PDA

View Full Version : [Any] Prank War!

Callista
2011-01-18, 08:49 AM
Playing a prank is fun; playing a prankster is even more fun!

I'd love a list of the pranks you've thought of (and/or actually carried out) during the games you've played.

:smallbiggrin: Any system, any edition, but if it's system-specific, tell us which one.
:smallbiggrin: Can be mean, but shouldn't be deadly.
:smallbiggrin: Should be mechanically possible in the system you're using.
:smallbiggrin: If you actually played the prank, tell us what happened!

1. Is your friend entirely too proud of that new white warhorse of his? Buy some beet juice in bulk and dye the horse bright pink... Bonus: It's entirely non-toxic, so the horse will most likely believe it's getting a thorough grooming and love you for it!

2. Get yourself a cat. Any old barn cat will do, but it should be very friendly and have a tendency toward mewing loudly. Turn it invisible. Let it loose in a crowded tavern. Spread rumors about ghost cats.

3. While your friend is asleep, cast Silence on him and his bedroll. Now cast a Silent Image of your friend sleeping in his bedroll, superimposed on your friend. Now cast Invisibility on your friend. Wake him up. He will believe he has died in his sleep! (D&D)

4. Invisible Create Water spells are fun! The target will be wet, but will look dry... (D&D)

5. If your target is tough enough to take it... explosive runes. Everywhere. (D&D)

6. Ghost Sound + Dancing Lights = instant haunted house! (D&D)

7. Get revenge on an annoying drinking buddy by using Prestidigitation to color and flavor prune juice to look and taste like a big ol' mug of ale. Prune juice, of course, is a natural laxative... (D&D)

8. ...Then follow it up by casting a Silent Image of the inn's outhouse about three feet to the left of the outhouse. Bet your friends whether or not your victim will be able to find the door before he has an... unfortunate accident. Works great on anybody who regularly gets drunk. (D&D)

9. Animate your friend's backpack while he's asleep. Great fun for the whole family! (Oooh, did you have ten vials of alchemist's fire in there? My mistake... good luck wrestling your own backpack into submission! (D&D)

10. Create a realistic illusion of a kiss-your-butt-goodbye dangerous opponent. Watch the hilarity....

Squark
2011-01-18, 08:55 AM
Mage hand can be fun for messing with doors and stuff... like skirts* [D&D, although any game with telekenisis works]

*Was actually part of one sorcerer I played's backstory. Got him kicked out of the house. His father was furious.

Heliomance
2011-01-18, 09:02 AM
Dragons game, somewhat silly but very awesome. Some of the party members got Hlal (the draconic trickster goddess and my patron) to turn me (copper dragon bard) pink, such that all attempts to dispel it failed. I promptly went to the Council of Wyrms and, with an obscene bluff check, convinced them that I was one of a handful of survivors from a previously unknown tribe of Rose dragons that had just been ravaged by the Tarrasque, and begged them for help. Cue search parties spending several weeks combing the area for the rest of my tribe.

Lurkmoar
2011-01-18, 09:12 AM
Magic Aura on a simple gold ring planted in a hollow alcove. Bard had a mage going nuts when he failed his will save.

Cicciograna
2011-01-18, 09:14 AM
I used to play a Gnome Illusionist [3.0] with maxed Alchemy. Once, I brewed a potion that caused terrible diarrhea on the imbiber. I rolled 20 on my Alchemy check and poured it into the food of a fellow adventurer. The DM stated that the poor guy'd be "busy" for 3 days...
Again, with the same Gnome, I brewed another potion, to make the imbiber exude a nauseating stench. Again, I rolled 20 on my check. The unfortunate imbiber couldn't approach any living person for a week.

They see me brewin'. They hatin'.

SilverLeaf167
2011-01-18, 09:18 AM
I used to play a Gnome Illusionist [3.0] with maxed Alchemy. Once, I brewed a potion that caused terrible diarrhea on the imbiber. I rolled 20 on my Alchemy check and poured it into the food of a fellow adventurer. The DM stated that the poor guy'd be "busy" for 3 days...
Again, with the same Gnome, I brewed another potion, to make the imbiber exude a nauseating stench. Again, I rolled 20 on my check. The unfortunate imbiber couldn't approach any living person for a week.

