PDA

View Full Version : Ways to move and full attack in a round? (3.x, Pathfinder)

Telasi
2011-01-18, 06:25 PM
I was wondering whether anyone knows of a way to full attack and move more than a 5 foot step in a single round. It doesn't have to provide an actual move action, just increase the move distance permitted along with a full attack. It's okay if it costs an attack too, but I'd like the option to not be stuck in one place.

I know about the mobile fighter archetype from APG, so you can ignore that one.

Pink
2011-01-18, 06:28 PM
What is it, the Travel Domain devotion feat from Complete champion that let's you take 10' steps instead of 5'.

arguskos
2011-01-18, 06:28 PM
Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian from Complete Champion, an alternate class feature that swaps the Barbarian's fast movement for the Pounce special ability (ability to full attack at the end of a charge), is the best way to do this.

Psionic Lion's Charge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psionicLionsCharge.htm) is the other great way to do it.

EDIT: If you just want to increase your 5 ft step to a 10 ft, then the Sparring Dummy of the Master, in Arms and Equipment Guide, can do it. You can also use the Oriental Adventures Tumble rules to make a DC 40 tumble check to do it.

Ravens_cry
2011-01-18, 06:44 PM
In Pathfinder, Barbarians can take the Beast Totem, Greater (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian) rage power, but you have to be at least 10th level Barbarian.

bartman
2011-01-18, 06:51 PM
I am surprised no one has posted this yet...

Person_Man has an amazing list, lots of work must have gone into it. You can find it here: Ways to get Pounce or Free Movement (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103358)
Note this list is 3.5 and not PF, but a lot is compatible

Telasi
2011-01-18, 06:53 PM
What is it, the Travel Domain devotion feat from Complete champion that let's you take 10' steps instead of 5'.

I looked that up, and it actually lets you move your speed as a swift action each round for a minute once a day. (Disallowing 5 ft. steps as a normal move would.) Thanks for pointing that out.

TalonDemonKing
2011-01-18, 06:54 PM
Don't know about a full attack, but Pathfinder has a series of feats 'Vital strike' that allow for a 4x weapon damage -- Not quite a full attack, but it helps to trade damage for mobility.

Telasi
2011-01-18, 07:44 PM
I am surprised no one has posted this yet...

Person_Man has an amazing list, lots of work must have gone into it. You can find it here: Ways to get Pounce or Free Movement (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103358)
Note this list is 3.5 and not PF, but a lot is compatible

This is still excellent, since 3.5 material is allowed with GM permission in my PF games so far.

Don't know about a full attack, but Pathfinder has a series of feats 'Vital strike' that allow for a 4x weapon damage -- Not quite a full attack, but it helps to trade damage for mobility.

Well, it's a backup option. Thank you.

Thanks to all who have shared so far. I'm really bad at finding good stuff, so your help has been invaluable.

Rixx
2011-01-18, 08:32 PM
The Mobile Fighter form the Pathfinder APG can give up his highest BAB attack to move and take the rest of his attacks freely at level 11. His 20th level capstone allows him to do a Whirlwind Attack or Full Attack Action as a standard action.

The Battle Oracle, at level 20, can move and full attack as a standard action as well.

HunterOfJello
2011-01-18, 08:36 PM
You can always make a 5ft step before, during, or after a full attack.

You can also do a jump as a swift action if you have the Sudden Leap maneuver from Tome of Battle. It helps a lot for moving more than 5 ft in and full attacking in the same round.

Lans
2011-01-19, 01:21 AM
Weapon Master gets whirlwind attack as a standard action, combined with the feat that allows a full attack with a whirlwind attack and you have something.

John Campbell
2011-01-19, 07:00 AM
Get a mount and a bow. You can make ranged full attacks while your mount is moving - at -8 if it's running, -4 if it double-moves, and without penalty if it only single-moves. (And you can halve the penalties with Mounted Archery, if you want to waste a feat.)

Wild Plains Outrider's capstone class feature lets you make melee full attacks when your mount single-moves, too. Pathfinder's APG has the Mounted Skirmisher feat that does the same.

Mounted movement doesn't enable the Scout's skirmish damage, though, if that's what you're after.

