PDA

View Full Version : New character help (pretty please)

agentnone
2011-01-18, 02:21 PM
So here in a few months a friend of mine is going to be starting a new 3.5 D&D campaign. I'm giong to be playing as a Naztherune Rakshasa. I've looked at a few feats to make sneak attacks vicious, like Telling Blow and Deft Strike. And the race automatically qualifies for the Assassin PrC. Is there any core and PrC classes out there that you Playground goers would suggest as a decent class to use for Sneak Attacks? I know, Rogue and Scout but I'm looking for something a little different. This is outside my normal realm of knowledge as I usually play wizards. Any book by WotC is allowed so long as he's given a chance to review it first so he's aware of what it can do. Thanks in advance guys and gals.

SamsDisciple
2011-01-18, 02:40 PM
There are far to many PrC's out there that are good but most will just advance your sneak attack not give any cool abilities with it. That said you need to decide whether you are gonna do melee(get two weapon fighting and fast) or ranged(gotta be more patient and love the hide in plain sight from shadow dancer but overall this is the route i recommend) last two comments is that you need to remember that the rogue is the skill monkey and you need to get into a more tactical mindset and set up your encounters rather than just rush in and deal damage, if you want to deal massive damage then you need to choose a different main class with dips into rogue/scout. There are rogue handbooks out there that you should easily find with a google search (sorry i dont have a link available atm)

agentnone
2011-01-18, 02:50 PM
There are far to many PrC's out there that are good but most will just advance your sneak attack not give any cool abilities with it. That said you need to decide whether you are gonna do melee(get two weapon fighting and fast) or ranged(gotta be more patient and love the hide in plain sight from shadow dancer but overall this is the route i recommend) last two comments is that you need to remember that the rogue is the skill monkey and you need to get into a more tactical mindset and set up your encounters rather than just rush in and deal damage, if you want to deal massive damage then you need to choose a different main class with dips into rogue/scout. There are rogue handbooks out there that you should easily find with a google search (sorry i dont have a link available atm)

The Naztherune Rakshasa has natural claws (1d4) and gets HiPS as a racial trait and Shadow Jump (20 feet). The feats I looked at should work both ways, but I'll look into more ranged feats. I guess rogue could work. Most of the rogue abilities tho (Evasion, etc...) the race already gets. So I would hate to waste the levels as they'de be dead levels for me.