PDA

View Full Version : Most inherently sexy fantasy race?

Pages : [1] 2

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-16, 01:17 AM
What it says on the tin. You can of course pick more than one, but the rule is that you have to provide at least some reason as to why, for example, I might say Mind Flayers, because of their slimy green/purple skin and tentacles. :smallconfused:

Edit: Ah, I should also point out that this is perfectly subjective; i.e. Nymph and Succubus don't automatically 'win' just because they're basically fluffed as being the sexiest things imaginable.

Paseo H
2011-01-16, 01:18 AM
Dryad.

Most of the looks and feel of a nymph, but you won't die just from looking at her.

AslanCross
2011-01-16, 01:20 AM
...apart from sex-related evil Outsiders (Succubi/Pleasure Devils/Lilitu)?

On second thought, the art of the Lilitu is pretty hideous.

Xan_Kriegor
2011-01-16, 01:20 AM
Succubi, anyone?

Oh yeah, reasons. Well, they are kind of designed to have sex with everyone they encounter, so... yeah.... also the shapechanging allows them to fulfill many fantasies. Those are pretty good reasons, right?

EDIT: My last post 5 minutes ago was Swordsage//ninja'd, now this one? What are the forums coming to? :smalleek:

Ytaker
2011-01-16, 01:22 AM
I'd still go for humans. A druid can do everything below and more.

I'd lean away from going for a demon. The thought that they may later kill me would be an annoyance.

Edit. Basically, no weird consequences if you go for humans. Plus I find humans sexy. Inherently.

Kaje
2011-01-16, 01:22 AM
Dryad.

Most of the looks and feel of a nymph, but you won't die just from looking at her.

Naiad. Wet and slippery or stiff and rough? I'll go with the former.

gbprime
2011-01-16, 01:31 AM
MMMyeah... another vote for "humans". because, let's face it... every sexy image is sexy because it reminds you of a sexy human.

Or a large schnitzel, but that's just Freud talking. :smallamused:

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-16, 01:40 AM
MMMyeah... another vote for "humans". because, let's face it... every sexy image is sexy because it reminds you of a sexy human.

Hmm, more or less, but it can get a little more specific than that, for example, someone might say halflings or some kind of fey because of their potentially childlike physiques (yeah, yeah, everyone has their own sickness; we aren't here to judge people for their flaws). And while humans are all well and good, I think a lot of people have their own ideas of things that would make humans 'better', like pointy ears or a cat tail. :smalltongue:

Aemoh87
2011-01-16, 01:45 AM
I am gonna say Nymph... because looking at it can kill you.

My second is Atropal... no I am not a creepy pedo/necrophile, but I am a DM and there is no better way to end your 2 year long campaign that just hit epic than this giant baby.

.... maybe give them a giant baby rattle of 50 charges Mordikain's Disjuction. Ooooh that's sexy.

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-16, 01:49 AM
I am gonna say Nymph... because looking at it can kill you.

My second is Atropal... no I am not a creepy pedo/necrophile, but I am a DM and there is no better way to end your 2 year long campaign that just hit epic than this giant baby.

.... maybe give them a giant baby rattle of 50 charges Mordikain's Disjuction. Ooooh that's sexy.

Delicious :smallcool::smallbiggrin:.

Vizzerdrix
2011-01-16, 01:51 AM
Hmm... Dwarf womens! Finely toned, healthy not sick stick dwarf women. yummy.

Although I'd bet a half orc would be fun for a while. :smallwink:

Tvtyrant
2011-01-16, 01:52 AM
Mindflayer... What?

BayardSPSR
2011-01-16, 01:54 AM
Wouldn't something like a minotaur be the horniest, though? :smallwink:

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-16, 01:55 AM
Hmm... Dwarf womens! Finely toned, healthy not sick stick dwarf women. yummy.

Although I'd bet a half orc would be fun for a while. :smallwink:

Mmm, I tend to think along those lines too. I might go with minotaur ('cause I like the idea of women who can overpower me (possibly because I never see any in real life)), and the thought of a big, muscly, beast girl with horns is... interesting.

Edit: Blast it! Ninja'd by a terrible pun... :smallsigh:

golentan
2011-01-16, 01:56 AM
Formians. Smooth lines, firm plates, and close to the right number of limbs.

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-16, 02:16 AM
Mindflayer... What?

What? :smallcool:

Formians. Smooth lines, firm plates, and close to the right number of limbs.

Very nice :smallamused:, but the insect physiology might be slightly problematic.

I'm surprised no one's said anything like catfolk... or even vampire :smallsigh:.

sonofzeal
2011-01-16, 02:21 AM
Humans.

...what?

golentan
2011-01-16, 02:26 AM
Very nice :smallamused:, but the insect physiology might be slightly problematic.

I'm surprised no one's said anything like catfolk... or even vampire :smallsigh:.

I sincerely doubt it. Physiology is only an obstacle for those without imagination and/or thoughtful partners.

BayardSPSR
2011-01-16, 02:38 AM
I might go with minotaur ('cause I like the idea of women who can overpower me (possibly because I never see any in real life)), and the thought of a big, muscly, beast girl with horns is... interesting.

Edit: Blast it! Ninja'd by a terrible pun... :smallsigh:

I can't help it.

No, seriously, I can't help it.

But now that you actually describe it... I'm actually starting to think you might have a point... And now I'm consciously wanting to :smalleek: while subconsciously going :smallbiggrin: ... But I guess I have it coming, don't I?
EDIT: Do you have 'craft: disturbing mental image' as a class skill?

tuesdayscoming
2011-01-16, 02:41 AM
Dvati from Dragon Compendium, anyone?

I always have had something for pale girls.

And, I mean... come on... twins.

Thrawn183
2011-01-16, 02:42 AM
Dragon. Can take the form of any kinda person and your kids are automatically kickass!? Awesome.

Callista
2011-01-16, 02:46 AM
Human. While some races might be visually pleasing, there's just nothing like connecting with someone who is very much like you.

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-16, 02:56 AM
But now that you actually describe it... I'm actually starting to think you might have a point... And now I'm consciously wanting to :smalleek: while subconsciously going :smallbiggrin: ... But I guess I have it coming, don't I?

Hehe, just give in an embrace it :smallbiggrin:.

EDIT: Do you have 'craft: disturbing mental image' as a class skill?

Maybe a rank or two :smallwink:, but I probably just got lucky with my roll. By the way, can I sig that? 'Cause I think it would look great :smallcool:.

Frozen_Feet
2011-01-16, 03:01 AM
Elves. Mmmmm, pointy ears...

Critical
2011-01-16, 03:05 AM

This wins. In fact, I'm having hot dvati as undead killing show co-hostesses in my game. Think ring girls in boxing.

darbythegambler
2011-01-16, 03:08 AM
Changelings, because it's like a Ditto, it can be anything you want baby :smallwink:

grimbold
2011-01-16, 03:19 AM
um.. the NYMPH!
look at the MM picture and tell me they could not all be supermodels!

Mordokai
2011-01-16, 03:20 AM
Human. While some races might be visually pleasing, there's just nothing like connecting with someone who is very much like you.

If everybody would be thinking like that, DnD would be a very bland world indeed, what with it's missing collection of mongrelfolk, half breeds and various other spawns of humanity :smallwink: And while humans are all good and nice, I never put much faith in Zarus' dogma :smallsmile: Apparently, neither has most of humanity in DnD and that makes me happy :smallbiggrin:

As for the topic itself... apart from obvious answers, those being succubi, erinyes and nymphs(along with other more humanlike fey), I always found elves and half elves sexy. Though I have to agree with AslanCross here, the art of lilithu is quite hideous. They are supposed to be an upgraded succubi and the one illustrated in FC I looks like an aged woman with hooves. What the fudge? Give me a regular succubus with a night gown, straight out of MM :smallbiggrin:

ScionoftheVoid
2011-01-16, 03:28 AM
A Hobgoblin would be hot in a "schoolteacher" kind of way. An Allip wouldn't care what I looked like or what my hobbies were, which would be nice (sanity? Who needs it?). And I'd fail my save against a Nixie's Charm Person every time, if you know what I mean (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IfYouKnowWhatIMean).

Edit:@darbythegambler: In the spirit of the thread, they can only be humanoids. You want Phasms.:smallbiggrin:

Volos
2011-01-16, 03:32 AM
Vamperic Dragon with Robe of Gentle Repose

Not only does it have the whole sexy Vampire vibe going for it, it can breed with anything (anything) and it can take any shape you can think of. The robe of Gentle Repose makes it able to continue breeding after undeath (source BoEF).

BayardSPSR
2011-01-16, 03:32 AM
By the way, can I sig that? 'Cause I think it would look great :smallcool:.

Please do. I think so too. :smallsmile:

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-16, 03:40 AM
Thank you very much :smallbiggrin:.

Edit:@darbythegambler: In the spirit of the thread, they can only be humanoids. You want Phasms.:smallbiggrin:

Sweet Jeebus, there's a guy on here named darbythegambler :smallcool:; it's nice to see that this board has some good taste.

Shalist
2011-01-16, 03:59 AM
D) All of the above
(Changeling)

Ragitsu
2011-01-16, 04:26 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/AzarKing/Linked%20Pics/violet_eyes_by_yumedust-d304n92.jpg

Kurald Galain
2011-01-16, 04:32 AM
I'm going to agree with Roy that women with wings are particularly attractive :smallredface:

Lord.Sorasen
2011-01-16, 04:34 AM
http://i.somethingawful.com/u/elpintogrande/september10/wtfcontest/ran_beholder_big.jpg

Yeah.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/fantasy-art-2010.php?page=1

Arutema
2011-01-16, 04:38 AM
Lillend.

There's just something about that tail.

SilverClawShift
2011-01-16, 04:47 AM
Werewolf.

Pretty much everything that's sexy about a man taken to their logical limits.

Coidzor
2011-01-16, 06:49 AM
Well, Na'vi were tweaked and focus grouped and tweaked and focus grouped in order to be accessibly hot to the broadest possible segments of the American populace.

So, their physical design is the most purely designed to titillate audiences that I know of.

I never much cared for them myself though. Guess I'm a marketing aberration.

Apparently, neither has most of humanity in DnD and that makes me happy :smallbiggrin:

Actually, that'd make humans a minority group if such was the case if the majority of humans were reproducing with non-humans. In most settings, humans are the majority race.

Comet
2011-01-16, 06:58 AM
Well, Na'vi were tweaked and focus grouped and tweaked and focus grouped in order to be accessibly hot to the broadest possible segments of the American populace.

So, their physical design is the most purely designed to titillate audiences that I know of.

I never much cared for them myself though. Guess I'm a marketing aberration.

Not going to speak about the movie as a whole (which was decent fun, flaws and all), but...

That kind of focus grouping and marketing analysis to create something 'sexy' is... about the most unsexy thing ever. Fight the machine, I say, love the spontaneous beauty in life!

Coidzor
2011-01-16, 07:01 AM
^: Well it's a sort of contrast with, say, the Succubus, which is more about seduction and corruption than sexy. Sexy is but a tool in the arsenal.

