PDA

View Full Version : The Middle Ground IC

firemagehao
2011-01-16, 02:50 PM
For ages, society has relied on magic. Magic and machines. The machines were powered by magic, running forges, waste removal, menial tasks that people did not want to do. Magic was a convenience, as well as a tool of war. It lit the streets at night, and kept the houses warm. Powerful casters rule the kingdoms. Amidst all this, there still exist Feudal Barbaric tribes.

But something is amiss...

You are a group of strangers, who have been asked to meet on the street corner of Nissa Avenue and Tezzeret drive by letter. There, you a well dressed man asked you, "Will you accept a quest?"

The-Mage-King
2011-01-16, 09:09 PM
"I have a dojo to run, and students to teach, but if this is good enough I might want in." Ajikenai says, clad in his normal clothing. "So tell me first, and I'll see about it."

yldenfrei
2011-01-17, 01:05 AM
"You mentioned a reward?" Zaaera crosses her arms and shifts her weight to one leg. She blinks, allowing her Magic Sight to kick in, showing her lines of arcane strands flowing through the air of the city. She focuses her sight on the man, smiling as she spoke, "And please, may I have the honor of knowing who I am speaking with?"

[[Action Taken:
Magic Sight - Detect Magic, Concentration -4

Kira_the_5th
2011-01-18, 08:35 AM
"Indeed." Erith says, looking the man over. "I would perhaps like to know a bit more about this quest of yours, as well as who you are, before I accept any sort of deal from you."

firemagehao
2011-01-22, 12:59 PM
"The quest, is to find a magic relic that was stolen from my antiquities shop. My name is Lord Baron Von Vaderham IV. The reward is 1000 platinum pieces spit among you, and whatever treasure you may find along the way."

The-Mage-King
2011-01-22, 01:01 PM
"Hm..." The swordsman mutters, doing a quick calculation in his head. "Ten thousand gold? What's the opposition?"

yldenfrei
2011-01-22, 07:22 PM
"A substantial sum," Zaaera nods, her eyes scanning the man's personage, looking for magically infused items or any arcane traces. She tries to recall some information about a certain Lord Baron Von Vaderham IV. Offhand, she replies,"Please shed some light as to the nature of this magical relic you speak of."

[[Actions Taken:
Knowledge (local) check: +8
Take 10 or [roll0] (if Take 10 not allowed)
Knowledge (nobility and royalty) check: +8
Take 10 or [roll1] (if Take 10 not allowed)

Maintaining effect:
Magic Sight (focused on Vaderham) - Detect Magic, Concentration -4