PDA

View Full Version : Exalted, broken winged crane

Errion N.
2011-01-18, 12:53 AM
So there i was, minding my own business, when i came across this book. The broken winged crane supplement for infernal exalted.

Infernal just got so much cooler.

I'd like to get every ones thoughts on this, assuming that the 'rise of the scarlet empress' is a possible future rather than a certain one, how do you think this is likely to play out?

Broken Winged Crane provides rules not only for making bigger badder high essence infernal exalted, but it provides rules for (when hitting essence 9, which to be fair is not likely in most games) becoming a primordial, not a broken primordial, not a yozi... but literally for infernal exalted to_become_primordials in all their glory. immortality and everything.

Now, looking at the entire world, it seems to me infernals get teh shortest end of the stick when starting out (every one wants them dead, solars, most abyssals, all teh sidereals, gods, realm, every one)

but what kind of price is that to pay for the chance to become a true Primordial?

Any way, what are the potential ramifications of this? i mean, it wont have an effect on the immediate future of the cosmology of exalted... but...

I just can't shake the image of 200 years after the events of 'rise of the scarlet empress' some infernal exalted standing up, telling the Ebon dragon he wont 'take this s**t no more' and proceeding to lay down a cosmic smackdown.

discuss:

SurlySeraph
2011-01-18, 05:50 PM
In the immediate future, not much. Moving forward, well, more Primordials, if any Infernals manage to escape working for the Reclamation and make it to Essence 9 without getting smacked down by one of the many people who want to kill them. Since Primordials embody concepts, this could bring entirely new principles into the universe, creating earth-shaking changes of pretty much any kind.

Xefas
2011-01-18, 05:59 PM
Now, looking at the entire world, it seems to me infernals get teh shortest end of the stick when starting out (every one wants them dead, solars, most abyssals, all teh sidereals, gods, realm, every one)

Not entirely true. I'll just direct you to this developer's quote. (http://nobilis.me/quotes:green-sun-bullseyes)

becoming a primordial, not a broken primordial, not a yozi... but literally for infernal exalted to_become_primordials in all their glory.

You actually become something much better than a Primordial. You're sort of the natural evolution of a Primordial. It's like a disease becoming immune to the medicine that treats it. Primordials were at the top. Then Exalted were created specifically to kill them. So, then, the Yozi supercharged some Exalted with Primordial Essence, and now their creations can become a Primordial + Exaltation, with all the strengths of both Primordials and Exalted, but none of the downsides.

They are the perfect lifeform! Muahahaetcetc