A Hobgoblin would be hot in a "schoolteacher" kind of way.

I'm curious and confused. :smallconfused: Are you saying they look well-preserved middle aged to you? Is this a BDSM reference?

Amiel
2011-01-16, 07:17 AM
Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder :smallbiggrin:

Combat Reflexes
2011-01-16, 07:27 AM
Definitely Elves. I mean, they live for like 400 years, and Illusion magic. ILLUSION MAGIC!

SlyGuyMcFly
2011-01-16, 07:29 AM
Mindflayer... What?

Nothing... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9167702&postcount=842)

Maerok
2011-01-16, 07:35 AM
Nothing... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9167702&postcount=842)

This was inevitable. :smalleek:

Kurald Galain
2011-01-16, 08:08 AM
Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder :smallbiggrin:
JAB! (http://yafgc.net/?id=2)

(also inevitable)

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 08:18 AM
Marilith. (http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/331/2/f/Marilith_by_kerembeyit.jpg)
Yes, she is 6 armed demon with a snake tail. Yes, she would kill me as soon as look at me. Yes, she is above my size category.
Still pretty attractive.
Alternatively, and slightly less likely to kill me, Mialee.

Coidzor
2011-01-16, 08:42 AM
Alternatively, and slightly less likely to kill me, Mialee.

Truly, this takes the cake for different stroke for different folks.

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 08:46 AM
I would think the beholder love would do that, but then again beauty is in the of the . . . please don't poke me.:smalleek:

Amiel
2011-01-16, 09:04 AM
JAB! (http://yafgc.net/?id=2)

(also inevitable)

It suddenly takes on a supremely literal form :smallbiggrin:
Whereupon it is followed by a disintegrate.

Marilith. (http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/331/2/f/Marilith_by_kerembeyit.jpg)
Yes, she is 6 armed demon with a snake tail. Yes, she would kill me as soon as look at me. Yes, she is above my size category.
Still pretty attractive.

The marilith is indeed a fine piece of asp.
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/318/3/e/marilith_by_el_grimlock-d32utmw.jpg

Delicious cake (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs26/f/2008/076/8/1/Delicious_Cake_by_Kakashi747.jpg)

BayardSPSR
2011-01-16, 09:28 AM
Werewolf.

I really wanted to reply to that with 'thank you' but I DON'T KNOW WHY!

Coidzor
2011-01-16, 09:28 AM
Delicious cake (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs26/f/2008/076/8/1/Delicious_Cake_by_Kakashi747.jpg)

But I don't want to eat Mialee. She's all purple and yellow like a bruise. :smalleek: Bruises don't taste good! >_<

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 09:30 AM
But I don't want to eat Mialee. She's all purple and yellow like a bruise. :smalleek: Bruises don't taste good! >_<
Oh, so you know what bruises taste like?:smallamused:

ScionoftheVoid
2011-01-16, 09:30 AM
I'm curious and confused. :smallconfused: Are you saying they look well-preserved middle aged to you? Is this a BDSM reference?

Yes and no, in that order. And you're curious and confused about liking hobgoblins, but not illithids or beholders? And, in my own post, allips?!

Psychonix
2011-01-16, 09:34 AM
Hmmm, I'm surprised that Yuan'ti have not been mentioned yet.

Coidzor
2011-01-16, 09:37 AM
Yes and no, in that order. And you're curious and confused about liking hobgoblins, but not illithids or beholders? And, in my own post, allips?!

It's because at least I was just supposed to take those others on face value, not figure out how you got "schoolteacher" from hobgoblins' depictions in the art. And I can't even remember if there's art for allips, and don't care two figs about tentacle fetishes.

BayardSPSR
2011-01-16, 09:59 AM
Illithids do have that whole 'loving you for your brain' thing going too. I can dig that, if only to boost my own ego.

ScionoftheVoid
2011-01-16, 09:59 AM
It's because at least I was just supposed to take those others on face value, not figure out how you got "schoolteacher" from hobgoblins' depictions in the art. And I can't even remember if there's art for allips, and don't care two figs about tentacle fetishes.

Allip (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/tn_MM35_PG10.jpg), for future reference.

Talyn
2011-01-16, 10:11 AM
Ok, getting away from the FREAKING WEIRDNESS, I'd go with wood elves. High elves are a little too lean and hostile for me - wood elves get the elvish delicate features and idealized form without a little softness and no uncanny valley "too" perfect features.

The-Mage-King
2011-01-16, 10:12 AM

This wins.

Thirded.

...What?

Coidzor
2011-01-16, 10:14 AM
Allip (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/tn_MM35_PG10.jpg), for future reference.

So shadow tentacle fetish.

Lurkmoar
2011-01-16, 10:17 AM
Silver Dragons. Power is sexy.

Psychonix
2011-01-16, 10:25 AM
They also have the ability to change shape going for them.

Lurkmoar
2011-01-16, 10:32 AM
They also have the ability to change shape going for them.

That too. But I mostly just like the fact that they can whoop ass.

Coidzor
2011-01-16, 10:35 AM
That too. But I mostly just like the fact that they can whoop ass.

Which they have what over gold dragons?

Lurkmoar
2011-01-16, 10:37 AM
Which they have what over gold dragons?

I simply like silver better then gold. Personal preference and all that. And I doubt a dragon would want to imitate another dragon, I imagine they got a wee bit too much pride for that.

Psychonix
2011-01-16, 10:41 AM
As I recall, silver dragons have more of an interest in mortals than gold dragons, who tend to be a bit aloof.

The Vorpal Tribble
2011-01-16, 10:48 AM
Anyone yet say Half-Celestial Halfling?

I love both curvy, petite women and girls with feathery wings :smallbiggrin:

Also hoping the angel half adds at least enough height for this not to be too weird.

FFKonoko
2011-01-16, 11:05 AM
While reading through the thread, I have to admit, minotaur would be pretty awesome, since I do like the idea of something large and powerful that could pick me up, yet still be kinda cuddly. I do like wings too though, so the various mentions of dragons or half-angels is tempting too. Tough decision, there's probably something that'd be perfect that I'm just not thinking of.

Though for a curveball...how about Gargoyle? It says they "often appear to be winged stone statues", which is pretty vague. Doesn't seem to say that they are always monstrous in appearence, just creature type.
Strong, wings, lots of patience, good listener, no food/drink requirements... :smalltongue:

Rock hard. :sabine:

Vknight
2011-01-16, 11:06 AM
Tiefling; Exotic skin coloration sexy with tails & that unusual appearance that sparks it

Dragon Any; I'm not picky there are plenty of reason but I don't want to waste your time.

Elves; When can we not go wrong with elves

Half-Orc; A little bit of monster applied to a human.

Werewolves, Weretigers, were anything; Combine a human form with a half-human half-animal form & a full animal form. You can bed them & they can keep your feet warm.

Lizardfolk; I'm not sure why but yes

tonberrian
2011-01-16, 11:12 AM
Viera - dark skin, pale hair and bunny ears. Come on, bunny ears.

Though, for those of you with Craft: Genesis or similar abilities, the sexiest fantasy race is the one you make yourself.

Psychonix
2011-01-16, 11:13 AM
Tiefling; Exotic skin coloration sexy with tails & that unusual appearance that sparks it
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4982/annahg.jpg

You can bed them & they can keep your feet warm.
I have to admit, this made me chuckle

Though, for those of you with Craft: Genesis or similar abilities, the sexiest fantasy race is the one you make yourself.

The Greeks beat you to it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmalion_(mythology)):smalltongue:

The Vorpal Tribble
2011-01-16, 11:13 AM
Never gotten the whole tail/ears/tentacles bit...

Lurkmoar
2011-01-16, 11:16 AM
Different tastes for different folks. Tentacles could be quite interesting in a romantic setting... there's a maneuver called 'the octopus' that... well, I should stop there.

Dacia Brabant
2011-01-16, 11:28 AM
Werewolf.

May I mention this the next time someone says something against men with beards? :smallwink:

Yet another similarity between Na'vi and Night Elves. :smalltongue:

I'm loalth to admit it but if I had to pick one it'd be Drow. Leaving everything else aside, the contrast between their hair and skin tone is really visually appealing.

The Vorpal Tribble
2011-01-16, 11:33 AM
The Na'vi didn't do a thing for me. Not a catgirl fancier.

May I mention this the next time someone says something against men with beards? :smallwink:
Then bite out their jugular...

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 11:35 AM
Well, the Na'Vi are Space Tree Elves.
*mini Avatar rant* I am really, really tired of the Humans are Bastards trope.

Psychonix
2011-01-16, 11:38 AM
I am really, really tired of the Humans are Bastards trope.
They may have been bastards, but more importantly they were magnificent bastards.

ShriekingDrake
2011-01-16, 11:44 AM
I'd have to go with fairies (http://www.amazon.com/Little-People-Guide-Fairies-Celtic/dp/1932091068)

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-01-16, 11:45 AM
I Would have to go Cancin from the Dragon Magazine planetouched.

Their skin is a little pale, just enough to be attractive but no make me wonder if I'm going to wake up with long teeth and an urge to devour my co-workers. Not to mention the Chatoic-leaning natural alignment means they would be pretty sporatic about what they were into, meaning things would never get dull. Plus the whole Outsider thing makes it feel like forbidden fruit. Let's not forget the rapidly alterating hair and eye colour, generally outside the natural human spectrum, which, face it, is hot. Just to add to the list, being half-human and raised by humans would add all the aforementioned boons of human to Cancin's as well.

Throw a Nymph at me any day and I'm still walking 500 miles through trecherous terrain and random encounters way beyond my CR for the Cancin.

Hazzardevil
2011-01-16, 11:52 AM
Definetly chanegling as they can change into the ultimate sexual partner, you liek big busoms? they make theirs bigger.
You want somethign else they should be able to do it in reason.

drakir_nosslin
2011-01-16, 11:53 AM
I'm loalth to admit it but if I had to pick one it'd be Drow. Leaving everything else aside, the contrast between their hair and skin tone is really visually appealing.

Yep. It has been done to death, but Drow are sexy, if they could just chill on the whole man-slave chaotic evil part.

Also, Silver Dragons. I dunno, but I've always found them more awesome than the gold ones. Probably because of the ugly whiskers on the golds. And come on... It's a dragon. It's smarter, wiser and generally more awesome than any human being and it can look totally human too. And you'll never have to pay for flight tickets again when you're going on holidays.

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 11:54 AM
I'd have to go with fairies (http://www.amazon.com/Little-People-Guide-Fairies-Celtic/dp/1932091068)
That's not a fairy, that's a portrait of a human with wings added.
This is a fairy, a dryad to be specific. (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG90.jpg)
It is not human, it never was human, but it looks like something that is trying to look human, but isn't. Weird, alien and fey, it's whimsy may be your woe.

SilverClawShift
2011-01-16, 11:59 AM
I really wanted to reply to that with 'thank you' but I DON'T KNOW WHY!

Are you 9 feet tall, hairy, able to tear through sheet metal and passionate to the point of fury? :smallwink:

Yes.

Of course not every guy looks better with beards, but the ones that do win out over their beardless brethren.

