PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds: Necessary Evil Help

Rasman
2011-01-14, 05:43 AM
I'm going to be playing in a Savage Worlds game that is based on the Necessary Evil supers plot point. To give those that haven't heard of it a summary:

When all the super heroes of the world are blown to kingdom come by an army of invading aliens who will save the day? Evil... The only forces left to take on the alien menace are the crafty and self serving super villains!

So, BASICALLY, we create super villains that are going to defend the world/human race from total annihilation. My current problem is that this is only the second time I've even looked at the Savage Worlds system AND...I can't decide on a proper villain...

Frankly, my Favorite Villains have always come from either the Batman universe or Spiderman, but really the only Spidey Villain I've ever liked was Craven, but he wasn't TECHNICALLY a Villain since didn't actually kill him and left him alone after winning once. But all in all, I'm having a hard time coming up with a Villain that would fit into this system and story since I don't think the Joker would last long against aliens...

So anyone that understand the system that could give me some pointers on how/what to build, I would greatly appreciate it OR anyone with just an Opinion about a Villain that I could emulate would be awesome too.

TalonDemonKing
2011-01-14, 08:23 AM
I'm sorry, this has nothing to do with your post, but your avatar is Awesome.

Raum
2011-01-14, 08:45 AM
So anyone that understand the system that could give me some pointers on how/what to build, I would greatly appreciate it OR anyone with just an Opinion about a Villain that I could emulate would be awesome too.Remember, the premise of NE is that super villains will redeem themselves (to a greater or lesser degree) by fighting against the alien invaders. While this doesn't mean they're all going to become paladins, it does mean you don't want completely unregenerate or insane villains.

So pick a villain type you like and give him a "weakness" - some redeeming quality. (Something villains would consider a weakness - likes kids, helps little old ladies because his mom told him to, etc.)

Have fun!

Rasman
2011-01-14, 04:11 PM
I'm sorry, this has nothing to do with your post, but your avatar is Awesome.

Lol...tis ok, I get that a lot...I'm working on more Armstrong signatures as well, I wasn't quite satisfied with this one and found some stocks that I liked better

Remember, the premise of NE is that super villains will redeem themselves (to a greater or lesser degree) by fighting against the alien invaders. While this doesn't mean they're all going to become paladins, it does mean you don't want completely unregenerate or insane villains.

So pick a villain type you like and give him a "weakness" - some redeeming quality. (Something villains would consider a weakness - likes kids, helps little old ladies because his mom told him to, etc.)

Have fun!

I was ACTUALLY thinking of a primarily Jokeresque character on the basis of one concept that the Joker actually, rather than being Insane, was "Super-Sane" to the point that he realized that he was probably actually in a Comic Book.

In Arkham Asylum, a psychiatrist suggests that the Joker's mental condition is an instance of "super-sanity," a unique form of extrasensory perception. It has occasionally been implied that the Joker's perception extends beyond the limits endured by the merely sane, up to and including awareness of being a comic-book character. In its short run, Amalgam Comics had super beings from Marvel Comics and DC Comics appearing in each others universes, much confused and unrecognized by the native population. However, upon encountering the Marvel character Spider-Man in Gotham the Joker spoke in familiar terms and even commented on Spider-Man's costume change, an oblique reference to an older cross-over tale which had subsequently been retcon-ed out of existence.

This concept interested me since I'd never heard about it, but I don't want just the Joker...

Batman Villains are just...more interesting. So my concept might be something along the lines of a Splicing of the Joker, the Riddler, Two-Face and Scarecrow and calling him "Hint," since Jokes and Riddles can ask questions and Harvey Dent was the real name of Two-Face. The real question is, how do you pull that off when facing an Alien Army? I guess that's going to be the fun part...

0Megabyte
2011-01-14, 04:42 PM
a good resource would be the comic series Incorruptible. In it the protagonist, one of the most evil villains in the world, witnesses the Superman analogue go insane and wipe out the Metropolis analogue, killing millions. The hero is so shocked that he decides to reform, to become the hero that the world needs. Because when a god goes bad, what hope do people really have?

Rasman
2011-01-14, 06:25 PM
a good resource would be the comic series Incorruptible. In it the protagonist, one of the most evil villains in the world, witnesses the Superman analogue go insane and wipe out the Metropolis analogue, killing millions. The hero is so shocked that he decides to reform, to become the hero that the world needs. Because when a god goes bad, what hope do people really have?

that, unfortunately, sounds a lot like Mega Mind and I really want to avoid that kind of character since it's such a recent thing...I originally thought the same about the Joker, but I can't beat my love for the character from when I was a kid

My other big thought was Carnage, from Spiderman, who is fairly largely based on the Joker, but Carnage seems too...Feral for this type of game and Venom would probably be more fitting...but he turns into an Anti-Hero of sorts and as such, would probably be dead at this point anyway