PDA

View Full Version : Peiq's progeny

nysisobli
2011-01-20, 10:08 AM
After waiting in anticipation for hours on end, Peiq finnaly arrived in the great hall.

description of Peiq
Peiq is a massive giant composed of light and bone he looks like a large skeleton sheathed in a dark miasma of rainbow colored lights.
Standing over all of you he spoke with words of such power that you could feel it in your very bones.

I have great hope for you my children, I have watched you grow over the last thousand years, but your time of staying in my protection is over, You will need to venture away from my home and forge a following of your own, make balance in this world, I do not wish to see the same failures as the past.

The winds pick up inside the temple forcing you to close your eyes, and when you open them you are not inside the great hall anymore.
(start your quest here :))

SilverLeaf167
2011-01-20, 11:08 AM
OOC: "dark miasma of rainbow-colored lights" sounds like a paradox to me... but I guess it's acceptable for the Godfather (pun not intended)

Volutes listened to his Father speak, somehow managing to keep his face looking both focused and carefree. At first, he was only spewing the same old stuff about their "great fates", but Volutes flinched silently upon the remark of them finally beginning their journey. Getting away of this boring, never-changing place filled him with anxiousness, but he also wondered for the very first time about what he would do with his freedom. Before he could even open his mouth to say something, he already found himself standing in the middle of a small village.

At first, he was delighted by the constant movement and actions of the villagers, the whole atmosphere being very different from what he had gotten used to. After a millennium of just standing around, listening to the giant lightbulb say the same thing over and over again, he was keen to experience a whole different world.
However, it didn't take him long to realize this place wasn't for him either. Though there was constant change at a small scale, such as people dying or being born, the general setting was the same: a small village in the middle of nowhere, with nothing interesting happening. Volutes decided to entertain by conquering a demiplane, so nothing very big really, just something different to do.

He explored the minds of the wisest sages and the most powerful shamans, finally discovering information about a small plane called the Cranial Vortex. It was a realm of constant change, thus perfect for the young god. With a little more digging around minds, he forced some of these mighty mages to create a portal for him.
Volutes found himself in a world that would have probably driven some of weaker minds insane. It was a world of constantly changing and warping terrain, landscape and sky, the only thing remaining about the same being a race of psionic aberrations, with a name unpronounciable for any mouth other than theirs. Volutes decided to call them "Splathwacks", according the sound they made when their head exploded and they fell to the ground. They considered Volutes a trespasser in their realm, and Volutes considered them an obstacle to defeat, so they battled. Without lifting a finger during the whole battle, a war even, Volutes entertained himself by destroying the Splathwacks' bodies from the inside or making them kill themselves or each other. Volutes suffered many hits and wounds, but his sheer determination kept him going.
At the end, Volutes was the only humanoid standing. He now had absolute control about the chaotic rift, revering in this irregular yet peaceful environment. After spending a period of time just messing around with his private realm, he suddenly remembered that he was now really a god. As his symbol, he created a crystal orb of shifting colors, decorated by three golden rings rotating around it, with no noticeable trajectories to determine their direction. He also marked five mortal individuals with his mark: all their hair fell off, but they received a slightly glowing tattoo on their heads to replace it. Along with the visible marking, they received Psionic talents, as well as knowledge of a few things Volutes considered important: How to build a temple for him, how to use their new powers and a little more information about slightly advanced technology.

Maryring
2011-01-20, 12:28 PM
Deneb plays lightly with her hair as she listens with half an ear to what the Godfather has to say. She already knows why they are there, and she feels a budding anticipation for what will happen now. She has prepared herself for this day, but had she done enough? The time for such doubts quickly passed though as she found herself shifted through space to the realm of mortals.

Immediately after her descent to the mortal plane, Deneb found herself as the centre of attention for a tribe of mortals. The Godfather had placed her in the middle of their home, and the sight of a divine being suddenly appearing before them had caused quite a stir. Looking around herself, then at herself, Deneb took a moment to reshape her appearance, and creating a visage of herself as that of a tall, youthful woman with golden-blonde hair and brown eyes. She draped herself in a pinkish red dress of cotton and silk, fabrics she knew the mortals to be unfamiliar with, covered in furs and leather as they were. The mortals, too frightened by what they had seen, did not calm down much upon her new shape, yet they listened as she spoke. She spoke to them about concepts and ideas. Thus far, they had merely survived by gathering and scavenging what they could. She taught them how to plow the earth and sow seeds. She gave them tools for their use, and lastly she taught them of worship. As her last gift to the mortals, she constructed a simple chapel of wood wherein she took three mortals and taught them how to read and write, before she left them. As she left, she tasked the mortals to create a weave of cloth in beautiful colours, demanding that the weave be of impeccable quality, lest she withhold her blessings when she returns.

She thus moved on, seeking out mortal settlements in the near areas to teach them secrets in agriculture, construction, hunting, fishing and metalurgy. She would never teach them all though, only what they needed to settle down more permanently, and what they could best utilize from their surroundings. Each time she left, she also left them with a task of construction, be it charms of ivory, circlets of copper and iron, constructs of clay or wood, or jewelry made of the most beautiful gems. Though each object was to be beautiful alone, Deneb herself had greater plans. Once she had sent enough people to work for her, she would begin to construct the framework of what would become her totem.

LongVin
2011-01-20, 02:49 PM
Vesper

Through the swirling mists of time and space Vesper find himself transported to this new world. It was nightfall out and the hooded god god pulled the cowl of his robe tight over his head so that only his glowing red eyes could be seen.

Beneath him he sensed a vast array of tunnels and caverns deep within the bowels of the earth. That is where he was destined. First, however he must find the entrances to this underworld. Wandering across the land, in the distance he could see a small village, fires lit the perimeter to keep predators and dangerous monsters away. Entering the camp, a lone watchmen rushes towards the god, "Monster! Intruder!" He shouts as he charges forward.

"Do not come any closer fool." growled Vesper at the still charging watchman.

The man swings at the robed god with his crude axe, Vesper easily ducks underneath the swing and grabs ahold of the man's wrist. Calling forth his innate power, the watchman's body weakens, pales, unnaturally aging and falls to the ground near death. He still had need of these people and this was only meant to be a show of force to the quickly gathering and now terrified villagers.

"If you move against me I shall kill him. Now, tell me does anyone know a path into the mountains and the caves below?" a few of the assembled nodded in affirmative "Then you will take me there and I will let your people live."

Led by the small group of humans the dark god is brought to the edge of the mountains and a small cave entrance leading down to the world below. Before the humans could depart, Vesper tapped them with the slightest touch and their skin grew pale, and their eyes grew red. They had become the chosen of Vesper destined to spread his word across the surface of this world.

Descending in the lightless tunnels of the world below the dark one worked his way through the maze of tunnels deeper and deeper into the bowels of the earth before coming upon a strange gathering of creatures in a large cavern. They had blueish-Black skin and white hair, and pointed ears like Elves. Dark Elves, the forgotten and hidden cousins of their surface counterparts. They danced around a sacrifical altar where one of their own was tied. Emerging from the far side of the cavern was a giant beast of stone, glowing with an inner green light. The chanting grew louder as the creature approached, scooping the maiden in one hand the elemental devoured her in one gulp.

This was Vesper's chance to prove his dominance over the world below and death itself. Drawing forth his blades he rushed from his hiding spot and leaped upon the stone wrought beasts back. His divinely infused weapons stabbing down into the creature as he ran up its back towards the stone head. The monster howled in pain and anger attempting to grab at Vesper, but the nimble god was too quick for it. After a rain of blows, the infernal green light of the creature winked out of existance and the magic holding the stone beast together came upon.

Stunned, in silence the Dark Elves dropped to their knees and prostrated themselves before this new, powerful being. Vesper smiled to himself. Yes, they would be his followers also. Imparting the same touch on the leaders of these Dark Elves as he did to the humans above their eyes grew with the inner fire of Vesper, they would be his clergy in the world below.

The_JJ
2011-01-20, 07:09 PM
Thorak stared at the stranger. "You understand," he said evenly, in case the exuberant young... man had not heard him over the howling Northern winds earlier, "that it is a beast of pure flame and death, shadows and darkness, that clawed its way from beneath the Underworld through the volcanic fires of Mount Garis some twenty years ago and has visited upon our people destruction and terror ever since."

"Oh yes," said the stranger smiling widely, "and I ask you again, will you follow me?"

You appeared out of thin air, dressed in furs like the rest of us, but apart from that different. Hoops of metal in your ears and eyebrow and nose and lips and who knew where else, carrying a strange sword, curved out, riding a finer horse than we've seen here since the Marelords rode west, perhaps longer. And you have a strange smile, stranger, but no name.

Thorak spat thoughtfully. "If I follow you... what can you offer me?"

The stranger laughed, then kicked the claw marks scored and scorched into the ground before them, heading south. "Good hunting."

Thorak paused, then nodded. Around him, several others of the warband silently lifted themselves into the saddle.

We follow because you smile like a man who can not lose.

Either you are mad and we are fools...

... or you are a man marked by greatness.

And so they rode south.

Kaiser Omnik
2011-01-21, 11:16 AM
The Tale of Pretty Boy Calguras

Calguras was the fairest of all Peiq's children. A perfectly chiseled body, as if sculpted out of pure white marble. Long, flowing hair sewn with starlight. A face noble and proud, manly yet delicate at the same time. At sports, combat and sciences, Calguras was merely average. Yet many of his siblings, and arguably the High Father himself, prefered him to the others; such was his legendary charm, wit, and ability to connect with people. Though in the last few years, Calguras started to exhibit some strange behavior - including locking himself in his room many a days at a time, eating less and less, and just looking confused - which led some to believe there was something wrong with this pretty boy. As time passed, much to the surprise and horror of his siblings, Calguras' body inexplicably deteriorated; at first it was a few barely noticeable scars here and there, but soon his hair fell and grangrene slowly manifested on his feet and hands. The boy didn't think much of it, as if he was undergoing nothing abnormal, and he usually acted just as charming as he used to. However, one day it was discovered what exactly he was doing in his room: Calguras periodically encased himself in a silk cocoon of sorts, of which he emerged with more and more defects each time. How could he undergo such a transformation willingly, wondered his brothers and sisters. More importantly, how could Pieq, known for destroying countless "imperfect" worlds let such a behavior go on? Whatever his reasons, the High Father didn't intervene. From that day on, Calguras remained mostly alone, contemplating his decaying physical form. As the children of Pieq assembled in the Great Hall to start their journey in the mortal world, they were shocked to witness the results of Calguras' latest mutation. He now appeared as a gaunt, half-bald man with elongated arms and neck, giant, sharp nails and a pair of decrepit, non-functional bat-like wings. His yellow skin covered in scars and partially eaten by gangrene. The only things which had not changed in him were his eyes...and his smile. Which was all the more troubling to his siblings.

To be continued

Xulfog
2011-01-21, 03:02 PM
(How is this?)

When Father spoke, Xulfog only nodded. *He was not one who normally spoke much. *He is not surprised when he is transported, as he knew all the possibilities, and was thusly prepared for the majority of them. *Upon arrival, he is in the middle of nowhere. *Nothing but dead plants and animals surrounded him. *As his first act,**He begins weaving the nothingness into a predictable pattern. *A pattern which all beings would be subject to. *As he is weaving he contemplates a name. *As the final weaves are created, he thinks of the perfect name. "My child shall be called Time. *She shall cause things to come and go, empires to rise and fall, and life to develop. *None shall avoid her might." ***With his now solid form, he makes himself a suitable body, then pulls some fabric out of his creation for use as a robe. *He looks around, frowning. *"My my, this simply cannot do.". With that, he reverses the timefield around the area, bringing all of the dead things within back to life. *He also gave them the gift of gradual adaptation. *He calls it Evolution. *The last thing he does for the animals there is give them tools, which they shall eventually develop into higher forms of technology. *As an afterthought, he makes them inquisitive creatures, always striving to learn more about themselves and their environments. *This would develop into the sciences over time.

drack
2011-01-21, 03:46 PM
The birth of Shatten Kasmur:
Shatten Kasmur was first birthed shrouded in a writhing darkness so deep that only his father could see through it, and what he saw caused his eyes to widen in surprise. He had been attempting to create one of his own to balance the sharing of knowledge that gods must constantly preform, but this child could also read and control shadows themselves. Peiq quickly focused his thoughts away from the dark places in the mind where one is likely to leave words untold for all eternity before this mistaken child could steal any more. He than sealed Shatten away in a chamber made of his own radiance. Thinking carefully he decided that Shatten had not gained any knowledge of any real importance, or any that would change his task. If anything he knew Shatten would hold this knowledge to himself for all eternity, and in thus would fulfill the roll of one of secrecy all the better. Thus he permitted Shatten to live on, and freed him from his confinement.
(since we're saying "father" I'm gonna refer to Peiq as a male. :smallwink:)
Entering the land of mortals:
Shatten had always feared and disliked Peiq for being able to see through his shadows, and more still that he had kept his inner shadows empty since the moment of Shatten's birth. All the same he gave a small tight nod and a smile that the day was finally at hand. (these went unnoticed by his siblings) The next moment he found himself in a frozen landscape. He silently reached out to the shadows of the earth it's self to find his way. Soon he came to a village, carried by the wind he landed softly in the middle of the market. Little time was wasted as he quickly looked at the shadows of the people, gleaning bits of knowledge for which the earth had no care. He learned of one realm in particular that perked his interest. It was feared by humans, but they themselves knew vary little about it. It was a world of darkness and shadows, filled with all manner of beasts, than again nobody actually saw the beasts because they were all as dark as the surrounding realm.