AugustNights
2011-01-16, 12:02 PM
Phasm.
No joke.

A) Change shape at will... not restricted to humanoids, so angels, demons... no limits. I like no limits. Males, Females, others...
B) Intelligent, Wise, and Charismatic. Bonus.
C) Tremorsense has to give it a fantastic body awareness
D) Aberrations are... a fancy of mine, and an ooze like body wouldn't bother me at all.
E) I've got a thing for artists (+12 in any craft check is bound to make something akin to art.)
F) Chaotic Neutral? Well I've had partners with more difficult alignments to deal with.

Yep. I'm gunna go with Phasm.

Urpriest
2011-01-16, 12:11 PM
Shinomen Naga. What can I say? I've got a thing for women with the Constrict ability.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-01-16, 12:23 PM
Yep. It has been done to death, but Drow are sexy, if they could just chill on the whole man-slave chaotic evil part.

Shinomen Naga. What can I say? I've got a thing for women with the Constrict ability.

Come to think of it, Drow, with the whole man-slave thing could be interesting. Make it half-drow half-Shinomen Naga and you have a very interesting night.

Jay R
2011-01-16, 12:30 PM
In one of his books, Terry Pratchett describes the Monks of Cool.

They spend twenty years as acolytes, learning what it is to be really cool. As their final test, they are led into a massive warehouse of all types of clothes, and are then asked what would be the coolest thing to wear. The correct answer, of course, is:

"Hey, man, whatever I throw on."

The most inherently sexy fantasy race? Whatever race I happen to be playing that day.

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-16, 12:49 PM

Yeah, I can definitely see that; I was actually thinking Sthein earlier, basically for the same reason (a big, sleek girl who can wrap you up with her body).

Drow are pretty sexy (it's the jet-black skin for me; I wish real people could get skin that dark, without... like, burning), but it's my opinion that there's virtually nothing sexy about evil (what little there is, is nothing close to the sexiness of someone conscious, compassionate, and willing to impose restrictions on themselves for altruistic reasons), which makes Eilistraee-worshiping drow particularly sexy.

Also, I like where this thread went overnight (beholders and all) :smalltongue:.

Tengu_temp
2011-01-16, 12:49 PM
Aboleths are pretty rad. Giant smelly fish-like monstrosities, live in muck, have tentacles - what's not to like?
Yeah, I'm joking. But I know someone who'd probably say this seriously.

Shapeshifters are pretty good, but you know what's even better? Warforged and other robots/golems. I'm like Donatello.
http://img1.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/de8c8deb8c61c5bfca8fcf04c0979a441247374029_full.jp g
http://media.animegalleries.net/albums/userpics/168304/10%20Chachamaru%20Karakuri%20%2811%29.jpg?=123
http://jp.learnoutlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/kosmos.jpg
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/238/616363-aschen_large.jpg

I'm surprised no one's said anything like catfolk...

Because, obviously, wolf-folk are much better.
http://dobrochan.ru/src/png/1007/Horo1_2_original.png

Lurkmoar
2011-01-16, 12:51 PM
Tengu_temp: Isn't she closer to a goddess then a wolf-person? Or am I mixing things up?

Just_Ice
2011-01-16, 12:52 PM
Titan. Easy.

Paseo H
2011-01-16, 12:54 PM
Also, thanks to Star Ocean, winged elves, i.e. Avariel.

spoilered for size

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/02/star_sara.jpg

Tengu_temp
2011-01-16, 12:54 PM
Tengu_temp: Isn't she closer to a goddess then a wolf-person? Or am I mixing things up?

It's appearance what matters here, appearance!

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-16, 12:55 PM
Yes! I can't believe I forgot Aboleth: huge, intelligent creatures with slick, powerful bodies; stroking you with their slimy tentacles so you'll have to live with them forever :smallamused:.

CycloneJoker
2011-01-16, 12:56 PM
Whatever races have the most Sorcerers/Warmages/Favored Souls/etc. A) Magic is cool, and B) good ones have high Charisma after all, since Charisma=force of personality AND beauty. Also, and quite disturbingly, old people. +3 Charisma has got to be worth something.

More seriously, this may sound like a weird fetish to you people, but the best is a nice human girl with nice, long hair, and a nice ass doesn't hurt.

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-16, 12:58 PM
More seriously, this may sound like a weird fetish to you people, but the best is a nice human girl with nice, long hair, and a nice ass doesn't hurt.

Bleh! :smallyuk: What is it that's so appealing about these bland, tail-less, wing-less, creatures? :smalltongue:

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 01:01 PM
Bleh! :smallyuk: What is it that's so appealing about these bland, tail-less, wing-less, creatures? :smalltongue:
You actually, this is potentially mind you, actually might meet one in the Bright Outdoors, the Place of Sunshine, ahem, Real Life?:smallamused:

Tengu_temp
2011-01-16, 01:03 PM
Real life is dangerous. I heard you can get hurt there. And a giant, burning eye rules the skies and blinds you out of spite.

Psychonix
2011-01-16, 01:11 PM
And a giant, burning eye rules the skies and blinds you out of spite.

http://shackled-city.wikidot.com/local--files/religion/Pelor.gif
You rang?

Zaydos
2011-01-16, 01:11 PM
Ghaele Eladrins or (LG) dragon in human elf form.

Reasons:
Well for both

Power is sexy
They assume human shape so RAW they can look like whatever they'd think would please me.
Even not going by the RAW interpretation (for example as a DM I typically limit dragons to specific human forms) they normally have the Most Common Superpower.
I grew up with fantasy gaming (Hero Quest at 4 or earlier, D&D and MtG at 6) I think it has left me very partial to elf ears.

For Ghaeles in specific they're shining beacons of goodness and freedom, and yes I find good sexy. They'd never betray you, and your kids would be automatically awesome.

For dragons... well I just love dragons. Look at my avatar, look at the biggest thread I've ever started (should still be in my sig I think), I love dragons. Also good is sexy. Lawful actually means I could probably live with them better than ghaeles (I'm the Lawful Good member of my friend-group... used to be a paladin when I first stopped home schooling... sense then I have become more cynical).

As for elves. Pointy ears + the most common super-power. Although they tend to be a little overly thin for my taste (too thin to support their own buxom nature and look natural). Thankfully both ghaeles and dragons could have a certain healthy plumpness to them.

AyeGill
2011-01-16, 01:34 PM
Phasm. Y'know, shapechanger. Anything anything else can do in this area, it can do too.

The various races of evil sex fiends, for obvious reasons.

Dvati. I have a thing for pale skin, and c'mon. Perfectly(and when we say perfectly, we fuggin' mean it) identical twins.

Lix Lorn
2011-01-16, 01:36 PM
Anything that can shapeshift.

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-16, 01:43 PM

You have to marry me. Like, right now xx

Volthawk
2011-01-16, 01:43 PM

Damn straight.

Vknight
2011-01-16, 01:51 PM
I third this.

What about the Gelatinous Cube were is it's love? Think about it ring of resist acid & it's good to go.

There are also Centaur. Gorgeous upper & lower half. Quick like lightning & fiercely compassionate.

Hazzardevil
The problem with unrestriced shape changing is that they can easily transform into a dragon on teh bed and kill you.

Kobold-Bard
Damn straight.

Screw you, she's mine!!

I third this.

What about the Gelatinous Cube were is it's love? Think about it ring of resist acid & it's good to go.

IIRC there is a D&D book that involves an Angel (immune to acid ftw!) that falls in love to a Gelatinous Cube and creates a group of 1/2-Gelatinous Celestial Cubes as it's children and goes to fight Evil.

Though maybe this wasn't a book and was one of my D&D groups, I forget.

Lix Lorn
2011-01-16, 01:55 PM
There is enough Lix to go around. :smalltongue:

It's funny. My post was very, very nearly 'me'.

darbythegambler
2011-01-16, 01:55 PM

indubitably

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-16, 01:58 PM
There is enough Lix to go around. :smalltongue:

It's funny. My post was very, very nearly 'me'.

Nah, you're all mine. I'll kill Volt before I share!! :smallwink:

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 02:01 PM
Eh, this probably isn't the intention, but the shape shifter response strike me as more then a little selfish, not to mention misogynistic and misandrist. I mean seriously, you want someone who is an almost literal blank sheet, someone to project your desires, your needs, your wants and yours alone.
Creepy.:smalleek:

darbythegambler
2011-01-16, 02:04 PM
Eh, this probably isn't the intention, but the shape shifter response strike me as more then a little selfish, not to mention misogynistic and misandrist. I mean seriously, you want someone who is an almost literal blank sheet, someone to project your desires, your needs, your wants and yours alone.

ever have a dream guy/girl? same concept

strawberryman
2011-01-16, 02:10 PM
Lillend, marilith, or female yuan-ti halfblood.

For starters, imagine what they could do with their tongues. :smallwink:

Yora
2011-01-16, 02:11 PM
I also go for changeling. While they are born as male or female, they can switch and merge genders as they like. I think that's really cool.

Lamech
2011-01-16, 02:15 PM
Silver Dragon for the already mentioned shapeshifting+intelligence/mental stats+not aloof+power+goodness. They win at physical attractiveness 'cause shapeshifting. They almost win at power; they are beaten by gold dragons but those would be to aloof. And personality comes down to an individual, but being good, smart, wise, charasmatic, and caring about people is as good as one can get.

Of course shapeshifter is pretty much cheating. So either elf because really when it comes down to it elves are basically eternally youthful humans, that are slender and have long hair. Vampire might work for the same reasons, or perhaps be really creepy depending on the flavor of the vampire.

But the vampire/elf still isn't saying anything more than, "slender eternally youthful humans are high on the attractiveness scale." So for a race that isn't "attractive human", I'm going to go with Navi.

More seriously, this may sound like a weird fetish to you people, but the best is a nice human girl with nice, long hair, and a nice ass doesn't hurt. You know one of the most common answers is "Race that can look like my ideal of attractiveness. Also powerful with a good personality."

MountainKing
2011-01-16, 02:16 PM
In one of his books, Terry Pratchett describes the Monks of Cool.

They spend twenty years as acolytes, learning what it is to be really cool. As their final test, they are led into a massive warehouse of all types of clothes, and are then asked what would be the coolest thing to wear. The correct answer, of course, is:

"Hey, man, whatever I throw on."

The most inherently sexy fantasy race? Whatever race I happen to be playing that day.

Oh my, yes. YES yes yessssssssssssss. I approve this message!

Oh em gee, you posted Horo. I love you long time.

ever have a dream guy/girl? same concept

Except when one considers their "dream guy" or "dream girl", it's typically a static ideal. When your dream person is specifically a shapeshifter, you've dreamt up the opposite of the typical static image.

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 02:18 PM
I also go for changeling. While they are born as male or female, they can switch and merge genders as they like. I think that's really cool.
I wish I was a changeling, or at least had an easily reversible Girdle of Femininity/Masculinity.

CycloneJoker
2011-01-16, 02:20 PM
You know one of the most common answers is "Race that can look like my ideal of attractiveness. Also powerful with a good personality."

I see the point was missed.

