PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3.5 Build

G3N3R3L GHOST
2011-01-14, 07:54 PM
So just a bit ago I started into a campaign in which I was in an order of assassins. Starting at level 4 I made a swordsage and used the various shadow hand/setting sun combos to do my dirty deeds. However this character has since bitten the dust and to keep the story flow going my DM want's me to create another Assassin character. For this build I think I would rather go with the feel of the Enzio from Assassins Creed. A nimble, free running, lay em out dead kinda guy. I feel most in context of the assassins "hidden blade" is the gnomish quickrazor. Which we all know goes with Iajutsu focus like peanut butter and jelly. That being said I am looking for any suggestions for this build. I know factotum can do all of that which I need it to do as far as the movement skills and the IF. However, I don't know if it really has the combat prowess I need to put the one hitter quitter on anyone. I know another route is taking that level of human paragon then making my IF last forever. I imagine this campaign will go pretty high levels so any current or future advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all who wish to contribute thier two copper pieces.

Greenish
2011-01-14, 08:06 PM
Well, a dip to a ToB class at strategic level could be advisable.

However, one-shotting will be quite tricky without making a focused blaster or a charger.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2011-01-14, 08:13 PM
Well, a dip to a ToB class at strategic level could be advisable.

However, one-shotting will be quite tricky without making a focused blaster or a charger.

I have noticed in my time here you are full of Knowledge Green one haha. I was thinking about using a warblade and factotum cross classer to get some Int Synergies and what not. I was also thinking maybe a level or two of blood storm blade could come in handy then I could slit a throat or two up close and I could also use the "throwing daggers" which are also a one hit kill in the game with the same melee mechanics since that is how the bloodstorm blade works. I just don't wanna be set on this one path and it be the one covered with the most behir droppings.

Aust Nailo
2011-01-14, 08:29 PM
look in Complete Scoundrel, there is a weapon that is exactly like the hidden blade in Assassin's Creed 2.

Greenish
2011-01-14, 08:41 PM
look in Complete Scoundrel, there is a weapon that is exactly like the hidden blade in Assassin's Creed 2.You mean sleeve blade?

Well, move action to "activate" (it isn't actually drawn, and thus can't be quick drawn either), -2 to attacks. I'd go with Gnomish Quickrazor.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2011-01-14, 08:58 PM
You mean sleeve blade?

Well, move action to "activate" (it isn't actually drawn, and thus can't be quick drawn either), -2 to attacks. I'd go with Gnomish Quickrazor.

Yes I agree. Mechanically the Quickrazor is what I desire. Even if visually something else is more accurate.

The-Mage-King
2011-01-14, 09:23 PM
Simple to plan out, actually, for a Human. 1 or 3 Factotum, two Fighter, three Swashbuckler, 2-3 Rogue, and finish with a Warblade level and a Swordsage level.

Your first level feat should be Able Learner. Then pick up EWP (Gnomish Quickrazor) from Fighter 1, and some of the TWF Tiger Claw and some Shadow Hand (Assassin's Stance, specifically) maneuvers from Swordsage, and the multiple attack maneuvers from Warblade. Swashbuckler will add Int to damage (and more sneak attack, with Daring Outlaw), Rogue sneak attack dice, and Fighter and Warblade more HP. Ta-da. Done.

Bang!
2011-01-14, 09:27 PM
Swordsage and Factotum/Warblade, focusing on DM maneuvers, do what you want out of the can.

Lurk could also work. It's mobile, fairly versatile and can drop targets quickly with its mind drain thing. The results aren't perfect though: mind-draining and throat-slashing are different in more than just flavor and the Lurk is kind of awkward in that it has too few HP to really pose as a front-liner and too few skills/abilities to fill in as the party rogue.

If I wanted to make this character for my games (and because I don't like dragging around anything more than the PHB), I'd probably tack 7d6 SA progression and d8 HD onto the Bard in place of Bardic music, and tinker with its spell list to be more sneaky and less social.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2011-01-14, 10:03 PM
I have thought about using Swashbuckler and throwing in the Arcane stunt variant with slow fall. I felt like that made sense for the whole...jumping off the highest building ever but still being ok because of the random bail of hay laying right there thing. Daring outlaw would be pretty nice as well. Sneak attack on top of IF damage. Hard to beat that

G3N3R3L GHOST
2011-01-15, 01:25 AM
A little bump

I also have found the Feat Cosmopolitan which could save me the trouble of using the human paragon and/or Factotum with able learner. I know there isn't a feat already written in stone anywhere but does anyone feel as if a "Carmendine Monk" feat for the swordsage would be over powered? Just to create a synergy there. The Daring outlaw is still so tempting though with the sneak attack progression.

Elfin
2011-01-15, 01:30 AM
I'd definitely say factotum/warblade with Able Learner is the way to go. And really, pretty hard to screw up.

Greenish
2011-01-15, 02:35 AM
I'd definitely say factotum/warblade with Able Learner is the way to go. And really, pretty hard to screw up.This.

You'll want an even number of non-initiator levels. Factotum 2 is rather uninspiring, but Factotum 4 will have Dex added to a number of checks, 2nd level spells and limited SA and int to AC. Factotum 6 just gain Opportunistic Piety, which isn't that hot. Factotum 8 gets the extra standard actions, but you'll never gain 9th level maneuvers (though they aren't that awesome, either).

I'd try to strike a balance that ends up with 8 levels in factotum, 12 in warblade, spaced how you like it. If you want more heavy investment in combat, factotum 4 (or 3 and a level in something else) is an earlier drop-off point.