Entering his realm:
Shatten quickly opened up a gateway from his own shadow, and stepped through, heedless of the now frantic people running about. The gateway quickly closed behind him as he was no longer there to cast the shadow that was the gate. No sooner had he stepped into this realm than a series of beasts, somewhat dog like in shape, attacked him. They had been used to the shadows that made up the realm protecting them, and were surprised when all at once those vary shadows began slashing them to pieces until all that was left of them was more shadow to fill the realm. Shatten patiently strode down the endless hallways, listening to the realm tell him of something none knew of at the other end. Slowly his pace quickened, faster and faster he strode, until even his own natural shadows just barely clung to him, and as he traveled he began bending the world to his whim. Finally he arrived.

The_JJ
2011-01-22, 03:36 AM
The beast had run.

Whatever Thorak had seen in the stranger, the beast had seen to.

From the high, wind sweep tundras, down the plateaus, through pine forest and over great rivers, the beast had run, and they given chase. At last they reached the shore, watch the beast's trail disappear into the surf. The men crowed and cheered; the thing had been driven off. Thorak, though, looked to their leader. He shook his head.

"It will be back. Rested and prepared while you rest unprepared." He said, quietly, though his words cut across the celebrations well enough. "And I do hate to leave a job unfinished."

And so they had built ships...

Lo Rolam lifted his head and peered around, counting the sails of his battered flotilla. "You say this... beast summoned the storm?" He asked the odd man, odder even than the sea sick Northerners who were evidently quite uncomfortable on this open sea.

"To slow our pursuit, yes."

The fisherman scratched his chin with a well callused finger. "You understand that we're far from the sight of land, unfamiliar with these stars and currents, and even our guide birds return to us, having found no land. We have fish aplenty, but no water."

"I suppose I do now. It changes little. So... will you follow me?"

"What do you offer me?"

The man closed his eyes, and pointed at a point on the horizon starboard. "Guidance. We can find a current there, it will take us after the beast."

Lo Rolam considered the finger. Any fool or mad man could point to the horizon. But...

... there was some thing. Enough.

So be it. "Heh. Set the rudder, son-of-mine! Daughter..." the fisherman considered his little fleet. "Fetch my harpoon."

The sea was a capricious foe already. Perhaps someone ought to teach this 'beast' not to stir up storms.

Maryring
2011-01-22, 09:05 AM
"Miss Deneb!? Miss Deneb!?" Deneb looks up from the jewel she was carving, and she gently puts down the almost spherical ruby on the ground as a young mortal female enters her temple and kneels before her. She had found these mortals living in the mountains, enduring in natural caverns and surviving on whatever they could scavenge. She saw that the mountain was rich in natural metals and stones, tools that she knew they could use. She had taught them how to work the mountain, how to smooth the walls, dig deeper, and work the materials they could pull out. With stronger weapons and better tools, their lives became better she knew, and it was on their own initiative they had built her this temple, a task she happily helped them with. And now one of them approached her.

The young woman looks up at Deneb, and her voice dries in. Even when she hid her true shape and took the shape of mortals, there was an undeniable unearthly grace surrounding her. Without a word, the girl hands Deneb a ring forged from copper. It is of poor quality, with bulked edges, and much too big for any of the mortal's kin to wear, yet still there is a slight pride behind all the fear in the mortal's voice when she exclaims. "My very first work."

Deneb nods slowly. These short mortals still have a lot to learn, but she could tell that what this young woman currently lacked in talent, she made up for with passion. "Is it... does it please you Miss Deneb?"

Deneb places a hand on the young one's shoulder. "It does, and yet... I know you can do so much better." She ponders the ring, before she holds it between her hands. She makes a few quick gestures, before she opens her hands again, revealing an almost perfect torus of electrum and platinum. The only "flaw" is a small indentation, in which Deneb quickly fits a small shard of her ruby. She rubs over the shard again, polishing it before she hands the almost sparkling ring back to the mortal. "One day, you will make something like this. Continue to learn mortal, and return to me when you have mastered the art, so as that any copy made of this, not even I will be able to identify."

The young girl swallows loudly, bows, then leaves swiftly, allowing Deneb to resume her work. She had waited for the one among these mortals who would create her artifact, and with that done, she swiftly finished her work and left her temple.

Hidden away deep within the forests that made up most of the continent she was on, is where Deneb hides her totem. A towering structure, far taller than any mortal. The lower half is made out of metals, the stronger metals at the bottom, with gradually softer metals going up to halfway up, where the metal smoothly goes over into stones. Marbles, quartz, clays and similar reach up to the top. And all across the totem are beautiful gemstones, fit into intricate patterns with meaning to none but Deneb. The god fits the ruby she polished into the top of the totem before she steps back with an admiring smile. "Beautiful. It is beautiful."

ArlEammon
2011-01-22, 09:37 AM
Dahakahn

The being known as Dahakahn arrived just outside the city of Durgon. Durgon, the city of history. . .ancient in the world. This city was built by the Dragon Lords many centuries ago in order to provide humans gratitude for an alliance they had against a now unknown enemy, known only as the Storm of Darkness. It had been quite some time since the people had ever seen a dragon. . So when Dahakahn appeared in the ancient Summoning Circle with his humanoid shape, they just had no idea that he was, in fact, one.

However, it appeared that Dahakahn had lost most of his powers. . . Dahakahn, looking lost and confused, stumbled out of the Summoning Circle, making his way to an old cave, now filled with what seemed oddly familiar to Dahakahn. The cave had been filled with great treasure and valuables, yet some objects eeemed most familiar to him. . . Massive Rubies, almost the size of the ones he had at home, the size of small houses in some of the caverns, and here they were, in mortal possession. . . it seems.

Dahakahn turned around, noticing that he was now being confronted with armed gaurds.

He easily overcame them, not because he had any of his powers left, except for his divine spark. And yet, he turned his face towards a jeweled sword with draconic emblems on the helt, with draconic wings for the handle. After grabbing the sword, Dahakahn swung his sword, disarming all his opponents, blocking all arrows, and terrorizing all with his strength, he pointed the sword towards them, and he escaped without harming a soul, except for a few bruises.

So Dahakahn stumbled into the city of Durgon, seen by a few of the watchmen who were supposed to be gaurding the cavern's treasures. He wandered the city, noticing the magnficent sculptures of dragons all around. He had noticed that some of them had gems in their eye sockets. Then he remembered Peiq's history lesson.

These sculptures were dragons that lived thousands of years ago, protecting humans and were the paragons of dragonhood. Those who were worthy have their likeness near the Palaces and Temples of Durgon, with gemstones in the sockets to mark their stature among other dragons.

Dahakahn grinned. . . He would wait until night fall before he took them for his own. . . He knew they were more than just valuable gemstones.

drack
2011-01-22, 10:49 AM
Shatten's great anticipation turned to disbelief as he stopped stunned at the sight before him. This realm already had a "god". The realm was possessed by a massive shadow being. The creature had led him to this chamber with a secret open to any who came, and thus closed to Shatten's ability. Within this chamber the creature's powers were at their peek. Shatten, noticing this found that his powers as well held more strength here. The entire chamber was filled with shadow stuffs so dense that most would find themselves unable to move, thus readied Shatten and the shadow creature clashed.

A battle in the dark:

Shatten hastened to focus his own shadow into hundreds of little darts, and fire them into his foe, yet the shadow creature in all its immensity forms a twelve layered wall of darkness which only lost eight layers of plating in the onslaught. Shatten knew he needed a plan fast, but this thought was interrupted by the shadow creature altering its wall to curl around Shatten, slowly flattening him. Shatten formed his darkness into innumerable solid rods to hold the wall at bay as he stepped through his own shadow into the darkness outside of the sphere. He then linked a portion of his own shadow to that of the creature, and caused grasping hands to spring forth.

The shadow creature grew infuriated as it’s hide was ripped by a million grasping hands. It made a whirl of shadow, binding the shadow hands as well as a large portion of it’s own shadow into a single marble, and let it drop heavily to the floor. Shatten didn’t waste time seeing what had become of his shadow hands, quickly forming a swarm of ravens from the surrounding darkness. The ravens plucked and pulled at the creature’s shadow, snatching bits of it away whenever the creature grew distracted, swerving away whenever the creature reached its talons out to the birds. The shadow creature now began growing vines of darkness, absorbing all they touched, they would curl around the shadow stuff of the realm and flourish. Shatten grew frantic as one of the vines began to curl around him consuming his own constantly extruded shadows. He lashed out with waves of shadow only to see them consumed by the vine. The shadow creature laughed, a hideous knowing little laugh.

Than a thought struck Shatten, reaching out a hand he allowed the vine to crawl it’s way to the shadow creature as well, and consciously stopped producing his own shadow. The vine on him quickly withered and died without proper nutrition, but the shadow creature, franticly lashing out at the vine with darkness of its own was only allowing the vine to tighten around its self. Shatten took a careful step back and with a pang suddenly realized that this creature was the sole reason that he had chosen this realm. Quickly as the shadows throughout the realm receded back unto the creature who was their core, he pulled bits and pieces of the creature’s existence free on the vine. Soon after it had begun the vine had spread far and wide throughout the realm, consuming even his birds. Shatten then opened a gate through which the shadow vine could yet feed. It hastened into the darkness only to find that amidst this darkness there was burning hellfire. Though it had appeared a dark and shadow filled land the truth was that that was only the shadows cast by the flickering flames of hell. The vine was quickly consumed, and Shatten shut his gateway before anything could come the other way.

Shatten now attempted to nurture the bits of the shadow creature that he had been able to claim from the vine. Shatten fed the creature through his own ever present shadow, and quickly the creature reformed it’s self, thus had Shatten gained the obedience of his realm. Shatten now picked up the marble that had been made in their struggle, somehow untouched by the vine, and began his slow walk back to the island of frost and snow at which he first landed.

Edit: (As I said, this is my first time in a god game, so tell me if I overstep my bounds)

Edit 2:

A world without darkness:
Shatten returned to the world to find that people were becoming more civilized, but they were also sharing all their knowledge so freely. Where the best game trails were, the best fishing places, how to read the tide, how they felt, even confessing to crimes. In this moment Shatten became disappointed in society. He saw this as a holy paladin may see the world turning into a world solely composed of mutated muggers and thieves. He sat on a naturally formed obelisk of ice, and thought to himself how he should best deal with this. He thought and thought, and eventually decided that they must be taught not to teach, but all the same he was opposed to teaching them in any manner.
A change in the dead of night:
Eventually he decided to help the poor inhabitants of this world. He came down to the town he had been examining in the dead on night and segmented off a piece of his ever present cloud of darkness for each of the inhabitants, and sent each piece off to lodge it’s self down their throats, and make its way to their hearts. As the shadows entered them the air around them grew darker, and soon the town looked as it did at night during the day. The people rushed out to question each other as to what had happened, but when they grew closer together the sky darkened more, such that they could no longer even see each other.
Teaching a lesson:
Than Shatten’s voice spoke to them from the dark recesses of their mind that they hadn’t even known they possessed. A region of the mind in which thoughts that enter will never be shared. This voice slowly taught them how to lie, about deception and theft, about hording knowledge, it taught them about deaths never discovered, that one should never confess to anything, and how to steer a conversation such that you learn about them without exposing anything about yourself. He taught them how to weave tails, and about extortion, and dark dealings. He taught them about smuggling, fraud, impersonation, manipulation, and last but not least he taught them the hidden art of politics. When he was contented that they had become knowledgeable he sent them out across the world to practice his gifts.
Implementing knowledge newly gained:
They were told never to speak of them, but only to demonstrate. Soon it became a common tale that people just disappeared, strangers would wander into a town and prey off the charity of individuals through false heart woeing tails, a man would walk into a town, cheat, lie, steal, and walk out with a hefty sum. After the followers were contented that they had taught all of the world they returned to their little town, and used their riches to make it a massive Iceland empire, welcoming all cheats frauds and thieves alike. Then again the new arrivals were way out of their league, and commonly never left, or if they did, the con artists had been coned, the thieves robbed, and even assassins and mercenaries went penniless. These teachings slowly spread across the realms, though the city of darkness (officially named “the fortunate empire”) remained the richest aria in regards to such talents.
Back in the village:
While his followers had journeyed out to spread his teachings Shatten himself decided what to do with that marble of darkness. He carefully unfurled it to find that the darkness had taken on a life of its own. He stretched it out, and confined it to the obelisk of ice upon which he had sat. Now shadows constantly swirled within its depths, constantly offering him safe passage. This became his totem, despite this his followers could never make anything out of it upon their return, and soon there were a million fake myths about it.
The one that went unnoticed:
One sick child had remained in bed sick when the town had been changed. Since his illness had been common knowledge among the villagers Shatten had not been able to find out about it through reading their secrets, and thus had not changed him with the others. The child was the one who ultimately spread the word of Shatten’s existence. He told of how his village had been changed by a great shadow, and thus the world came to know of Shatten, the great shadow as the boy called him.

The_JJ
2011-01-23, 07:16 PM
"What can you offer us?" Farragut said, standing over the ruins of his burning home, voice despairing. The fires consumed the port town, and the warehouses on the wharf before them. Downriver, their own ships were burning, cut away from the docks, but for no good. The only way out would be into the river.

"Shelter from the storms," the leader of the odd fleet said, and extended his hand, strange determination in his voice. The refugees would slow him down, and he was so close to the beast, but... it had to be done.

Farragut laughed, and pushed his daughter at the man. "Take the young and old and sick. The rest will swim until we're clear."

"What can you offer us?"

"Companionship."

"What can you offer us?"

"The warmth of our fire."

"What can you offer us?"

"Rest for the weary."

