PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder]..Getting Desecrate on a Wizard?

Maho-Tsukai
2011-01-16, 12:15 PM
While wizards in 3.5 could get desecrate added to their list via feats, they lacked rebuke. Wizards in pathfinder suffer the same issue except reversed. Necro wizards get rebuke, but from what I know of pathfinder there are no feats which allow wizards to get desecrate(or other out of list spells) on their list. While I know I can just port feats like Extra Spell over from 3.5e before I try and get such feats approved I want to know if there is any non 3.5e-reliant ways in pathfinder to give a wizard access to desecrate. I mean, with no more deathbound domain and general of undeath, a pathfinder wizard with desecrate would make just as good a necromancer as a pathfinder cleric or oracle an rd that's why I am asking this. Likewise a third party class known as the "Death Mage" which lacks Desecrate really should have it, so getting Desecrate on that class would also be awesome.

DukeofDellot
2011-01-16, 02:17 PM
You can always put ranks into Use Magic Device (since cross-class skills no longer suck so bad) and buy a wand of it. But without a Charisma Modifier, you'd only have a +3 in ranks (unless you pull other resources into it) by the time you'd normally have the ability to cast said spell... so it's not a very attractive ability but... there's that option.

You could always go the Mystic Theurge route and pick up all the best Death Magic from both classes... Doing this just for one spell however is a bit ridiculous though.

No, I can't find a real way to get that spell on your spell list.

Benly
2011-01-16, 08:23 PM
From the Pathfinder SRD, "Magic Item Creation":

Note that all items have prerequisites in their descriptions. These prerequisites must be met for the item to be created. Most of the time, they take the form of spells that must be known by the item's creator (although access through another magic item or spellcaster is allowed). The DC to create a magic item increases by +5 for each prerequisite the caster does not meet. The only exception to this is the requisite item creation feat, which is mandatory. In addition, you cannot create spell-trigger and spell-completion magic items without meeting their spell prerequisites.

Why is this important? Because it means that, as long as the item is not spell-trigger or spell-completion, Pathfinder spellcasters can make items of spells that aren't even on their lists! You can therefore use Craft Wondrous Item to make a 1/day command word or use-activated item that casts Desecrate - assuming your GM lets you, anyway, since the item-creation guidelines are just guidelines.