Lix Lorn
2011-01-16, 02:20 PM
I wish I was a changeling, or at least had an easily reversible Girdle of Femininity/Masculinity.
QFT
I'd rather be a changeling than be with one.

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-16, 02:25 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/vampirez_nix/Race%20L2/13d46b71.gif

I like green skin:smallredface::smallredface:

I see no green skin there.

*.*.*.*
2011-01-16, 02:27 PM
I see no green skin there.

It's more of a "I like Orcs" but I can never find a good pic of one:smallannoyed:

Lamech
2011-01-16, 02:28 PM
Except when one considers their "dream guy" or "dream girl", it's typically a static ideal. When your dream person is specifically a shapeshifter, you've dreamt up the opposite of the typical static image. Yeah except not every single member of a race will be a perfect ideal, because there will be variation and differences. For most people at least half of a race would be the wrong gender. Except for shapeshifters since they can all appear as whatever you find most attractive. It isn't necessarily the shifting; it could just be "the whatever I find best."

I see the point was missed.That was the point.:smallcool:

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 02:29 PM
@*.*.*.*:
Maybe I am colour blind , but she doesn't look green at all to me. More of a charcoal grey, a literal Cinderella.

QFT
I'd rather be a changeling than be with one.
Indeed, it sounds like a lot of fun to be able to change your body like that.

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-16, 02:32 PM
Occurred to me I didn't actually make a pick: it's ye olde Elves; basically Humans except they're perfect.

Love then so much.

SilverClawShift
2011-01-16, 02:33 PM

I don't find it creepy or selfish at all. At least, it's no more selfish than wanting to be with someone attractive in the first place. The fact that a shapeshifter can change what WAYS they're attractive in is only a benefit on top of being attracted to someone else in the first place.

Intelligent creatures crave variety more often than not. We crave it in pretty much every area of our life. You could eat a multi-vitamin and a chicken breast with a glass of ice water for every meal and be perfectly healthy. But you don't. You want an orange. A stack of pancakes. A slice of cheesecake. A t-bone.
You job could be picking up a box and dumping it onto an assembly line. Once a minute. For eight hours a day. Five days a week. You would not find the job fulfilling, and would dread going in to work after a few weeks, let alone after decades.
Everything you need to be a functional person could be kept in one small, undecorated room. But you want a dining room, a living room, a bedroom...

Intelligent creatures need to be stimulated.

Of course we tend toward monogamy, but that's not out of disinterest in variety. We don't want to be hurt, diseased, rejected or any number of things that might go wrong with finding new partners. Then add in our natural jealousy over what (and who) we consider 'ours' and we also have to weigh in not wanting to hurt the person we've picked to couple off with.
But even in a monogamous couple, we still find ways to introduce variety in our sex lives. New hairstyles and outfits, new locations, new... behaviors...

If I could change my body at will (under the assumption that it's not exceedingly painful or difficult) I would take full advantage of it. Regularly. And I wouldn't be offended if my partner made requests. In fact I'd be downright confused if they DIDN'T. Even if I didn't fully understand WHY they wanted me to be a winged elf in the morning and a blue-skinned cat-faced freak at night, There still wouldn't be any harm in indulging them.

Mind you it'd make it more complicated to find someone I was sure liked me for who I was. But honestly? Wouldn't "Shapeshifter" be a PART of who I was? I've been attracted to people based on the virtue of them having strong shoulders and nice hair. Wouldn't it be hypocritical to get upset if someone was attracted to me being able to change my race or height or whatever?

I was also going to say that the shapeshifting thing seems like more of a male fantasy, but that's obviously not true. There's a world of difference in what makes Johnny Depp attractive and what makes Clive Owen attractive.
But if they were both the same PERSON just at different times, well... :smallamused:

Yora
2011-01-16, 02:35 PM
I know completely what you're talking about.

zvbxrpl
2011-01-16, 02:39 PM
Probably a Doppelganger. On top of the whole "look like whatever in bed," thing, the mindreading and adoption of personas would make for a lot of interesting conversation and...other things. Of course, in this scenario, I'm a Changeling who wants to understand the nature of shapeshifting better, and is traveling with a Doppelganger lover, and it's me and my lover/mentor against the world.

Yeah, sex and romance in the fluffy sense sort of go together in my head.

EDIT: Also, SilverClawShift said a lot of things I agree with.

SECOND EDIT: Honestly, the struck part was sort of not the point, and my inner character writer got the best of me. Mostly, the idea of treating bodies as outfits would just be really cool and fun, and the Power Perversion Potential is just an aspect thereof. So, nix the amateur romance-novelistry. Point is, I think that being part of a shapeshifter/shapeshifter couple would be great.

2xMachina
2011-01-16, 02:40 PM
Changeling is nice. Changeling/Changeling coupling would be great too.

Popertop
Drow

.... What?

Ravens_cry
I never said it was a male exclusive thing, SilverClawShift. Woman can be sexist too. But asking someone to change, for you, to fit your ideal of physical perfection, still strikes me as selfish and shallow.
Edit: Doppleganger?
Palm: Apply Directly to the Forehead.

SilverClawShift
2011-01-16, 02:42 PM
And I strongly disagree.

Paseo H
2011-01-16, 02:42 PM

I think you overstate things a tad too strongly, but to an extent I can kind of agree.

That's why I'm limiting myself to non shapeshifting races, that one has to take as they are.

So yeah, winged elves...

2xMachina
2011-01-16, 02:43 PM
I never said it was a male exclusive thing, SilverClawShift. Woman can be sexist too. But asking someone to change, for you, to fit your ideal of physical perfection, still strikes me as selfish and shallow.
Edit: Doppleganger?
Palm: Apply Directly to the Forehead.

But hey, OppositeSexClone (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OppositeSexClone) :smallwink:

Psyren
2011-01-16, 02:44 PM
It's more of a "I like Orcs" but I can never find a good pic of one:smallannoyed:

That's no orc. That's a nubian supermodel with bad teeth. (Yahtzee said it better than I could.)

Or maybe you just want variety :smallannoyed:

I can understand the shapeshifter answer being lazy, but "selfish and shallow" is unnecessarily judgmental.

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-16, 02:44 PM

A Changeling couple would be mental; neither has a real form, both are just shifting to comply with their partners wishes.

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 02:45 PM
And I strongly disagree.
And that's OK.:smallsmile:

But hey, OppositeSexClone:smallwink:
I would rather be my own opposite sex clone, 2xMachina.

zvbxrpl
2011-01-16, 02:46 PM
EDIT: This is a response to Raven's Cry

That sort of depends on what you mean by 'change.' I mean, I'm coming from a perspective where the idea behind shapeshifting is putting on a number of different outfits, only those outfits are made of meat, rather than clothes. The idea isn't to violate/alter that person's identity, just to have them dress up in something new and sexy.

2xMachina
2011-01-16, 02:48 PM
A Changeling couple would be mental; neither has a real form, both are just shifting to comply with their partners wishes.

Or whatever they want to be at the moment.

darbythegambler
2011-01-16, 02:49 PM
with further thought... i believe i shall change my previous response of changelings, in favor of the Golem line of monsters. Why Golems? they can be made of whatever you want and made in whatever shape you want. Almost to an even further extent than shapeshifters themselves. although this does fall heavily under personal preference... :smallredface:

Urpriest
2011-01-16, 02:51 PM
I think the thing that makes shapeshifting a little "off" in these discussions is this:

If you're attracted to winged elves or the like, then the partner you're imagining has the body of a winged elf. Fantasy winged elf babe will always be a winged elf. This says nothing about her desires, motivations, etc.

However, those who say they're attracted to shapeshifters because they can duplicate things like winged elves are making the assumption that the shapeshifter will take these forms. This means that the partner being imagined not only has specific physical/magical characteristics, but also specific psychological characteristics, namely the desire to replicate that person's fantasies. So if you fantasize a shapeshifter that looks like whatever you want whenever you want, you're imagining a very very submissive being.

Now of course there are independent reasons to like shapeshifters, and SilverClawShift described several. Variety, curiosity, worldliness, willingness to experiment, flexibility, these are all advantages a shapeshifting partner brings to the table. But simply being whatever you fancy at the moment is not the hallmark of a shapeshifter, it's the hallmark of a very very submissive shapeshifter.

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 02:54 PM
I can understand the shapeshifter answer being lazy, but "selfish and shallow" is unnecessarily judgmental.
Maybe it is.

That sort of depends on what you mean by 'change.' I mean, I'm coming from a perspective where the idea behind shapeshifting is putting on a number of different outfits, only those outfits are made of meat, rather than clothes. The idea isn't to violate/alter that person's identity, just to have them dress up in something new and sexy.
That's fine, but that's not the vibe I was getting. I was getting a more. "I want a changeling because they can look like what I want." kind of feel from the responses. People haven't said much about the possibility of the changeling shifting to different looks on their own accord, to their own whims and tastes, like trying new looks or dying your hair.

randomhero00
2011-01-16, 02:55 PM
i forget what they're called, they're some sort of shapeshifter, trained for sex. They cost close to a million gold.

2xMachina
2011-01-16, 02:57 PM
Maybe it is.

That's fine, but that's not the vibe I was getting. I was getting a more. "I want a changeling because they can look like what I want." kind of feel from the responses. People haven't said much about the possibility of the changeling shifting to different looks on their own accord, to their own whims and tastes, like trying new looks or dying your hair.

I think it's pretty nice if they choose something.

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 03:00 PM
I think it's pretty nice if they choose something.
Wonderful, how very touching. Then you read something like this:

i forget what they're called, they're some sort of shapeshifter, trained for sex. They cost close to a million gold.
Yeah . . .

SilverClawShift
2011-01-16, 03:01 PM
This means that the partner being imagined not only has specific physical/magical characteristics, but also specific psychological characteristics, namely the desire to replicate that person's fantasies.

If someone isn't interested in helping me fulfill my fantasies, I have no interest in helping fulfill that persons fantasies.
Consequently, I have zero interest in being with that person.

Anything you describe as an ideal is an ideal operating under the idea that they would want to have sex with you for whatever reason in the first place. I would (to put it bluntly) be incredibly attracted to an eight foot tall wolfman (even if that was their only physical form). If it WAS their only physical form, it stands to reason they'd be more interested in nice-smelling wolfgirls.
But I'm operating under the assumption that Mr. Bigclaws here is 100% interested in pouncing across the room and ravishing me. If you're not interested in a partner who likes you and is interested in pleasing you in whatever way they're good at, then the point of them being 'sexy' is kind of lost.

*edit*

For the same reason, I balk at the idea that being attracted to a submissive partner is inherently selfish or flawed.
Even if every other factor was perfect, I would have zero interest in a male who wasn't interested in aggressively insisting I do what pleased him. It's a quirk of the personality to be sure, but we ALL have our own quirks.

It's no more selfish to want a shapeshifter as a partner than it is to want a partner who will bring you a bowl of soup when you're not feeling well, or who will rub your back if you've been exerting yourself all day.