"WHAT!" the young woman screamed. "What can you offer us!?" She waved her hand behind her, at the fires, and the smoke, and the corpses.

The leader of that insane band started to say something, but his voice choked up. He took a breath, tried again. "Vengeance."

That night he called his followers to him, and for the first time addressed them as a group. He spoke softly, and asked for volunteers. He rejected many whose age, young or old, did not match their bravery. He did not turn down his newest followers, though, and three of the five were younger than other hothead's he'd rejected. They rode out onto hot desert sands, and followed the beast. They harried it with harpoons and darts and lance, until at last it waited for them in a trough between sand dunes.

There was a whooping and cheering from the hunters as they realized their prey had at last stopped running. But when the young woman glanced at the stranger her triumphant smile died, because he was not cheering, but staring through the sand.

"I can hear him. He's laughing." he said, so soft only she heard it, then heeled his mount over the dune.

The band followed, but their triumph was drowned out by a roar of fire, and glass stood where there had once been 5 men, and their horses. Thorak was the first the reach the beast, the enormous northerner brought his club into the things face with a tremendous swing...

... and it shattered into splinters that caught fire and smokes as they scattered into the sand. The beast back handed the man idly, sending the man bowling backwards.

Then the stranger was upon the beast, recurved sword free of it's sheath, making an overhead cut at the beat's out stretched limb, which went spinning to the sand wreathed in smoke. The beast reached out another limb, and spit the man's horse through. Their leader tumbled off, beneath the beast.

Smoke filled the air, the sands began to shift, and by the time the raiders had recovered control of their senses and their mounts the beast was 40 yards away. They could see it, hazy through the smoke, unnatural and unaccountable darkness leeching away even the noon time sun.

And there before it stood their leader, lit up by the liquid fire that burned along the blade of his sword, dripped from it. And each time the two clashed and separated the beast's flanks would be score0 once more d by the blade, and more liquid fire would bleed from it.

The ground beneath the two churned, and became viscous, a combat on molten glass as the beast was bled out. It collapsed into the glass and silence reigned. The wind picked up, adding ripples to the battleground. Then the beast began to... laugh. The young woman had no other word for it. A malicious projection, greasy and malevolent, amused and satisfied by the harm it had inflicted, smugly enjoying watching the pitiful beings sit there, believing they had won.

Then it began to sink into the glass, and the young woman knew, knew that it was not merely going beneath the sands, but beneath the world.

Their leader watched it laugh calmly, then spoke. "No." A simple negation that snapped the beast's emotional assault like a hawser. Then he leapt upon it's back, carving line after line of fire into it's flesh, and the two disappeared behind smoke and flame.

Presently the sun returned to it's full glory, and the smoke was chased away by the wind, and no trace of the fires could be seen. Only a hard pool of clear glass could be seen. The young woman walked out onto it, and peered down. Beneath the surface the red glow was dying as the heat spread itself into the sand beneath it, but there was no sign of beast or man.

The sun began to set, and began to match in color the slowly dying deep red glow of the warm glass beneath the hard glass surface. The woman stayed, sitting on the edge of that strange lake, even when all the others had left to tend to the wounded, and bring news to the rest of the followers.

Around midnight she awoke with a start, the the sound of breaking glass. She stood swiftly, just in time to see a battered and burned man pull himself from the glass and roll, breathing heavily. His skin was badly burned, every inch, and his piercings looked malformed, as if they too had run a little molten. Razor sharp obsidian chips, true volcanic glass, were embedded in the man's hands, feet, face, and back. The sword lay next to him, blade no longer flaming but glowing pure white.

The young woman rushed to the broken man's side, and he raised his head to greet her.

"My first gift, not barter, not trade, shall be yours." he rasped between cracked lips. "And it shall be your deepest desire."

And his skin began to grow, replace itself, reshaping. The obsidian chips ran, not the fiery molten run of the glass hours before, but a simple transference to a liquid sheen overlaying the body of the man, who laughed in surprise, deep and hearty, from a remade throat and lungs. "That I be whole again? A singularly unselfish request." He stood unsteadily, but with new strength, and leaned upon the woman. He faced north, and waved. Up on the ridge, stood the whole of his following, who had waited there so as not to wake the young woman. He tottered off of the glass and onto the sand.

"My next gift is for the desert, and the world." He took his sword from the woman, and plunged it into the glass. Again, it began to run, but when he withdrew his white hot sword the moonlight danced and glittered off a shining pool of clearest, coolest water.

"And my next gift is for you," he said to the assembled crowd. "Come to me," he gestured, and took his adherents, one by one, and cupped a handful of water, then dribbled it over their heads. Only when it left his hands it was not water but the black sheen that had covered him before, marking each in turn.

"Now, one last barter. Will you follow me?"

"What do you have to offer us?" they whispered, but in one voice that filled the desert air.

"Hope."

He turned, and took up his sword once more, and began to wade into the water, calling as he went, "Follow me on the wind and the road, look for me in places unknown, wait for me at the traveler's fire. You have no need to find me in adversity, for I will always be with you then." He stopped, turned to the young woman who had followed him into the water, kissed her once, then dived deep into the pool. The sword flashed once, and he was gone.

And after that there was a new desert tribe, that grew and spread and prospered and shared it's blood with the world around it, and those desended no matter how remotely, so long as they believed, would have, at very least, some small patch of tough, smooth skin on their forehead, not just black, but the iridescent sheen of volcanic glass.

nysisobli
2011-01-23, 07:57 PM
To all who have awoken.

The sky begins to glow red, and fiery, after several minutes of this strange phenomena, the sky lights up in a blinding white light. Then, you feel the rumble, in the middle continent a massive meteor has struck, and in the minutes after the collision, eldritch horrors have began to spread across the land.
Twisted strange aberrations, who are obviously from another world.

Start turn two
The age of the abominations

please read

Upon awakening you know you can sense every other god who has awoken, on top of that, you can speak to them mentally, and if they have a sanctum or are in the same continent as you, you can teleport directly to them.

You now have 3 major acts, 3 minor acts, and 1 ceremony, I have set a table up with your first domain powers, and your known portfolios :)

The_JJ
2011-01-23, 08:15 PM
The wind, driven by the blast of the impact and the fires it spread, gusted and fluttered, and, on a hilltop, eddied strangely, bearing a gust from the desert lands toward the crater. There was a snap, and rustle, and a figure clothed head to toe in the garb of a desert nomad stood on the hill.

He could hear his followers silent prayers, determined, and the more desperate prayers of the others, not his believers but travelers nonetheless, and so under his responsibility.

My siblings, he thought there is much to discuss, and work to be done. Meet with me.

Burning one Major act each on Channeling and Melee Expertise (Yatagan).

Saving the other to (maybe) burn in a ceremony to see off these interlopers.

Though some of you are going to try and tame them aren't you. :smallsigh:

Maryring
2011-01-23, 09:08 PM
Deneb is in a rather foul mood. When she had returned to the mortal realm, she found that while she was away, constructing the Tower of Creation and thus with her mind elsewhere, someone or something had tainted the minds of one of the towns of her followers. A clever ploy, she thinks, as she takes comfort in that one of her flock managed to avoid this... this darkness which had stolen their minds and replaced her teachings with its own. This corruption that spread the terrible concepts of lies and treachery had to be stopped somehow, but Deneb has no idea as to its source. It could be one of her brothers, or perhaps one of the darker forces that Father left upon the world. She sighs and gazes out over the jungles of the Middle Continent. Here, her followers were still faithful, but she knows that she must teach them to protect themselves from dishonesty and theft. Else the shadow could spread, an idea she finds terrifying. But as she sits on her totem, she notices a peculiar object in the sky. "Odd. My astrology-charts doesn't indicate..." she blinks in astonishment as the object becomes bigger, before it crashes into the forest, tearing up the undergrowth. She feels a pang of fear as she knows the impact is close to the settlement of one of her followers.

When Deneb arrives at the impact, she finds that two mortals are already there. Questioning them, she learns that they were part of a small group of hunters. When the meteor fell, they split in half, with one group returning home to notify the village, while the other went to investigate. But as Deneb interviews the mortals, an omnious feeling of dread falls over her. She turns around, just in time to see strange creatures come from the meteor. Some of them are already charging towards her. Deneb is not one caught unawares though. She quickly reaches down into her toolbelt and pulls out a vial of crimson red, which she tosses towards the beast. Upon impact, the vial explodes in a ball of fire, which knocks the beasts backwards but, to Deneb's horror, does not much more. She frowns as she calls upon her powers of creation to create a dome of stone, which she quickly slams down upon the meteor, before she turns to the mortals behind her. "This will not hold them for long. Return to your village. Tell them to evacuate. You will not be able to hold them off on your own. Travel north. Seek sanctuary among my other followers." The two mortals nods and turns to flee, leaving Deneb to stare at the dome which the beasts are already trying to break down. Shaking her head, she turns to leave, travelling to each and every community under her protection to warn them of this threath.

Shortly after she visits her last community, she hears the voice of her brother within her mind. She frowns, because if they also know, it means that this is bigger than she first thought.

"The Meteor struck close to my Totem, but so far they have avoided its immediate vincity. I suggest we meet there, for we need to act swiftly."

nysisobli
2011-01-23, 09:19 PM
@ Denab

A mysterious voice rings out in your mind, Trapping them won't help, nor will destroying them, the ones that escaped already will breed fast. But try what you like the are nothing but vermin after all.

Privateer
2011-01-23, 11:53 PM
Gaius

Lush, full tropical forests were rustling softly in the distance. Warm breeze licked the young god's powerful torso, and sunshine reflected off his skin. He noticed an abundance of fruit on the trees as he came closer - red, ripe, and ready for the taking. Gaius extended his arm and the juicy peach left the branch effortlessly. He bit into it, savouring the taste.

Then his eyes returned to the branch he took the peach from. In the very spot where his fruit used to be there was now another, a juicy peach just like the one in his hand.

Movement in the nearby bushes called his attention. A closer look revealed two rabbits. The creatures glared at him, and the young god chuckled, letting the branches return to their place, covering the animals from him. A moment later the rustling stopped. Then the rabbits came out, followed by a dozen tiny white babies.

"Yes," he thought. "This is the Garden of Plenty. The domain of Fertility. And it will be mine."

Gaius took a path through the forest, which eventually lead to a clearing. He was now in a field of ripe wheat, waves upon golden waves of it. Here, too, new grain grew every time he broke off a spica. Off in the distance he saw a meadow with a variety of cattle and sheep grazing happily. Their bellies had a healthy swell.

"Halt!"

Although he knew what to expect, the Guardians still caught him by surprise. Three beautiful women, tall and wide in the hips, stood before him clad in shiny armor. Three swords were pointed at his throat.

Without a word they lunged forward, and it was only the hero's superhuman reflexes that saved him from being sliced like ham. He rolled, then stood and parries several more strikes with his spear.

The Guardians showed incredible agility and skill that no human could match. Gaius, though not human, could barely keep up with them. The battle continued, then, finally, he caught one of his foes on the tip of his spear, and ran her through. The Guardian convulsed in pain, and disappeared in a flash, prompting a victorious laugh from Gaius.

But she did not disappear completely. Four small seeds were left behind. He watched them fall to the ground, and as they did the seeds germinated. They grew all in a matter of seconds and before our hero could catch his breath four new Guardians were standing before him in place of the one he slew.

If the battle was though with three opponents, Gaius now had to face twice as many. And every time he finally managed to slay one, she turned to seeds again and grew another four in her place.

The epic battle lasted many hours. To truly defeat an opponent Gaius had to not merely land a killing blow, but to then rush in and catch in mid-air all four of the tiny seeds that resulted before they had a chance to hit the ground. He failed sometimes, but in the end he was successful, and the thirty two seeds rested safely in his pouch.

The pyramid, which the Guardians protected so valiantly, was then revealed to him. Gaius ascended up its stairs to the narrow doorway at the top. It was blocked by a maid of unearthly beauty.

"I am Aria," she said. "And you must kill me."

"You want to be killed?" he asked, puzzled.

So struck was Gaius by her beauty and her words that he only later noticed that Aria was not simply standing in the doorway. Her hands and knees were going into the stone walls, and there was no way for her to move, nor was there way for him to pass while she was in the doorway.

"Oh, no, I very much want to live!" Aria protested. "But you must kill me. It is the only way... The tree, too, pains when you take its fruit, but you must cause this pain for more trees to grow from the fruit's seeds. Death is a natural part of growth. So is pain and blood. Only through spilling my blood can you enter."

Aria's eyes closed in anticipation of the blow and her chest heaved: "Strike sure..."

He hesitated. Gaius found it hard to hit this beautiful, innocent creature, let alone kill her. Aria, in the meantime, was shaking in anticipation of her death.

"Come on!" she cried out angrily.

Gaius closed his eyes. His hands gripped the spear and with a deafening roar the young god drove it through the maiden's heart. When he opened his eyes, he saw a smile of bliss, mixed with pain, on her blood-covered face.

"Good," Aria whispered.

As her blood reached his feet, Aria's eyes closed, and Gaius felt her entity entering him. It felt like incredible power, all in his control, like immortality and eternal bliss all in one. When he opened his eyes he saw hundreds of Guardians surrounding him, covering every step of the earthy pyramid. They were bowing deeply to him. The Domain of Fertility was now his.

Gaius has ascended and in his hand he held a totem to prove it - a fine ear of corn made of pure gold and glowing like no ordinary gold can.

SilverLeaf167
2011-01-24, 01:11 AM
As the aberrations landed in the Realm, Volutes knew he couldn't protect everyone, and he really didn't want to anyway. However, he had to take action. He approached the tribes of his Branded ones, infusing all of them with lesser psychic power, creating his own favored race: The Willing. Their hair fell off and their eyes started glowing with white light. He then sent them to travel as nomads, led by his Branded. They shall use their collective might to enslave the beasts and use them for their own means, including amusement.

