PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Pathfinder items that grant + to BLUFF?

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-01-18, 12:09 AM
I am aware of circlet of Persuasion. Any others lying around?

dgnslyr
2011-01-18, 12:13 AM
Are there still Masterwork Items of [skill] in Pathfinder? It's a +2 to a stat at the small cost of 50gp, at least in DnD 3.5

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-01-18, 12:18 AM
yes, but again, we run into the whole... "well, what tool helps your bluff?"

I think the Gm would let me, but I feel like it might be half cheese. *shrug*

dgnslyr
2011-01-18, 12:20 AM
A monocle, obviously! Possibly in conjunction with a fine top hat. What social stat will that NOT improve?

You could say you keep a sharp knife handy as your Masterwork Item of Bluff.

Be creative.

DukeofDellot
2011-01-18, 12:35 AM
Shades.

Or a hat with a brim low enough that you can't accurately see his eyes. Or maybe if you're a front-line fighter, it could be a bucket helm (highly decorated) that obscures your face almost entirely.

Maybe it's a book. A tome that has insight on the topic and has phrases that you can practice that help you loosen your tongue, that your character practices with every morning.

Could be an item that has a placebo-like effect such as a lucky raccoon tail, or something similar you keep in your pocket that you rub between your fingers before you talk to someone, giving you heightened confidence.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-01-18, 12:49 AM
alrighty. MW tools, yes...

are there any items that give a magical bonus perchance?

DukeofDellot
2011-01-18, 03:01 AM
Page 550 of Pathfinder Core describes custom items that could do something like that... I guess this (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items#Table-Estimating-Magic-Item-Gold-Piece-Values) is the chart I'm looking at...

100 gp times the bonus squared (as a competence bonus). Not that much really.

Picking up that Raccoon Tail... the "Tail of Loose Tongues" could be an enchanted Magical Charm that is worn around the neck under one's tunic and grants a +6 to Bluff for a mere 3600 gp.

If you want something in the range of +30 or so... it would cost only 90,000 gp, but would always be in effect, or something like 18,000 gp if it can only be used once per day.

All of this is assuming your GM is keen on you designing a new magical item however.