PDA

View Full Version : Post your silly childhood stories!

Ohmyani
2011-01-14, 01:39 AM
I just remembered a story from back when I was a kid. When I was about 10-11, I was at my cousins' house for the night, and we were out on the deck, where there was a dartboard. It was really dark, and it was snowing! I don't know how it started... but we just started taking the darts and throwing them up into the darkness, dodging them when they came down. Miraculously, none of us lost an eye, and we actually had enough time to get bored and move on to making tiny snow forts on the tiny deck! I have no idea how we all dodged em, but it's a very fond memory :smallbiggrin:

What about you forum? What chu got? :D

Traab
2011-01-14, 10:52 PM
It was a warm summer afternoon about 15 years ago, and me and my friends were bored. So what do we do? "Hey guys, my bedroom window opens up onto the roof! Lets jump off it!" Its about 10 feet from our feet to the grass. Not a HUGE jump, but enough to "prove your manliness" or whatever. So we all start doing it. Im the last to go, I take the leap.... and forgot that im not supposed to lock my knees. I landed feet first and BOUNCED 8 inches back into the air, horribly spraining both my ankles. Im on the ground writhing in pain, and my good buddies are being oh so helpful with their laughter, and threats to drop stuff on me. I spent the rest of the evening trying not to walk where my parents could see me, and pretending everything was ok. I ALMOST made it to bedtime before I got caught, trying to crawl my way up the flight of stairs to my room.

Dr.Epic
2011-01-14, 11:03 PM
Once my brother, sister, and myself were making breakfast for our dad on Father's Day when we accidentally set off the fire alarm making toast. The surprise really...went up in flames.

thorgrim29
2011-01-14, 11:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5NQlpZp238&feature=related

Once in the middle of the night I was feeling funny (think I was like 4), I went to my parent's room, woke them up, and promptly vomited on them.

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-15, 01:05 AM
When I was 8 I always watched Pokemon (7:30 - 8:00 p.m.) and SCC (8:00 to 8:30 p.m.) which came immediately after. Suddenly they shifted SCC to 12:30 p.m., I ignored my parents and stayed up to watch it, Math test the next day, additions with numbers on the decimal places, I didn't even write my name, I answered two questions and felt asleep, I began drooling and the test became a watery mess. I got lower than what the school could register, so I effectively got bellow the possible minimum. My parents were very angry.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-01-15, 04:44 PM
This one isn't as much silly as sad:
When I was seven years old, my father told me to shovel the driveway. Instead, I stood blow the roof knocking icicles off the edge with a snow-shovel. I didn't think to step out of the way, so they were landing on me causing small bleeding gashes. It was cold outside and I was numb so I didn't notice.
One landed on my face just above my eye and it tore a huge bleeding gash in my forehead and scratched my skull. I stumbled inside and my father rushed my to the hospital where they stitched my skin back together. My father had to throw out my coat because it was impossible to wash out the giant blood-stain.
This is the sad part: the next year, I did it again (but without sustaining serious injury).

Adumbration
2011-01-15, 05:16 PM
Not something I recall myself, but... Apparently when I was very young, I had a fascination with electric cords. Not chewing on them or anything (I guess), but just sort of touching and yanking them.

You know the heavy, waterfilled, metallic items they use to iron things? Irons, I think? We had an electric one. Guess what: one day I yanked on the cord and it dropped straight on my head.

At least this is what my parents told me when I asked them about the curiously lightning-shaped scar right between my eyes... :smallwink:

Leecros
2011-01-15, 05:34 PM
I put my finger in a pencil sharpener when i was like 6...

I....um...don't think i have to elaborate on that.:smalleek:

Lillith
2011-01-15, 06:44 PM
When I was little, about four or five, I was a tv junkie. The first thing I'd do was rush towards the television and turn it on. One day though for some reason I was apparently stalling and my dad went to the television before me and turned it on. He got a huge electrical blast from the television that would have killed a small infant. So yeah, I'm happy that I wasn't doing my usual business back then.

Also around that same age I was dancing around in the living room while my grandfather was smoking. I danced right into his hand and his cigarette burned my eye. Instant hospital trip yay.