Yora
2011-01-16, 03:05 PM

The posibilities are endless. :smallbiggrin:
This tempts me to create an entire community of changelings who believe gender is only a needless cause of discrimination between people and raise their children to only assume androgynous forms. Certainly would be strange for all visitors.

zvbxrpl
2011-01-16, 03:07 PM

I agree that that is sort of creepy and shallow. I mean, then they're just sort of an intelligent sex toy. I'm such a hopeless romantic that of course I assume that sex fantasies incorporate falling in love and cute relationshippy moments because that's what goes on in my head, and so I think that affected what I thought needed to be stated vs. unstated. Of course the shapeshifter partner would have wants, needs, and opinions, and wouldn't just take any form because I say so. Hell, I'd imagine we'd spend more time looking like what we ourselves thought looked good than anything else.

EDIT: Oh man, that shapeshifting sex-bot post by RandomHero is exactly what I don't want. If I didn't want anything but a transaction, I'd just find some dirty pictures and go solo. Probably wouldn't even have to pay, considering that the internet exists.

Zaydos
2011-01-16, 03:09 PM
I'll admit both of mine were natural shapeshifters, although ones with very limited shape-shifting. I will also admit that while the idea that they could make themselves look perfect for me is nice, it isn't crucial. Actually ghaeles might not be able to assume more than one human form RAW, and dragons while I'm fairly sure they can by the rules can't in my own mind.

Is it selfish to want that?

Is it selfish to have a preferred hair-style and let your significant other know?

Now forcing them to assume a form they didn't want to. That's selfish. The real question is just what shapeshifting means to the other. As we're talking sexy here, the sexiest thing is a shapeshifter that sees its shape as something as casual as clothing. And really if you had some clothing that you knew it would make your significant other happy for you to wear would you really have any qualms about it?

That said forcing a shapeshifter to remain permanently in one form would be horribly selfish. Forcing them to only have sex in one form would be selfish.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2011-01-16, 03:13 PM

It could also swing the other way, though. Think of the ones who just change shape on a whim to express themselves, or even to troll you on occasion. It can still be sexy. I think the attraction is more to the mercurial element itself than the ability to match your other various fancies.

Besides, Star Trek already made the race you're talking about (http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/The_Perfect_Mate_(episode)).

EDIT: Egad, I must have forgotten to read the last page. Hopefully I didn't repeat too much.

strawberryman
2011-01-16, 03:17 PM
Oh em gee, you posted Horo. I love you long time.

You know, one of the players in my campaign has a shifter cohort (animal companion, really, but it's a long story) that is pretty much Horo.

I blame the Traveler. >_>

SilverClawShift
2011-01-16, 03:17 PM
I agree that that is sort of creepy and shallow. I mean, then they're just sort of an intelligent sex toy.

Not to be obnoxious, but what the heck is wrong with wanting an intelligent sex toy? To some, the idea of being in that role is the height of sexuality. But for that situation exist, their opposite match has to exist somewhere too.
Is it just and creepy and shallow to enjoy the idea of BEING nothing but someones fantasy come to life? Because to be someones fantasy, they have to HAVE a fantasy.

Urpriest
2011-01-16, 03:23 PM
If someone isn't interested in helping me fulfill my fantasies, I have no interest in helping fulfill that persons fantasies.
Consequently, I have zero interest in being with that person.

Anything you describe as an ideal is an ideal operating under the idea that they would want to have sex with you for whatever reason in the first place. I would (to put it bluntly) be incredibly attracted to an eight foot tall wolfman (even if that was their only physical form). If it WAS their only physical form, it stands to reason they'd be more interested in nice-smelling wolfgirls.
But I'm operating under the assumption that Mr. Bigclaws here is 100% interested in pouncing across the room and ravishing me. If you're not interested in a partner who likes you and is interested in pleasing you in whatever way they're good at, then the point of them being 'sexy' is kind of lost.

Sure, any one of these fantasies operates under some psychological assumptions. However, these are usually rather minimal. We're assuming that on a certain level the creature still has its own interests. That's why things like alignment keep getting brought up. It's present in your fantasy too: a wolfman driven by his own passionate lust is not going to be the most considerate of partners, and I doubt you would want him to be. The personality is part of what you're interested in, even if small modifications (attraction to you) are necessary for the exercise to make sense.

Similarly, one can fantasize a shapeshifter as a considerate partner who is interested in delving into your fantasies, with room to experiment with its own. One can also fantasize a shapeshifter as a partner who will always be whatever you want and is perfectly plastic to your desires. The latter is a tad more off-putting, and while it's not the preferred avenue of people who have given this some thought (you probably included), it does seem to be the idea behind the "million gp sex slave" comments.

Edit:

Not to be obnoxious, but what the heck is wrong with wanting an intelligent sex toy? To some, the idea of being in that role is the height of sexuality. But for that situation exist, their opposite match has to exist somewhere too.
Is it just and creepy and shallow to enjoy the idea of BEING nothing but someones fantasy come to life? Because to be someones fantasy, they have to HAVE a fantasy.

Oh ok, this is the direction we're going. Yes I agree, from a BDSM-ish direction the living sex toy is a perfectly reasonable fantasy. Why we balk at this kind of thing is that there were times in history when, rather than some individual's fantasy to be negotiated, this was simply the expected situation for half of a society's population. There's a perfectly reasonable fear that there's still some of that attitude out there, that some people think of ultra-submissiveness as simply part of a harmonious relationship, rather than a fantasy in its own right. We don't trust the wider trollverse to be thinking along BDSM lines and expect them to simply be misogynistic. That shouldn't imply any condemnation of those who do approach this from BDSM lines.

Lix Lorn
2011-01-16, 03:32 PM
AHEM.
This thread skirts VERY close to the edge. If everyone starts arguing, it will definitely get locked. Can we agree to disagree and keep it on the right side of 'Allowable' for as long as possible?

Urpriest
2011-01-16, 03:35 PM
AHEM.
This thread skirts VERY close to the edge. If everyone starts arguing, it will definitely get locked. Can we agree to disagree and keep it on the right side of 'Allowable' for as long as possible?

This is a good idea, especially as my last post just danced dangerously close to real-world politics. Very well, I'll shut up on this.

On another note, anyone know of a sourcebook with Ursula-style humanoid-octopus type things? As I've said, I love me a girl who constricts.

zvbxrpl
2011-01-16, 03:40 PM

Erm, I am very out of my depth in terms of actual knowledge about this, other than that it exists. I may be about to say something horribly ignorant.

What you're describing includes a mutual exchange of sexual fulfillment. One person is aroused by being exactly what the other wants, and the other is aroused by getting exactly what they want from somebody perfectly compliant. I think what I was objecting to was a the idea that seemed to be cropping up in some posts (at least that Raven's Cry noticed and explained) that whether the sex was mutually fulfilling was entirely immaterial. When you pair that attitude with a fantasy of having a shapeshifter turn into whatever you want, the result is creepy and shallow. The shapeshifter described in those posts needs to want to be submissive, or something's kind of wrong.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm pretty certain Urpriest ninja'd my point, and was more eloquent and informed.

Mystic Muse
2011-01-16, 03:42 PM
I know completely what you're talking about.

So do I.

Frankly, I don't really have a fantasy race I'd want to get with. I do like Tieflings though, and shapeshifters could be cool just for the ability to change into whatever.

Frankly, I'd rather be a shapeshifter than be with one though. Unless of course she was the girl I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, but that wasn't really the idea I got from this thread.

Lurkmoar
2011-01-16, 03:42 PM
When changelings get a rocking soundtrack, maybe I'll think about them. Until them, dragons are where it's at boy, especially silver ones! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USW5adqt5Oo)

Lamech
2011-01-16, 03:44 PM
However, those who say they're attracted to shapeshifters because they can duplicate things like winged elves are making the assumption that the shapeshifter will take these forms. This means that the partner being imagined not only has specific physical/magical characteristics, but also specific psychological characteristics, namely the desire to replicate that person's fantasies. So if you fantasize a shapeshifter that looks like whatever you want whenever you want, you're imagining a very very submissive being.Not really as SilverClawShift said if I could shapeshift I would certainly use it to make myself attractive to my partner/whoever-I-was-attractived-to.

Zaydos
2011-01-16, 03:47 PM
Unless of course she was the girl I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, but that wasn't really the idea I got from this thread.

See being a girl I want to spend the rest of my life with IS probably what I find sexiest so one of my first criteria is they have to be the kind of person that I could want that with...

Which now makes me feel guilty that my choices were immortal or have a lifetime measured in millenniums. Then again it does make the idea of asking a chaotic good ghaele to be faithful to you for your paltry <80 years seem somewhat better. What's 80 years to a creature that has lived 10,000 and will live 10,000 more. Which makes things sad again.

SilverClawShift
2011-01-16, 04:00 PM
The shapeshifter described in those posts needs to want to be submissive, or something's kind of wrong.

But again. Any listing of your ideal sexy creature kinda requires them to, you know, be your ideal. You could find the idea of wings very alluring. But if a specific fairy or angel always hid their wings and refused to show them off, it would kind of defeat the point. It would be their choice tho, and it would be 'shallow and creepy' of you to ask them to walk around with their wings unfurled.
So when you say "Half-angel with wings" is your ideal sexy partner, the assumption is there that you'll be looking up at them wings spread and proud and their halo gleaming.
The werewolf needs to be aggressive. The angel needs to be proud of her wings. The green-skinned orc needs to not be caking on pink foundation. And the shapeshifter needs to be willing to shift their shape.
That's WHY it's an ideal.

Calling any of it wrong is making some aggressively negative assumptions about the person who finds it sexy.

Not attempting to be hostile here, I just don't want to begrudge someone their taste unfairly. I find the image of a human man with a big strong female minotaur to be the OPPOSITE of sexy, but to each their own, I won't be calling those individuals creepy.

Morph Bark
2011-01-16, 04:04 PM
The F-1 Grand Prix. The F stands for "Fantasy", obviously.

Because you gotta go fast if you want to up your game. :smallwink:

Yora
2011-01-16, 04:07 PM
The green-skinned orc needs to not be caking on pink foundation.
*shudders* :smalleek:
I need brain bleach!

zvbxrpl
2011-01-16, 04:32 PM
But again. Any listing of your ideal sexy creature kinda requires them to, you know, be your ideal. You could find the idea of wings very alluring. But if a specific fairy or angel always hid their wings and refused to show them off, it would kind of defeat the point. It would be their choice tho, and it would be 'shallow and creepy' of you to ask them to walk around with their wings unfurled.
So when you say "Half-angel with wings" is your ideal sexy partner, the assumption is there that you'll be looking up at them wings spread and proud and their halo gleaming.
The werewolf needs to be aggressive. The angel needs to be proud of her wings. The green-skinned orc needs to not be caking on pink foundation. And the shapeshifter needs to be willing to shift their shape.
That's WHY it's an ideal.

Calling any of it wrong is making some aggressively negative assumptions about the person who finds it sexy.

I, um, think you've made a good point about singling out shapeshifting for this sort of treatment, but my point still stands. If it's not just you, what the other person wants is also important. Whether that's a question of "do they want to shift into that form right now because you say so (or, to what extent are they willing to make their shapeshifting about exploring your fantasies)," or "does that Tiefling want to put their tail there," or "does the angel want to do it whilst flying"

But, I think UrPriest said in that big response to you everything I meant to say and more, and had a better grasp of the whole issue of how potential BDSM perspectives fit into this.

