PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with a Compaq Presario CQ50?

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2011-01-13, 11:31 PM
I have just discovered the laptop I had die back towards the end of '09 (HP Pavillion DV 6000), is the right model/year made to be included in a class action suit against Nvidia due to a defect in the graphics card. Since at the time I refused to pay for the repair, I am now able to make a replacement claim (but not reimbursement claim unfortunately). But at any rate, the deal is that if the computer is an HP that has the issue, they'll give you a Compaq Presario CQ50 in return if you qualify. Now, after a brief Google search, this seems like really a raw deal as the Compaq seems like far less quality than the HP model was. But I figured I'd see if anyone has this computer, or any experience with it to see if it might be worth filing a claim.

factotum
2011-01-14, 02:19 AM
I don't have one, but I'm struggling to see the downside in replacing a non-functional laptop with a working one, no matter what the quality difference is!

Erloas
2011-01-14, 10:46 AM
I'm with Factotum on this one. Even if its the cheapest laptop they make its still probably worth about $400. Is the time it would take you to fill out a claim worth $400? Even if you just turn around and sell the new laptop as soon as you get it you could still probably get $200-300 for it (assuming they are sending you one of the cheapest laptops they make, I haven't actually looked it up to see what its valued at)