PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Is there a way to get a maneuver to cound as a charge?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-01-16, 03:50 PM
I am toying with a build which needs a way to get a maneuver to count as a charge so I can double the damage with battle jump; so is there a feat or something that lets me do that? I guess if there is a way get a standard action attack to count I am sure I might let the DM count that for maneuvers.

I am looking for something along the lines of "you can treat a standard action attack as a charge for the purposes of special abilites/feats effects" or something similar.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:Something similar to Bounding assault (maneuver) will work best.

CyMage
2011-01-16, 04:30 PM
Several of the White Raven maneuvers are charges.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-01-16, 04:32 PM
Several of the White Raven maneuvers are charges.

Might work; but that isn't what I am thinking about.

My idea was to use the battle jump feat (doubles damage on a charge) + ruby nightmare blade (doubles damage again) and have a craptone of damage bonus (dex, str, wis, Magic items, etc) to deal as much damage as I can on a single turn and emulate Altair's jumping attack.

cd4
2011-01-16, 04:41 PM
I'm not sure about the main part of this but you can upgrade the ruby nightmare blade to diamond nightmare blade to get *4 damage rather than *2

Dusk Eclipse
2011-01-16, 04:43 PM
I'm not sure about the main part of this but you can upgrade the ruby nightmare blade to diamond nightmare blade to get *4 damage rather than *2

Yeah, I intended to upgrade it at level 17; but right now the build is intended to begin at level 10

poignant123
2011-01-16, 05:05 PM
Battle Jump activates anytime you charge from above your opponent, so using Jump maneuvers from Tiger Claw can count as charges. It really depends on how far you fall from though.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-01-16, 05:07 PM
Battle Jump activates anytime you charge from above your opponent, so using Jump maneuvers from Tiger Claw can count as charges. It really depends on how far you fall from though.

.... not as much damage as my first idea; but many the tiger claw jump maneuvers deal a substantial amount of extra damage, thanks.:smallsmile:

randomhero00
2011-01-16, 05:10 PM
ToB really doesn't need to be optimized :P

Dusk Eclipse
2011-01-16, 05:11 PM
True it doesn't need to be optimized; but I want to :smalltongue: besides I am still a melee fighter.