PDA

View Full Version : Haruki's Hot 'n Holy Random Banter #153

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

PJ the Epic
2011-02-02, 11:22 AM
I love milk. As a kid I didn't like whole milk, but now I like any type. Granted, Chocolate Milk is still the best thing ever, but I'll take it pure, too.

In fact, I drink so much milk that it's dangerous for me. My dad used to warn me about some sort of...bone condition I could have from consuming too much calcium. Something my grandfather had. Don't even know what it is.

*sips milk anyway*

I drink a lot of milk, too. But I don't know about any sort of bone-thing. All I've ever managed to do is to get myself violently ill off of milk.

KuReshtin
2011-02-02, 11:33 AM
I drink a lot of milk, too. But I don't know about any sort of bone-thing. All I've ever managed to do is to get myself violently ill off of milk.

Yeah, if you drink too much of it too quickly, it'll come back up again.
I think they tried it in an episode of Jackass, where they tried to drink a gallon of milk in under an hour.

Didn't go well.

It's debated that the calcium from milk isn't absorbed a whole lot by the body as it is, so the old adage of 'drink milk to strengthen your bones' may be just a pile of rubbish.

Personally, I like milk. Lots of it. I tend to drink milk rather than fizzy drinks a lot of the time. I usually go through about 4-6 pints of milk each day.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-02-02, 11:34 AM
I love milk. As a kid I didn't like whole milk, but now I like any type. Granted, Chocolate Milk is still the best thing ever, but I'll take it pure, too.

In fact, I drink so much milk that it's dangerous for me. My dad used to warn me about some sort of...bone condition I could have from consuming too much calcium. Something my grandfather had. Don't even know what it is.

*sips milk anyway*

I think one of my mom's parents had that.

*drinks milk*

Time for a new carton.

PJ the Epic
2011-02-02, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=KuReshtin;10289047]Yeah, if you drink too much of it too quickly, it'll come back up again.
I think they tried it in an episode of Jackass, where they tried to drink a gallon of milk in under an hour.

Didn't go well.
QUOTE]

I didn't try to drink a gallon in an hour, but I think I drank like 2 gallons over the course of an afternoon. It ended badly as well.

CurlyKitGirl
2011-02-02, 12:12 PM
Oh my oh me.
I bought an article of feminine clothing today. Voluntarily. With intent to wear it to more than a few events.
I gave in to my sex.
I willingly did something feminine.

And now to do more feminine things. Such as preparing for a posh dinner. Argh. At least it's only black tie.

I can't believe I now have two dresses . . .
That's more dresses than I've ever owned at once in my life.

Archonic Energy
2011-02-02, 12:20 PM
And now to do more feminine things. Such as preparing for a posh dinner. Argh. At least it's only black tie.

is it "carry on crusing" where someone is told to wear a black tie and that is all" then they proceed to take that literally?

"brother bought a coconut, for a dime.
his sister had another one, she paid it for a lime..."
help me!

Thufir
2011-02-02, 12:49 PM
Oh my oh me.
I bought an article of feminine clothing today. Voluntarily. With intent to wear it to more than a few events.
I gave in to my sex.
I willingly did something feminine.

*Legasp*

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k63/Razor-Sharp_H7/Avatar/ENVY-Thufir.png

I can't believe I now have two dresses . . .
That's more dresses than I've ever owned at once in my life.

We can haz pics plz?

ION: I'm diving straight into this blogging thing with reckless abandon. Ideas for future posts are clamouring inside my head going "Me next! Me, me, me!"

Coidzor
2011-02-02, 01:43 PM
That little stickafigure makes me think of some kind of strange new dance.

As does its Koorlesque counterpart.

:smallconfused: Curious.

CurlyKitGirl
2011-02-02, 01:48 PM
*Legasp*

. . .

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k63/Razor-Sharp_H7/Avatar/ENVY-Thufir.png

. . .

We can haz pics plz?

It's only black tie, hardly anything special.
Wow.
Okay, Oxcamfordbridge has corrupted me. Anyway, chances of pics are minimal due to having no full length mirrors, and the only camera I have is a webcam. So yah.

It's actually a very posh, angry version of the macarena.
We actually wanted to do the YMCA but they wouldn't let us. Sorry to let you down.

IRN:
Great. There's a ladder in my tights. Luckily it's not anywhere noticeable. I even look respectable.

And now I'm off to pre-dinner drinks in a few minutes.

This is going to be boring. It's only a subject dinner.

Thufir
2011-02-02, 01:52 PM

Well, of course, originally the two of them were pointing at each other, but when they're separated out it does look more like they're dancing, I agree.

Anyway, chances of pics are minimal due to having no full length mirrors, and the only camera I have is a webcam. So yah.

You left your camera at home? :smallannoyed:
But I want to see pretty Koorly in presumably pretty dress! :smallfrown:

It's actually a very posh, angry version of the macarena.
We actually wanted to do the YMCA but they wouldn't let us. Sorry to let you down.

Or this. This also works as an explanation.
Though now I'm tempted to draw us doing the YMCA dance...

Koury
2011-02-02, 02:05 PM
TV has just taught me that if you ask 40 random people what their birthday is you have an 89% chance of getting at least one match.

Me thinks this will come in handy at some point in the future when I need to win a bet of some sort.

Also, don't ask about the math, I wasn't really paying THAT much attention.

Coidzor
2011-02-02, 02:16 PM
Great. There's a ladder in my tights. Luckily it's not anywhere noticeable. I even look respectable.

:smallconfused: Um. How? Seems like it would stretch them out to a point of not being wearable by a human anymore. :smalleek:

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-02, 02:23 PM
TV has just taught me that if you ask 40 random people what their birthday is you have an 89% chance of getting at least one match.

Me thinks this will come in handy at some point in the future when I need to win a bet of some sort.

Also, don't ask about the math, I wasn't really paying THAT much attention.
It' s based around the fact that you work with pairs not with individuals.

Here's the math. (http://www.math.hmc.edu/funfacts/ffiles/10001.6.shtml)

Thufir
2011-02-02, 02:23 PM
:smallconfused: Um. How? Seems like it would stretch them out to a point of not being wearable by a human anymore. :smalleek:

You don't know what it means when someone says their tights are laddered? :smallconfused:

Coidzor
2011-02-02, 03:19 PM
You don't know what it means when someone says their tights are laddered? :smallconfused:

No, and google's being rather unhelpful as well. At best, all I can figure out is that it's somewhat similar to a run in one's stocking.

Thufir
2011-02-02, 03:49 PM
No, and google's being rather unhelpful as well. At best, all I can figure out is that it's somewhat similar to a run in one's stocking.

*Google image search*

This picture illustrates it pretty well. (http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/peachesdressBIG_450x450.jpg) Note how the remaining threads going across make it look a bit like a ladder running up the leg.

Coidzor
2011-02-02, 03:53 PM
Wiggy. First page of results for me was just one big rip/hole. :smallconfused:

Well, I feel silly now for not getting the visual metaphor of it.

SMEE
2011-02-02, 04:34 PM
So... I gave in and bought some summer shoes today.
Summer shoes with 4'' heels... because I'm way to short, obviously... :smallyuk:

And also a pretty pink dress. :smallredface:
It's supposed to be knee-length, but I'll only know that when they deliver it.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-02-02, 04:54 PM
Anybody else here have a name that's constantly being misspelled?

Thufir
2011-02-02, 05:43 PM

Yes. :smallannoyed:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-02-02, 06:02 PM
Yes. :smallannoyed:

Well, I meant in real life Thurfir, but... :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2011-02-02, 06:03 PM
Yes. For some reason, people like to change my K to a C. It's Lex-Kat people.

Or do you mean our RL names? :smallconfused: In that case, it's still Yes. :smallannoyed:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-02-02, 06:05 PM
Well, I meant in real life

Or do you mean our RL names? :smallconfused: In that case, it's still Yes. :smallannoyed:

Yeah. I feel your pain. My name keeps on getting "e" inserted into it.

KuReshtin
2011-02-02, 06:09 PM
Yeah. I feel your pain. My name keeps on getting "e" inserted into it.

Why would anyone spell your first name with an 'e'?
That wouldn't make sense.
The only thing that would cause is that your name would become a girl's name.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-02-02, 06:13 PM
Why would anyone spell your first name with an 'e'?
That wouldn't make sense.
The only thing that would cause is that your name would become a girl's name.

Oh, it makes sense. My name is spelled a little differently. And it's unisex.

Lex-Kat
2011-02-02, 06:15 PM
Mine keeps getting my 'ie' changed to a 'y'. :smallyuk:

Thufir
2011-02-02, 06:18 PM
Well, I meant in real life Thurfir, but... :smalltongue:

Happens there as well.
And if you persist in wilfully misspelling my name, you forfeit all rights to complain about people misspelling yours. :smallmad:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-02-02, 06:21 PM
Happens there as well.
And if you persist in wilfully misspelling my name, you forfeit all rights to complain about people misspelling yours. :smallmad:

But... Thats what the ":smalltongue:" was there for.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-02-02, 06:24 PM
Don't talk to me about mispelling names.

ALL THE TIME.

My first name, my middle name, and my last name. Yaaaaay, :smallannoyed:

Thufir
2011-02-02, 06:25 PM
But... Thats what the ":smalltongue:" was there for.

