PDA

View Full Version : Two Disciplines on a Psion? [3.5]

SilverLeaf167
2011-01-20, 09:01 AM
Is there any way to get a Psion access to two different disciplines?

Starbuck_II
2011-01-20, 09:25 AM
Is there any way to get a Psion access to two different disciplines?

Expanded Knowledge lets you steal one power.

So you want to be a Telepath Egoist or other variation? Any particular reason?

SilverLeaf167
2011-01-20, 09:52 AM
Well, I just wanted to have some kind of "Master of Time and Space", with both Clairsentience and Psychoportation. Mostly just fluff reasons. I guess I could go with Psychoportation and steal the most iconic powers... (Clairvoyant Sense etc.)

But another Psion question: Are there any practical ways to heal your Psicrystal? I don't think Cure spells work on it...

Psyren
2011-01-20, 10:30 AM
But another Psion question: Are there any practical ways to heal your Psicrystal? I don't think Cure spells work on it...

Repair Damage (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psionicRepairDamage.htm), it's a construct.

But it's generally better to share Vigor with it, that way you're "healing" both of you at once.

Don't forget to nab Forced Dream (a telepathy power) from Magic of Eberron, that's actually one of the most powerful "time travel" effects in the game.

FMArthur
2011-01-20, 10:37 AM
There's also the Erudite, a Psion variant from Complete Psionic, although it plays fairly differently from a normal Psion. They can learn powers from any discipline at one level lower than the maximum they could cast, and treat one particular discipline as a Psion would as a trade for their first level bonus feat (as an alternate class feature from the online Mind's Eye articles).

Psyren
2011-01-20, 10:44 AM
There's also the Erudite, a Psion variant from Complete Psionic, although it plays fairly differently from a normal Psion. They can learn powers from any discipline at one level lower than the maximum they could cast, and treat one particular discipline as a Psion would as a trade for their first level bonus feat (as an alternate class feature from the online Mind's Eye articles).

I come bearing links:

Erudite (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20060406b&page=1)
Favored Discipline ACF (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070629a)

SilverLeaf167
2011-01-20, 11:39 AM
Thanks for help with the Psicrystal. I knew of the power, but I just wondered whether they would be some more common power or spell...

I don't really like the Erudite... the reason I like Psions is that they are practically a better version of the Sorcerer, using power points instead of spell slots and not needing to prepare anything. If I wanted to play a preparing caster, I'd choose a Wizard, as they have more different spells per day. I guess an Erudite would be a good alternative if you just wanted to use the same powers over and over again, but I think Psions would better for that.

FMArthur
2011-01-20, 01:23 PM
Fair enough; I thought that might be the case but just wasn't sure.