EDIT: And I'm gonna bow out for a while, because I think we're standing at sufficiently different mental vantage points that I at least am really straining to figure out which particlars either of us agrees/disagrees with the other about.

golentan
2011-01-16, 04:37 PM
I would totally be someone's animate, intelligent sex toy.

Also, this thread is making my head explode. Special notes: Angels/half angels, Mephits, and lycanthropes.

Psyren
2011-01-16, 04:37 PM
The shapeshifter described in those posts needs to want to be submissive, or something's kind of wrong.

I don't think anyone here was advocating, or even hinting at, nonconsensual partnerships.

And that is as close as I will come to that particular can of worms.

For the record, I agree with SilverClawShift.

Lix Lorn
2011-01-16, 04:42 PM
This thread, as it's about sexiness, is inherently not caring about the other person's personality, only considering looks and abilities. Assuming they're happy to fit any fetish you'd ask is pretty much the point of the thread.

Now can we please move on?

Succubi, good. Tentacles, fun! Wings, pretty nice. Werewolves, very nice.

Kaww
2011-01-16, 04:46 PM

Succubi, good. Tentacles, fun! Wings, pretty nice. Werewolves, very nice.

You are easy to please aren't you?

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 04:46 PM
I don't think anyone here was advocating, or even hinting at, nonconsensual partnerships.

And that is as close as I will come to that particular can of worms.

For the record, I agree with SilverClawShift.
Most of the posts don't say either way.
But this one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10173483&postcount=143) seems to refer to outright slavery.

golentan
2011-01-16, 04:47 PM

*snickers*

You haven't met lix before, have you?

Volthawk

This is Lix we're talking about :smallwink:.

zvbxrpl
I suspect you're right, if only because I know myself that my own pessimism about geek culture, at least among the guys, is a recurring, twisted lens through which I see the world.

And that quoted sentence was the worst of that post. I felt like I needed a soundbite version of what I'd written before, and that was the mediocre and inexact one I settled for.

Remember how I prefaced that post by saying I may have been about to say something horribly ignorant? I think I said something horribly ignorant.

And, now, if I can stop apologizing, I would like to, as Lix Lorn says, move on. I, for one, have always had a thing for the shorter-and-wider proportions of Dwarven women.

Lix Lorn
2011-01-16, 04:49 PM

*snickers*

You haven't met lix before, have you?

This is Lix we're talking about :smallwink:.
I don't know if I should laugh or cry. :smallfrown::smallbiggrin:

Dacia Brabant
2011-01-16, 04:49 PM
Of course not every guy looks better with beards, but the ones that do win out over their beardless brethren.

Perhaps. Maybe I've been reading too much Daily Dish but personally I think it's a matter of finding the right cut of beard--for me it's a Van Dyke with the big sideburns and 3-day growth on the sidewhiskers. But then again like you said variety is the spice of life, so I try to switch it up every now and then.

You win the thread by the way. Well, you and Tengu, gotta give him props for working Kos-Mos into this. :smallbiggrin:

So, how soon until this thread takes the place of "Dungeons and Dames" or whatever that image thread is called now?

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 04:52 PM
* le sigh* All my fantasies are completely impossible. For example, being a changeling, being able to change my appearance at will. No technology we have can satisfy this want.

zvbxrpl
2011-01-16, 04:53 PM
So, how soon until this thread takes the place of "Dungeons and Dames" or whatever that image thread is called now?

We just need to wait for imagespam to take the place of actual discussion. In a thread along these lines, that is sort of inevitable. :smalltongue:

Kaww
2011-01-16, 04:55 PM
I don't know if I should laugh or cry. :smallfrown::smallbiggrin:

You have mood swings too... Are you my ex by any chance? this is a joke, I hope. Otherwise it would be a bit creepy...

Urpriest
2011-01-16, 04:57 PM
* le sigh* All my fantasies are completely impossible. For example, being a changeling, being able to change my appearance at will. No technology we have can satisfy this want.

Bah! Sufficiently applied nanotech is indistinguishable from magic! Hop on in to the Technological Singularity, and soon your dreams will come true!

On that note, while I don't find them sexy in any standard sense, it would be rather interesting to date a Silithar...

Lurkmoar
2011-01-16, 04:58 PM

Perhaps virtual reality will advance enough to make those fantasies come true in the near future. Don't know about tactile sensations though... I'd imagine that would be real tricky.

Until then, men and women can dream. And riff on Plan Nine from Outer Space while eating potato chips and thinking of some way of introducing an Ed Wood type character in your current campaign.

Poil
2011-01-16, 05:05 PM
Personally I find the slightly derailed discussion to be a lot more interesting than the original topic. :smallsmile:

I just can't decide on any particular race. There's just too many to chose from, celestials, fiends, fey and so on. Heck even a HoMM naga could be hot. So I'm going to be nauseously pc and say that sexiness depends too much on personality.

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 05:09 PM
Perhaps virtual reality will advance enough to make those fantasies come true in the near future. Don't know about tactile sensations though... I'd imagine that would be real tricky.

Until then, men and women can dream. And riff on Plan Nine from Outer Space while eating potato chips and thinking of some way of introducing an Ed Wood type character in your current campaign.
Maybe. I predict we will still be stuck hip deep in the uncanny valley for the next 20 years as far as interactive mediums are concerned. I know dreams can produce tactical effects, especially lucid ones, as does our waking existence. If we could find a way to provide input directly, it may very well be possible as some kind of game. We already have crude direct output devices.

Half-Orc Rage
2011-01-16, 05:16 PM
I'll say half-elves. Elf women are pretty, graceful, and don't age, but they are really thin and sometimes borderline androgynous. Throw in some human, get some hips and breasts there, and you're good to go. I could do wings too.

If I was a changeling, I would change forms to keep my lover happy for the most part. I think a general fantasy (okay, I'll be a wolfman, I'll be that movie star) would be better than turning into the guy next door, personally.

randomhero00
2011-01-16, 05:16 PM
PS they're found in Sigiil (the shapeshifter sex slaves).

Psyren
2011-01-16, 05:24 PM
But this one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10173483&postcount=143) seems to refer to outright slavery.

That assumes said shapeshifter is sapient, does it not?
Until we know what creature he's referring to, this whole argument is jumping the gun.

Getting back to topic. I actually have a thing for orcs/half-orcs; more strongly those of WoW fame, but the one on page 12 of the PHB is yummy. (The looks the elf and half-elf on the same page are shooting his way are priceless too.)

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 05:30 PM
That assumes said shapeshifter is sapient, does it not?
Until we know what creature he's referring to, this whole argument is jumping the gun.

)
Umm, how does it not being sapient make things any better?:smalleek:
There is a word for that.

SilverClawShift
2011-01-16, 05:38 PM
Magic makes everything pretty blurry by default though.

Though that starts getting really squicky if you start trying to figure out where the lines are between golems..flesh golems.. er...

Probably best to let that topic die on the vine.

Halae
2011-01-16, 05:41 PM
Half-Dragon Human.

My ideal girl is someone with enough strength to overpower me, but wants to hold on to me. That, and I love me wings and tails. Depending on how rough her scales are, yes, that too :smallamused:

That said, There's also a psychological aspect to it. My psychiatrist refers to this facet of my personality as a psychological need to make others happy. Half-dragons are shunned, set apart, and on the rare instance that they find love they are clingy and jealous and do everything they an to hold on to their partner. Frankly, I can live with a relationship like that, mainly for the fact that it would be making her happy

nedz
2011-01-16, 05:50 PM
It has to be Nymphs.

Nymphs make you go blind :smallbiggrin:

Loki Eremes
2011-01-16, 06:10 PM
I always imagine Catfolks as the anime version of cat people.

If you imagine them that way....

{Scrubbed}

And for the ones that need a moar realistic thing xD

{Scrubbed}

+4 Dex & +2 Cha = genetically assured sexy body

Now imagine luring one of those with a big and tasty plate of milk... ¬w¬

-------------------------------------

Mordokai
2011-01-16, 06:11 PM
Actually, that'd make humans a minority group if such was the case if the majority of humans were reproducing with non-humans. In most settings, humans are the majority race.

Good point. That's why I'm categorically going to pretend you didn't make any and overlook it :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

I'll say half-elves. Elf women are pretty, graceful, and don't age, but they are really thin and sometimes borderline androgynous. Throw in some human, get some hips and breasts there, and you're good to go. I could do wings too.

I'm glad I'm not alone in that departement :smallsmile: And your reasons are pretty much the same as mine.

golentan
2011-01-16, 06:47 PM
Catfolk Stuff

Okay, is there a reason this keeps moving to the bottom of the discussion? Because it's FREAKING ME OUT!

ericgrau
2011-01-16, 06:58 PM

Reminds me of half-asians. Though asians are nice too.

Vknight
2011-01-16, 08:23 PM
No Love for these Ladies?
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Dragonborn+female#/d2k4jju
Not mine.
Or these Beauties
http://yasei.deviantart.com/art/Rakshasa-Akenis-138723911
By god I'm strange oh well.

Also Changelings personally I don't think count. They are using alternate forms rather then there own so it seems to me it should be based off the creatures base appearance. So shouldn't shape shifting be vetoed? In the end they are going to take on a form that fits what you want which will probably be an actual species.

Halae
2011-01-16, 08:33 PM
Also Changelings personally I don't think count. They are using alternate forms rather then there own so it seems to me it should be based off the creatures base appearance. So shouldn't shape shifting be vetoed? In the end they are going to take on a form that fits what you want which will probably be an actual species.

Nah, I think changelings count. the idea of having a partner that can be anything you want him/her to be is in itself a fantasy

AugustNights
2011-01-16, 08:41 PM
There's a world of difference in what makes Johnny Depp attractive and what makes Clive Owen attractive.
But if they were both the same PERSON just at different times, well... :smallamused:

I'd trade my phasm for Clive-Depp any day.
Any day.

I'm actually attracted to the idea of fluidity, androgyny, and constant change. I imagine the mind and perspectives of one who could pass as anything, and go anywhere would be a broad and beautiful thing.
There is the benifit of exploration in the bedrooom, of course, but that benefit goes both ways. I wouldn't expect the shapeshifter to take on any specific froms anymore than I'd expect my significant other to wear certain pants that happen to show off their some of their greater assets.
Also real live people can change how they appear with relative ease... people who are adept at this tend to attract me. Why no desire this further if magic is available?

Probably best to give the benefit of the doubt, I mean, I'm trained for my personal profession, and I have a price (a low, low, low price right now, but that's art for you.)

Loki Eremes
2011-01-16, 08:41 PM
No Love for these Ladies?
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Dragonborn+female#/d2k4jju
Not mine.
Or these Beauties
http://yasei.deviantart.com/art/Rakshasa-Akenis-138723911
By god I'm strange oh well.

- The first one is...too scaly for me. xD

- The second one scares the **** out of me. Sry but i dont know if she wanna kiss me or rip my face off.

