PDA

View Full Version : Next Book announced yet?

Corim_Danex
2011-01-15, 10:54 PM
I quite enjoy the published books and was wondering if it has been announced that another one is in the works...and if there is a general time frame brought up yet. Please redirect me as applicable to any information available. Thank you.

hobbitkniver
2011-01-15, 11:12 PM
If such a thing was announced, it would probably be at the newspage new the top of the screen on the left.

Zevox
2011-01-15, 11:36 PM
Nope. We're currently a bit less than 100 comics into what will be the next book - still a good ways to go if it's as long as the past two have been. And no more prequels have been announced or anything.

Zevox

DaveMcW
2011-01-15, 11:37 PM
There have been ~180 strips per book.

The last book ends at strip 672.

Only halfway to the next one. ;)

Corim_Danex
2011-01-16, 12:14 AM
Ok, thanks all for the replies. That is good to know (about the roughly 180 per book part).

Dr.Epic
2011-01-16, 03:56 AM
It hasn't even been 100 strips since the last book ended. Give it some time.

Capt Spanner
2011-01-16, 09:19 AM
There are no spoilers in this post:

I seem to remember in the Don't Split The Party commentary Rich said something about three prequel books planned. We may get one of those before this arc is over. (Unless he's decided just to do two prequels.)

Dr.Epic
2011-01-16, 09:38 AM

I seem to remember in the Don't Split The Party commentary Rich said something about three prequel books planned. We may get one of those before this arc is over. (Unless he's decided just to do two prequels.)

Well, you spoiled the fact there are no spoils. Does that count? It's like a paradox.

Ted The Bug
2011-01-16, 01:42 PM

Around the time when he announced that his person life was making writing OotS too difficult to do three times a week, he also announced that any 'special projects' would be discontinued so he could focus on the main comic.

Capt Spanner
2011-01-16, 05:05 PM
Around the time when he announced that his person life was making writing OotS too difficult to do three times a week, he also announced that any 'special projects' would be discontinued so he could focus on the main comic.

This makes me sad face. :smallfrown:

Katana_Geldar
2011-01-16, 05:11 PM
The next book will not be announced until the current story arc is finished. The last story arc, for Don't Split the Party, finished aroung July 2009 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0672.html) and the book wasn't released until that Christmas. We'll have a bit of a wait.

ThePhantasm
2011-01-16, 07:40 PM
Well, you spoiled the fact there are no spoils. Does that count? It's like a paradox.

Ha Ha! :smallbiggrin:

Ted The Bug
2011-01-17, 03:25 PM
This makes me sad face. :smallfrown:

Indeed it do. I always have some kind of hope that Rich has been secretly working on an awesome project to surprise us out of nowhere, but it seems like the online comic and ocasional new merchandise are all that our future holds.
Sad face. :smallfrown:

NerfTW
2011-01-17, 08:23 PM
I'm fairly certain the "not working on extra projects" was said before Start of Darkness came out. The 3 prequel books certainly was said when he only had one out. I just can't verify that at the moment. But it was way earlier than Don't split the Party.

Indeed it do. I always have some kind of hope that Rich has been secretly working on an awesome project to surprise us out of nowhere, but it seems like the online comic and ocasional new merchandise are all that our future holds.
Sad face.

Like a massive four foot wide poster set containing every character in the story, perhaps? :smallconfused:
That wasn't exactly thrown together in a few hours.

So what you really mean is "secretly working on another prequel book". Which, even given the options, probably couldn't be released for a while. SOD, for instance, had to wait until Red Cloak's identity as something other than a random cleric was brought up. (By Miko when she exclaims "the bearer of the Crimson Mantle")

The Linear Guild or the Order of the Scribble both would require a little more of the plot to go by before we could get a book detailing their adventures. (Well, maybe not so much the Linear Guild anymore, we've gotten the reason Nale and his father fought now)

Forlong
2011-01-18, 06:47 PM
Not until about 150 more comics come out. Most of the trade paperbacks are over 200 pages long. There haven't even been 100 after the end of the last one. So we'll probably hear something about it after chapter 820 comes out.

Morgan Wick
2011-01-19, 04:31 AM
Not until about 150 more comics come out. Most of the trade paperbacks are over 200 pages long. There haven't even been 100 after the end of the last one. So we'll probably hear something about it after chapter 820 comes out.

Oh, judging by recent book trends, not until 850 at least.

Dr.Epic
2011-01-20, 07:07 AM
Ha Ha! :smallbiggrin:

Don't laugh. This paradox could rip the space/time continuum apart.