Now that he had his own people, he wanted something to show his power and influence. With a moment's thought, he built himself a massive fortress the size of a small city, and lift it up into the air with his psionic power. He named it the Fortress of Determination. It would be able to move in the air and even between realms, but only to planes which Volutes could enter by himself.

After finishing his preparations, he answered the telepathic message: "Very well. I will be there", entered his fortress and flew over the planar boundaries to the Material Realm.

The Willing
The Willing look like normal humans, except that they have no hair and their eyes are shining white. They have psionic powers, which evolve as they age. They travel around the world as nomads, doing whatever Volutes wants them to do; currently that means taming aberrations. They can recreate both through traditional breeding and a special ritual, which transforms a normal human into one of them. The ritual requires at least three people and a few hours. At about hundred years of age, they lose their ability to breed or participate in rituals, becoming Branded, and die at about 150 years of age.
The Fortress of Determination
-- drawing coming soon --
The Fortress is a massive oddly-designed castle, kept in the air by Volutes's psionic power. It is the size of a small city, and has to fly quite high if he wants to go unnoticed. It has a massive copy of his totem orb spinning around it, designating its owner's might.
Actions
Major Act: Alter existant race
Major Act: Create minor sanctum

Privateer
2011-01-24, 01:21 AM
Gaius - The Coming

Having acquired his power, it was becoming of a true god to make an impact on the mortal world and get known. Gaius examined the world as it was. Pitiful. The plants cultivated there, bearing only tiny fruits, were barely able to sustain people, who, because of it, seemed little better than cavemen. They had animals, too, but the animals were no better than the plants - small, sickly, and slow to give offspring. The only thing that pleased his eye were the people. They had many offspring, even though they had little food to support them. Because of it, most of their litter died young, and the population stayed almost constant. He was going to change that.

It was early morning when the god in his human form showed up on the horizon from the farming town located in the southern continent. Behind him he had a herd of majestic cattle, brought straight from his domain. The animals were healthy and large, and each carried on it a bag of grains, fruits, and vegetables.

Needless to say, his arrival drew attention.

"Heed, people! I am Gaius, your god!" He spoke. "It is through me that your crops grow. It is through me that your animals multiply. It is through me that your children come."

"And I brought gifts!" He gestured to the herd.

"There is one head there for each man, woman, or child in this town. And each bears fruits for you to enjoy. It is my will that you take what is yours and only what is yours. It is my will that you grow these plants from their seeds and enjoy their harvests for ages to come. It is my will that you trade these fruits and animals to other towns that honor and worship me, so that they also can enjoy of my blessing. It is my will that you construct a fitting temple and worship me, for I blessed you, but I can curse you! And it is my will that you spread my message to other towns."

Gaius continued for eight days straight, teaching the mortals how to worship him, pray, make sacrifices, and otherwise instructing them on his ways. He then picked eighty and eight of the best, most enthusiastic worshippers. The eighty were tasked to go with missions to other towns of the world, to share the fertile seeds, to spread word of Gaius and attract followers. The eight were the best of the best. Each was toughed by Gaius himself and where his hand touched a small golden mark appeared in the form of an ear of corn. The eight became his most fanatical and unquestionable followers, who got to come to the Garden of Plenty with their god.

drack
2011-01-24, 06:03 AM
Shatten cautiously approaches one of the creatures with the will to find how best to deal with them. First he remained concealed in it's own shadow and found it not to notice. Than he solidified his dark cloud to form some daggers which themselves did little but announce his presence to the beast. As it swung at him he slipped from it's shadow to another's, allowing the beast to strike the ground. So as long as you don't encounter them, or rather they don't encounter you, you should be fine... This was hardly enough to do much about, but he was sure that his followers would simply assume avoidance at first, and that their networks of spies would warn them well enough. Shatten now hearing the call of his brother and sister slipped from that area to that at which the gods converge.
All
"why have you called us my dearest siblings?" These words slowly echo up to the recipients from the dark recesses of their minds. "I see that someone has been a bit liberal with their ... what was your word for it? Development? Evolution?" "So who was it, and what do you intend we do about it?"

Maryring
2011-01-24, 12:37 PM
Though loathe to leave her people undefended, Deneb realizes that in order to get help from her siblings, she will have to travel to meet them. She sheds her mortal form and disperses upon the aethers, before she congeals in the far east. Upon her entrance, she hears Shatten's question, and she turns to him with a frown. "Surely you jest Brother. Have you not noticed? Do you not know? Abominations not of this world has arrived from beyond the stars, and we must stop them. Or do you truly not know of this danger?"

drack
2011-01-24, 01:25 PM
Shatten, somewhat annoyed that his sister would conceder something so plane to be beyond his knowledge allowed more words to echo through the minds of the gods, though now with an ominous undertone. "I know it quite well sister, but I do not see it as such a catastrophic threat as you. Long ago there were creatures called dragons who inhabited this world. These creatures were powerful and majestic, controlling land and see alike. Now with our powers we could easily end them, and they pose no direct threat to us, but I propose an alternative. Dragons existence was a constant lesson to all the mortal races that they are not the most powerful force, not the longest living race, and most importantly that they know little compared to that of others. I propose that some of us join together, altering these creatures. Make it such that they do not breed, and that their natural life span stretches on longer. Teach them to communicate with those who serve us, and incorporate them into this mysterious world we are yet crafting."

Xulfog
2011-01-24, 01:39 PM
Major Act: Gain Magical Knowledge domain.

2xMajor Act: Create Time magic.

Time Magic:
Time magic is very complex and difficult to learn. To use it, you must use chants. There are two types of chants: Personal and General. General chants are spells recorded in ancient volumes by Xulfog himself, and can be used by anyone foolish enough to read them ou loud. Without good knowledge of magic, using such chants could easily kill you.
Personal chants are very different and even more difficult. Only true masters can ever even learn them, though each person has one from birth. These chants allow for truly powerful time magics, and each person has their own chant. Families have similar chants, but no two chants are the same. Any attempt to steal a personal chant will backfire, usually resulting in death.

Time Magic And You!:
So, you're a time wizard? Do you know what that means? No? Well, time wizards are able to bend time around themselves. General chants allow for time to be slowed or sped up, or even stopped for a second or two. Personal chants give you incredible powers. You can speed up time and slow it down ridiculously, pause entire cities, bring an army to it's knees! But you get the point. Personal chants, with their power, are hard to discover. They take decades to discover if you really try.

The_JJ
2011-01-24, 01:56 PM
The Wanderer sighs as he approaches Deneb and Shatten. "I am the eternal guide, and generally nondiscriminatory, so might on the surface agree with Shatten. But there's much in play here. These abominable intrusion, ecological damage of the impact aside, has great potential to permanently disrupt the equilibrium of the system. These things are not my followers, might never be, and regardless a mono-culture works against almost all our ideals. Though I'm no advocate for the complete extermination, some action is certainly called for on our parts." He coughed. "Sorry, I've been riding along with a troupe of travelling scholars. The syntax and diction tends to bleed over."

Xulfog
2011-01-24, 02:12 PM
Xulfog was there justa few seconds before the psychic call to arms went out. He listened from the background, unnoticed. When he decided to speak, he said "Could I be of assistance perhaps, dear siblings?"

drack
2011-01-24, 02:14 PM
That is why I suggested we should eliminate their ability to multiply, and perhaps some other characteristics. That way they will be unable to destroy all, and they will likely be killed off slowly over time by heroes looking to make a name for themselves. There must be some things beyond our control in order to maintain balance. The forests will regrow, and the people will return to the impact site, I simply believe that this intrusion could be turned to our advantage in the end. go ahead Xulfog, I hope you too don't believe we should kill anything that opposes up?

Xulfog
2011-01-24, 02:22 PM
"Kill? No, all things die eventually. All are subject to my domain. If you wish it, I can extend their lifetimes indefinitely, give them magical powers, and take away their ability to breed. There are so many now that not breeding will not have much of an impact on their population." He stands, awaiting a majority vote before acting.

SilverLeaf167
2011-01-24, 02:33 PM
Volutes didn't really like the idea of the all the aberrations being altered, as it might meddle with his plans. Instead, he brought up his own view of the subject:
"I agree that we shouldn't kill them off, but I'm not sure about all those changes you're wanting to make; and believe me, I have a pretty good instinct regarding change. I say we let them be, and just deal with any threats they may pose against our followers: some of you may want to teach their followers how to craft weapons, some how to fight, some may give them more knowledge to assure survival. Personally, I would teach my followers to make these monsters useful as servants, and perhaps even guardians. But, my point is: instead of changing the enemy, why not aid our followers? Anything they learn now will surely be useful later, against problems the future might bring."

drack
2011-01-24, 02:43 PM
Shatten slinks into the background where he can observe their opinions before revealing any more of his own, than deciding that there was no point just sitting around with a new secret to discover he slips through the shadows into the shadow of one of the creatures. He keeps his mind open to the other's telepathic conversation, but also begins reading the secretes of this new race, maybe afterwards he'll be more prepared for any long reaching consequences.

Maryring
2011-01-24, 08:02 PM
Deneb looks around herself, before she shakes her head and pulls out a rolled up parchment from her toolbelt. "I had hoped to wait until we were all here, but nevertheless. I have kept a close eye upon the development of the jungles within the middle continent, and it struck me that it is quite vulnerable to assaults such as the one it is suffering from now. I have developed a concept... or idea if you will, of how to prevent that. I wish to bestow the gift of thought upon nature." She spreads out the parchment, on which are several drawings of peculiar creatures. She then points to a few of the drawings upon her board. "Dryads, a tree given the gift of will and wisdom. The Barghest, the dark shadows given form. Sylphs, wind given an incarnation. I call these beings the fae. Each fae is awakened from a flower, a tree, a lake, a river or what have you. Since they are bound to the aspect of nature, and will perish should their natural reflection perish, they will be bound to protect nature, and help us maintain the natural state of the world. This is not something I can accomplish on my own though. It will require a grand ceremony for us to be able to perform such a feat."

Xulfog
2011-01-24, 08:22 PM
"I see. Your idea fascinates me sister. I would help you with such an endeavor. I also believe that while preventing some problems, it may cause some. Nor will it solve the current problem, of that I am certain. But what it does do will outweigh the consequences. I am ready for whatever course of action is taken." He seems impassive, not really caring which actions are and are not taken. Almost as if he knows what will happen. Oh, right. Luckily for him you dont know how seeing the future works. He sees all possibilities, and cannot separate them from what will actually happen.

drack
2011-01-24, 08:27 PM
Shatten's voice echoes back, this time with a dismissive tone "I'm afraid that that is a horrible idea. That would merely be replacing one menace with a far greater one. there is no guarantee that we wold even be trading though. The forests may even side with them against us, and than we would be our own undoing. Pieq will begin making replacements before we fall. No, I believe it would be best to handle the matter at hand rather than to distract ourselves with the fantasies of my kid sister. She does have a habit of keeping her head in the clouds, focusing too much on ideals than realities."

Bridgar
2011-01-24, 09:56 PM
Beldas

The night sky was bright the night he came. It looked as though a black canvas had been splattered white paint and then dotted it with some blues and reds and greens. The Material Plane was showing off that night, as it would have an important visitor. A being from between the planes was travelling that night and would stumble upon the newly-civilized Human race.

His name was Beldas and he didn't travel in any way that you or I would know. He traveled through the gaps between planes and built his empire with the foreign creatures residing there. He was a banker, of all things, and a good one at that. After spending millenia amassing his fortunes in strange coins and objects, he decided it was time to expand his business into the planes. He left immediately, putting his closest friend and coworker in charge of the business for a few thousand years with but five words "Greed is for the customers."

Now, we find ourselves back to that starry night. It was a new moon and the tribes were out hunting. War cries penetrated the night air as herds of buffalo were ambushed and shot with obsidian arrows. Amidst the sounds of combat, a low humming arose. The humming grew and grew as the battle died down. By the time the tribesmen were collecting the corpses of the buffalo they'd slain and recovering the wounded, the humming had grown to a level that they could not ignore. While searching for the source, they noticed that the stars were fading away around one bright star. More and more disappeared and the bright star grew brighter and brighter. The tribesmen had all stopped to watch the events unfold above them. By the time the bright star was the only star in the sky and was occupying a space about the size of the moon, the humming had grown from a hum to a rumble to a roar. The tribesmen had realized that the "star" was getting closer, not brighter.

They watched in wonder as the object hurtled closer and closer to the ground they stood upon. When the object appeared to fill the night sky, glimmering a metallic gold, they decided to make a break for it. They ran just in time, as the golden sphere hit the ground with a resonating clang behind the last of the 5 men. They were mesmerized by the noise and went into a trance-like state. A loud, booming voice was heard by them, but no sound was made.
"Ah, good, you had the sense to get out of the way. Some of the stains I've had to get out because of mindless cretins."

Beldas, dressed in elegant blues and greens and reds, floated down off of the 100 ft diameter sphere of gold that was towering over the hunters. Seeing that his resonating sphere had done it's job, he strode over to the closest man.
"Put out your right hands, all of you"
Again, the voice was heard but made no noise. All five men put out their right hands, awaiting further orders. Beldas shook each hand individually and their palms began to glow with runes inscribed inside a circle.
"You are part of my family now. All previous affiliations are null and void. Your names no longer exist. You are, but part of the Beldas Family now."
He stepped back and watched them pull out of the trance. They began to look at their palms in bewilderment.
"That is our family crest and is not to be besmirched. Now, if you'll come over here, I have something to show you."