- I agree with you that Changelings wouldnt count for this, but....i think they win the sexy contest. I mean, if your dating one you will never get bored as she changes her appearence. And thats one less problem for her.
The only problem is knowing if she is a she... :smallbiggrin:

AugustNights
2011-01-16, 08:51 PM
The only problem is knowing if she is a she... :smallbiggrin:

Well, considering that can change on a whim, it isn't so much of knowing if the changeling is a she, but rather if the changeling is currently being a she. And then the question becomes, why would that matter unless you were in a situation where it would be very easy to tell the difference?
Unless we're speaking of gender identity, but that would be considerably easier, just ask.
As for birth... still, does it really matter?

Loki Eremes
2011-01-16, 09:14 PM
{Scrubbed}

Ragitsu
2011-01-16, 09:25 PM
Are there any STDs/STIs that are unique to non-humans, that humans can catch?

Calmness
2011-01-16, 09:31 PM
Are there any STDs/STIs that are unique to non-humans, that humans can catch?
There is the original AIDS, for people who want to have sex with chimpanzees. Never forget to use protection, folks!

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-01-16, 09:31 PM
Aboleths are pretty rad. Giant smelly fish-like monstrosities, live in muck, have tentacles - what's not to like?
Yeah, I'm joking. But I know someone who'd probably say this seriously.

Shapeshifters are pretty good, but you know what's even better? Warforged and other robots/golems. I'm like Donatello.
http://img1.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/de8c8deb8c61c5bfca8fcf04c0979a441247374029_full.jp g
http://media.animegalleries.net/albums/userpics/168304/10%20Chachamaru%20Karakuri%20%2811%29.jpg?=123
http://jp.learnoutlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/kosmos.jpg
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/238/616363-aschen_large.jpg

Using Aegis and Holo simultaneously as phenoms of sex-appeal; Tengu, you're my hero.

DeathsHands
2011-01-16, 09:33 PM
Mindflayers, of course.

Yep. Niiice.

Vknight
2011-01-16, 11:12 PM
{Scrubbed}

The second one scares the **** out of me. Sry but i dont know if she wanna kiss me or rip my face off.

That's part of the point. She is sleek & sexy but if you get her angry watch out. That dangerous predator plus beautiful body makes something you cannot resist.

The Changelings I still say should count but it is all up to your choice. But it is not the Changeling that is sexy but the forms she/he takes. So I guess you could say Changeling but then you have to decide what form they would take the most often.

true_shinken
2011-01-16, 11:19 PM
I must confess - I have a thing for elves.
Loki Eremes really hit the jackpot with the catfolk, though. Yoruichi! *_*

Vknight
2011-01-16, 11:23 PM
Yeah, Yoruichi.
I'd give my left kidney for that cat.

Popertop
2011-01-16, 11:26 PM

oh god I forgot about the silver dragons.
hell yeah

Zaydos
2011-01-16, 11:33 PM
oh god I forgot about the silver dragons.
hell yeah

Power, loyalty, goodness, DRAGON, ability to be humanoid (preferably a cute half-elf because I realized my earlier "elf but not as thin" = "half-elf"), DRAGON, yes a silver dragon would be awesome. Although if I had a few levels of melee classes under my belt I'd actually prefer a bronze dragon.

I like the idea of fighting evil together... And then my mind went the logical places for this thread :smalleek: It still works.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-01-16, 11:39 PM
I must confess - I have a thing for elves.
Loki Eremes really hit the jackpot with the catfolk, though. Yoruichi! *_*

I have to second shinken, here Yoruichi is sexy.

As for my own preferences...I have a thing for tieflings TBH, I don't like the hooves very much, but the tails and little horns (like the one in the MM artwork, I don't want ram-quality horns, thank you) are very alluring.

golentan
2011-01-16, 11:39 PM
Yeah, Yoruichi.

She'd take it, too.

Ravens_cry
2011-01-16, 11:56 PM
Probably best to give the benefit of the doubt, I mean, I'm trained for my personal profession, and I have a price (a low, low, low price right now, but that's art for you.)
Maybe, but oh wait, they then go and refers to them as 'shapeshifter sex slaves (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10174381&postcount=183)'.
And I still want to know, Psyren, why the possibility of them being not sapient makes this all better. :smallsigh:

Vknight
2011-01-16, 11:56 PM
I know & it would be worth it no one can argue against that.

Blackfang108
2011-01-16, 11:59 PM
Personally, I'm a LT Shifter fan, and, of course, werewolves.

But I do have a soft spot for the High Elves. I Like the weird, uncanny valley stuff.

Ravens_cry
2011-01-17, 12:02 AM
I know & it would be worth it no one can argue against that.
I think my favourite cat girl I have encountered in Anime so far is Aisha Clanclan of the Ctarl-Ctarl. She would eat my liver in the end, but it still sounds fun while it lasts.

Urpriest
2011-01-17, 12:04 AM
And I still want to know, Psyren, why the possibility of them being not sapient makes this all better. :smallsigh:

All depends on whether you're a Kantian or a Utilitarian.

Ok, here's a weird one: those giants from Fiend Folio, where the women go crazy and become humongous and eat all nearby cattle. Somehow from when I first read them I was wondering whether other...appetites...were enhanced.

Vknight
2011-01-17, 12:06 AM
See that is why Yoruichi is superior if you die you can come back as a Shingami or Hollow. That's if you die any person planning this would have a complicated plan luring her out with Kidney & Catnip.
Also don't forget you gloves made of stone that absorb reiatsu.

Ravens_cry
2011-01-17, 12:16 AM

I am sorry, I never took any philosophical courses. All I got is my upbringing and my own thoughts.
Essentially saying 'oh, maybe they aren't sex slaves, maybe it's something worse or a sapient who had their mind destroyed. also even worse.' does not make it any better from my point of view.

Vknight
2011-01-17, 12:24 AM
I am sorry, I never took any philosophical courses. All I got is my upbringing and my own thoughts.
Essentially saying 'oh, maybe they aren't sex slaves, maybe it's something worse or a sapient who had their mind destroyed. also even worse.' does not make it any better from my point of view.

Exactly. This idea is pretty twisted but to each his own I suppose.
'Carpe Diem'

DaedalusMkV
2011-01-17, 01:10 AM

Stop assuming all Deontologists are Kantian. I can believe in an obligation-based system of morality without subscribing to the Catagorical Imperative, much less agreeing with his use of it! Also, way to leave out the Divine Command Theorists... :smallwink:

Basically, the Utilitarian point of view would be that since the action makes someone happy without any corresponding decrease in happiness from another person it is a moral action. In this case, the nonsentient sex-slave has no emotions and can be neither happy nor sad, while the action makes the person happy. Thus, by that reasoning there's nothing immoral happening, unlike the case where a sentient being is forced into slavery. Whether you agree with that standpoint or not is entirely a matter of personal philosophy. You clearly do not, a position which I mostly agree with.

Getting away from that, I too would have to fall into the Bronze/Silver Dragon camp. Each have their own pros and cons from my point of view, but both have a lot going for them. I lean one way or another depending on how long I consider it, so suffice to say that either one works well for me. Then again, how much of that is fantasies of being able to fly on the back of a Dragon while simultaneously having a fulfilling conversation and how much is actual sex appeal is... Unclear.

2xMachina
2011-01-17, 01:59 AM
{Scrub the post, scrub the quote}

IIRC, Changelings are born Androgynous, and chooses to be a certain gender (which they may change at any time).

Also, for me, I like Changelings not to emulate some form I like, but the ability to change themselves as they wishes. Different hairstyles, color, body shape at their whim. Maybe some nudging to some favorite styles.

RE: Non-sapient Shapeshifters would probably be just like one of those creepy sex dolls that some people have. Sapience means self awareness. No self awareness... It should be created that way though, not reducing a sapient to that, which is no different than murder. (I do notice certain fantasies where that happens though. Don't agree too much with it, but eh, imagined characters can't die)

Ravens_cry
2011-01-17, 02:05 AM
RE: Non-sapient Shapeshifters would probably be just like one of those creepy sex dolls that some people have. Sapience means self awareness. No self awareness... It should be created that way though, not reducing a sapient to that, which is no different than murder.
I don't have Planscape, but they were explicitly said by the poster that they are 'trained' for this. Which implies as much capability for learning as any sentient being, and more then some, and were referred as sex slaves, not animated sex dolls. Also, most moral standards, even ones that don't consider animals to be sapient, wouldn't subject animals to this either.

Marillion
2011-01-17, 02:23 AM
Well, though my tastes are many and varied, I'm going to throw my hat in for halflings.

Yes, you read that right.

Though yes, their size is obviously part of what I find attractive, no, it's not that their size is child-like. Just...no. :smallannoyed: It's that she's a proportionate, mature woman in a petite package.
Pros:
-I like to feel big. Take that as you will :D
-I like to protect people, and petite women bring that out in me.
-Their heads aren't weirdly disproportionate like gnomes.
-Cute and mischievous is always a turn on.
-Yes.

Cons:
-Certain. Anatomical...size differences. But, nothing that a pair of patient, considerate and enthusiastic lovers can't work around.:smallamused:
-Easily misplaced in a crowd.
-My 50-pound dog likes to jump on people.
Though, to be fair, certain art pieces may have helped with making them attractive to me.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/Saroth/Kisha_Lightfeet_by_Bayra.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/Saroth/4zbytjc.jpg

*braces for the inevitable storm of disapproval*

2xMachina
2011-01-17, 02:27 AM
I consider animals (and self aware AI) as sapient, so something non-sapient to me is really an object.

I really have no idea what exactly that shapeshifter is though.

Coidzor
2011-01-17, 02:30 AM
-Certain. Anatomical...size differences. But, nothing that a pair of patient, considerate and enthusiastic lovers can't work around.:smallamused: :smallconfused: They're not that small.

Oh, no, the thread touching upon morality is far more distracting than merely wanting to boink short women. :smalltongue:

Ravens_cry
2011-01-17, 02:34 AM
Chill. Yes, certain intimate acts would have . . .difficulties, and woe betide her if the famed human fertility takes hold, but haflings? Yes, halflings are attractive.
I though the iconic Lidda was very beautiful, the braids, the leather, the rosey little nose. All very nice.

Xefas
2011-01-17, 02:47 AM
Well, though my tastes are many and varied, I'm going to throw my hat in for halflings.
Halflings; pretty hot. I think they're hedged out a bit by the Exalted variant, for me, though: http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/exalted-djala.jpg
Something about panda print and deadly flaming scythes.

My ultimate vote for ultimate sexiness, however, would go to something inherently non-sexual and decidedly transhuman. Something like a Dr. Manhattan, or some of the more inhuman and stoic depictions of angels. What can I say? I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality. It may sound strange, but we'd be talking about a relationship with absolutely no end to the mystery; no boredom or mundane routine.

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-17, 02:51 AM
:smallconfused: They're not that small.

They are pretty small (maximum height for the ladies is like 3'), but I suppose it's still workable. I guess I kind of like halflings too, but with a maximum weight of like 30 lbs, it just seems a bit hard to imagine, so they're basically in my 'can't decide' stack for the moment.

