PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Build Advice

wayfare
2011-01-13, 09:58 PM
I need some advice on how to build the following characters.

Swashbuckler 3, Rogue 2, Chameleon 4

And

Spellthief 9

Everything from suggested attributes to spell selection to equipment would be helpful.

--Wayfare

dextercorvia
2011-01-13, 10:59 PM
Arcane Stunt is pretty nice on Swashbuckler. I assume, since you are going Swashbuckler3, you are pumping Int (otherwise Rogue3 is better). In that case, I would pick up Abrupt Jaunt Conjuror 1 instead of Rogue2.

Hawk7915
2011-01-13, 11:30 PM
I'm actually wondering if, since you won't be able to snag Daring Outlaw, Factotum 3/Swashbuckler 3/Chameleon 3 might be a better build. You delay the Ability Boon ability, but Factotum grants all sorts of neato stuff in an int-heavy build. If you can afford a Monk's Belt and don't mind some cheese in taking Kung Fu Genius, you can really make this guy effective as an unarmored, versatile super int character.

I'm not as familiar with spellthieves. Craven seems like a decent bet so you can still deal some damage after stealing. Practiced Spellcaster might be helpful to boost your CL up there. Obtain Familiar -> Improved Familiar would allow a flanking buddy to help you out. Make sure to snag a precision weapon, and wear Mithral Chain to be safe.

gorfnab
2011-01-14, 12:37 AM
Spellthief Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44299)

Weapon Finesse feat
Craven feat - more sneak attack damage
Master Spellthief feat - way better option than Practiced Spellcaster
Prestige Class - 2 or more levels of Unseen Seer mainly for more sneak attack and the Hunters Eye (PHBII) spell
Cloud of Knives (PHBII) - free source of potential sneak attack damage every round
Snipers Shot (SpC) - for sneak attacking from a safe distance