Whipping around, Beldas walked over to the sphere and put his right palm onto it. The sphere slowly hinged open and inside were thousands of drawers of all shapes and sizes. The men looked up and down the columns of drawers, in disbelief of how much their lives had changed in the past half-hour.
"These drawers hold our fortunes and will only open to the touch of a crest of the family. Gentlemen, we're starting a bank!"

nysisobli
2011-01-24, 09:57 PM
@ Shatten

Upon reading the creature, you realize that its thought patterns are erratic and constantly changing, as if its several minds at once, you can feel a feeling of immense power coming from it though, and you realize that this creature is the spawn of something powerful, following its thoughts a little farther, you manage to link your mind with its master for a split second, and give yourself a massive headache before the master severs the connection.

Privateer
2011-01-24, 10:36 PM
Gaius - expanding the domain

Burning 1 Major Action to acquire a new domain: War.

As villages of the world partook of his fruits, they no longer needed as many people working to provide food for everyone. In fact, this was part of his plan. The people did many things in their newly found free time - entertainment, worship, child-rearing, and of course, fighting.

Conflicts inevitably erupted - between different people, with wild animals, with foreigners. It was regretable, but necessary; a natural part and consequence of growth, a law of the world as it was. To grow and multiply, one had to fight. It is something Gaius embraced whole-heartedly, and now chose to patronize. The spear, after all, was as much his symbol as the corn was.

And so it was that his worshippers, farmers in times of peace, came to understand the necessities of rewards of war when time for it comes. They were to train and be ready - to fight, to be strong, to protect their fertile lands and homes for the sake of their god and their families. Peace through strength.

Speaking with his siblings

The invasion of an alien menace was, of course, not unnoticed by Gaius. It only further reassured him in what he already knew: his followers had to be strong, be warriors ready to defend themselves and his teachings at any time.

From the comfort of his palace in the Garden of Plenty Gaius listened to his siblings bicker and talk about what to do with the invadors, the god of fertility and war chimed in.

"My dear siblings, as much as I would enjoy taking these creatures' fertility forever and watching our followers slowly hunt them down to extinction, I am against keeping them alive. I know, some of you see possible uses for these creatures, and you may well be right. But remember what happened. These creatures, not of this world and created by only Peiq knows whom, have invaded our world and proceeded to attack it! Right now they are our enemies. Enemies, whose purpose or capabilities we know little about. It is best to kill such an enemy while you can rather than let it grow until you wish you have killed it when you could.

I call for blood!"

The_JJ
2011-01-24, 11:01 PM
Shatten, I know these things amuse you, but they are alien. An unknown quantity potentially far more dangerous than anything we might do. Pieq's world and our creations will not turn against us, not now, not without prompting. But there are forces out there beyond our little ball of rock and water and air, above and sidealong. And they are not nice. Summary extinction might not be called for, but concerted action is.

Then the Wanderer narrows his eyes at his brother, Gaius. A sedentary, agricultural representation, not bad perhaps, but an ideological opposite. Now a warmonger too. This foreshadowed dark things on the edges, where wild met frontier and where frontier met farm. It is not, on the other hand, best to kill a stranger because he might offer you danger. Life is dangerous, brother, no matter how many walls you build to keep it out.

He pulls out his sword and plants it in the hillside. I side with Deneb; a measured response that offers an immediate check, but is localize, and we could freely supplement or check our efforts should we need to.

Xulfog
2011-01-25, 12:27 AM
"If another were to join me in a Ceremony, i believe I could call upon enough power to freeze all of them in time until we decide on an action to be taken. All in favor?". He continues to stand, unmoving. Wait, was he on the other side of the room? Was he? You'll never be sure.

Privateer
2011-01-25, 12:42 AM
"Might", brother? The war god raised his eyebrows in genuine surprise.

I take it some of us are not convinced that these abominations can be dangerous to our world. Perhaps some of you would like to wait to see if they prove so. Very well; that I can understand.

He paused.

But remember; gods though we may be, our power is not limitless. Once you perform a ceremony, you will not have power for another for some time. That is why I am against half-measures. If you believe like I do that we should strike at these invaders, then we should strike to kill.

I would have preferred we strike together and strike now, but I see many of you prefer to deal with the invaders softly. Very well. But if you do, let us agree that enough of us will abstain from that ceremony and preserve our power intact to place a killing blow should it come to that.

I propose also that we all agree right now at what point we will respond with true force. If these creatures attack a human town, or spread beyond five hundred miles from the impact site, then will you consider them a threat and agree to join me in a strike?

Xulfog
2011-01-25, 12:57 AM
"It would take only two of us for my incantation, including myself of course. It is fairly simple but to stop such a large area takes power that I do not currently have stored away. I draw the line at an attack, or expanse in excess of our combined power to destroy with a single ceremony. Any objections?". Again, you are unsure if he has moved or not. His power over time is quote confusing indeed.

The_JJ
2011-01-25, 12:58 AM
"A human town?" The Wanderer turns to watch the crater below. "You think to small, brother. I understand the sentiment, I really do, but we can not draw the line around each city, around each individual." He sigh. "Nor can we draw our line at human. My demesne is those who follow my paths, worshiper or no. Admittedly, I am no blind guardian, and I'll serve justice where do. What I advocate is not soft," and he flicks out his flaming sword at this, to emphasis the point. "But it is neither permanent nor a condemnation of the entirety as wholly irredeemable. Oh, most likely they are irredeemable, but perhaps they are not. And I'll give them that inch of the chance. And if they are still a threat, bloodied as they be, well," the Wanderer hefts the sword. "I've dealt with beasts from the far spaces and other places before."

SilverLeaf167
2011-01-25, 01:24 AM
My brother, I shall join you in this ritual. While you freeze them in time, I shall create the most powerful mind, whom shall guard their eternal prison. I now understand the great risk that they face to our followers, and through them, even to us. Join me, will you, and we shall complete the ritual.
Volutes offers his hand to Xulfog.
Unless someone objects, of course.

drack
2011-01-25, 07:35 AM
"Gaius raises a good point. I for one have decided to keep my power for now, and to observe the situation before I partake in rash decisions."

Than at the idea of a greater mind overseeing their incarceration Shatten interrupts "I feel that I should inform you of my finding from gazing into the minds of these creatures. Their own minds are somewhat indecisive, yet they are tied to a master far more powerful than I, as such I must advise caution in your ritual, such as to avoid this other entity, that which they call master."

Maryring
2011-01-25, 11:08 AM
Deneb rolls her eyes, clearly annoyed at her shadowy brother. "I have seen what these abominations are capable of. They are like locusts, willing to consume and subjugate all. And locking them in time would not be a very long lasting solution. Awakening the Fae from the natural world would grant us not only a valuable and loyal ally against these fell beasts, but a further protection against threaths upon the natural world. You may not be able to inspire trust and confidence brother, but I can. They will not turn against us, for we protect them and give them life."

LongVin
2011-01-25, 12:17 PM
Vesper

Vesper carved his totem from the slain beasts body, the body still held innate magical properties and it would serve as his Dark Elvish's followers connection to him. With that done, he placed it in the center of his followers settlement. He wasn't done yet. He still had to attune it to his realm, which he had yet to create....

2 major acts of creation:

Divine Realm:

Tunnels of Vesper - The Tunnels of Vesper are a vast network of interconnecting tunnels of various sizes. Some are gigantic caverns, while others are so tiny a mouse would not be able to get through. There is little rhyme or reason to the twisting lightless tunnels and a non-native without a guide would be hopelessly lost. The only illumination comes from magical dancing fires which project large and eerie shadows across the walls. Those who die spirits are whisked away to this land to serve the god of death for eternity.

The original totem given to the Dark Elves is attuned to this plane as well as the totem created with the realm(an exact replica of the original) which is granted as a gift to the surface followers of Vesper

1 major act of creation:

Create a Domain:

Undeath - it is only natural that the god of death should also hold domain over those that are already dead and raise their bodies or spirits in a mockery of life.

1 minor act of creation:

Create small number of servants:

Picking the most loyal followers from his two groups he imbues them with his divine power along with the branded ones they will be the leaders of his communities.

2 minor acts of creation(1 for each group surface and Dark Elves)

Vesper appears before his followers and instructs them to go forth and spread his word and belief to the rest of their race.

drack
2011-01-25, 12:41 PM
Deneb:
"Deneb" Shatten's voice cracks with all the force of a whip within her head "Do you wish it that even the woods themselves would take part in the endeavors of mortals? Even war? Would you have these spirits battling for us as well, fighting for petty land rights? The plants would naturally keep their own loyalties to their god(s) of choice, and the followers of those who's god does not smile on them would no longer be tempted to keep the forests as defensible positions, and instead burn them to the ground as they go. Would you bring such bitterness to the lives of plants? Would you imbue plants with the faults of man and elves? Would you force plants to spill the blood of legions of humans?"

Even if none of this were the case the central land is more defensible as is due to the cover of the woodlands. It does not need more of an advantage. I tell you this for both our sakes. You have ever enjoyed such things, and I have the shade that they provide. Do not needlessly waste these things. Not to mention the plan could just as easily backfire, causing citizens of the central land to wage war solely directed against the forest after a year in which too many oaks need be cut to feed their fireplaces. This would only serve to weaken the forests."

Bridgar
2011-01-25, 06:58 PM
Beldas
After explaining to his new followers the concepts of greed, capitalism, banking, and trading (with visuals, of course); Beldas told them to run to the nearest tribes with a few gold pieces. Beldas knew that the simple people of the plains would fall to greed quickly enough. The Family Members went to the correct drawers and pulled out a few satchels of gold. It wouldn't take much in the way of gifts to convince the simple people to specialize in certain areas of expertise. Beldas would show them how gold can be used to buy anything and would soon set up trade routes and build burgeoning economies. He would create the first metropolises out of tribes in the plains. It would take him but a few generations of men to do so.

The Family Members were turning to leave when Beldas spoke aloud for the first time.
"Teach them in our ways and return in a month. Bring the most adept at our teachings with you. We shall begin there."
To the men who had only ever heard the crude language of their tribesmen and the sounds of the plain, his voice was the most beauteous thing that they'd ever heard. It was a chorus of joyous laughter swirling around the compelling voice of a true leader. They stopped for a moment and then left for the nearby nomadic villages.

Beldas reached into his many layers of clothing and pulled out a necklace that was around his neck. It was composed of an adamantine chain and a gold coin on the chain. The gold coin had the Beldas crest emblazoned on it and had a faint glow to it.
"I might as well check up on the company with this ti-"
He stopped mid thought as voices began to chatter in his head. The voices seemed familiar but he didn't recognize them.

After he felt like he had sufficiently eavesdropped on the conversation, he made his presence known.
"It appears that you have quite the predicament. Why don't we unite the people of these lands against the abominations? Teach them to fight and in return, we ask them to worship and pay tributes to us. I've seen many a race without the ingenuity coupled with the numbers of humans. They have much yet to learn, though. They must be our materials to craft what we will, with."

Privateer
2011-01-26, 02:12 AM
Beldas, brother, your words of teaching mortals to fight fill me with joy. I, of course, was, am, and will be doing it. I wouldn't be much of a war god if I did not. Still, it is nice to see someone share my passion.

Worship, obedience, rituals and sacrifices are expected also, of course.

But what of tribute? Do you mean gold? Why would you want their gold when you can create as much of it as you want with but a fraction of your power? Please, my brother, do explain.

Maryring
2011-01-26, 06:01 PM
Shatten
"Violence and war are not inheirtant in the mortal races. Awakening true thought brings peace, not war."

Deneb turns towards The Wanderer. "Will you help me in my ceremony?"

drack
2011-01-26, 07:03 PM
Deneb:

"Aren't they though? I do not see the rocks battle each other, and yet even before we came tribes of humans had clashed upon this ground. What's more elves, deer, and all other sentient races have. Trees lacked the ability, though if you instilled that ability I wouldn't doubt their desire. They are constantly competing for sunlight a it is, just imagine if those competitions turned violent, and rather than intertwining branches reaching for the light that were capable of pushing one another away. Not only that, but man has domesticated those animals that do not fight with any intent of such. Even if these "fey" have no desire to fight, than they will be subjugated to the wills of those that do. I know dearest sister that you are not so goat headed as to continue this childish plan."

The_JJ
2011-01-26, 07:41 PM
The Wanderer offers a flat look for colluding the gods of farmers and of bankers, then turns to his sister. Deneb, yes. The forests will not spread because we've awakened their spirits, and the ceremony will be mutable, ours to extend or siphon power away as we please. So Shattan... shut up.

All this standing still wears on me. Deneb, you may lead, and then I must leave.

The Wanderer extends his hand.

drack
2011-01-26, 08:01 PM
... you can't eves drop on private telepathic conversations. :smallannoyed:

So Shattan... shut up.

The_JJ
2011-01-26, 11:15 PM
*shrugs*

Wanderer has no idea what you're saying, just that you were saying things and still are.

SilverLeaf167
2011-01-27, 12:57 AM
While the others seem to be arguing, Volutes decides to take his chance. Without apparently removing his concentration from the negociations, he uses his psionic power to teleport about a dozen different aberrations into the Cranial Vortex, where he would later research them more closely. He just stands there, offering his hands to everyone.
Let's just make it simple: everyone who wants to create the lock, take my hand and we will begin the ritual. If the majority of us agrees with me, we'll just get it over with.

drack
2011-01-27, 05:23 AM
:smallannoyed: ... no you don't even know that. :smallbiggrin:

Shatten (surprised that the aberition in who's shadow he was standing is no longer there to cast a shadow) decides to keep his peace for now. (He doesn't take his hand either. :smallbiggrin:)
Than widening his telepathic link Shatten offers: "We've wasted more than enough time sharing possible options. those of us in favor of any particular ceremony, do it. Those who aren't, just teach just go with whatever plans you have. Those people will remain as a contingency."