Trog
2011-01-15, 08:28 PM
I live near some bluffs which are all over the place in this area and back in the valley between two of them someone had erected this cable swing. It was essentially a 100' long cable attached high up in a tree on a steep hillside. The cable had a loop in the end of it.

What you did was you climbed up the steep embankment and you got hold of the swing and you put your foot in the loop and pushed off, sailing like 20' above the ground near a rocky stream comprised of runoff from the surrounding bluffs. This was all bordered by jagged rocks and such.

Anyhow, one time my friends and I went to this place and I was swinging and somehow or other my foot slipped out of the noose and I fell the 20' to the ground flat on my chest, my head narrowly missing a few big rocks near the stream. It knocked the wind out of me and hurt a lot, of course.

My friends came running over to see if I was ok and I just raised my head and said "... SUPERMAAAAAAN!" Which cracked us all up.

Fun times. :smallamused:

Saint GoH
2011-01-15, 09:52 PM
Oh man.... soo many stupid things. Even now.

Let's see. When I was about 7 I was short enough to run under the cutting board at home, and my brother just bought me my first hooded sweatshirt. I was running all around the house when my hood caught on the edge of the cutting board. WHAM. Saint basically garroted himself with his collar.

Flash forward a few years, I just learned how to ride a bike (I HAD A LATE START OK?) and I was trying to show my brother and sister how cool I was. On our deck. Without railings. Needless to say I plowed face first off a ~8ft drop. Teeth went through my lip :smallbiggrin:

Another year or so, when I was about 11 or 12, I was playing tag on a farm with some friends. I was chasing one when he ran under a tarp. I followed, but wasnt really paying attention to what was under the tarp. I ran into the chute on a woodchipper, sharp edge out. Literally scalped myself. Frackin hurt.

{Scrubbed}

mucat
2011-01-16, 01:28 AM
{Scrubbed}

Partof1
2011-01-16, 01:56 AM
Lessee, my best memory of self injury was when I was 9, I think. I have been snowbording a bit every year since I was 6, and at nine, the crappy hill in my back yard was acceptable fun. I was at the bottom, turning to stop, and I hit a quad track, fell flat on y stomach, and my snowboard, yet buckled to my feet, flipped over and smacked me in the back of the head. Didn't go to the hospital, but I bled a lot, and ruined my snowsuit. Now I have a scar and an injury story. And I always snowboard with a helmet.

ForzaFiori
2011-01-16, 04:26 PM
I tried to be Tarzan with our venetian blinds onces. Just about hung myself.
Then there was the time when my dad tried to teach me to ride a bike. He put me on it and gave me a push down our very steep driveway. Maybe 5 feet later, I fall over and slide down. Took almost all the skin off the left side of my face.

Asta Kask
2011-01-16, 05:51 PM
When I was 5 I tried to pet a bumblebee. I cried... more from the shock than the pain, I think. After all, I was only trying to be nice.

mucat
2011-01-16, 06:35 PM
When I was 5 I tried to pet a bumblebee. I cried... more from the shock than the pain, I think. After all, I was only trying to be nice.

Awww...that is both adorable and sad. I hope someone had the presence of mind to explain that the bee was just scared because you were so much bigger than it was.

TigerHunter
2011-01-16, 06:39 PM
I put my finger in a pencil sharpener when i was like 6...

I....um...don't think i have to elaborate on that.:smalleek:
I stapled my own thumb. On purpose.

Galileo
2011-01-16, 08:37 PM
I put a marble up my nose once when I was about 6. My thought process was something along the lines of "I wonder how far I can shove this up there before I can't get it out again!" When I was told that it looked like the only way to get it out was to visit the hospital, I panicked and sneezed it out.

My sister and I were carrying an old wooden crate lid, can't remember why. I told her "Down" and she drops her end. I drop mine too, out of surprise, and it lands on my big toe.

I was in my room, bending over to pick up something next to the closed door. My brother slams open the door, the doorknob goes right into my face. It had a small lip around the edge of the handle, just perfect for cutting open my forehead. Went to the hospital, got it superglued shut. Best part? I'd just got out of the same hospital earlier that day after a week of pneumonia keeping me in there. The nurse told me if I came in again that night they'd keep me.