PDA

View Full Version : Red's Beguiler

CycloneJoker
2011-01-15, 09:14 PM
Well, I just discovered Beguilers, and was inspired to make something like this. Here's my rough draft

Starting stats (32 point buy): Str 6 (10-4), Dex 20(14+6) con 14 Int 16 (14+2) Wis 10, Cha 16

2 flaws, probably Murky-eyed and Vulnerable.

Factotum 1 - Favored (Tumble), Primary Contact (Tumble), EWP Gnome Quickrazor
Factotum 2
Factotum 3 - Weapon Finesse
Factotum 4 +int
Factotum 4/Marshal (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20030906b) 1 - Inspire Charisma
Factotum 4/Marshal 1/Electrokinetecist (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625e) 1 - Retrain EWP Gnome Quickrazor for for Wild Talent (this is assuming making the whip counts for Iaijutsu), Underfoot Combat (Qualify for w/Primary Contact)
Factotum 4/Marshal 1/Electrokinetecist 2 - Retrain Primary Contact for EWP Gnome Quickrazor
Factotum 4/Marshal 1/Electrokinetecist 3 -Retrain Favored for Font of Inspiration +int
Factotum 4/Marshal 1/Electrokinetecist 4 - Counfound the Big Folk
Factotum 4/Marshal 1/Electrokinetecist 5
Factotum 4/Marshal 1/Electrokinetecist 6
Factotum 4/Marshal 1/Electrokinetecist 7 -Skill Focus (Iaijutsu Focus) +Cha
Factotum 4/Marshal 1/Electrokinetecist 7/Exemplar 1 - Skill Artistry (Iaijutsu) Skill Mastery Iaijutsu Focus UMD, Concentration, and campaign-useful Knowledges
Factotum 4/Marshal 1/Electrokinetecist 8/Exemplar 1
Factotum 4/Marshal 1/Electrokinetecist 9/Exemplar 1 - Font of Inspiration
Factotum 5/Marshal 1/Electrokinetecist 9/Exemplar 1 - +Cha
Factotum 6/Marshal 1/Electrokinetecist 9/Exemplar 1
Factotum 7/Marshal 1/Electrokinetecist 9/Exemplar 1 - Font of Inspiration
Factotum 8/Marshal 1/Electrokinetecist 9/Exemplar 1
Factotum 9/Marshal 1/Electrokinetecist 9/Exemplar 1 +int

I'm not sure about skills beyond UMD, Iaijutsu,and Concentration which will be maxed, Diplomacy (at least 6) then the prereqs, Know(Psi) and craft Alchemy(1). Any thoughts. Also, apologies for the poor formating, I was kind of rushed.

Near-mandatory equipment: Ring of Reduce Person (LoM, 20,000 GP), Ring of Iaijutsu Focus +10 or higher

Als, on a side note, since Beguilers can change their color, they could conceivably be bright yellow, 24/7.

Thoughts or anything?

Zaq
2011-01-15, 09:29 PM
Technically, I believe that Primary Contact only breaks the level cap on skills at the level that you get it. Let's say that you get it at level 6, when the normal cap is 9 ranks. You get 10 ranks in, oh, Craft (Basketweaving). At level 7, the cap is still 10 ranks in Craft (Basketweaving), so you can't put any more points in. Primary Contact is really finicky if you want to use it to qualify for anything. Do you read it differently?

CycloneJoker
2011-01-15, 09:50 PM
Technically, I believe that Primary Contact only breaks the level cap on skills at the level that you get it. Let's say that you get it at level 6, when the normal cap is 9 ranks. You get 10 ranks in, oh, Craft (Basketweaving). At level 7, the cap is still 10 ranks in Craft (Basketweaving), so you can't put any more points in. Primary Contact is really finicky if you want to use it to qualify for anything. Do you read it differently?

I don't know, I never looked at it that way. I just assumed that it functioned as sort of a skill bonus, like Skill Focus. I guess I'll leave it like that until I find another way to get it early.

CycloneJoker
2011-01-16, 11:49 AM
I would like to know if anyone has a different opinion/knows this to be right or wrong. Anyone?

Vangor
2011-01-16, 12:00 PM
I don't know, I never looked at it that way. I just assumed that it functioned as sort of a skill bonus, like Skill Focus. I guess I'll leave it like that until I find another way to get it early.

Does not say the maximum rank itself increases, only when you gain this skill rank you can get beyond maximum ranks. Of course, I would agree to let this increase the maximum rank of a skill by one, because otherwise this side bonus is quite useless, effectively saving you a skill point for another non-max skill next level which you could've spent this feat on anyway.