Xulfog
2011-01-27, 12:17 PM
While the others seem to be arguing, Volutes decides to take his chance. Without apparently removing his concentration from the negociations, he uses his psionic power to teleport about a dozen different aberrations into the Cranial Vortex, where he would later research them more closely. He just stands there, offering his hands to everyone.
Let's just make it simple: everyone who wants to create the lock, take my hand and we will begin the ritual. If the majority of us agrees with me, we'll just get it over with.

"Very well, let us begin. I only need one other to help me, so it will just be you and i, Volutes. Hold out your arms towards me, i shall begin the ceremony." After you hold out your arms(if you do) Xulfog holds out his own, placing his hands in a pyrimidal formation. He begins to chant: "Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao. Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao. Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao. Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao. Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao. Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao. Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao. Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao..." He closes his eyes, and when he opens them they begin to give off a Chrome colored energy, flowing from his eyes and off to the sides of his head. After a few minutes, he stops and says "It is done. They are frozen in time, all of them."

Bridgar
2011-01-27, 03:32 PM
Beldas

Xulfog

"That magic you have is... useful to say the least. How much, in gold, would it take to hire out some of your magicians? The money can go to your magicians or I could send caravans of gold over to your place of residence for you to distribute among your people. If gold doesn't entice you, I can send trade goods in about a year (very little time for gods)."

nysisobli
2011-01-27, 05:24 PM
As the abberations get caught in the sphere, you see them moving ever so slightly, rather then freezing them outright, you have merely slowed them to the point where 1 hour is like 10 seconds to them.

ArlEammon
2011-01-27, 05:35 PM
Upon awakening you know you can sense every other god who has awoken, on top of that, you can speak to them mentally, and if they have a sanctum or are in the same continent as you, you can teleport directly to them.

You now have 3 major acts, 3 minor acts, and 1 ceremony, I have set a table up with your first domain powers, and your known portfolios :)
[/spoiler]

Dahakahn
Suddenly among the deities a mighty dragon appears. . . "Do not be alarmed, it is only I, Dahakahn. I have come to address this issue of the abominations that now lurk like worms on the land."

Dahakahn looks around the assembled deities. "I have a plan you see, one that would benefit us all. Long ago, dragons defeated a great army that wiped out the powerful Ancient Ones'es armies and nearly committed genocide. It was only because of the Dragons who lived in the underworld that they were able to defeat the Armies of Darkness."

"Join me in bringing the Elder Dragons back, and we will be safe from this evil force."

drack
2011-01-27, 06:09 PM
As the ritual to stop time begins Shatten quickly teleports to the shadow of a cloud overhead from which he notices their continued motion. "It appears plan A has failed, they move yet." Though it appeared as one of the more reasonable plans I'm afraid we may end up actually putting the plans to introduce a bigger fish into action at this rate.

Volutes

no eves doping

OK, if you insist on eves doping remember that your character isn't able to :smalltongue:

"My brother, I noticed something peculiar when last you spoke, I don't suppose it was in any way linked to you was it? Fear not brother, I am good at keeping secrets, though they have a tendency to not hide from me as they do others." :smallamused:

Shatten's book:Writing a book: Shatten, deciding there isn't much to learn form watching the abbaritions (they're not going anywhere) pulled out a book he had been working on., and began filling in the last page, thinking through each word carefully. When he was done he pulled it's shadow off the ground as an exact copy of the book. He repeated this process until he had twenty such volumes, than he dropped them all into his shadow on the ground. They gently slid out in what appears to be random locations, but in fact five made their way into his head temple, five into the surrounding town (and yes the remaining ten just randomly slid out of the shadows).

Spreading magic:
those twenty volumes would soon become known as the forbidden shadow tombs. They contained the magic that Shatten blessed his followers with. The magic to enter reflective surfaces, shadows, and to another realm through a simple door. This magic would soon allow cities to exist within the shadow cast by one person, it would allow assassins and thieves new corridors through which to carry out their work. On the most basic level the magic allows you to cast a spell, open a door, throw something in, shut the door, and have the item within an overlaying world only accessible (or by a more powerful mage already in the realm) from casting the spell from the same side of the same door. Than one begins to learn how to connect doorways, and than how to enter one doorway, and fire out another from within. Than at the final part of the first part of the magic one can fire through one door and out another. Naturally this would only become worthy of study if you were surrounded by doors everywhere you go.

The second stage is similar, but with any reflective surface, eventually you can even control the surface to some extent (shattering mirrors, causing waves and ripples, if used on things like the reflective surface of eyeballs this could tour vary deadly vary fast.)

Than finally masters of this magic can slip easily from shadow to shadow, throwing daggers, only to make them endlessly fly from shadow to shadow until interrupted (or until air resistance takes over, but even than if it falls and lands in a shadow...), they can form cities within the shadows, bend the shadows to block light (creating more shadows), and when they fully master the art they should be able to call frightening shadow creatures from it's depths (these creatures don't exist yet, but they eventually will, for now it's a legendary magic never mastered.)

Corruption again:
Despite the power this magic (for the most part indirectly) grant's a mage, the spells are carefully worded such as to convince one to warship Shatten. Only those of the strongest will can read these tombs without succumbing to embrace the secretive deity, and yet still they must guard their minds close enough that they are not free to learn. This is in part due to Shatten leaving this magic half finished. The remaining fragments are only accessible through Shatten sharing his powers willingly with the reader, for the magic must be supplemented with his own in order to achieve completion.

Summery:

2 Major: create shadow magic- magic allowing one to move freely from doorway to doorway, through reflective surfaces, and shadows
1 Major: Make shadow domain- contains missing fragments of shadow magic essential for it to function properly (essentially the power behind it), and grants ability to see in any darkness.

Bridgar
2011-01-27, 10:50 PM
Beldas
After a month of discussing plans for mankind with Shatten, Beldas insisted that he head back to the plains where he first landed. On arrival at his giant bank, he found a crowd of about 50 people standing around a makeshift stage. On the stage were the five current members of the Beldas Family. They were giving a lecture on economics in perfect synchronization. Beldas stood in the back of the crowd to see how his students were doing. At the end of the rather impressive lecture, the five men walked up and down the rows passing out gold coins and instructing the listeners to retell everything they've heard to anyone they come across. By the time the Family members had reached the back where Beldas was, the crowd was beginning to disperse.
"Wait! Everyone stay for a few more minutes! This is our brilliant leader! He will teach you more than we ever could!"

"Now, now. Let's be humble here. Alright, alright. If it will expedite the process..." Beldas raised a hand, parted the crowd, and walked up on the stage.
"Now, there's only a few more things I need to mention before you will fully grasp all knowledge that I need to impart to you. After we are done, you will retell my story intentionally or not. Not only will you retell the story, but all who you tell will retell it and so on." Beldas telepathically gave an hour long speech in a minute with the wave of a hand.

The crowd dissipated, immersed in deep thought. Beldas turned to his Family members. They had begun tending to the Bank of Gold, the gold receptacle that Beldas arrived in.
"I'm going to be leaving for a long time. A year, perhaps more. I have to give you the skills to deal large-scale business. I'm going to teach you Blood Contract Magic. It is to be used to seal deals involving at least 1000 gp or items of equivalent value." Using the same educational technique, Beldas ingrained the concepts of Blood Contract Magic into the minds of the Beldas Family.
"One last thing before I leave, this is not to be taught to anyone until I inform you otherwise."

1 Minor: Inspire Population: Trade
2 Major: Create Magic: Blood Contract Magic

SilverLeaf167
2011-01-28, 12:55 AM
@ Shatten
Oh, you noticed. Yes, I took some of those aberrations to my personal demiplane, in case something might go wrong. There I will be able to commit more dedicated research on them. It is a tiny realm that few even know of, they shall pose no threat from there. You may join me in research, if you wish.

drack
2011-01-28, 06:36 AM
Volutes
"I believe I will take you up on that offer, after all these creatures intrigue me, and I doubt that they would have been confined with the bickering of our siblings anyway. Their goals appear to have more interest in personal gains than dealing with the issue at hand. Bringing dragons and fey...I suppose stopping them was an attempt, but all the same."

Maryring
2011-01-28, 07:17 AM
Deneb reaches out and grasps The Wanderer. Power begins to flow freely from the two of them, and between them a cauldron of shimmering power appears which bubble and froth.

"Nature, we call you to waken. Accept our gift of thought and movement."

"Reaching from the winds itself, we grant you form and thought as the sylphs. From water, we awaken the undine, from fire, we awaken the salamanders. Earth, give shape to the gnomes."

"Awaken from the trees, and share your life with it dryad. From the flowers, spread your wings sprite. From the shadows we call the Barghest, and from the night, we call the Slaugh. From housing, we awaken the spirit of the Brownie..."

Deneb continues for quite a while, naming a fae for each aspect of nature. Lakes, sun, moon, stars, day, night. All are given a name and a form, and for each fae she names, a new fae climbs out of her cauldron, from where it disperses down upon the ground.

"Finally, we call upon their collective spirit. From their common nature we awaken Queen Maeb. You who will lead them, you who will guide them. All fae will answer to you, for you are them, and they are you, and you will answer to us, for we gave you life and breath. You will protect the forest from that which is not natural."

As the queen of fae rises up from the cauldron and leaves for the world below, Deneb breaks the link with her brother, almost collapsing on the ground from the strain. It takes her a few moments before she gets herself back up on her feet and turns to her draconic brother.

Dahakahn
"I am utterly spent already brother, but given time, I will recover, and I will aid you in bringing back the Elder Dragons, should you still desire my aid."

nysisobli
2011-01-31, 12:22 AM
The fae burst onto the world, and begin effecting nature, the Dryads force trees to grow in once barren lands, the Sylphs purify the water, and the Queen herself looked on at the abberations, forming a large silk cocoon around them, while not part of this world, destroying them was not in her power, so rather then destroy them, she chose to cover them, in hopes that they never get set free again.

Start turn three, Age of the abberations.

drack
2011-02-01, 03:38 PM
Secretes aren't to be told:
Shatten had been meditating at the center of his temple for an age, and people had begun to doubt that he was actually alive. A plump little man with a long dark mustache had approached his shadow cloaked form, and bent close as he began reporting on all the secretes of the world. Shatten calmly listened to the man, but the instant he was finished the man's form began to bend and shift. The others in the room exchanged startled glances as the man turned into a fine dark dust. Shatten's voice than returned to the backs of the people's minds. It taught them never to share secretes even with him. Worse yet all through town for a month after the decree everyone who told a secrete shared that man's fate. At the end of the month Shatten rose from his meditation and over to where the church had been built. He than caused all the dark dust that had formed thought the month to gather before him, and within minutes there stood a building the likes of which had never been seen in the world. It was at least a kilometer high, and let it's sides were entirely vertical. It was broad as three houses, and called to all those who wonder, all those who long are pulled to it. It calls with secretes man couldn't have even fathomed, and yet when the people attempted to enter they would find themselves staring through it's dark entrance as they walked forwards one minute, and than they would notice that what they're looking at isn't the door, but rather a larger segment of the building, in fact they would find that instead of entering they had somehow gotten into the middle of the street. (needless to say that people learned not to enter there carelessly). Soon it was discovered that only those who Shatten saw as true followers could enter. The tower it's self was pitch black, and had no windows, just an endless surface of darkness. It is said that from the top one can see all of the world laid out before you.

ArlEammon
2011-02-01, 10:31 PM
"These dark armies, these beings, these strange monsters. . . We are to repel them. Only the Elder Dragons as a race have the worthy strength and power to defend the world with the gods. Who will join me in bringing them back to the world ? I will pour my will and power into the Ceremony, and all of my strength and fire into it. I will need the your help, my brothers and sisters, to bring them back."

nysisobli
2011-02-01, 10:44 PM
Dahakahn

A mysterious voice rings in your head, I could grant you the help you need in bringing the Elder ones back, if you would be willing to meet me in my domain

ArlEammon
2011-02-01, 10:47 PM
Dahakahn

A mysterious voice rings in your head, I could grant you the help you need in bringing the Elder ones back, if you would be willing to meet me in my domain

Would you be willing to allow us in assisting you, to bring more of them back. . . ? How could we possibly bring back the entire Race?

nysisobli
2011-02-01, 10:50 PM
Dahakahn

We would be willing to bring back some of them now, but over time it will be possible to bring them all back, But only if you come to me, I need some assistance getting free of my prison.

ArlEammon
2011-02-01, 10:51 PM
Dahakahn

We would be willing to bring back some of them now, but over time it will be possible to bring them all back, But only if you come to me, I need some assistance getting free of my prison.

Dahakahn
Very well. . . We will free you. . . If you will bring back some of my Race.

nysisobli
2011-02-01, 10:54 PM
Dahakahn

Agreed, go to the forest where the abberations are locked within their cocoon, and there you will find a meteor of pure amethyst, crack it open, and I shall help you.

Xulfog
2011-02-01, 10:57 PM
Xulfog may or mat not have been there already when his brother asked for aid. When he noticed his brother preparing to teleport somewhere, he grabs his arm. Not a mean grab, more of an attention getting grab. "Hello brother. I am willing to help you. Where are you going?"

ArlEammon
2011-02-01, 11:07 PM
Xulfog may or mat not have been there already when his brother asked for aid. When he noticed his brother preparing to teleport somewhere, he grabs his arm. Not a mean grab, more of an attention getting grab. "Hello brother. I am willing to help you. Where are you going?"