I don't find it amusing. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10273882#post10273882)

@^: My middle name doesn't get misspelled that often...

AtlanteanTroll
2011-02-02, 06:25 PM
Don't talk to me about mispelling names.

ALL THE TIME.

My first name, my middle name, and my last name. Yaaaaay, :smallannoyed:

Oh yeah... Last name to... Not my Middle name though. As it isn't a name, its just a word. (That happens to be my name.)

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-02-02, 07:28 PM
Oh yeah... Last name to... Not my Middle name though. As it isn't a name, its just a word. (That happens to be my name.)

My last name is a word that SHOULD have an 'i'. HOWEVER, it's spelled with a 'y'. People are all like "So, when'd you change your name to have a 'y' in it?", thinkin' that I'm so poser, but I'm all like "Oh, about four to five hundred years ago, direct male line. How far back does your family go? No? I'll have my coffee, thankyouverymuchnow." on their cute little wanna-be-witty behinds.

CynicalAvocado
2011-02-02, 07:35 PM
My last name is a word that SHOULD have an 'i'. HOWEVER, it's spelled with a 'y'. People are all like "So, when'd you change your name to have a 'y' in it?", thinkin' that I'm so poser, but I'm all like "Oh, about four to five hundred years ago, direct male line. How far back does your family go? No? I'll have my coffee, thankyouverymuchnow." on their cute little wanna-be-witty behinds.

i hate when people get last names wrong. i couldn't count how many times people leave the 's' of the my last name if i had all the abaci in the world. it's Dukes. not Duke. i am not a college, i am not from Hazzard county.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-02, 07:40 PM
What really makes me mad about that is my last name sounds a lot like an extremely popular model rocket company. And people keep spelling my last name like the model rocket company. It's Estis not Estes.:smallfurious:

CynicalAvocado
2011-02-02, 07:41 PM
What really makes me mad about that is my last name sounds a lot like an extremely popular model rocket company. And people keep spelling my last name like the model rocket company. It's Estis not Estes.:smallfurious:

someone once said my last name as duck. really?:smallannoyed:

Coidzor
2011-02-02, 07:46 PM
It's Estis not Estes.:smallfurious:

someone once said my last name as duck. really?:smallannoyed:

Estesduck...:smallconfused:

Asbesduck (http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/110121)! :smalleek:

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2011-02-02, 07:50 PM
My surname should be so utterly easy to spell since it's a very common English word spelt phonetically, but no, due to the comparative rarity of the surname I find myself lumped in with vaguely similar names. It's as if when someone asked me my name, they didn't take the trouble to listen, because an -ing sound is rather patently different in pronunciation from an -er sound.

Actually, that's my pet peeve. I shall quote this post over there.

CurlyKitGirl
2011-02-02, 07:54 PM
You left your camera at home? :smallannoyed:
But I want to see pretty Koorly in presumably pretty dress! :smallfrown:

I'm ashamed to say it is very nice.

Or this. This also works as an explanation.
Though now I'm tempted to draw us doing the YMCA dance...

Whimsy is the one thing I'm good at.

Long nails.
You catch one of the vertical threads, so you end up with horizontal ladders in your tights. Luckily mine were nude so you could barely see it anyway.

And mispronounced.
All three of them.
I gave up correcting people a long time ago. My middle name is actually spelt wrong on my NI card.
Too much hassle.
You won't believe how many time they get it wrong.

And here? I have so many nicknames and derivatives I'm surprised if most people even know my full name.

Koury
2011-02-02, 07:58 PM
Yes to the name thing. My actual real first name is Koury. Pronounced just like plain ole Cory.

I hear "Cow-ree" all the time though.

My last name is also a first name though and I get a lot of people calling me by that instead.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-02-02, 07:59 PM
And mispronounced.

Sort of comes with the territory doesn't it? Its the worse when your freaking TEACHERS spell it wrong.

Thufir
2011-02-02, 08:17 PM
I'm ashamed to say it is very nice.

I want to see it! *pouts*
I need a teleporter...

Whimsy is the one thing I'm good at.

Apart from all the other things.

And mispronounced.

That at least I don't have a problem with. Well, people do mispronounce my surname, but only sort of. It would be more accurate to say that they correctly pronounce a misspelled version of my name. So it's still only the misspelling that's really an issue.
I can't think how one would mispronounce your first name. :smallconfused:

ION: Job centre is annoying. I've done all the job searching I have to do, and some applying, but of course I also now have to write down that I've done it. I understand why I have to do it, but it's really annoying.

Lex-Kat
2011-02-02, 08:43 PM
My last name is spelled almost like a popular make-up company's. Just missing an 'a'. But they consistantly pronounce it the way the company spells it.

Heliomance
2011-02-02, 08:58 PM
My last name is Coton. Pronounced "coat'n". The number of people who pronounce or spell it with an extraneous t...

AtlanteanTroll
2011-02-02, 09:28 PM
My last name is Coton. Pronounced "coat'n". The number of people who pronounce or spell it with an extraneous t...

You've spelled it out, and I'm still not sure how to pronoune it.

Heliomance
2011-02-02, 09:39 PM
"coat", then an unstressed vowel, then n. "Coat-un" is probably also a valid transcription.

Ranger Mattos
2011-02-02, 09:48 PM
I generally don't have my name spelled wrong. Mispronounced is a different thing. Most people say 'Nee-man'. It's actually pronounced 'Ny-man'.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-02-02, 09:53 PM
"coat", then an unstressed vowel, then n. "Coat-un" is probably also a valid transcription.

That sir, I can pronounce. My last name starts with a "v" and people always are thinking it's "b" or "fr" ... GRRRRRRR

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-02, 09:57 PM
My name is never spelled wrong in my native language.
However, I don't mind people mutating it in different languages nor it's writing.
In German it's Augustin
In English it's August
In Italian it's Agostino

My only opposition is to the use of Augusto, which is the only variant to really annoy me.

And my last name is popular because of relatively recent world history so no misspellings or mispronouncing.

Thufir
2011-02-02, 10:05 PM
Why oh why did I never keep my bank statements organised? Damnit, where could it be...

Serpentine
2011-02-02, 10:59 PM
Names? Yes, all the time. I've had people point-blank disbelieve that my name is not Jessica, and it really bugs me when... well, it goes like this:
"Hi, it's Jessie Sirname here. I'd like to..."
"Okay Jessica, lets just..."
If I wanted to be called Jessica, I would have siad Jessica :smallmad: My mum has a similar issue, with people contracting her name without her permission.
I've also had people spell it Jesse (don't care what anyone says, it's the boys' version), and also Jessy for some reason.
I also have to make sure that I spell my last name, or I get all sorts of oddities. And it's not even a complicated name... 5 letters, one syllable, a fairly common term and the sirname of someone famous. Why is that so hard?

Amiel
2011-02-02, 11:47 PM
My name is apparently rather difficult to pronounce (minor variations in different languages) and even more so to spell; it's a Hebrew name.

Rawhide
2011-02-03, 12:00 AM
Names? Yes, all the time. I've had people point-blank disbelieve that my name is not Jessica, and it really bugs me when... well, it goes like this:
"Hi, it's Jessie Sirname here. I'd like to..."
"Okay Jessica, lets just..."
If I wanted to be called Jessica, I would have siad Jessica :smallmad: My mum has a similar issue, with people contracting her name without her permission.
I've also had people spell it Jesse (don't care what anyone says, it's the boys' version), and also Jessy for some reason.
I also have to make sure that I spell my last name, or I get all sorts of oddities. And it's not even a complicated name... 5 letters, one syllable, a fairly common term and the sirname of someone famous. Why is that so hard?

My last name trumps yours. No one has ever spelt it correctly first guess. I've given up, and in most instances I just say "spell it how you want".

ION: I just called up Dell and successfully made a warranty claim for a laptop that was about a month out of warranty. Yes, they did know that and did it anyway.

Serpentine
2011-02-03, 12:02 AM
My last name trumps yours.Boom boom.
But should your name be really easy?

Rawhide
2011-02-03, 12:05 AM
Boom boom.
But should your name be really easy?

No, yours definitely wins on the "they should know better" front. Mine is extremely difficult, made even more difficult by the fact that there is a more common variant from a different country of origin.

MoonCat
2011-02-03, 12:06 AM
My last name trumps yours. No one has ever spelt it correctly first guess. I've given up, and in most instances I just say "spell it how you want".

ION: I just called up Dell and successfully made a warranty claim for a laptop that was about a month out of warranty. Yes, they did know that and did it anyway.

I had a teacher called Schroeder who's husband's name was Wolodkevitch. Beat that.

Amiel
2011-02-03, 12:07 AM

They must be pining for customers :smalltongue:

Rawhide
2011-02-03, 12:13 AM
I had a teacher called Schroeder who's husband's name was Wolodkevitch. Beat that.
Hey! No kvetch kevitch-ing!

They must be pining for customers :smalltongue:
Say what you want about Dell customer support. But I've only had good experiences with them.

MoonCat
2011-02-03, 12:16 AM
Hey! No kvetch kevitch-ing!

What? :smallconfused:

Rawhide
2011-02-03, 12:23 AM
What? :smallconfused:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/kvetch

MoonCat
2011-02-03, 12:26 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/kvetch

It was his last name! I'm sorry!