They see me brewin'. They hatin'.
Now I just HAVE to play that alchemist I always wanted...

grimbold
2011-01-18, 11:10 AM
does this count as a prank?
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!

The Glyphstone
2011-01-18, 11:12 AM
does this count as a prank?
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!

No, that's not how you do it, it's supposed to be;

I prepared explosive runes today.

gallagher
2011-01-18, 11:24 AM
No, that's not how you do it, it's supposed to be;

I prepared explosive runes today.

thanks, glyph, for trapping the thread. everyone roll their reflex save

i got a 15

TheCountAlucard
2011-01-18, 01:09 PM
Or you could just not look at it... :smalltongue:

Anyway, here's my prank...

Keep in mind, I'm playing a Malkavian in Vampire: the Masquerade, and Malkavian pranks are more likely to involve straight razors than banana peels, and if there's a bucket propped up on a door, it's gonna be full of acid.

So, the Prince of New York City grants the entirety of Newark, NJ to one of my companions, an elder vampire by the way, tasking him to purge Newark of the Sabbat. This elder companion of mine, he moves into a hotel in Newark and proceeds to just waste his time with his boyfriend at every opportunity. Pretty much every instant that the Storyteller isn't cramming plot points down his throat. :smallannoyed:

And so this is my character's prank: he convinces an easily-fooled Gangrel to start her gang doing drive-bys in our Elder friend's new territory. This, of course, does not look good for our little domain-holder. Inevitably, the Gangrel ends up being chased by the police, and then her ghoul gets injured. After taking several bullets that have no visible impact on her, this dainty redhead Gangrel picks up her ghoul and sprints off with him at full speed.

Needless to say, this is a bit of a Masquerade violation, and since it happened in the elder's domain, she gets brought up to see the elder. And that's when he learns that I had orchestrated the little "incident." Naturally, I get confronted about it. "So this was your plan?" I'm asked, to which I reply, "Ah, yes, my plan. See, the Prince graciously appointed an elder with the responsibility of wiping out the Sabbat. I was shocked to find that said elder wasn't taking his mission seriously, so my plan was to get him to take some initiative and do his job," after which I hung up.

Lesson learned: "Do your job, or a Lunatic will do it for you."

AlsoI prepared explosive runes today.

SamsDisciple
2011-01-18, 02:25 PM
oh my, anybody reading this thread had better have good saves ;) but anyways in one campaign we had a bard who created a very elaborate backstory of the brotherhood of brotherhoods, a chaotic group that never had real meetings and didnt impose any rules on its members since it was a chaotic brotherhood after all. but anyways the brotherhood awarded merit badges (the brother would make his own for what he thought was a worthy action) for great tasks such as cook a wizards familiar and feed it to him (gold badge for the wizard not knowing/liking it) bluffing an orc tribe that you are actually their chieftan that has been polymorphed (gold if you bluff the current chieftan that he is actually your stepsons lawyers grandaughters uncle twice removed) or stealing a dragons hoard and replacing it with a major illusion (gold badge for doing minor illusions on a large amount of pebbles and placing the pebbles in place of the gold)
If this has inspired any of you to join the Brotherhood of Brotherhoods the entrance fee is 3 easy payments of 20.99 due the next time you see me (gold badge for actually receiving membership payments to a free entrance brotherhood)

Grelna the Blue
2011-01-18, 02:32 PM
A paladin I played back in 2nd Ed a million years ago was in a party with a pixie. He and his group had established a local reputation as heroes and some young hotshot wanted to take him down to try to steal his rep. Very Hackmasteresque (or CattlePunkish). So when the party bellied up to the bar in the local saloon, he approached the paladin and challenged him to throw down. The paladin demurred, but when the guy said he was going to attack regardless, even if the paladin didn't lift a finger, the paladin mildly inquired as to what rules the guy wanted to duel by. "Rules? No rules, of course!" Upon which the paladin, who had taken the increased spell progression option from Player's Option: Spells and Magic, immediately cast Hold Person on the idiot. Then he took him outside, tossed him into a horsetrough (head unsubmerged) and told the pixie to have fun, as long as the guy was unhurt. The pixie stripped him (hiding his stuff, as I recall) and painted pixie runes of shame and dishonor all over his body.

Sadly, the hotshot didn't learn any kind of lesson from this and later tried to jump us with some buddies later. It went poorly for him. Nonetheless, the paladin never got challenged again.

