PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Dark Sun

LOTRfan
2011-01-19, 08:02 PM
So, currently, I am interested in learning about the Dark Sun campaign setting. Unfortunately, athas.org seems to be down (hopefully not permanently :smallfrown:), so I was wondering: are there any 3.5 sources for Dark Sun?

the clumsy bard
2011-01-19, 08:04 PM
Sadly no.

It was discontinued in 3.5 for some reason and came back in 4th edition.

Kaje
2011-01-19, 08:05 PM
Dragon 319 has the Dark Sun Player's Handbook, DM's Guide and Monster supplement.

LOTRfan
2011-01-19, 08:12 PM
Thanks. Does anyone have any idea why athas.org isn't functioning, anyway?

Matthew
2011-01-20, 05:05 AM
It goes down periodically; probably the server. Give it a couple of days and it will be back up.

hamlet
2011-01-20, 08:35 AM
Just as a warning, the Paizo Dragon Mag version of Dark Sun 3.x is . . . of suspect quality IMO. I don't think it's terribly good at capturing the world.

You would be better off waiting for Athas.org to come back online, or simply homebrewing things up.

Sebastrd
2011-01-20, 09:34 AM
Why does it have to be 3.5 source material?

Get your hands on some 2ed stuff, or even the 4E sourcebooks. I hear they're pretty good, although I haven't had the chance to read mine yet. Either edition can give you the background and fluff information you need.

If you need monsters, just reskin available stuff. There's not a whole lot of mechanical difference between monsters in 3.5.

Noneoyabizzness
2011-01-20, 10:00 AM
Why does it have to be 3.5 source material?

Get your hands on some 2ed stuff, or even the 4E sourcebooks. I hear they're pretty good, although I haven't had the chance to read mine yet. Either edition can give you the background and fluff information you need.

If you need monsters, just reskin available stuff. There's not a whole lot of mechanical difference between monsters in 3.5.

+1 to this. while dragons and avigions are interestin epic prestige classesto aspire to, andsome of the racial specifics of the world (muls, atrhisian elves and halflings etc.) might be wanted most of the world itself can be ripped from 2e material and worked straight. thikreen and half giants already stating in xph as a form of psiboy fanservice