Ravens_cry
2011-01-17, 02:52 AM

Oh yes, they are. (http://mygirlfriendisadm.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/10-races.jpg)
I mean seriously, ouch.

Marillion
2011-01-17, 02:53 AM
Chill.

Oh, no, the thread touching upon morality is far more distracting than merely wanting to boink short women. :smalltongue:
Ha, well, I find that the prevailing attitude is "Kinda creepy, dude." Also,

someone might say halflings or some kind of fey because of their potentially childlike physiques (yeah, yeah, everyone has their own sickness; we aren't here to judge people for their flaws).
on the first page made me kinda wary :smalltongue:

I though the iconic Lidda was very beautiful, the braids, the leather, the rosey little nose. All very nice.
Indeed.

According to the SRD, they're usually around 3 feet tall and 30-35 pounds. Yeah, they kinda are :smalltongue:

RE: shapeshifters (specifically, the "slaves" that keep being brought up) Obviously, if the shapeshifter is forced into slavery, that's terrible. If their sapience has been removed before being sold, that's even worse. But if they're created via magic for that purpose, never having had sapience, I don't see it as being much different than certain toys on the market right now. Whether or not you find that immoral, I think you have to agree that it's immoral on a completely different level than forced "servitude".

And if they're sapient and willing and eager to change, well that's just fantastic:smallamused:

I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.
Baha. I request to sig this.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2011-01-17, 02:57 AM
Mongrelfolk. T.H. White's Lancelot kinda sexy.

Xefas
2011-01-17, 03:06 AM
Baha. I request to sig this.

Of course, of course.

And, the more I think about this "halflings being 3 feet tall" business, the more problems I see arising, other than just physical ones. Would you live in a hobbit hovel or a human house? 11 meals a day or 2-3? What if you roll over and smother her? :smalltongue:

Coidzor
2011-01-17, 03:09 AM
They are pretty small (maximum height for the ladies is like 3'), but I suppose it's still workable. I guess I kind of like halflings too, but with a maximum weight of like 30 lbs, it just seems a bit hard to imagine, so they're basically in my 'can't decide' stack for the moment.

Their height isn't what's at issue though. :smallwink: It's their width, and I haven't seen anything to suggest that they're too small in that context. And their weight simply gives some options while the attendant lack of relative mass takes others away.

According to the SRD, they're usually around 3 feet tall and 30-35 pounds. Yeah, they kinda are :smalltongue:

Which is, again, not the size that matters in the direction you were taking it. :smalltongue:

Oh yes, they are. (http://mygirlfriendisadm.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/10-races.jpg)
I mean seriously, ouch.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it. Certainly some of them could be ouch, but then, there are plenty of human women who would have a similar problem despite being the same size category.

Would you live in a hobbit hovel or a human house?

Do I have to direct you to the opening lines of the Hobbit? :smallconfused:

A hobbit hole means comfort, not a hovel. :smalltongue:

Ravens_cry
2011-01-17, 03:21 AM
Yeah, I'm not seeing it. Certainly some of them could be ouch, but then, there are plenty of human women who would have a similar problem despite being the same size category.

The halfling is the one who doesn't come up to the human womans crotch and is even less then half the width. If they are *ahem* fully proportional, things just aren't designed to fit. And potential pregnancies are even more frightening.

Marillion
2011-01-17, 03:23 AM
Their height isn't what's at issue though. :smallwink: It's their width, and I haven't seen anything to suggest that they're too small in that context. And their weight simply gives some options while the attendant lack of relative mass takes others away.
Heehee. Ideas. :smalltongue:

True, though I think the problem could only be worse for a halfling. :smalltongue: But again, nothing that skilled, considerate, and enthusiastic lovers can't get around.:smallamused:

And, the more I think about this "halflings being 3 feet tall" business, the more problems I see arising, other than just physical ones. Would you live in a hobbit hovel or a human house? 11 meals a day or 2-3? What if you roll over and smother her? :smalltongue:
Human ground level house with doorknobs at both relevant heights, with certain scaled-down areas for her personal use; 2-3 medium meals for me, with small snacks I eat at her mealtimes; She sleeps on top of me. :smallbiggrin:

No, I haven't thought long and hard about this. Not at all.

Coidzor
2011-01-17, 03:32 AM
Heehee. Ideas. :smalltongue:

Like I could give you ideas about this. :smalltongue:

True, though I think the problem could only be worse for a halfling. :smalltongue:

Indeed, for those who would have such issues. Who are quite unlikely to seek congress with a human anyway.

But again, nothing that skilled, considerate, and enthusiastic lovers can't get around.:smallamused:There's just something wrong about this phrase that I can never quite put my finger on. :smallconfused:

The halfling is the one who doesn't come up to the human womans crotch and is even less then half the width. If they are *ahem* fully proportional, things just aren't designed to fit.

They don't really seem proportional like simply being scaled down humans to me, except when the artist is of the "delicious flat chest" mindset. Which is the opposite of the direction that I would want the race taken in, so I reject that reality and substitute my own.

And potential pregnancies are even more frightening.

Since when has that ever been an issue for D&D species that can crossbreed?

Ravens_cry
2011-01-17, 03:46 AM
They don't really seem proportional like simply being scaled down humans to me, except when the artist is of the "delicious flat chest" mindset. Which is the opposite of the direction that I would want the race taken in, so I reject that reality and substitute my own.

So basically if the halflings are more like hobbits, which none of the 3.5 fluff and rules indicate.

Since when has that ever been an issue for D&D species that can crossbreed?
The game doesn't have pregnancy rules period, barring homebrew and third party material, so it's just handwaved, but simply looking at the bodies of the parties involved should tell you something.

Marillion
2011-01-17, 03:48 AM
And potential pregnancies are even more frightening.
Assuming that I get my halfling but no magic to help that along, it's still possible. Adoption, surrogate mothers, etc. Not easy, but doable.

There's just something wrong about this phrase that I can never quite put my finger on. :smallconfused:

put my finger on.

finger
:smallamused:

Coidzor
2011-01-17, 03:54 AM
So basically if the halflings are more like hobbits, which none of the 3.5 fluff and rules indicate. No, just that they have different proportions to humans rather than modeling them perfectly.

The game doesn't have pregnancy rules period, barring homebrew and third party material, so it's just handwaved, but simply looking at the bodies of the parties involved should tell you something.

To which I say, meh. If a woman can give birth to a minotaur or half-minotaur without being gibbed, then hang it all.

Either the resulting child would be somewhere inbetween the two parents and thus likely survivable or there's no resulting child or the child is simply another halfling.

Or hell, Caesareans, which are all the rage these days anyway. But in the end, I just don't care. Especially after seeing what Marillion did there in his last post.

Ravens_cry
2011-01-17, 03:55 AM
Assuming that I get my halfling but no magic to help that along, it's still possible. Adoption, surrogate mothers, etc. Not easy, but doable.

Many pregnancies aren't exactly planned and are merely the result of a certain form of physical intimacy.
And well, other size differances need to be also taken into consideration.

No, just that they have different proportions to humans rather than modeling them perfectly.

I don't see them, being less then half the size of a human in height, and young child in weight, being able to carry even a three-quarterling to term.
30 pounds. Don't forget that number.

To which I say, meh. If a woman can give birth to a minotaur or half-minotaur without being gibbed, then hang it all.

There is nothing in the rules that says they aren't, just that the child survives by virtue of the race existing.

Grumman
2011-01-17, 03:56 AM
IIRC, Changelings are born Androgynous, and chooses to be a certain gender (which they may change at any time).
Doppelgangers don't have a gender in their natural forms, changelings (half-doppelgangers) do.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/Saroth/4zbytjc.jpg

Nah, Lidda is hot, and being tiny doesn't mean she's not an adult. That last picture was a nice way for Dragon Magazine to go out with a bang. :smallbiggrin:

Coidzor
2011-01-17, 03:57 AM
And well, other size differances need to be also taken into consideration.

What other ones? We just went over uterine/body cavity-fetus size discrepancies as well as birth canal related ones.

Ravens_cry
2011-01-17, 04:23 AM
What other ones? We just went over uterine/body cavity-fetus size discrepancies as well as birth canal related ones.
D&D isn't FATAL, it doesn't have penis size rules, thank God. But if we assume about proportionality, ouch.

Coidzor
2011-01-17, 04:26 AM
D&D isn't FATAL, it doesn't have penis size rules, thank God. But if we assume about proportionality, ouch.

Errr, uh... wasn't that what we were discussing in the first place? :smallconfused:

...What did we start off talking about then?! :smalleek:

Lycan 01
2011-01-17, 04:28 AM
"Life will find a way." - several characters in Jurassic Park

Ravens_cry
2011-01-17, 04:32 AM
Errr, uh... wasn't that what we were discussing in the first place? :smallconfused:

...What did we start off talking about then?! :smalleek:
We were discussing pregnancy, which is it's own issue, as well as penile circumference and length issues. Bear also in mind that in the animal world, humans are proportionally large by primate standards. Which hypothetically could make the issue worse.

2xMachina
2011-01-17, 07:04 AM
Doppelgangers don't have a gender in their natural forms, changelings (half-doppelgangers) do.

It manifests at adolescences, so I assumed they are born as genderless, then adopt a gender later.

Grumman
2011-01-17, 07:18 AM
It manifests at adolescences, so I assumed they are born as genderless, then adopt a gender later.
No. They can shift to other forms, but they've got a "default" gender. Otherwise it wouldn't be their gender in their "natural" form, would it?

2xMachina
2011-01-17, 07:24 AM
RoE
..., a changeling does have a default gender that manifests in adolescents...

Coidzor
2011-01-17, 07:24 AM
Doppelgangers (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG67b.jpg) don't have mouths and thus don't really need orifices for extruding waste. Changelings on the other hand, do and eat with them, so they need waste disposal facilities. So they would need some way to urinate.

2xMachina
2011-01-17, 07:28 AM
IDK how that works. Probably unlike anything human.

Frozen_Feet
2011-01-17, 09:11 AM
Yeah, Yoruichi.
Why not just quote Urahara Kisuke and says she's your "favorite *****"? :smallcool:

The halfling is the one who doesn't come up to the human womans crotch and is even less then half the width. If they are *ahem* fully proportional, things just aren't designed to fit. And potential pregnancies are even more frightening.
A halfling baby is likely to be larger than human... you know. Furthermore, flesh is surprisingly accommodating with sufficient relaxation and patience, but that's not something I can illustrate within forum rules.

Now, if the male is human and nick-named "Long John" for whatever reason, yes, I can imagine things being painful if he's horribly inconsiderate - but who says he's going to be incosiderate?

About pregnancy: my memory might be playing tricks on me, but as far as I understand the mother's body holds much sway over development of the child; the hormonal and physical conditions within the womb force the fetus to "fit". In many real life cases of hybridization, even if the mother has been significantly smaller than the father, the child develops and is born relatively close to normal for the mother's species - so the "extra quarter" might only become apparent once the child reaches maturity.

Strangely enough, considering real life cases of "hybrid vigor", it's not given the "three-quarterling" is the average of the parent species' heights - it might be normal for human, using Tiglons as a guide line.