Much later, in 3.5, I had an elven fighter/rogue/cleric of Erevan Ilesere who adventured mostly to get the wherewithal to pull off elaborate pranks, many of them aimed at lawful temples. He invisibly painted the dome of the temple of Helm bright pink one night (he wasn't usually given to infantile sexual humor, but he knew it would bother the Helmites) but was prouder of managing to free prisoners from the dungeons of a temple of Bane while disguised as a cleric of that faith (the Hat of Disguise helped, but he was maxed in Bluff and Disguise anyway). He left behind a representation of the asymmetrical rayed star of Erevan every time. Of all the incessant liars I've ever played (a small handful), he was the easily the most liked and appreciated by the other players.

agentnone
2011-01-18, 02:36 PM
(2nd Ed AD&D, where this item was a one use, permanent item)

I was able to convince the extremely rude wizard of the party to put on a Girdle of Sex Change. Told him it was a Girdle of Giant Strength and the Fighter didn't need it. He was so pompous and full of himself that he didn't bother to Identify it. And he had no reason to not trust me. Anyway, the campaign had this thing going where women weren't allowed to anything but stand around a look good in the civilized lands. So when we went to town he (she) couldn't buy her own spell components. We had to do it. Which was hilarious because we didn't know what exactly we were supposed to get. On top of that, the DM made the player talk in a high pitched voice the whole session. Took 5 sessions to get him back to being a guy. Player was mad, but the rest of the group got a kick out of it. My character died via friendly-Fireball later on though....

Elvenoutrider
2011-01-18, 03:05 PM
Shaved the dwarf of the party one night and sovereign glued his beard to the party elf... good times

nedz
2011-01-18, 03:05 PM
An old wooden box containing a mummyfied hand with a Permanent Nystal's Magic Aura on it.
Cost one PC his right hand :smallbiggrin:

Combat Reflexes
2011-01-18, 03:20 PM
An old wooden box containing a mummyfied hand with a Permanent Nystal's Magic Aura on it.

now THAT is awesome. And I thought DMs were evil :smalleek:

---
Oh, and the old pit-next-to-pit trap. Requirements: 1 pit trap.
1. cast a silent image of normal floor over the pit trap
2. cast a silent image of a pit trap in front of the real, camouflaged pit trap.
3. laugh at the PCs confusion
PCs will jump over the illusory pit, but will get stuck in the REAL pit.
---
Invisible Explosive Runes + See Invisibility or Invisibility Purge, to get back at the annoying 'See the Unseen' Warlock or Batman wizard.

Prepare a room with an invisible minion (phantom fungus or imps work well) and rig it from bottom to top with Invisible Explosive Runes.
BOOM.

Lurkmoar
2011-01-18, 03:35 PM

Wait, I thought Veccna was missing his left hand... that one reminds me of Veccna's head. (http://www.blindpanic.com/humor/vecna.htm) Less prank and more evil trick by another PC group...

Cyrion
2011-01-18, 04:05 PM
Does a friend selling another party member into slavery behind his back count as a prank?

Back in earlier editions, Glyphs of Warding on people's scabbards were always fun.

Callista
2011-01-18, 07:38 PM
Prepare a room with an invisible minion (phantom fungus or imps work well) and rig it from bottom to top with Invisible Explosive Runes.
BOOM.Hmm... I think you have to be able to see the runes, don't you? But then, if you were trying to get someone who has permanenced True Seeing up...

Silverlich
2011-01-18, 07:48 PM
Ow! I didn't have enough save to survive the runes in this thread!

TheCountAlucard
2011-01-18, 07:57 PM
Here's some more Vampire prank ideas...

Learn the Presence Discipline. Get Summon. Then buy a plane. :smallamused:

Take the Eat Food merit. Go to a restaurant the Prince really likes. Order the fanciest dinner they have there. Gorge yourself, throwing compliments toward the wait staff and chef at every opportunity. Tip generously. And when you finish, turn to the Prince and vomit on him. :smalltongue:

Find one of those cliche vampires who actually sleeps in a coffin. Fill it with Jell-O while he sleeps. Styrofoam packing peanuts are also a good idea.

Use some cadaverine on an enemy's possessions. The smell will never get off.