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-03, 12:28 AM
Say what you want about Dell customer support. But I've only had good experiences with them.

Me too, they even helped me knowing I had probably voided the warranty by doing some pretty idiotic stuff. Also, they helped me install Linux with GUI and everything.

Amiel
2011-02-03, 12:29 AM
One of my desktops is a Dell (overall it's a pretty solid machine bar the occasional forced restart; though I've already experienced a Blue Screen of Death. Hopefully, I won't need to need to contact customer support any time soon :).

Speaking of names and nominative determinism, apparently there's a dentist/endontist/orthodonist by the name of Dr. Rensch (pronounced wrench).
There's also a doctor involved in paediatric hematology/oncology by the name of Dr. Whitesell.

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-03, 12:32 AM
My sister's dentist (she was the only one to have to use braces) was Dr. Amir Teeth. She eventually married and became Amir Topph.

Rawhide
2011-02-03, 12:35 AM
It was his last name! I'm sorry!

I will use the following picture to demonstrate what happened to my joke.

http://img.ezinemark.com/imagemanager2/files/30004254/2011/01/2011-01-04-17-01-17-4-soldier-fell-flat-on-his-face-after-fainting-at-th.jpeg

Amiel
2011-02-03, 12:38 AM
I absolutely love Wikipedia's list of named examples; a few notables:
Lord Judge, Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales.
Lord Brain, leading neurologist and peer of the realm.
Dr. Richard (insert affectionate diminutive here) Chopp - Famous urologist, specializing in vasectomies.
Eugen Fischer, a Nazi German professor of eugenics.
Cardinal Sin, former Archbishop of Manila.
Louise Story, New York Times journalist.
Christopher Coke, drug-dealer.
John Wisdom, Cambridge philosopher.
J.W. Splatt and D. Weedon, urologists who published several papers on incontinence together.
Layne Beachley, won the surfing World Championship seven times.

The manliest name ever: Sergeant Max Fightmaster.

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-03, 12:38 AM

http://img.ezinemark.com/imagemanager2/files/30004254/2011/01/2011-01-04-17-01-17-4-soldier-fell-flat-on-his-face-after-fainting-at-th.jpeg

I thought you were Australian, not Danish.

Rawhide
2011-02-03, 12:40 AM
I thought you were Australian, not Danish.

Puh-lease, do you think an Australian could fall in such a dignified way?

rayne_dragon
2011-02-03, 12:40 AM
My sister's dentist (she was the only one to have to use braces) was Dr. Amir Teeth. She eventually married and became Amir Topph.

A friend of mine had a dentist named Dr. Payne. :smalleek:

That's the funniest thing I've seen all day. *gives a cookie*

Amiel
2011-02-03, 12:41 AM

Aboslutely (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWK61KDQ0Lc)
Text

MoonCat
2011-02-03, 12:43 AM

*snrk* HAHAHAHA!

Phase
2011-02-03, 12:44 AM

>Australian: Fall in a less dignified manner.

Rawhide
2011-02-03, 12:45 AM
Aboslutely (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWK61KDQ0Lc)

That's hardly dignified :smallcool:, but still untypical of Australian falls. We tend to go more like:

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20031208/sp.jpg

Haruki-kun
2011-02-03, 12:45 AM
Well, they do say a picture's worth a thousand words... :smalltongue:

I wonder if that's correct, though. If you took a .txt file with 1000 words in it and a .png file........ well, you can see where I'm going with this.

Amiel
2011-02-03, 12:54 AM
That's hardly dignified :smallcool:, but still untypical of Australian falls. We tend to go more like:

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20031208/sp.jpg

Well, she's pretty smart, the outstretched arm is clearly to prevent a face-plant, unlike this Australian athlete;
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/03/26/mottram_fall_wideweb__470x282,0.jpg

KuReshtin
2011-02-03, 05:26 AM
People get my surname wrong all the time as well.
Mainly because it's spelled in the Swedish way, and people in the UK aren't used to it.

What irks me, though, is when you even spell it out to them, they still get it wrong.

It's Olsson, Oscar, Lima, Sierra, Sierra, Oscar, November, not Olesen or Olsen, or Ollsen, or Olssen.
Someone even managed to spell my last name wrong three times in a single email, once, not repeating the spelling in either attempt.

Archonic Energy
2011-02-03, 05:48 AM
the number of morons who spell my name wrong then try to tell ME how to spell MY NAME...

*HULK SMASH*

Rawhide
2011-02-03, 07:09 AM
the number of morons who spell my name wrong then try to tell ME how to spell MY NAME...

*HULK SMASH*

Your name is spelt incorrectly. It should be Achronic or Acronyc.

SMEE
2011-02-03, 07:20 AM
Whenever I need to take a plane or check in at a hotel, I need to ask the clerks to check for my surname starting with I, Y or T.
Nearly 6 years working at the same company, with the same clients and they still spell it wrong when buying plane tickets or making hotel reservations. :smallyuk:

Rawhide
2011-02-03, 07:32 AM
Whenever I need to take a plane or check in at a hotel, I need to ask the clerks to check for my surname starting with I, Y or T.
Nearly 6 years working at the same company, with the same clients and they still spell it wrong when buying plane tickets or making hotel reservations. :smallyuk:

T? I can understand confusion between Y and I, but how did T get in there?

Look on the bright side, now that you are a woman, when you get married you may be able to change your name to something easier to spell.

Serpentine
2011-02-03, 07:43 AM
You mean IF she CHOOSES to get married.

Rawhide
2011-02-03, 07:49 AM
You mean IF she CHOOSES to get married.

I'm not about to debate semantics for a comment made in jest. Particularly as I phrased it in a positive way to imply that she will find a special someone she wants to settle down with and that it will be a long and successful relationship. An implication you have now undermined by forcing me to explain it.

SMEE
2011-02-03, 07:53 AM
Oh no, I'm not getting married.
I am not evil enough to impart such terrible fate upon anyone. :smalltongue:

I also wonder how the T ends up there, but it's even more common that the Y. Or the L, which have happened a few times.

KuReshtin
2011-02-03, 08:09 AM
Oh no, I'm not getting married.
I am not evil enough to impart such terrible fate upon anyone. :smalltongue:

I also wonder how the T ends up there, but it's even more common that the Y. Or the L, which have happened a few times.

It's probably due to one person writing it by hand on a piece of paper, then handing it over to someone else who does the actual bookings and the second person just guessing what it says instead of asking for clarification.

My electrical bill is still in the wrong name, even if I've been with them for about 9 years and tried to correct them on several occasions.
After a few tries to get them to change the spelling, I just decided to leave it.

Archonic Energy
2011-02-03, 08:16 AM
Your name is spelt incorrectly. It should be Achronic or Acronyc.

heh, it's not so much Archonic.
but my IRL name...
and they spell it correctly or choose the correct spelling when sending me an E-mail but when they type "Hi Archonyc"...
they just selected it to send me the E-mail!
Grrrrr!

Serpentine
2011-02-03, 08:16 AM
I'm not about to debate semantics for a comment made in jest. Particularly as I phrased it in a positive way to imply that she will find a special someone she wants to settle down with and that it will be a long and successful relationship. An implication you have now undermined by forcing me to explain it.You missed my amusing reference.
Son, I am disappoint.

Asta Kask
2011-02-03, 08:23 AM
How are things in Australia?

*worries*

Rawhide
2011-02-03, 08:24 AM
heh, it's not so much Archonic.
but my IRL name...
and they spell it correctly or choose the correct spelling when sending me an E-mail but when they type "Hi Arconyc"...
they just selected it to send me the E-mail!
Grrrrr!
Oh, and I do know that it's to do with the energy of the Archon unit in Starcraft. So my 'correction' would be incorrect.

You missed my amusing reference.
Son, I am disappoint.

You might want to be more careful how you type/phrase/present things in the future, particularly when you are using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
(Used as example, should be read as if without caps.)
You might also want to identify/explain your references, as I still do not recognise it.

Archonic Energy
2011-02-03, 08:26 AM
You might also want to identify/explain your references, as I still do not recognise it.

oooh.. let me....
Lisa Lionheart from the simpsons when Lisa is reading the lines for the talking doll.

Oh, and I do know that it's to do with the energy of the Archon unit in Starcraft. So my 'correction' would be incorrect.

Edit: strangly it's a I/Y subtitution which normally occurs with my name too...

Rawhide
2011-02-03, 08:32 AM
oooh.. let me....
Lisa Lionheart from the simpsons when Lisa is reading the lines for the talking doll.

Ok, that will be why I didn't notice it. I've never seen it.

Inhuman Bot
2011-02-03, 09:23 AM
So how about that Egypt, huh?
(Speaking out of passion for the wounded, not political change.)

Edit: This is brought on by the fact a recent clash has resulted in 5 more dead.

Serpentine
2011-02-03, 10:13 AM
Ok, that will be why I didn't notice it. I've never seen it.Pity. It was a pretty funny joke I made.

SMEE
2011-02-03, 10:32 AM
I missed it pretty badly too. :smallfrown:
I am pretty sure I have seen such episode, but they are dubbed here, so...

Haruki-kun
2011-02-03, 04:18 PM
+1 to didn't see it.

Actually I didn't start watching the simpsons until well into adolescence. My parents wouldn't let me as a kid. And I probably wouldn't have got the jokes anyway.