"I don't know. I had been speaking with a strange voice. It told me to meet it in it's domain. I don't know where it is." He thought for a moment. "Have you heard this voice?"

Xulfog
2011-02-01, 11:13 PM
"I know not of this voice. It does not sound very trustworthy. I would personally refuse it's offer, no matter how tempting. And as I was saying, I'm sure we can help you more than whatever that creature is. All I wish for in return is to use a small portion of the generated power for myself, if that is acceptable."

ArlEammon
2011-02-01, 11:17 PM
"I know not of this voice. It does not sound very trustworthy. I would personally refuse it's offer, no matter how tempting. And as I was saying, I'm sure we can help you more than whatever that creature is. All I wish for in return is to use a small portion of the generated power for myself, if that is acceptable."

"Hmm... I need to think of whatever means it takes to return the Elder Race as possible. They would go mad if they knew what happened to the world after they returned to wherever they came from. I suggest that we all confront this mysterious voice together. Possibly persuade it to cooperate with us in returning the Elder Race. It would be in all of our interest, not just mine, since we'd all be gods of the dragons."

nysisobli
2011-02-01, 11:19 PM
To both Dahn, and Xulfog

So another of you exists, and here I thought I was the he was the only one, I could assist you, give you knowledge lost to the ages, I just need release!

ArlEammon
2011-02-01, 11:20 PM
To both Dahn, and Xulfog

So another of you exists, and here I thought I was the he was the only one, I could assist you, give you knowledge lost to the ages, I just need release!

"There are many more of us, Voice. We will assist you if more agree to this. . . We don't know why you are imprisoned."

Xulfog
2011-02-01, 11:24 PM
"As you wish." and you are at the creature. Xulfog is truly a strange, strange man. He stands there waiting, as if he knows what is going to happen. Oh, right. He probably does. Or at least knows the possibilities. "I could have just reversed time for the dragons, you know." before you can say 'What?!', the creature...(GMs turn)

nysisobli
2011-02-01, 11:26 PM
The meteor is before you, a sight to behold as after all these years it is still hot to the touch, It seems to pulse with a heartbeat.

drack
2011-02-02, 06:44 PM
Shatten thus done with his meditation goes back to Volutes' domain to examine the aberrations that he separated, all the while forming another dark idea in his head.

nysisobli
2011-02-02, 06:57 PM
The abberations, are small tentacle covered abominations, they look to be small 4 legged creatures covered in mouths, They do appear to be sentient.

drack
2011-02-02, 07:01 PM
Shatten attempts to examine it's inner secretes again this time without reaching forth to "master", than he attempts to communicate with it.
Aberration:

Shatten reaches out telepathically: Tell me little one, what do you desire in life?

Bridgar
2011-02-02, 10:42 PM
Beldas
After an age had passed, Beldas felt that his fledgling nation of Ferradaia was prepared to advance in his grand scheme. He now had a few settlements that could be called cities. The largest city in Ferradaia, named Indabova, was built around his golden bank. The bank was full every day with lines full of people with their life savings trying to protect their money or looking for a loan to start a business.

Noticing first, the sheer number of people that move through his bank per day, Beldas decided that Blood Contract Magic needs to be spread amongst his people as to expand his business.
"There's too much money to be made in this business. We're expanding."

Second, he noticed how many people had taken out loans to start a business of crafting. Most had payed off their loans early and had gone on to deposit small fortunes. He decided to get into the business of creating, not just trading.
"Why just have a horizontal monopoly when you could have a vertical one as well?"

The next day, all across Ferradaia, there were around 60 Blood Bankers. With a dozen in each of his five biggest cities, including his newly declared Capitol of Indabova. His five Family Members were then split between the five cities to oversee transactions. From those five cities, universities were built to teach true craftsmanship. Master Craftsmen sprung up out of the universities and spread across the nation to make their fortunes.

1 Major: Increase Domain Rank (Trade 2)
1 Minor: Inspire Population (Blood Banker)
1 Major: Gain Domain (Crafting)
1 Minor: Inspire Population (Master Craftsman)

Maryring
2011-02-03, 07:29 PM
Exhausted, Deneb disperses back upon the aethers to her followers again, leaving these parting words.

"I need to rest. If you require my aid once more, notify me."

Xulfog
2011-02-03, 08:51 PM
"There are many more of us, Voice. We will assist you if more agree to this. . . We don't know why you are imprisoned."

"Brother, this voice is untrustworthy. I do not think this is a good idea. I cannot consent to such a being's release. We have no idea what it is capable of." he looks upset at his brother, looking at him with slight distaste for his rashness. "You must be more patient."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-03, 10:14 PM
A great portal rips open in new, unexplored land. A mass of magical energy rushed out, burning and scarring the land around it. Two massive hands pulled the rip apart, the bloody afterbirth spilling forth unto the ground, burning it as though acid had been spilled upon it. A second, and third set of hands grasped the edges of the portal and began pushing outward, until all three sets pushed outwards and a being flew out.

Standing nearly ten feet tall, this being was almost a demon. Six arms, covered in bony, spiky plates, grey-green armor. The lowest set were set slighty forward in the elongated midesection. They had terrible claws, made for tearing and ripping and killing. Three bony, spine-like razors slid forth from each wrist, going nearly a foot out from the bony, spiked knuckles. The second set of arms were normal, covered in the gray-green armor, burning with red and blue sigils and runes. The third pair were set behind his shoulders, seeming to emerge from his back. Long and lanky, they were covered in more of the bone plate then the weird metal.

His face was that of a handsome, or was. As he looked around, bone plates slid into place, covering his entire head like a mask. He cracked his jaw and his teeth transformed into sharp, steel spikes. He gnashed them together, the sound of steel grinding and sparking spitting out of his mouth. He turned back towards the portal and gave a thumbs up, and it closed.

He looked around at the bare world. "Hmph. Pathetic. Huh. Oh well. Well, time to see what I can do with this world." Using his third set of arms, he drew out a greatsword from a sheathe off of his back, two shortswords materializing from the air. Rising in the air, he waved the implements in a mystical pattern. The portal re-opened, and a blast of energy rushed out, engulfing Varin in fire and death.

As the river of energy ended and the portal closed once more, he floated softly to the ground, and landed on a knee, chuckling to himself. My, my. This will be a fun world to conquer. With another wave of his hand, a group of huge, burly humans, many of them animalistic, covered in some of the same bony plate Varin was, rose slowly out of the ground. At the same time, huge, magnificent canines rose. "Not as good as I'm used to but you'll all have to do." With a sigh, Varin set out on foot. "Well, boys, let's see what the world has to offer us."

1 MajA: Gain Combat Domain
1 MajA: Raise Combat from 1 to 2
1 MajA: Raise Struggle from 1 to 2
1 MajA: Alter humans to Proto-Varins
1 MajA: Alter dogs to Varnines, a sort of huge, combat riding dog.

nysisobli
2011-02-03, 10:42 PM
Varin

I sensed your display of power two planes over, why have you come to this world? Perhaps we could join forces, I could be a powerful ally, and grant you a large portion of my power. Says a mysterious voice.

nysisobli
2011-02-04, 08:30 AM
@Shatten

It does not seem willing to communicate, and through its mind you see a landscape of bright red skies, and light grass, suddenly you see great pillars of gems rip through the landscape, followed by the raining fire.

The scene shifts, to a man covered in robe made of diamond, and he is fighting the pillars off, then you seen a great shadow loom over the man, and all you can see is bright colored lights, and all you can hear is screaming.

The aberration is dead upon this happening.

Bridgar
2011-02-04, 08:59 AM
Beldas

Varin

"Welcome, fearsome beast of conflict and strife. Your creatures interest me greatly. I fear these monstrous aberration will be taking an interest in my newborn nation. I currently have no defenses against the onslaught that would ensue, should they choose to attack. Would you be willing to sell me a few?" (ceremony creation of mercenaries)

Shatten

"I believe that it is now time to move forward with our plans. We should set up the black market before others discover our interests. Haste is key to secrecy, my friend." (ceremony creation of black market)

Aberration

"Why do you wish to endanger my people? Is there a bribe that you would take to leave my people alone?"

nysisobli
2011-02-04, 09:21 AM
Beldas

I endanger your people not, but there is something of immeasurable wealth in the forest.

ArlEammon
2011-02-04, 11:54 AM
"Brother, this voice is untrustworthy. I do not think this is a good idea. I cannot consent to such a being's release. We have no idea what it is capable of." he looks upset at his brother, looking at him with slight distaste for his rashness. "You must be more patient."

"I respect your opinion, brother." Dahakahn noted. "But I think we should tell our other brothers about this. I"m tired of us being under assault."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-04, 01:01 PM
Varin

I sensed your display of power two planes over, why have you come to this world? Perhaps we could join forces, I could be a powerful ally, and grant you a large portion of my power. Says a mysterious voice.

Varin cracks his neck, the joints making loud popping sounds. "You know, where I come from, people who want allies will show their faces."

Beldas

Varin

"Welcome, fearsome beast of conflict and strife. Your creatures interest me greatly. I fear these monstrous aberration will be taking an interest in my newborn nation. I currently have no defenses against the onslaught that would ensue, should they choose to attack. Would you be willing to sell me a few?" (ceremony creation of mercenaries)

Varin laughs, sending a mental message back to Beldas. *Firstly, I know neither your name, nor your face. I'd like to meet in person before I discuss any buying or selling. Secondly, I don't sell my men. I loan them. And even then, it's up to them.*

nysisobli
2011-02-04, 05:50 PM
Varin

I would show my face, but im in a bit of a problem myself. All i need from you is a small portion of your time, and I could talk to you face to face.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-04, 06:30 PM
Varin's face melts into the more human form, and he raises an eyebrow. "Locked away? Generally, beings who have had that done have had that done for a reason."

Maryring
2011-02-04, 06:40 PM
"How are things going along for you, Maeb?" Deneb takes a sip from her cup, before she sets her aside. News of Maeb's encapsuling of the aberrations had spread amongst her flock so that when she overheard two craftsmen of her flock speak of the event while she was visiting them incognito, she barely recognized the story. Hearing the suspicion in their voices, Deneb thus declares intention to visit Maeb to discuss this matter.

"It goes well Mater." Maeb responds, her eyes trailing out from atop the totem of Deneb, where they both survey the vast jungle. "It goes... well."

"But? Your voice tells me that you doubt."

"You instructed us to work together with the mortals when you gave us shape, but... that is not easy. Many of us bear them no ill will, and some are happy to help. Especially the brownie. You should see how the little guys work... and yet." She sighs deeply. "There are those that are less... some among the Slaugh have declared themselves independant of the mortals and refuse to communicate with them at all. There are nymphs, dryads and satyrs seducing mortals to kill them."

Deneb coughs and tilts her head."As opposed to?" but Maeb merely continues her tirade.

"Remember the fire in Solaer? The mortal city to the north?"

"An unnatural fire in a city built primarily in stone. That was done by the Salamanders?"

"Yes. A small group led by Sarem. They, like the Slaugh, declared themselves better than the mortals. Unlike the Slaugh, they figured that the best way to prove their superiority would be by consuming as many mortals they could."

"Yet they were stopped. The Nereid of the Silver Lake sensed them and extinguished the flames swiftly and efficiently, and the Solaer are now prepared for such fires again."

"But they do not repent. Though they were banished to dank caverns for their misdeeds, they are unrepentant. Sarem regrets nothing. He will do it again given a chance. And they are not the only ones. Even my own servant Lor..."

"What about me my lady Maeb?" Deneb and Maeb turn around and find Lor, the collective spirit of the animals, with a platter carrying various fruits which he place before them.

"I have told Lady Deneb that you are sympathethic to Sarem and his ilk."

Lor looks towards Deneb and nods. "Of course. We, the fae, are directly made by Deneb and her brothers. We are far closer to perfection than them."

Deneb sighs. "I did not make you to compete. I made you to cooperate. But it appears that I have not done enough to ensure that cooperation. I will handle this Queen Maeb, and Lor, it is My will that you do not consume or harm the mortals."

"If the Wise Witch commands." Lor responds with a slight growl.

"I will demand the same of the mortals Lor. So long as they do not harm you, you will not harm them, and so long that you do not harm them, they will not harm you. Those who break My command, you may do what you wish with."

"What do you mean Lady Deneb?"

"It is from their foes, not their friends, that cities learn the lesson of building high walls. I am sensing... trouble. Something dangerous is fast approaching, and like the Solaer learned how to extinguish fire after Sarem ate their kinsfolk, all my flock will need to learn from this conflict." Deneb turns towards Lor and Maeb. "I will inspire envoys in the mortals. For now, remain vigilant over the meteor. If something happens around it, notify Me immediately. It may still be a threath, and its presence in My realms make it My responsibility."

drack
2011-02-04, 07:16 PM
Solving the fey problem.
Shatten was ill contented with the aberration's lack of cooperation, and yet more disgruntled that the fey were running amuck all over the world. He had warned his foolish sister, and now it was time to teach them to deal with their problems quietly and among themselves... with a dagger if need be... Shatten stretched out his hand and dropped two drips of his own blood onto the earth. From these two massive dark clouds formed clearly within fey lands. These dark mists would make the land perfectly suitable for metropolises like that above which his sanctum lay. Metropolises not above ground, but hewn within the shadows themselves. Through this dark mist hundreds of readied "diplomats", and "priests" (assassins and politicians) entered into that land, and began sharing the teachings of Shatten to the fey. Than Shatten taught his people a lesson he knew he should have long ago. To pay tribute to their god. This is little different than they normally do. The diplomats simply say a prayer before anyone disappears, and their souls, the currency of the gods, get diverted to the bottom level of Shatten's sanctuary. He tells them that the next five levels will go to his worshipers, with the more devout higher up. He also tells them of how they can gain favor by donating another's fortune to him after that other would no longer have need of it. The two dark patches corrode quickly into anarchistic grounds before a more... civilised society forms. This new society tends to lure most of the would be troublemakers from home, but it also allows for two towns of unchecked murder filled with those of the abnormal power of fey... twisted to the ways of shadow magic. Any who now venture those lands find a pitch black fog, and wilted trees, with the occasional city "guard" carrying out your execution for trespassing. Despite this, within the shadows is a flourishing town filled with life, betrayal, and corruption.