Say "Speak of the devil!" whenever your enemy walks into the room, regardless of whether you were talking about him or not. :smallamused:

Tvtyrant
2011-01-18, 08:01 PM
Build Gazebo's all over the world to frighten adventurers...

There is always the Mount spell trick; you cast Mount, then cast Magic Aura on it to make it seem like a real horse. Sell it to a horse merchant for the cost of less then using Identify, and leave. Do this to a lot of horse merchants in a very short time, and rake in the gold. Use Disguise Self to avoid being noticed.

Alternative is to cast Polymorph any Object and sell party members you don't like as pets to the rich.

panaikhan
2011-01-19, 08:47 AM
(D&D)
Magic Mouth on the party rogue, set to scream loudly if a living being other than the party members came within 15'.
Prestidigitation is always good fun at posh banquets, making food/wine taste awful.
Fire Trap works on backpacks, potion vials, scroll tubes, belt pouches...
How about a spyglass that casts a Mage Mark (big black circle) whenever the eyepiece touches flesh?

Templarkommando
2011-01-19, 11:46 AM
This is not my story. It is taken from another website; however my friends, in your searches and travails, beware searching for the cursed Head of Vecna!

Many years ago (back when we all were still playing D & D), I ran a game where I pitted two groups against each other.

Several members of Group One came up with the idea of luring Group Two into a trap. You remember the Hand of Vecna and the Eye of Vecna that were artifacts in the old D&D world where if you cut off your hand (or your eye) and replaced it with the Hand of Vecna (or the Eye) you'd get new awesome powers? Well, Group One thought up The Head of Vecna.

Group One spread rumors all over the countryside (even paying Bards to spread the word about this artifact rumored to exist nearby). They even went so far as to get a real head and place it under some weak traps to help with the illusion. Unfortunately, they forgot to let ALL the members of their group in on the secret plan (I suspect it was because they didn't want the Druid to get caught and tell the enemy about this trap of theirs, or maybe because they didn't want him messing with things).

The Druid in group One heard about this new artifact and went off in search of it himself (I believe to help prove himself to the party members...) Well, after much trial and tribulation, he found it; deactivated (or set off) all the traps; and took his "prize" off into the woods for examination. He discovered that it did not radiate magic (a well known trait of artifacts) and smiled gleefully.

I wasn't really worried since he was alone and I knew that there was no way he could CUT HIS OWN HEAD OFF. Alas I was mistaken as the Druid promptly summoned some carnivorous apes and instructed them to use his own scimitar and cut his head off (and of course quickly replacing it with the Head of Vecna...)

Some time later, Group one decided to find the Druid and to check on the trap. They found the headless body (and the two heads) and realized that they had erred in their plan (besides laughing at the character who had played the Druid)...The Head of Vecna still had BOTH eyes! They corrected this mistake and reset their traps and the Head for it's real intended victims...

Group Two, by this time, had heard of the powerful artifact and decided that it bore investigating since, if true, they could use it to destroy Group One. After much trial and tribulation, they found the resting place of The Head of Vecna! The were particularly impressed with the cunning traps surrounding the site (one almost missed his save against the weakest poison known to man). They recovered the Head and made off to a safe area.

Group Two actually CAME TO BLOWS (several rounds of fighting) against each other argueing over WHO WOULD GET THEIR HEAD CUT OFF! Several greedy players had to be hurt and restrained before it was decided who would be the recipient of the great powers bestowed by the Head... The magician was selected and one of them promptly cut his head off. As the player was lifting The Head of Vecna to emplace it on it's new body, another argument broke out and they spent several minutes shouting and yelling. Then, finally, they put the Head onto the character.

Well, of course, the Head simply fell off the lifeless body. All members of Group Two began yelling and screaming at each other (and at me) and then, on their own, decided that they had let too much time pass between cutting off the head of a hopeful recipient and put the Head of Vecna onto the body.

SO THEY DID IT AGAIN!... [killing another PC]

In closing, it should be said that I never even cracked a smile as all this was going on. After the second PC was slaughtered, I had to give in (my side was hurting)...

And Group Two blamed ME for all of that...

Lurkmoar
2011-01-19, 12:31 PM
Wait, I thought Veccna was missing his left hand... that one reminds me of Veccna's head. (http://www.blindpanic.com/humor/vecna.htm) Less prank and more evil trick by another PC group...