The Mexican dubs were pretty good, though. A lot of peoplehere say they prefer them to the original.

Rawhide
2011-02-03, 05:01 PM
Pity. It was a pretty funny joke I made.

I disagree. I didn't find it funny at all. Even after knowing the reference.

Lex-Kat
2011-02-03, 07:06 PM
Has there really been 153 other Hot 'n Holy Random Banter threads? :smallconfused:

Worira
2011-02-03, 07:15 PM
No, there have been 152.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-02-03, 07:18 PM
Has there really been 153 other Hot 'n Holy Random Banter threads? :smallconfused:

No. There should be an AKA between Holy and Random.

KuReshtin
2011-02-03, 07:19 PM
I have to admit that I'm feeling a bit stupid right now.

I just realised that Inigo Montoya is the lead guy (Gideon) of the team in 'Criminal Minds'.
How could I have missed that?

AtlanteanTroll
2011-02-03, 07:31 PM
I have to admit that I'm feeling a bit stupid right now.

I just realised that Inigo Montoya is the lead guy (Gideon) of the team in 'Criminal Minds'.
How could I have missed that?

Because it didn't occur to you because you weren't filled with the last minute panic of preparing to die?

Serpentine
2011-02-03, 09:50 PM
I disagree. I didn't find it funny at all. Even after knowing the reference.Yeesh, what's with the attitude? :smallconfused: I make a passing joke and you wail on me for it? Man.
I'll be sure to put my sense of humour on the backburner for a while, or at least make sure I carefully reference every detail of it :smallannoyed:

CrimsonAngel
2011-02-03, 10:29 PM
Big Bang Theory was almost over and THEY CUT OFF THE ENDING! To tell us it was going to snow! AGAIN!!! :smallfurious:

CynicalAvocado
2011-02-03, 11:03 PM
remind me to never duel this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGmYzOi1BUE&feature=player_embedded):smalleek:

Rawhide
2011-02-03, 11:44 PM
Yeesh, what's with the attitude? :smallconfused: I make a passing joke and you wail on me for it? Man.
I'll be sure to put my sense of humour on the backburner for a while, or at least make sure I carefully reference every detail of it :smallannoyed:

There's no attitude. It's a simple statement of fact.

For the future, you may want to remember a few things. First, inflection, tone, nonverbal clues and many of the other things that jokes/sarcasm/etc rely on do not translate well through the written medium. Additional clues are often required to indicate that a comment is made jest, particularly with an aggressively phrased comment. Sometimes these clues include smilies such as the winking smiley or a brief explanation such as "j/k" or "(joking)" or even closing fake bb tags such as "[/sarcasm]" to indicate sarcasm.

Using all capital letters in written communication means that you are yelling. This goes for whole sentences or single words and can change the interpretation of the entire sentence. Generally, you should avoid using all capital letters in almost all circumstances.

You can't expect people to notice a reference even if they have read/watched/seen/heard the original in question. If you want people to get it, or at least know that you are attempting a reference, there are some simple things you can do, like adding a marker to indicate who said it, such as "-Banjo the Clown". This would go a long way in indicating that you're not actually saying something, but quoting someone for humour value.

Serpentine
2011-02-03, 11:52 PM
The capitalisation was an attempt to get the inflection and tone found in the source. Regardless, I hardly think the fact that a passing joke fell flat due to an unexpected lack of familiarity with the reference justifies continued belittling of someone who was just trying to be a bit funny.
See you next Random Banter :smallannoyed:

Coidzor
2011-02-04, 12:08 AM
^: :smallfrown:

remind me to never duel this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGmYzOi1BUE&feature=player_embedded):smalleek:

Did he get kicked in the gut or the crotch? I can't really tell. :smallconfused:

Rawhide
2011-02-04, 12:57 AM
The capitalisation was an attempt to get the inflection and tone found in the source. Regardless, I hardly think the fact that a passing joke fell flat due to an unexpected lack of familiarity with the reference justifies continued belittling of someone who was just trying to be a bit funny.
See you next Random Banter :smallannoyed:

There has been no belittling.

Like I said, capitalisation is yelling and did not create the inflection you wanted. All in all, your comment came across as very antagonistic and rude.

Serpentine
2011-02-04, 01:22 AM
So did yours, so I guess we're even.

Lex-Kat
2011-02-04, 01:29 AM
So, the latest Darths and Droids (#0527 (http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0527.html)) linked to OotS # 0322 when discussing Owlbears in their comments section.

I thought it was really cool. And the Article they link to about stupid monsters in D & D was pretty funny as well. :smallsmile:

Rawhide
2011-02-04, 01:29 AM
So did yours, so I guess we're even.

Defensive, maybe. I was rather upset by your remark and the implication that I was inconsiderate. And, to date, I still have not received an apology.

The rest was to help you avoid making the same mistake with others in the future.

Serpentine
2011-02-04, 01:32 AM
To be frank, I'm not actually sure what it is I would have been saying if I were serious.

Moff Chumley
2011-02-04, 01:39 AM
Ugh. Feel absolutely terrible, and I have no idea why. >.<

Skeppio
2011-02-04, 01:42 AM
Defensive, maybe. I was rather upset by your remark and the implication that I was inconsiderate. And, to date, I still have not received an apology.

Rawhide, your comments came across just as antagonistic as hers, if not more so. Looking back on the posts, I'm getting a "sheesh, lighten up" tome from Serps and a distinct passive-aggressive tone from you. I mean, sure it wasn't a stellar delivery of a joke, but you could have dealt with that a lot better than you did, Rawhide. Maybe you should be apologising too. :smallannoyed:

Rawhide
2011-02-04, 01:50 AM
Rawhide, your comments came across just as antagonistic as hers, if not more so. Looking back on the posts, I'm getting a "sheesh, lighten up" tome from Serps and a distinct passive-aggressive tone from you. I mean, sure it wasn't a stellar delivery of a joke, but you could have dealt with that a lot better than you did, Rawhide. Maybe you should be apologising too. :smallannoyed:

I fail to see how it was in any way "passive-agressive". I have explained why it was interpreted the way it was and how it could be avoided in the future. I have stated nothing but fact and offered helpful advice.

Rawhide
2011-02-04, 02:05 AM
Er, I agree with Skeppio here. While tone is hard to convey via text, it's certainly possible, and the manner in which you stated facts and offered helpful advice was rather passive-aggressive, for want of a better term, at least to my eyes.

I've looked up the meaning of passive-agressive again, and once again fail to see how it could possibly be classified as such.

This, on the other hand, could very well fall in that category:

Skeppio
2011-02-04, 02:06 AM
I fail to see how it was in any way "passive-agressive". I have explained why it was interpreted the way it was and how it could be avoided in the future. I have stated nothing but fact and offered helpful advice.

I know that's what you intended, but it's not how you were coming across. I'm just trying to help, like you were trying to help Serps, by explaining how your posts are being interpreted.

Rawhide
2011-02-04, 02:13 AM
I know that's what you intended, but it's not how you were coming across. I'm just trying to help, like you were trying to help Serps, by explaining how your posts are being interpreted.

Honestly, I believe the issue had been resolved well enough with my and Serpentine's last comments. I believe she was aware that I was not trying to belittle her, but rather be helpful, that my first post was defensive at most because she had upset me with her previous tone and implication, and there was no need for me to make a further comment. I had taken the time to explain myself and elaborate on my advice where I felt it was warranted and I felt that, while it wasn't explicitly stated, this had been taken on board and the matter was at a sufficient state of resolution to let it lay.

Also, I'd have given the same advice if I had seen the miscommunication from an outside point of view, but I believe your interpretation of it would be different.

Heliomance
2011-02-04, 03:18 AM
Aaaahhhhhh. Whoever invented tea was a saint. I got far too little sleep last night (entirely my own fault), but I've got a mug of tea and I'm starting to feel a bit more human. Bliss.

EDIT: I felt in need of a second cup. On the one hand, I'm late to my lecture. As usual. On the other hand, tea <3

Coidzor
2011-02-04, 03:57 AM
It is rather nifty. I found one of my parents' old wedding presents, a beat-up copper kettle, in the garage a month back and have been able to enjoy proper tea for the first time in years.

Don't drink enough of it, partly because my parents overstock the cupboard so that I have the daunting task of replacing the 5 boxes that fall out just from having the door open... :smallsigh:

I've also found that I keep hearing that song, Cup of Brown Joy, in my head whenever I hear or see someone mention tea. Which is better than having Robotnik's Tea Party start playing, I can assure you...

Serpentine
2011-02-04, 04:19 AM
I made a passing reference which I expected to be harmless to what I believed to be a fairly well-known episode from an international pop-culture icon which fell flat because of an unexpected ignorance of said reference. You spent a good part of a page of this thread explaining in excruciating detail why I am astoundingly unfunny.
I apologise for not making it clearer that I wasn't serious. It simply didn't occur to me that it might be an issue.
However, I do not apologise for offending you for the simple reason that I don't understand how it is I did offend you - to repeat, I have no idea what it is I would have been saying if I were serious - and I certainly don't apologise for failing to adhere perfectly to the unwritten guidelines for textual communication that you insist upon.
Finally, I don't know about passive-agressive, but
I disagree. I didn't find it funny at all. Even after knowing the reference.was certainly unnecessary and offensive :smallannoyed:

I really ought to try that recipe for chai my dad's girlfriend gave me...

