for cash and prizes...which can include bonus feats.

You could reconsider elf, take a Shadow Human, then take the Human Paragon class...if you take the 2nd level at 10th, it'll net you a bonus feat.

Well, unfortunately she's Chaotic Good, so the elder evil thing doesn't really work. The Faustian Pact thing is interesting, but considering her CG status and the fact that we're hunting a devil in the campaign makes it... unlikely.

And unfortunately it's a bit too late to be 'reconsidering' my race.

Thurbane
2011-01-13, 02:42 AM
Hmm...you might get some ideas in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172309).

Grelna the Blue
2011-01-13, 03:18 AM
You might be able to persuade your GM to allow you to take a flaw, even though it is after character creation. Per Unearthed Arcana (p.91), that is kosher with GM approval and you get an extra feat for every flaw regardless of when the flaw is taken. You'd probably have to come up with some in-game reason your character was so afflicted, but other than retraining it is the only way I can think of for you to get a general feat that is easy and non-evil.

Shadowleaf
2011-01-13, 03:23 AM
You might be able to persuade your GM to allow you to take a flaw, even though it is after character creation. Per Unearthed Arcana (p.91), that is kosher with GM approval and you get an extra feat for every flaw regardless of when the flaw is taken. You'd probably have to come up with some in-game reason your character was so afflicted, but other than retraining it is the only way I can think of for you to get a general feat that is easy and non-evil.
Otyugh's Hole gives the Iron Will feat for something like 3000 gp, if I remember correctly.