This is not my story. It is taken from another website; however my friends, in your searches and travails, beware searching for the cursed Head of Vecna!

Many years ago (back when we all were still playing D & D), I ran a game where I pitted two groups against each other.

Several members of Group One came up with the idea of luring Group Two into a trap. You remember the Hand of Vecna and the Eye of Vecna that were artifacts in the old D&D world where if you cut off your hand (or your eye) and replaced it with the Hand of Vecna (or the Eye) you'd get new awesome powers? Well, Group One thought up The Head of Vecna.

Group One spread rumors all over the countryside (even paying Bards to spread the word about this artifact rumored to exist nearby). They even went so far as to get a real head and place it under some weak traps to help with the illusion. Unfortunately, they forgot to let ALL the members of their group in on the secret plan (I suspect it was because they didn't want the Druid to get caught and tell the enemy about this trap of theirs, or maybe because they didn't want him messing with things).

The Druid in group One heard about this new artifact and went off in search of it himself (I believe to help prove himself to the party members...) Well, after much trial and tribulation, he found it; deactivated (or set off) all the traps; and took his "prize" off into the woods for examination. He discovered that it did not radiate magic (a well known trait of artifacts) and smiled gleefully.

I wasn't really worried since he was alone and I knew that there was no way he could CUT HIS OWN HEAD OFF. Alas I was mistaken as the Druid promptly summoned some carnivorous apes and instructed them to use his own scimitar and cut his head off (and of course quickly replacing it with the Head of Vecna...)

Some time later, Group one decided to find the Druid and to check on the trap. They found the headless body (and the two heads) and realized that they had erred in their plan (besides laughing at the character who had played the Druid)...The Head of Vecna still had BOTH eyes! They corrected this mistake and reset their traps and the Head for it's real intended victims...

Group Two, by this time, had heard of the powerful artifact and decided that it bore investigating since, if true, they could use it to destroy Group One. After much trial and tribulation, they found the resting place of The Head of Vecna! The were particularly impressed with the cunning traps surrounding the site (one almost missed his save against the weakest poison known to man). They recovered the Head and made off to a safe area.

Group Two actually CAME TO BLOWS (several rounds of fighting) against each other argueing over WHO WOULD GET THEIR HEAD CUT OFF! Several greedy players had to be hurt and restrained before it was decided who would be the recipient of the great powers bestowed by the Head... The magician was selected and one of them promptly cut his head off. As the player was lifting The Head of Vecna to emplace it on it's new body, another argument broke out and they spent several minutes shouting and yelling. Then, finally, they put the Head onto the character.

Well, of course, the Head simply fell off the lifeless body. All members of Group Two began yelling and screaming at each other (and at me) and then, on their own, decided that they had let too much time pass between cutting off the head of a hopeful recipient and put the Head of Vecna onto the body.

SO THEY DID IT AGAIN!... [killing another PC]

In closing, it should be said that I never even cracked a smile as all this was going on. After the second PC was slaughtered, I had to give in (my side was hurting)...

And Group Two blamed ME for all of that...

Pfft, I beat you to it yesterday. :smallwink:

Misspelled Vecna though, for shame.

Templarkommando
2011-01-19, 12:53 PM
Pfft, I beat you to it yesterday. :smallwink:

Misspelled Vecna though, for shame.

Awwww phooey....:smalltongue:

Lurkmoar
2011-01-19, 01:04 PM
Awwww phooey....:smalltongue:

It's alright, I was a ninja that multi-classed swordsage before I was born. I think. Sometimes I'm not sure. Better to have your options open with your past anyway.

Getting back to the premise of the thread, when you get right down to it, you can do some really trollish things with Polymorph type of spells... anyone have funny shape shifting stories to share?

grimbold
2011-01-19, 01:22 PM

i got a 15
19 here

ok dont tell me this is not a prank (im being serious now)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Lurkmoar
2011-01-19, 01:41 PM
19 here

ok dont tell me this is not a prank (im being serious now)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Saw the title 'Rickroll'd' before the video loaded so I closed it before the first note hit, try a bit harder dude!