Rawhide
2011-02-04, 04:46 AM
I made a passing reference which I expected to be harmless to what I believed to be a fairly well-known episode from an international pop-culture icon which fell flat because of an unexpected ignorance of said reference. You spent a good part of a page of this thread explaining in excruciating detail why I am astoundingly unfunny.
I apologise for not making it clearer that I wasn't serious. It simply didn't occur to me that it might be an issue.
However, I do not apologise for offending you for the simple reason that I don't understand how it is I did offend you - to repeat, I have no idea what it is I would have been saying if I were serious - and I certainly don't apologise for failing to adhere perfectly to the unwritten guidelines for textual communication that you insist upon.
Finally, I don't know about passive-agressive, but was certainly unnecessary and offensive :smallannoyed:

I really ought to try that recipe for chai my dad's girlfriend gave me...

The explanation was not about why it was unfunny, the explanation was about why your comment was interpreted the way it was and how you can help avoid that in the future.

I am explaining these common decencies in communication because they help you (and others) avoid misunderstanding and worse. There are some people who could probably have avoided a warning or infraction if they had chosen their words more carefully. They are a part of netiquette and integral in all text based communication. If you decide not to heed to my advice, you are much more likely to upset or offend other people without intending to through miscommunication.

I made a comment that was both in jest and phrased in a positive/optimistic way to SMEE, that joked about a possible name change in the future and implied that she would find that special someone that she wants to settle down with and who never wants to leave her side. To which I received, in a written yelling voice, a rather antagonistic reply (which also seemed overly pedantic) effectively implying that I had offended you and other women due to my choice of words. There are much better ways you could have made the joke and, if you did want to discuss the choice of words seriously, there would be far better ways to raise that.

I have since tried to explain this, why it happened, and offer suggestions to prevent this in the future, which has so far been met with nothing but hostility.

Finally, noting my disagreement with you was merely a statement of fact. I did not find it funny at all, even after learning the reference. It was not an insult and has nothing to do with the explanations and advice offered.

Lex-Kat
2011-02-04, 05:28 AM
Can we just say that it was an honest miscommunication on the part of both parties involved, and leave it at that? :smallfrown:

Serpentine
2011-02-04, 05:30 AM
So, in conclusion, we've both insulted each other and neither concede any wrongdoing.

New order of business: anything but The Simpsons :smallsigh:

Coidzor
2011-02-04, 06:45 AM
Well, I've been noticing that in my archive trawling of various people I like on the internet who produce entertaining content, that since I woke up from my last sleep cycle there's been a trend of persona 4 references.

Also, I've been considering changing my name, what with how it seems too mockable to the point where I've not been able to tell the difference between someone just using it casually and someone intentionally mocking me.

But that may just be me being paranoid.

KuReshtin
2011-02-04, 06:46 AM
I'm all excited about the upcoming weekend.
A couple of really interesting sporting events.

UFC 126: Silva vs Belfort on Saturday night, then the Super Bowl on Sunday night.
Can't wait.

Eldpollard
2011-02-04, 07:19 AM
I'm all excited about the upcoming weekend.
A couple of really interesting sporting events.

UFC 126: Silva vs Belfort on Saturday night, then the Super Bowl on Sunday night.
Can't wait.

I have a five day weekend today. Life sure is troublesome at times. I'll be spending it with friends and caffeine. Caffeine is also a friend.

CynicalAvocado
2011-02-04, 07:58 AM
Did he get kicked in the gut or the crotch? I can't really tell. :smallconfused:

i'd say crotchn judging by the way he fell

Archonic Energy
2011-02-04, 08:02 AM
Caffeine is also a friend.

not at 4am it's not....
:smallamused:

Additional:
was just sent a E-mail from someone as work asking "any questions please contact me"

strangely they wern't surprised at my response

What are this week’s lottery numbers?
Why is the sky blue?
How do you travel faster than light in this universe?
Are these the droids you are looking for?

KuReshtin
2011-02-04, 09:14 AM
Additional:
was just sent a E-mail from someone as work asking "any questions please contact me"

strangely they wern't surprised at my response

I wonder why. They are, of course, very reasonable questions.

Haruki-kun
2011-02-04, 12:35 PM
So, trying to go home for the weekend I bought a bus ticked. Bus arrives I go to get on,and the lady says, "oh, but wait, first I have to check if there's available seats on the bus, if there aren't you have to go on the next bus. She gets on, comes back down and says "no, sir, sorry, next bus." An hour from now.

I was just sold a ticket to a bus that was full. What the hell? :smallmad:

MoonCat
2011-02-04, 03:47 PM

Can we just say that it was an honest miscommunication on the part of both parties involved, and leave it at that? :smallfrown:

Did Lex-Kat get possessed? Her speech balloons have changed. :smalltongue:

Thufir
2011-02-04, 05:13 PM

:confused:

No they haven't.

MoonCat
2011-02-04, 05:30 PM
:confused:

No they haven't.

They are purple. Or is this just something she does I've never seen before?

Lex-Kat
2011-02-04, 07:02 PM
I add color, usually, to my posts. It's DarkOrchid. :smallsmile:

When you are posting, the normal colors are under the big capital 'A' with a thick black bar under and a small arrow to the left of it. Click that, and you are given a selection of 40 colors to choose from.

MoonCat
2011-02-04, 07:18 PM
I add color, usually, to my posts. It's DarkOrchid. :smallsmile:

When you are posting, the normal colors are under the big capital 'A' with a thick black bar under and a small arrow to the left of it. Click that, and you are given a selection of 40 colors to choose from.

I know how, I'm just wondering why. For fun?

rayne_dragon
2011-02-04, 07:20 PM
I think I may have to start doing this... but with a different colour because I don't want to be a complete rip-off. The Dark Orchid colour is very pretty though.

MoonCat
2011-02-04, 07:21 PM
I agree, those are all lovely colors. I'd do it if I wasn't so often in threads where I need to type quickly (debates, quiz, others...)

Lex-Kat
2011-02-04, 07:29 PM
I know how, I'm just wondering why. For fun?
Oh. :smallredface:

I do it, because I like the color, and it makes me stand out from the rest. And it's fun. :smallbiggrin:

CynicalAvocado
2011-02-04, 07:31 PM
hm, maybe navy. my avy has a bit of a blue theme going on:smalltongue:

Thufir
2011-02-04, 08:03 PM
They are purple. Or is this just something she does I've never seen before?

Yeah, but saying they've changed implies that they were different at some point. Lex has DarkOrchid speech balloons, but she's always had them.

Lex-Kat
2011-02-04, 08:20 PM
She may not have noticed them. I do sometimes accidently forget to color them. :smallredface: Sorry.

MoonCat
2011-02-04, 09:23 PM
She may not have noticed them. I do sometimes accidently forget to color them. :smallredface: Sorry.

I don't think I've seen you post that often, we may frequent different threads. I've never seen this phenomenon before. But it's a cool idea, so stop blushing apologies. :smallsmile:

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-04, 09:45 PM
hm, maybe navy. my avy has a bit of a blue theme going on:smalltongue:

Why not Orange?

Lex-Kat
2011-02-04, 09:59 PM
I would think dark green. Aren't avocado's green?

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-04, 10:11 PM
I would think dark green. Aren't avocado's green?

Tang is orange however.

rayne_dragon
2011-02-04, 10:13 PM
I think navy is better... it suits him. I rather like this SeaGreen for myself, though.

MoonCat
2011-02-04, 10:20 PM
Tang is orange however.

I know what color Pink Haired August should be! :smalltongue: Brown

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-04, 10:40 PM
I know what color Pink Haired August should be! :smalltongue: Brown

Light-Blue?Actually Medium Turquoise.

rayne_dragon
2011-02-04, 10:47 PM
I was going to suggest white. :smalltongue:

MoonCat
2011-02-04, 10:59 PM
I was going to suggest white. :smalltongue:

No, that's my color, definitely. Just ask Pink Haired August how he got his name

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-04, 11:13 PM
No, that's my color, definitely. Just ask Pink Haired August how he got his name

It's right there in my sig. Click the differently coloured word.

Haruki-kun
2011-02-04, 11:23 PM
I'm generally blue. I like blue. Blue is under-rated.

I don't usually make entire posts blue, though. Last time I did this I was campaigning for Angel ITP.

Heliomance
2011-02-04, 11:23 PM
So what is aravwiewopgrnevisenzvruga an anagram of? I think I can just about see "august" in there, but the rest remains a mystery.

Also, I hereby move that you be elected Playgrounder With The Hardest To Remember Name

Haruki-kun
2011-02-04, 11:25 PM
So what is aravwiewopgrnevisenzvruga an anagram of? I think I can just about see "august" in there, but the rest remains a mystery.

Also, I hereby move that you be elected Playgrounder With The Hardest To Remember Name

*looks at name* It's... Agustin Guevara backwards? Right? I only just realized that.... <.<

Partof1
2011-02-04, 11:29 PM
I would take orange, being a ginger, but I am a forgetful ginger, and would get inconsistent.

In other news, I had a wacky dream. I went through a portal that formed in the back of my dresser drawer to a place that was made of girders, and 2x4's, like a building not yet built. I saw my friends there, and recall being told hat the place was "All of the world". The oddest part was that time moved variably, or at least, my perception did. It started normal, then, as I first saw familiar faces, it moved very slowly, and I found it difficult to communicate. Then, I look at my phone, and noticed that i recieved suddenly many messages, and they kept piling on, before time slowed again to normal.

