PDA

View Full Version : Another Pounce Question

Shinigaze
2011-01-15, 07:00 AM
Ok so my question is this, if a mount has pounce does the mountee gain the benefits of the pounce such as making a full attack at the end of said pounce? I have heard that you don't but it just doesn't make sense to me. The reason this doesn't make any sense is because I've heard that if the PC has pounce already he can use his pounce while mounted so that he can use it in conjunction with spirited charge. Therefore, a Lion Spirit Totem Barb with pounce by virtue of the fact that he can jump really far can get on a horse and cause it to jump with him? But the opposite is apparently not true because if a mount has pounce already i.e. tiger you can't gain the benefits of the pounce while riding it? It seems kind of backwards to me.

Runestar
2011-01-15, 07:10 AM
My understanding is that you are treated as charging when your mount charges. Therefore, your pounce applies.

However, if your mount has pounce, it is not transferred to the rider.

poignant123
2011-01-15, 07:50 AM
It is RAW, even if it doesn't make sense. You are still charging, so you can make a full attack.

If you and the mount have pounce, you both could make a full attack on a charge.

Urpriest
2011-01-15, 11:58 AM
First, be aware that if you have Pounce and your mount doesn't, then only you get to make a full attack on a charge, not your mount.

Second, it only fails to make sense because you've decided that the ability to pounce is the result of an ability to just extra-far. But there's no particular reason to think this. Pounce has rules, which means whatever causes it to exist must obey those rules.

Shinigaze
2011-01-18, 03:11 PM
Ok that sounds acceptable, I wad told that your mount gets the benefits of pounce if the pc had it. Now that I know that this Isn't true it makes more sense.