PDA

View Full Version : druid w/cleric dip

graeylin
2011-01-17, 03:13 PM
stating up a 15th level PC, in a world where Druids can't wildshape or summon anything.

So, i was thinking of a 1 level cleric dip (14/1) in order to get turn undead, and then use the Divine Metamagic feat to power my spells.

I lose one level BAB, and a spell level off druid. I get a domain power (any suggestions on the best?) and some extra 1st level spells... and DMM. I will have to bump up my charisma a bit, but i can spend money to do that, no problem.

Any downsides other than this?

Urpriest
2011-01-17, 03:17 PM
Since you're 15th level, it would probably be better for you to take a level in Sacred Exorcist to gain turning without losing a caster level.

HunterOfJello
2011-01-17, 03:20 PM
Domains:

Undeath for Extra Turning
Planning for Extend Spell
Time for Improved Initiative
Pleasure to become immune to Charisma drain
Metal to get Weapon Proficiency and Weapon Focus for a Goliath Greathammer (medium version is 1d12 damage and x4 crit)
Dragon Below for Augement Summoning (!!! great for a druid)

there are a few other good ones too

nedz
2011-01-17, 04:19 PM
I was under the impression that DMM would allow you to pump your Cleric spells, and not your Druid ones ?
I could be wrong though.

Masaioh
2011-01-17, 04:21 PM
I was under the impression that DMM would allow you to pump your Cleric spells, and not your Druid ones ?
I could be wrong though.

According to the entry in CDiv, it just requires you to sacrifice turning attempts and does not even specify that it needs to be used on Divine spells. In theory you could use it on Wizard spells.

Urpriest
2011-01-17, 04:22 PM
I could be wrong though.

Nope, DMM can apply to any divine spells. The main reason Druids don't dip Sacred Exorcist is that they lose tasty tasty wildshape progression. But this guy has none of that, so...

HunterOfJello
2011-01-17, 04:24 PM
One important limitation of DMM is that you have to have Turn/Rebuke Undead as a prerequisite and you can't use Turn/Rebuke Plants, Lycanthropes or anything else. Otherwise Druids could get the Turn Plants feat and then go into DMMing.

Besides, Druid spells aren't very different from Cleric spells at all in their uses, power of origin and practice.

Keld Denar
2011-01-17, 07:13 PM
According to the entry in CDiv, it just requires you to sacrifice turning attempts and does not even specify that it needs to be used on Divine spells. In theory you could use it on Wizard spells.

Divine Metamagic was errata'ed. It only works with Divine spells now. Fortunately for the OP, Druid spells ARE Divine. It wouldn't work for a Wizard like you suggested though.

Curmudgeon
2011-01-17, 08:10 PM
Divine Metamagic is only worthwhile if you've got useful metamagic feats. What do you have already?