PDA

View Full Version : Passer - rogue varaint (3.5, PEACH)

akma
2011-01-18, 08:52 AM
I wanted to have people who pass through walls in a mine, so I created this rogue variant, and I want to know if it`s balanced.

Loses

Uncanny dodge, trapsense.

Gains

The passer can walk through walls.
The ability is limited, however.
At every uneven level, the passer can walk through another 5 feet of matter of hardness 1 or 0.
At every level divisable by 3, the passer can walk through another 5 feet of matter of hardness 2-5 (and can`t do it before level 3).
At every level divisable by 5, the passer can walk through another 5 feet of matter of hardness 6-10.
The passer moves through the wall at a speed of 5 feet per round, and can`t run in the wall. Passers can`t move through magical barriers.

So, for exemple, a level 5 passer could move through 15 feet of ice, then 5 feet of iron and then through another 15 feet of ice, but not go through 20 feet of ice. He couldn`t entar the 20 feet of ice in the first place (so no risk of getting stuck in walls).

He can only pass through things larger then him (that includes floors), so he can not use his passing ability to bypass a lock on a treasure chest.
He can only take items with him through walls.

Special abilities

The regular, with an addition of those:
Refluffed defensive roll: Instead of rolling with the hit, it is described as if the attack moved through him.
Infinite passing: Through matters of hardness 1 or 0, the distance limit is cancelled. It could be taken again to effect matters of hardness 2-5, and again for things of hardness 6-10, but it must be in that order.
Wall runner: The passer can move in his regular speed through walls, and even run.
Companion: The passer can take any creature that he grabs strongly. To force that on someone, a succesfull grapple attack with a -5 to attack needs to be made. I`m having trouble deciding how being left in a wall would be dealt mechanically.