It was cool. Then my mom woke me up to tell me I had a snow day.

The coolest part, is that i think I know how it happened, so I may be a step closer to controlling my dreams :smalltongue:

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-04, 11:31 PM
*looks at name* It's... Agustin Guevara backwards? Right?

Nope, it's Tea Saving Augur or A Tea Saving Guru.

When you get the phonetics down it's easy to remember as there are little alternate ways of writing it down. Say it out loud right once and you will be able to write it down consistently.

Thufir
2011-02-04, 11:36 PM
When you get the phonetics down it's easy to remember

No. No it's not.
Doesn't help it's not very pronounceable either, of course, also length.

Haruki-kun
2011-02-04, 11:38 PM

Seriously? Then that is one heck of a coincidence. :smalltongue:

MoonCat
2011-02-05, 12:18 AM
It's right there in my sig. Click the differently coloured word.

I know, that's why I changed the white text :smalltongue: I suppose it's silly for me to feel so proud I said something about someone it ended up in their sig, but it makes me inordinately happy. It's like I have a tiny space on the forum where I'm not just another poster. :smallsmile: You should click the link now.

Coidzor
2011-02-05, 02:51 AM

Huh.

...Actually I still don't get it.

Though it does make me think "A Grave Kitsune," would be a good band name. Not on the level of Black Widow and the Spinnerettes or anything like that, but, eh.

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-05, 02:55 AM
Huh.

...Actually I still don't get it.

Though it does make me think "A Grave Kitsune," would be a good band name. Not on the level of Black Widow and the Spinnerettes or anything like that, but, eh.

You can rearrange the letters of those sentences into araveugnitsuga

As you can with "A Grave Kitsune" into "Vague Tea Rinks"
or "Black Widow" into "Lack Bid Wow"

Moff Chumley
2011-02-05, 05:17 AM
The last 48 hours, and most likely the next 24 or so, have been altogether too bizarre. Whether it's good or bad I don't know. :smallsigh:

But me and a friend did decide that we're road tripping through Oregon and Washington, so playgrounders in that area should let me know and we'll crib gas money off of you. :smallsmile:

Coidzor
2011-02-05, 05:20 AM
Aww. I'm not gonna be there when you go through. :smallfrown:

Almost got me wishing I'd have gotten back before now.

Thufir
2011-02-05, 09:14 AM
I know, that's why I changed the white text :smalltongue: I suppose it's silly for me to feel so proud I said something about someone it ended up in their sig, but it makes me inordinately happy. It's like I have a tiny space on the forum where I'm not just another poster. :smallsmile: You should click the link now.

Nah, that's pretty normal. People like it when they get sigged.

Skeppio
2011-02-05, 09:20 AM

Doesn't sound silly to me. It kinda says to me that they found the post amusing/interesting and wanted others to see it, and by extension, the poster behind it. Sounds quite nice actually. :smallredface:

absolmorph
2011-02-05, 11:41 AM
Most of this week, I've been waking up at 9 to do school work.
Today, when I'm finally done with the semester, I woke up at 8.
:smallfrown:
Where has the sleeping in time gone?

Moff Chumley
2011-02-05, 12:58 PM
Aww. I'm not gonna be there when you go through. :smallfrown:

Almost got me wishing I'd have gotten back before now.

It'd be some time this summer, if that makes a difference.

CurlyKitGirl
2011-02-05, 01:25 PM
I've gotten my days backwards again. Minutely distressing.

I had another very odd dream last night, but I don't know if I should relate it to you all, you're probably very bored of my dreams by now.

KuReshtin
2011-02-05, 01:54 PM
Izzat...? Izzat puppy in Koorly's avatar wielding a chainsaw?
Yes, I know it's a cat and not a puppy. I just like puppies better.
I think my sister will not be pleased with me when she gets her package with Pop-Tarts that I posted today.
Well, at least one of the two parcels will make her not pleased with me, considering I wrapped it in "Happy Wedding Day" wrapping paper.
Going to be fun to hear her reaction, though. :smallbiggrin:

Archonic Energy
2011-02-05, 02:16 PM
I think my sister will not be pleased with me when she gets her package with Pop-Tarts that I posted today.
Well, at least one of the two parcels will make her not pleased with me, considering I wrapped it in "Happy Wedding Day" wrapping paper.

that's just EVIL...
though not as evil as sending her a birthday card of the next landmark birthday... :smallbiggrin:
i've not sent a 30 Yr old a 40th card... no sirree..

In Other News: just spent most of the day watching "Fast & loose" the new BBC comedy show... the Interpretive Dance sections have had me in stitches!

KuReshtin
2011-02-05, 04:00 PM
that's just EVIL...
though not as evil as sending her a birthday card of the next landmark birthday... :smallbiggrin:
i've not sent a 30 Yr old a 40th card... no sirree..

In Other News: just spent most of the day watching "Fast & loose" the new BBC comedy show... the Interpretive Dance sections have had me in stitches!

Well, last time I sent stuff to them back home, I superglued the side flaps on the package, and then used clear packing tape to make it look as if they were only taped together.
My mom apparently had a bit of trouble opening that.

Oh, and to be even more evil about the whole 'Happy Wedding Day' wrapping,
I addressed it to her workplace. :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

I also sent a Christmas card to my cousin for her 10th birthday.
Well... When I say 'a Christmas card', I meant two.
Separately.
There might have been different designs on each.:smallredface:

CurlyKitGirl
2011-02-05, 04:33 PM

Yes, that's a 'puppy' in my avvie wielding a chainsaw. It doesn't want to be eated by the zomKoorly.
If you look close enough you'll see the chainsaw is actually a part of the 'puppy''s leg a la Bruce Campbell.

And I didn't even request this one either.

You devilish person you. And to her workplace, there'll be emails or phone calls or something I'm guessing.

ION:
I have hot chocolate. Should it be now or later?
As extra information, I have exactly one sachet.

Ranger Mattos
2011-02-05, 04:42 PM
ION:
I have hot chocolate. Should it be now or later?
As extra information, I have exactly one sachet.

Now. Hot chocolate should always be drank as soon as you get it.

MoonCat
2011-02-05, 05:00 PM
Just thinking about hot chocolate, I have some that has dried chili pepper powder mixed in. Thoughts?

Teddy
2011-02-05, 05:41 PM
Just thinking about hot chocolate, I have some that has dried chili pepper powder mixed in. Thoughts?

Add mint. FOR SCIENCE! :smallbiggrin:

I've always wondered what happens when you ingest a substance which stimulates your heat-sensing nerv cells (such as chili), and one which stimulates the cold-sensing ones (such as mint). The fact that both of them can be used together with chocolate just increases my curiosity.

KuReshtin
2011-02-05, 05:49 PM
You devilish person you. And to her workplace, there'll be emails or phone calls or something I'm guessing.

To make the whole thing even more fun, she works in the store that is owned by my parents. :smallbiggrin:

MoonCat
2011-02-05, 06:13 PM

I've always wondered what happens when you ingest a substance which stimulates your heat-sensing nerv cells (such as chili), and one which stimulates the cold-sensing ones (such as mint). The fact that both of them can be used together with chocolate just increases my curiosity.

I have mint leaves in my garden. I'm making some right now. :smallbiggrin:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-02-05, 06:18 PM
And now I just cant help but think of Choclat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolat_(2000_film)).

MoonCat
2011-02-05, 06:22 PM

Yum. Very interesting. After a few sips I added cinnamon-sugar as well. :smallbiggrin:

wadledo
2011-02-05, 08:08 PM
So, random question:

What happened to a lot of the old guard?
Going to college put me out of the loop for the past couple years, and whenever I mean to jump back in I find it difficult to understand the younger generation of forumites.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-02-05, 10:09 PM
Yum. Very interesting. After a few sips I added cinnamon-sugar as well. :smallbiggrin:

That sounds amazing.

Do you have one of those little air-adding machines? I got one, y'fill it with water, boil the water, put the little nozzle in the hot chocolate, and pull the trigger, and it makes the hot chocolate so light and fluffy and delicious and amazing.
:D
:smallbiggrin:

So, random question:

Going to college put me out of the loop for the past couple years, and whenever I mean to jump back in I find it difficult to understand the younger generation of forumites.

Yeah, I haven't seen you in a long time. Welcome back.

People drift off, new people come, it doesn't seem so sudden if you've been on for the whole time. There are still a good amount of people here, Serp, Sneak, people around way before me. But yeah, a lot of people just ended up drifting away.

MoonCat
2011-02-05, 10:33 PM
That sounds amazing.

Do you have one of those little air-adding machines? I got one, y'fill it with water, boil the water, put the little nozzle in the hot chocolate, and pull the trigger, and it makes the hot chocolate so light and fluffy and delicious and amazing.
:D
:smallbiggrin:

I don't, but I do have a hand sized, battery-powered frother...

Serpentine
2011-02-05, 10:34 PM
Heeeeey, Wadledo! :D VT's still kickin' about, too.

wadledo
2011-02-06, 01:29 AM
It also seems a lot slower, since I recall Saturday nights as a time when you would post at the beginning of a page and end up on the next page, what with all those lonely people out there. C'est la vie I suppose.

CynicalAvocado
2011-02-06, 01:40 AM
serps, your avy is giving me a nosebleed:smalltongue:

Serpentine
2011-02-06, 01:46 AM
Ew :smallyuk:

CynicalAvocado
2011-02-06, 01:54 AM

it's a joke.

rayne_dragon
2011-02-06, 02:18 AM
It also seems a lot slower, since I recall Saturday nights as a time when you would post at the beginning of a page and end up on the next page, what with all those lonely people out there. C'est la vie I suppose.

Weekdays seem more popular these days... not sure why. I would have presumed people have their D&D games on weekends at least.

it's a joke.

I don't get it. If you had a crick in your neck, I would have understood, but nosebleed? :smallconfused:

Coidzor
2011-02-06, 02:19 AM

:smallwink: It brings a smile to my face, that's for sure.
Probably because it amuses me.

CynicalAvocado
2011-02-06, 02:28 AM
Weekdays seem more popular these days... not sure why. I would have presumed people have their D&D games on weekends at least.

I don't get it. If you had a crick in your neck, I would have understood, but nosebleed? :smallconfused:

in most animes i've watched when a pretty girl walks in someone gets a nosebleed.

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-06, 02:33 AM
I'll let tvtropes explain this.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Nosebleed

CynicalAvocado
2011-02-06, 02:35 AM
I'll let tvtropes explain this.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Nosebleed

parts of that make me sound liek a skeeze now

Lex-Kat
2011-02-06, 02:39 AM
:smalltongue: That's what I was thinking, when you first wrote it. :smallbiggrin:

Coidzor
2011-02-06, 02:40 AM
^: Yeah, I pretty much got it immediately.

...Upon reading the tvtropes article though, there's just something.... off about the phrase "a pair of well-filled panties." :smalleek:

...How would Serps' avatar give one a crick in the neck? :smallconfused:

I just... have no idea where that came from.

In other news, seeing one's cousin go through life basically being a better version of one's own childhood is just creepy. I mean, it's bad enough that he looks a lot like I did at that age, that he's better at our common interests at his age than I am now, and is actually just plain smarter than I am. But he also has to go and do everything that I ever failed at as a kid and succeed.

...Just bizarre.

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-06, 02:41 AM
...How would Serps' avatar give one a crick in the neck? :smallconfused:

I just... have no idea where that came from.

In other news, seeing one's cousin go through life basically being a better version of one's own childhood is just creepy. I mean, it's bad enough that he looks a lot like I did at that age, that he's better at our common interests at his age than I am now, and is actually just plain smarter than I am. But he also has to go and do everything that I ever failed at as a kid and succeed.

...Just bizarre.

He is failing somewhere else, I assure you, being a cousin that goes through life better, he just knows how to hide it.

You name it, it can be faked.
More knowledge - Read more wikipedia on subjects you can predict will crop up.
Better at sports - Invite food before actual competition
Better at school - Sacrifice Social life.
Better at Social Skills - Claim an internet following.
Better at playing musical instrument - Learn on improvisation and common chord progression (though this may be limited to piano).
Better at math - Learn the tricks to each section of it.

Everything can be faked and covered rather succesfully.

CynicalAvocado
2011-02-06, 02:52 AM
He is failing somewhere else, I assure you, being a cousin that goes through life better, he just knows how to hide it.

You name it, it can be faked.
More knowledge - Read more wikipedia on subjects you can predict will crop up.
Better at sports - Invite food before actual competition
Better at school - Sacrifice Social life.
Better at Social Skills - Claim an internet following.
Better at playing musical instrument - Learn on improvisation and common chord progression (though this may be limited to piano).
Better at math - Learn the tricks to each section of it.

Everything can be faked and covered rather succesfully.

that's how i got through high school

ION:i love everything about this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZlVaAMsoM8&feature=fvwrel)

Partof1
2011-02-06, 02:56 AM
I bet that would be weird. Though my one cousin and I are more or less parallel. He's a bit more social, I have a slight advantage in academics.

absolmorph
2011-02-06, 03:09 AM
So, I started posting on a Pokemon RP forum.
The battles use dice rolls to determine what happens.
We use a 6-sided dice simulator.
Two attacks.
Both were 1s.
The dice hate me. I EXPECTED this.
ARGH.
STUPID.
FRIG.
fsfd -foams at mouth-

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-06, 03:12 AM
So, I started posting on a Pokemon RP forum.
The battles use dice rolls to determine what happens.
We use a 6-sided dice simulator.
Two attacks.
Both were 1s.
The dice hate me. I EXPECTED this.
ARGH.
STUPID.
FRIG.
fsfd -foams at mouth-

Aren't the games pretty much this while also allowing a fair degree of munchkinery derived from all of the IV/EV calculations which can pretty much nullify the randomness factor?

Better yet, didn't smogon had a battle simulator in which you could build theoretical parties and pit them against other players online?

Coidzor
2011-02-06, 03:12 AM

To be sure, some of it must be, with the nature of who and what people are.

But many of the things he would have no way of having known and yet still it syncs up. It's quite annoyingly weird.

Though I wouldn't really characterize learning to play by ear and improvise as faking musical skill so much as actually being essential skills of being a musician.

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-06, 03:21 AM
Though I wouldn't really characterize learning to play by ear and improvise as faking musical skill so much as actually being essential skills of being a musician.

Not if they act as a replacement to reading skills which I heavily lack and have at the time no intention of compensating. I memorize everything. I can't read yet I'm in the school orchestra and have been for 5 years as of now, have been on the school band and helped on several bands. It's cranking a skill to the point it's pretty much everything I can do, yet it works out because it looks good and it's showy. I mean, I made a simple Ice Cream progression a whole half-hour piece while my cousin had to study for weeks to be able to successfully pull a nine minute piece and yet I got more credit then he did.

Serpentine
2011-02-06, 03:29 AM
it's a joke.No, I got it. It's just a... thing I find generally distasteful :smallyuk: Not your fault or anything, just the general... thing (and its popularity amongst a crowd already tending towards annoyingness).

Coidzor
2011-02-06, 03:32 AM
No, I got it. It's just a... thing I find generally distasteful :smallyuk: Not your fault or anything, just the general... thing (and its popularity amongst a crowd already tending towards annoyingness).

I wouldn't say it's popular so much as... well known.

wadledo
2011-02-06, 03:33 AM
No, I got it. It's just a... thing I find generally distasteful :smallyuk: Not your fault or anything, just the general... thing (and its popularity amongst a crowd already tending towards annoyingness).

I remember when I first joined you weren't adverse to moronic complements.:smalltongue:

Gods I feel old sometimes.

absolmorph
2011-02-06, 03:58 AM
Aren't the games pretty much this while also allowing a fair degree of munchkinery derived from all of the IV/EV calculations which can pretty much nullify the randomness factor?

Better yet, didn't smogon had a battle simulator in which you could build theoretical parties and pit them against other players online?
I didn't come up with the system they're currently using. I am, however, going to rebuild it. Mostly on my own. Because I don't have anything to do this weekend.

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-06, 04:19 AM
I didn't come up with the system they're currently using. I am, however, going to rebuild it. Mostly on my own. Because I don't have anything to do this weekend.

Please tell me it includes IVs, EVs, Stat related calculation influencing the attacks and the attacks having both an accuracy modified rolled and a Power Output modified Roll.

Serpentine
2011-02-06, 04:53 AM
I remember when I first joined you weren't adverse to moronic complements.:smalltongue:I'm not it's just that that one is gross and stupid :smalltongue:Wait, what are you referring to, specifically?

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-06, 05:00 AM
I'm not it's just that that one is gross and stupid :smalltongue:Wait, what are you referring to, specifically?

I wouldn't call it stupid, geeky perhaps, seeing as it is mainly an anime thing.

absolmorph
2011-02-06, 05:07 AM
Please tell me it includes IVs, EVs, Stat related calculation influencing the attacks and the attacks having both an accuracy modified rolled and a Power Output modified Roll.
Oh, jeez.
It's gonna be simplified (a lot), but it's gonna be a decent simulation of it. I'm probably not going to use stat calculations much (so that favorite Pokemon can be used without gimping yourself), but I'm gonna have a decent model for accuracy, damage, stat boosts and status effects.
I'm trying to balance "accurate" and a minimization of equations.

wadledo
2011-02-06, 05:11 AM
I wouldn't call it stupid, geeky perhaps, seeing as it is mainly an anime thing.

I agree with Serpe, mostly. The joke is very old by now.

Serpentine
2011-02-06, 05:13 AM
It's stupid in anime. I'm doing my best to avoid throwing it back onto poor Avocado, because it's not (just) the use of it, but it's its very existance and original usage that I find gross and dumb.

Coidzor
2011-02-06, 05:16 AM
Well, it's a bit hard to just go out and say it's nice to meet the twins and all.

Don't really get the gross part, since I can never really take anime blood seriously anyway. Even when they're using it seriously. Certainly can see how it's dumb to some though. I mostly view it as silly and try to forget it exists myself.

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-06, 05:22 AM
I find it kinda funny, but I haven't seen that many animes where there were nosebleeds, and in manga they are quite humorous at times, though that may because of the amount of nose bleeds in Negima where both sides of the gender pool get nosebleeds.