Swooper
2011-01-19, 01:53 PM
I have a list of practical jokes that ran on mailing lists ages ago saved on my hard drive... some of the best ones (slightly corrected for 3rd edition):
Cast magic mouth on the male victim's sword. Upon the drawing of the weapon, the mouth speaks only in insults such as "You hit like a girl", "Why not just wear a dress?", and "Are you still gay?".
Cast hold person on a robe-wearing victim, walk up, lift their robe over their head, and walk away.
Use mage hand to pinch the barmaid's rear as she walks by the fighter.
Sovereign Glue someone's inn room door shut during the night.
Arcane Mark the holy symbol of an evil deity to someone's armour.
Cast Darkness in someone's inn room just before daybreak.
Forge a letter from the queen or princess saying something to this effect:
"Dear brave warrior, I have heard great tales of your exploits. And when you entered town the other day, I disguised myself and went down to observe you. I find your reputation and appearance extremely 'exciting'. The (King/Prince) is away on business and I would like to invite you to secretly spend the night with me at the keep. If you are interested, come to the keep tomorrow night. To ensure that we are not detected, I have informed my personal guard of what is going on. They are bound to me and will not say anything. When you approach the keep, tell the guards "I am (adventurer's name) I have come from across the lands to show the queen my charmed long staff. Where is her bedroom?" They will resist you. It is part of the plan. You must resist forcefully, it is the only way they will know it is you, for no one can match your might. Be obscene and verbally degrading when you speak about me, it will tell them it is you, for no one has the courage to speak against me. No matter what they say or do, resist. They will then lead you to my room, where you may spend the night with me. I look forward to seeing you again. The (queen/princess)."
Every player (males, anyway) I know of will not pass up the chance to boff the nobility. When they approach the keep, the player will probably get jailed and might get to see the queen later (at his trial).

grimbold
2011-01-19, 02:02 PM
Saw the title 'Rickroll'd' before the video loaded so I closed it before the first note hit, try a bit harder dude!

NOOOOO!!!
MY ULTIMATE PLAN HAS FAILED

big teej
2011-01-19, 03:28 PM

i got a 15

17 here

I had this done to me.

the party rogue stole my written accounts of -plot- and changed them to be 'more accurate'

I was not informed of this, and read the accounts of -plot- to the king himself

imagine the sales pitch scene in despicable me....

"I build the rocket"
I fly to the moon
I shrink the moon
I sit on the toilet
wait
what?:smallconfused:

Heliomance
2011-01-19, 03:48 PM
I have a list of practical jokes that ran on mailing lists ages ago saved on my hard drive... some of the best ones (slightly corrected for 3rd edition):
Forge a letter from the queen or princess saying something to this effect:
"Dear brave warrior, I have heard great tales of your exploits. And when you entered town the other day, I disguised myself and went down to observe you. I find your reputation and appearance extremely 'exciting'. The (King/Prince) is away on business and I would like to invite you to secretly spend the night with me at the keep. If you are interested, come to the keep tomorrow night. To ensure that we are not detected, I have informed my personal guard of what is going on. They are bound to me and will not say anything. When you approach the keep, tell the guards "I am (adventurer's name) I have come from across the lands to show the queen my charmed long staff. Where is her bedroom?" They will resist you. It is part of the plan. You must resist forcefully, it is the only way they will know it is you, for no one can match your might. Be obscene and verbally degrading when you speak about me, it will tell them it is you, for no one has the courage to speak against me. No matter what they say or do, resist. They will then lead you to my room, where you may spend the night with me. I look forward to seeing you again. The (queen/princess)."
Every player (males, anyway) I know of will not pass up the chance to boff the nobility. When they approach the keep, the player will probably get jailed and might get to see the queen later (at his trial).

I really can't see anyone falling for that. It doesn't matter how good the forgery is, the queen would never do that. If for some bizarre reason she did want a tryst, there are far better ways to go about communicating this to the object of her affections. And if the real queen wrote that exact letter, I wouldn't want to sleep with someone that insane.

Pink
2011-01-19, 06:19 PM
I really can't see anyone falling for that. It doesn't matter how good the forgery is, the queen would never do that. If for some bizarre reason she did want a tryst, there are far better ways to go about communicating this to the object of her affections. And if the real queen wrote that exact letter, I wouldn't want to sleep with someone that insane.

I think what you mean is that if a character has ranks in Knowledge: Nobility, they can roll it to see if they know whether this is out of character for the queen. :smalltongue: