PDA

View Full Version : DM needs input

Liekurmomma
2011-01-13, 02:25 AM
I'm running a Mage:The Awakening game using the Savage Worlds system with elements from whatever books and have two players. So I have that going....
Also, get out of this thread, Shinizak. I don't want you reading any of this.

So far my players had gone camping in the woods. While fishing, they stumbled upon a man who was basicly going "oh shi...oh shi...oh shi.." over the body of a woman. While questioning the guy, one of the players walks to to the campsite to get a tarp to carry the body. (phone isn't working thanks to player 2's resonance. While gone, the guy barfs on player 2's shoe and topples over and soon dies. They then take it gerny the bodies to ranger station, but the bodies begin to move and they drop them. Rather then fight, the pc's run away to the station and are given chase by the two now apparent zombies. In the station the ranger cowers behind counter when what he sees is two people with weapons barricading themselves inside and two people trying to break in. phones and stuff still not working as per pc 2. NPC "zombies" break through window, one killed while trying to get in, other shortly after. Ranger runs away after being led to pc's campsite so pc's can get their stuff (still in fear of pc's because he has no clue wats going on, just that 2 people are dead after fight) PC's shortly find ranger against tree chunk taken out of neck.

Gan The Grey
2011-01-13, 02:26 AM
Waiting for the question....

Liekurmomma
2011-01-13, 02:42 AM
part two: Cops brought in, pc's gave story. Dentals taken, weapons for evidence. Investigation underway. Told to stay in town. At this time the pc's check to see if anything is wierd where the two people died. They now know theres a node there.Few days later pc 2 is going to his node outside his apartment. its under a bridge with a stream passing through and its near a park. He uses it by fishing there and eating the fish he catches. Before he gets there at night he notices someone wading in the stream there bent over slightly with his hands under water and not moving. He watches this npc. Not getting good look at his face until thirty minutes later when the man turns around to leave. Holding his lantern up , pc 2 sees that the man has sunken sullen eyes and is completely dry. He checks to sense the mans aura which is gold and veiny. He believes the man to be a lich thats spiritual somehow. (he's correct by the way. This is what I'm intending it to be. When the npc is gone, he check the river near his node where he notices some dead fish. He goes back home. Managing to not have his resonance screw him over. He manages to call up pc 1 and they meet up at pub and discuss what just happened.

Any ideas, suggestions on where to go from here?

Megaduck
2011-01-13, 03:15 AM
One word: Ninja's

Ok, slightly more seriously. What if the lich guy isn't trying to make zombies but working on mind control instead? Then you can start how everyone who drinks the water starts acting funny.

Or he's communing with the nature spirits of the stream and corrupting them with his hatred so they start hating everything around them. He's planning to do this to a wide area so that the very land hates and attacks everything living so he can have a secure base for further evil plans.

Liekurmomma
2011-01-13, 03:24 AM
That's a good idea. My original plan with the node at the campground was for it to be a life node that's been corrupted. The same thing corruption deal was my plan for pc 2's node as well. My players tend to simply assume things and go with it. Their still probably under the idea I'm planing some kind of zombie apocalypse game. Ive told the guys that assuming things probably isn't the best way to go about things all the time. My idea behind the lich came from the Tremere, but I don't want to go with the whole mage vampire shtick, so the origin behind them and function will be different.

Liekurmomma
2011-01-13, 04:34 AM
any other Ideas?

Liekurmomma
2011-01-16, 03:34 PM
K, my plan thus far is to have the lich seeming guy to actually to actually be a part of a group of mages who believe the whole fountain of youth story, but that it was a device created by mages. They use their own souls in working their magic trying tocreate this devise, but it tears their souls apart, which would lead to the mages deaths. After a while, some of the more scrupulous of the mages learned they could "patch" their own souls together by ripping out chunk of soul from others. With the continuous ripping of ones own soul in their work and "mending" it with pieces they've robbed from others. Over time they begin to lose more and more of their humanity.

I'm probably going to run the PC's through something unrelated to the main story for a day or two before I start seeing if I can get them into this.

Anyone wanna expand on this idea with anything? Think its crap?