It is however, a useful too for gauging the seriousness of a determined work.

Amiel
2011-02-06, 05:38 AM

One presumes it's due to some form of iron deficiency :smalltongue:

Fredaintdead
2011-02-06, 07:43 AM
Good afternoon you lovely bunch of people. I feel great, how about you?

Haruki-kun
2011-02-06, 12:25 PM

Well, I could be better. But then again I suppose I could be worse.

Fredaintdead
2011-02-06, 12:34 PM
Well, I could be better. But then again I suppose I could be worse.

Something wrong?

Phase
Well I went to a Pendulum concert last night.

Gotta say, I don't think I've had a more exhilarating experience, like, ever in my life. My body parts are still sore.

Thufir
I had another very odd dream last night, but I don't know if I should relate it to you all, you're probably very bored of my dreams by now.

Never.
As in, we never get bored of your dreams, not that you should never relate it.

So, random question:

They drift away. It makes me sad. :smallfrown:

It varies. Some of the relevant people drifted away, others are just more busy. And the level of activity always varied from day to day and week to week anyway.

Assuming you're not an imposter, is there something wrong with your old account?

Fredaintdead
2011-02-06, 12:35 PM
Assuming you're not an imposter, is there something wrong with your old account?

Password was changed and then e-mail was changed. Can't get back to it solo, so I thought this would be a simpler way to do things.
And no, I'm not an imposter. I'm 100% original Fred.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2011-02-06, 01:09 PM
Password was changed and then e-mail was changed. Can't get back to it solo, so I thought this would be a simpler way to do things.

Oh. Ohohohoho.
You've been gone a while, haven't you? :smallamused:

Lex-Kat
2011-02-06, 01:17 PM
Hi Fred. Glad to see you are back. Have you brought your case up to the Mods? They may be able to help you merge your accounts.

Fredaintdead
2011-02-06, 01:23 PM
Hi Fred. Glad to see you are back. Have you brought your case up to the Mods? They may be able to help you merge your accounts.

I've sent a PM to Roland, but to be honest, I wouldn't mind if my old account was left in the dust. It's only postcount.

Oh. Ohohohoho.
You've been gone a while, haven't you? :smallamused:

Over a year. I'm still the original though. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2011-02-06, 01:26 PM
Just to be sure... who are you claiming to be, exactly? I think know who you are claiming to be.

Thufir
2011-02-06, 01:26 PM
It appears that Fifty-Eyed Fred did in fact precede Fredthefighter on the forums.
On the other hand, I can't recall seeing much, or indeed any, of Fifty-Eyed until after -thefighter had left.

Fredaintdead
2011-02-06, 01:29 PM
Just to be sure... who are you claiming to be, exactly? I think know who you are claiming to be.

I'm Fredthefighter. *takes a bow* :smallbiggrin:

@Thufir: Well, butter my biscuits. Did he really? Still, I consider myself the original Fighter at least.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2011-02-06, 01:51 PM
It would appear that the mantle of Fred, then, remains with me. :smallwink:

I didn't post actively for a long time, though I stalked, and I didn't post seriously until I decided that I wished to be a part of the community around here (before that, I mostly mocked people and made snide comments; I hadn't anticipated that I would grow to love a forum quite so much).
The watershed in becoming recognised as a regular poster was, I think, when I started posting in RB.

CynicalAvocado
2011-02-06, 02:10 PM
i had the greatest dream last night. i dreamt that i led a massive army onto a field of battle while on dragon back. there was dragon to dragon dog fighting, arrows, magic, blood, and dirt everywhere. then i woke up.

Lex-Kat
2011-02-06, 02:13 PM
Yay!! I missed you. I was wondering what became of you, just last week.

Coidzor
2011-02-06, 02:24 PM
I was wondering why I saw you commenting on Rabbithulu's stuff on deviantART but not back here where you belonged myself. :smallamused:

My dream was less than awesome but I only have myself to blame because I had it after I woke up and decided to go back to bed. :smallyuk:

I ended up watching a stupid railroad, JRPG cutscene rendition of my last breakup in graphic, overblown detail, only I knew it was a stupid dream the entire time and kept trying to wake up.

Heliomance
2011-02-06, 02:24 PM
Speaking of dreams, why is it that even when I dream I can fly, I suck at it? Had one last night - I could technically fly, but I only managed to get off the ground successfully about one time in five.

Eon
2011-02-06, 02:26 PM
i had the greatest dream last night. i dreamt that i led a massive army onto a field of battle while on dragon back. there was dragon to dragon dog fighting, arrows, magic, blood, and dirt everywhere. then i woke up.

I love dreams like that, I never want to wake up... :smallsmile:

ION: Donnie Darko... :smallbiggrin:

Fredaintdead
2011-02-06, 02:31 PM
Yay!! I missed you. I was wondering what became of you, just last week.

Thanks Lex. What happened is... well, what happened. It's best not to discuss it really.

I was wondering why I saw you commenting on Rabbithulu's stuff on deviantART but not back here where you belonged myself. :smallamused:

Biding my time good sir. I feel a little sad that I didn't do this sooner, but what matters is that I'm back now, and hopefully here to stay.

Thufir
2011-02-06, 02:58 PM
I didn't post actively for a long time, though I stalked,

Do you, perchance, mean 'lurked'?

The watershed in becoming recognised as a regular poster was, I think, when I started posting in RB.

Yup. It makes all the difference.

Ranger Mattos
2011-02-06, 03:18 PM

Hey, Fred's back!

...who are you, exactly? :smallconfused:

Fredaintdead
2011-02-06, 04:47 PM
Hey, Fred's back!

Someone who was here a long time ago, and left before you joined. Nice to meet you Mattos.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-02-06, 04:53 PM
Hey, Fred's back!

Fred's old enough, I doubt he remembers me. I wasn't very active back then. :smallsigh:

Fredaintdead
2011-02-06, 04:55 PM
Fred's old enough, I doubt he remembers me. I wasn't very active back then. :smallsigh:

Your name is familiar. Although I don't remember having much to do with you. Nice to officially meet you.

wadledo
2011-02-06, 05:20 PM

Hey, I recall who you are. That should say something about your memorability.

PJ the Epic
2011-02-06, 05:31 PM
I just made sushi for the first time!

It's pretty basic, and only used precooked crab, but I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. :smallbiggrin:

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af75/pjtheepic/083.jpg

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-02-06, 05:44 PM
Your name is familiar. Although I don't remember having much to do with you. Nice to officially meet you.

I probably went by Gwyn ap Nud back then. Nice to officially meet you as well :P

Hey, I recall who you are. That should say something about your memorability.

BOOM! Instant ego boost.

KuReshtin
2011-02-06, 05:53 PM

Gotta say, I don't think I've had a more exhilarating experience, like, ever in my life. My body parts are still sore.

<------ Envious!

ION: It's Super BOwl Sunday and the game starts in about 40 minutes or so.
It's 10:50PM in the UK, and I'm thinking I'd better get cracking with my Super Bowl food cooking.
I've got onions to chop, peppers to dice and steak mince to fry and prepare for my tacos.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-02-06, 06:04 PM
ION: It's Super BOwl Sunday and the game starts in about 40 minutes or so.
It's 10:50PM in the UK, and I'm thinking I'd better get cracking with my Super Bowl food cooking.
I've got onions to chop, peppers to dice and steak mince to fry and prepare for my tacos.

So, you decided to not do pizza?

Still say you shoulda gotten poutine. Somehow.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2011-02-06, 06:40 PM
Do you, perchance, mean 'lurked'?

Yes. Yes, I do.

Yup. It makes all the difference.

It's truly the greatest of threads. For me, anyway. :smalltongue:

ION:
My beloved friends have prevented me from doing my reading today. Bless them.
The moral: having friends is time consuming, but fun.

Phase
2011-02-06, 06:45 PM
Well well well, Fred the Fighter has returned.

I'm sure there's a pop culture reference I could make here, but I don't have the energy, welcome back bro.

CynicalAvocado
2011-02-06, 10:13 PM
....packers....

beat us?

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/9/9e/Darkrage.jpg

Serpentine
2011-02-06, 10:28 PM

Gotta say, I don't think I've had a more exhilarating experience, like, ever in my life. My body parts are still sore.Oooo! Did they play their remix of the ABC theme? :D

Fox Box Socks
2011-02-06, 10:33 PM
Not having a dog in this fight, what with my Eagles having been knocked out, I chose to root for the team I hated the least. Which meant the team that did not have had Ben Roethlisberger had my support.

I suppose this means I should be happy, but mostly I'm just ambivalent.

MoonCat
2011-02-06, 10:39 PM
Here's a tip boys and girls! Never put off three essays due on Monday off until Sunday. Guess why I haven't been online all day.

KuReshtin
2011-02-06, 10:45 PM
So, you decided to not do pizza?

Still say you shoulda gotten poutine. Somehow.

Would've had to go buy pizza if I wanted it.

On the flip side, the tacos were GOOOOOD!

rayne_dragon
2011-02-06, 11:02 PM
Here's a tip boys and girls! Never put off three essays due on Monday off until Sunday. Guess why I haven't been online all day.

You were doing laundry? Washing your hair? That's usually why I'm not online. :smalltongue:

Seriously though, it really is better to do projects the day they're assigned if you can. That way you can hand it in early and enjoy the weekends sans stress.