Runestar
2011-01-19, 07:54 AM
Belt of battle (MIC) lets you move as a swift action 3/day.

Tome of battle has maneuvers like quicksilver motion which let you move/teleport as a swift action.

ryzouken
2011-01-19, 09:51 AM
You can use a Quickened Dim Door AFTER a full attack to get around the battlefield...

Getting movement BEFORE a full attack is tougher, and more valuable, arguably. Commonly this boils down to:
A) Be 20th level
B) Be a Fighter or an Oracle
C) Select appropriate class feature.

Importing 3.5 material into PF results in... stuff. I seem to remember the Chrono-Legionnaire moving around pretty fluidly. Just not sure if he was full attacking (I imagine he was.)

Quickened Hustle (psionic power)?

Kansaschaser
2011-01-19, 09:54 AM
My favorite way to get a move action plus a full attack action is the Swiftblade Prestige Class.

Wizard 6 / Swiftblade 9 (Base attack +12, Caster Level 12)

OR

Beguilar 6 / Swiftblade 9 (Base attack +12, Caster Level 12)

At 15th level, you get Perpetual Options, that allows you to take an additional move, standard, or full round action when under the effect of the haste spell that you cast yourself.

Cyrion
2011-01-19, 10:22 AM
If you dip for a level of wizard and take the Abrupt Jaunt ACF you've got a 10' teleport as an immediate action.

Kansaschaser
2011-01-19, 10:56 AM
If you dip for a level of wizard and take the Abrupt Jaunt ACF you've got a 10' teleport as an immediate action.

I love the Abjurant Jaunt. I really annoyed my dungeon master with that. The only problem is that it's only usable a number of times per day equal to your bonus for your casting ability score. So if you are a Wizard and your Intelligence bonus is only 16 (+3), then you can only use it 3 times per day.

Cyrion
2011-01-19, 11:14 AM
I love the Abjurant Jaunt. I really annoyed my dungeon master with that. The only problem is that it's only usable a number of times per day equal to your bonus for your casting ability score. So if you are a Wizard and your Intelligence bonus is only 16 (+3), then you can only use it 3 times per day.

Quite true, but that's going to be in line with or slightly better than some of the feat or magic item options that are also limited use per day.

PinkysBrain
2011-01-19, 11:19 AM
It's a bad joke. By the time it allows you to do 4 times weapon damage a full attack does over 200 damage ... 6d6 bonus damage on a single attack doesn't really matter at that point. At lower levels vital strike is similarly pitiful compared to full attack damage.

Forged Fury
2011-01-19, 03:07 PM
It's in PersonMan's guide, but my all-time (3.5) favorite is Dimension Hop from Complete Psionic. Either get it from Ardent 1 or pick it up after 3 levels of Psion through Expanded Knowledge (or potentially through Psychic Warrior, but it comes later). 10' swift action teleport augmentable at 5' per additional Power Point expended.

Kesnit
2011-01-19, 03:24 PM
Unless someone else has built their PC around such a move, houserule that this is the default rule. (Obviously if someone has already taken steps to be able to do this, a houserule like this would not be fair to them.) Casters can do it without requiring extra feats, so why not melee?

Telasi
2011-01-19, 06:12 PM
Unless someone else has built their PC around such a move, houserule that this is the default rule. (Obviously if someone has already taken steps to be able to do this, a houserule like this would not be fair to them.) Casters can do it without requiring extra feats, so why not melee?

So, you're saying that full attack should be a standard action? Or that you should be able to opt for a move during full round actions instead of taking a 5 ft. step? Clarify, please.

Kesnit
2011-01-19, 07:04 PM
So, you're saying that full attack should be a standard action?

This. Sorry for the confusion.

Telasi
2011-01-19, 07:15 PM
This. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem. I figured that was the more likely answer of the ones I thought of.

Thiyr
2011-01-19, 07:15 PM
Budget option: Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker from magic item compendium for a 1/d swift action move half your move speed.

MeeposFire
2011-01-20, 01:19 AM
Has anybody mentioned dervish from complete warrior? It can let you get full attacks on the move a number of times a day with a buff.