Than Shatten reaches out to his brother Beldas:
"Brother I was wondering if you would be willing to preform a ritual with me for the sakes of both of our people." :smallamused:

He than goes on elaborating on all the details of Vault magic

Some things are just meant to be kept safe from others. Be it a deposit, or a prisoner vault magic tends to be the best suited for it. This magic focuses allot on traps, reinforced Chambers, sealing abilities, and discretion. (I'm not gonna make as elaborate write up as I did for shadow magic, but you get the idea)

He also had this unrest brewing due to Verin, but he felt that shadow magic would adequately protect his people, for after all there was no point in chasing after shadows anyways. Thus he dismissed this threat.

Bridgar
2011-02-04, 07:32 PM
Beldas

"I grant you some of my power, brother. I wish to see our nations thrive, one on top of the other."

After settling matters with Shatten, Beldas moves to greet Varen, formally.
Varen

"My apologies, brother. I've grown lazy with all of this delegating of power. These humans are most productive and useful. The one thing about them is that they're frail. I wish to join forces with you. I will fund your... escapades if you defend my lands. Your race is much more battle ready but, much less civilized. They would not be suited to farming or mining. I will send you food and weapons if you protect my people as you do your life."

1 ceremony: create and teach Vault Magic

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-04, 07:39 PM
Varin chuckles. "It's fine, friend. Just a policy I have. Where are your lands, so that I may send my men there? I don't know about... civilized, but my men are expert artificers and magicians, but I don't think either of those arts are in this world. As a price that I'm asking for, I may require your... assistance. My men are very tough, but with our ray cannons and powersuits, we are nearly unstoppable. And do not worry about food or weapons... we can make our own."

nysisobli
2011-02-04, 07:47 PM
Varin

I was locked away by accident, i am thought dead, I went against the all-father and he destroyed my body, all i want is to be set free, and to grant my powers to one who deserves them.

drack
2011-02-04, 07:52 PM
Shatten preforms the ritual with Beldas, wrapping him in his ever present dark mist in order to better access his powers. Thus vault magic was made. Shatten now reached out to his other brother Volutes.

Volutes :
Brother I have a proposition for pooling power that I believe you may find interesting. I will admit that at first it will sound a bit one sided, but I believe you will come around by the end. I wish to preform a ritual with you in order to create guardians for my sanctum. They will be unable to reproduce, but I will leave one in the hands of your people such that you can have that control. Also they, being in truth my servants, will have access to the powers of my other servants, but on a larger scale. I intend to create only nine such beasts, for more would be somewhat cumbersome, but here is the idea.
Shatten begins to lay out exactly what he expects in his new servants. Ones who will know how to run away, and yet still wield immense power. To weave networks of shadows, only giving it's self a territorial advantage.
Guardians:

Powerful creatures of shadow. One of Shatten's favored creations, they live solely for the sake of gathering knowledge. There are to be nine in total.
eight serve as the guardians to Shatten's sanctum, and the other wanders the world serves Volutes. They grow as they devour the knowledge of others. It is considered one of the worst possible deaths to encounter one, for it will quickly strip you of any knowledge you are willing to part with, and than drive you to insanity ripping out all that you refuse to give it. The process tends to kill the subject at which point their coperial forms are absorbed into the guardian's form. All knowledge absorbed by one nurchers all nine, and they excel at shadow magic and vault magic. They don't die of old age or reproduce, and as time passes they will become harder to kill as they acquire more knowledge (and in doing so mature). Their form is a massive shifting cloud of darkness. It is rock solid to the touch and can split off parts of it's self to appear as other races, but they are always connected to that which spawned them by a shadow that looks as if cast by a thick chain despite not being cast by any chain of the sort. They each start out about the size of a cat. :smallbiggrin: As they mature they tend to spend more time concealing their bulk with shadow magic, such that when one thinks it's only the size of a person, it could in fact be several times the size of a fully grown dragon. (and be able to form it's self into several fully grown dragons, but that day is far away.)

My brother, I offer that one of them serves you for a total of two ages, more than enough time to take advantage of my magics, and of the strength of the guardians themselves. Also as it gross in power it will grow more useful, eventually being able to act as hundreds of beasts of burden at once. Naturally it will not aid you in opposing me, but I don't see any reason for you to do so anyways.

nysisobli
2011-02-04, 08:13 PM
A grand voice enters everybody's heads,

Peiq

It is I the All-father, I have a task set aside for you, and the one that wins will be granted a small favor, I want all of you to try and find this sword,(an image of a sword enters your head, It is made of metal not of this world, and has several sapphires encrusted into it, it glows and hums with divine power)
find it by any means nescasary, if you find it come to the grand temple, (and with that an island rises out of the ocean) winner gets to have a ceremony with me, and gets to keep the sword.

You all now can teleport to the grand temple, the place you grew up, also known as Peiq's Sanctum.

drack
2011-02-04, 08:35 PM
Shatten lets a tale spread about a sword that can grant utmost favor as a tribute to his high priests (head politicians), who in turn exert their influence on the world, though this is primarily just about a rising social trend in the higher ups to brag about Shatten's favor, since it was just recently learned about. (and has made more than one political enemy vanish without a word) Normally he would avoid such mayhem, but a ritual with father would be worth it.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-04, 08:50 PM
Varin's attention is focused entirely on the sword, until the end of the speech, where he mentally contacts the being. *Can you tell me where a sword is, perhaps, in addition to the powers you would grant me?*

nysisobli
2011-02-04, 10:17 PM
Varin

I will give you the sword, I know where it is hidden, if you want it

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 10:15 AM
"Excuse me just a moment." Xulfog begins chanting, using his power to create something. A moment later he turns back to them. "Now where were we."

3 Major Acts: Create Divine Sanctum

Xulfog's Sanctum:
The sanctum is a large city with 4 libraries, each one containing copies of every book ever written. It also contains advanced technology and scientific materials. There is also Magitech, varying combinations of different magics and technologies. While within, mortals are immortal. *If they die inside, and they did not agree to be killed for an experiment(no pain is felt from combat or spells in the sanctum, and they'll just come back to life at their house within the sanctum), the murderer is kicked out and made to be several times his original age, usually resulting in death(unless it was accidental or a misunderstanding, which he would be able to tell apart from murder easily). Otherwise, they are not effected by the aging process while inside.*The city will expand as more people come, with new libraries and homes forming as the older ones become crowded. All types of magic can be learned here. Only those who have accepted Xulfog as either their Secondary or Primary god may enter unless Xulfog specifies otherwise. *Other gods automatically have his permission to enter if their intentions do not include violence. The entrance appears in the mortal world as a large Castle, and the inside is far larger than the Castle itself. Said castle has a drawbridge, which is the only way in. *It is not guarded, and opens itself when a worthy individual seeks entrance. *If an individual who is not worthy tries to sneak in with one who is, they will walk straight into the Time Sphere. Which hurts. *A lot. There is a massive throne room in the center, which is near where you are when you arrive. Xulfog himself can be found there if he isn't in the library, reading or writing a book. This place is the peak of learning an knowledge of all kinds. Magical, scientific, or otherwise. It will quickly become any educated person's (there is no racial(neither skin color nor species) or sexual or age discrimination) dream to study there.

Too long; didn't read- Big city that appears as a small castle in the mortal world. Gets bigger as population rises. No one can die inside. All who enter automatically become blessed by Xulfog. You should probably read the whole thing.

ArlEammon
2011-02-05, 10:18 AM
"Excuse me just a moment." Xulfog begins chanting, using his power to create something. A moment later he turns back to them. "Now where were we."

3 Major Acts: Create Divine Sanctum

Xulfog's Sanctum
The sanctum is a large city with 4 libraries, each one containing copies of every book ever written. It also contains advanced technology and scientific materials. There is also Magitech, varying combinations of different magics and technologies. While within, mortals are immortal. *If they die inside, and they did not agree to be killed for an experiment(no pain is felt from combat or spells in the sanctum, and they'll just come back to life at their house within the sanctum), the murderer is kicked out and made to be several times his original age, usually resulting in death(unless it was accidental or a misunderstanding, which he would be able to tell apart from murder easily). Otherwise, they are not effected by the aging process while inside.*The city will expand as more people come, with new libraries and homes forming as the older ones become crowded. All types of magic can be learned here. Only those who have accepted Xulfog as either their Secondary or Primary god may enter unless Xulfog specifies otherwise. *Other gods automatically have his permission to enter if their intentions do not include violence. The entrance appears in the mortal world as a large Castle, and the inside is far larger than the Castle itself. Said castle has a drawbridge, which is the only way in. *It is not guarded, and opens itself when a worthy individual seeks entrance. *If an individual who is not worthy tries to sneak in with one who is, they will walk straight into the Time Sphere. Which hurts. *A lot. There is a massive throne room in the center, which is near where you are when you arrive. Xulfog himself can be found there if he isn't in the library, reading or writing a book. This place is the peak of learning an knowledge of all kinds. Magical, scientific, or otherwise. It will quickly become any educated person's (there is no racial(neither skin color nor species) or sexual or age discrimination) dream to study there.

Too long; didn't read- Big city that appears as a castle in the mortal world. Gets bigger as population rises. No one can die inside. All who enter automatically become blessed by Xulfog. You should probably read the whole thing.

"The Voice. . . And the Sword of Peiq's." Dahakahn commented. "I suggest we attempt to use both. Perhaps this Voice knows where the sword is?"

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 10:24 AM
"Work together? You may have the ceremony with father, I would not know what to do with it. I would keep the sword itself. Would that be acceptable? I could find it rather easily with your help. A small piece of the ceremony for my Claiming Ceremony, the rest for finding the sword."

ArlEammon
2011-02-05, 10:42 AM
"Work together? You may have the ceremony with father, I would not know what to do with it. I would keep the sword itself. Would that be acceptable? I could find it rather easily with your help. A small piece of the ceremony for my Claiming Ceremony, the rest for finding the sword."

"Sure. Xulfog. And about any leads to finding the sword. . . where would the Sword be? Hmm... Perhaps the Voice knows."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-05, 11:21 AM
Varin

I will give you the sword, I know where it is hidden, if you want it

Varin thought for a moment, head down. *If I get some assurance that I will get the sword, then I will let you free.*

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 11:28 AM
"Let us begin, then. If you wish to do this." assuming he does, Xulfog begins the chant.

1 Ceremony:
Xulfog claims the domain of Science
The rest of the power is used to locate the SWORD

ArlEammon
2011-02-05, 11:31 AM
"Let us begin, then. If you wish to do this." assuming he does, Xulfog begins the chant.

1 Ceremony:
Xulfog claims the domain of Science
The rest of the power is used to locate the SWORD

Dahakahn breathes a strange, harmless fire.

1 Ceremony:
Dahakahn focuses the Ceremony on finding the Sword.

drack
2011-02-05, 01:32 PM
peiq:
Father I must ask, what is the significance of this sword? Is it just a test or game to keep your children occupied before they destroy this world, or is it simply a secrete which must forever be left in the undisturbed darkness?

Bridgar
2011-02-05, 04:29 PM
Beldas
Beldas turns to Varin before going to tend to his people. "My people reside in the nation of Ferradaia, it's on the plains just east of here. You can't miss it. Currently, I've got other business to attend to. If you care to continue this conversation, meet me in Peiq's Palace." Beldas then swished around and disappeared.

Upon arrival in Peiq's Palace, he greeted Peiq and asked him about the sword.
"What is this sword made of? Do you have any specifications for this sword that you want? Perhaps mechanical drawings? What special qualities do you wish the sword to have?" Beldas, of course, planned to craft the sword for Peiq rather than venturing out in search of it. It would be much quicker and easier that way.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-05, 04:58 PM
Varin nods at Beldas and signals his men to move on. They mount onto their dogs, and continue moving east.

Once the Varin's reach the capitals, Varin slows them to a stop in front of the gates. He looks back at them, and then raises his hand. From the ground, hundreds more of the huge men pop up. Female Varins do to, along with more and more of the huge Varinines. Varin smiled at the new legion. "Men, bunk up. Find places in the city. The greatest of you will seek out the leader and find him, getting quarter and some food, if possible. Then pick out some lieutenants and set up fortifications."

Varin's order was met with a resounding battle cry. A huge Varin, nearly as tall as the Varin, stepped through the crowd, wielding a massive greatsword. "Your will be served, Lord. I am Heldos, greatest of your servants in this plane. I will speak with the lord of this city."

Varin smiled. "Good. I trust you'll carry out my orders." With that, Varin disappeared. Heldos turned to the soldiers and began barking out orders. The now thousands of Varins began moving out, setting up tents, latrines, and the like.

Peiq's Castle
Varin appeared in Peiq's castle, standing near Beldas. For the moment, he just watched and waited.

1 MinAct: Create 20 level 12 Varins.
1 MinAct: Create 1 level 18 Varin.
1 MinAct: Increase populace

drack
2011-02-05, 05:18 PM
Shatten decided that there was little he could do there, so he returned to peiq's castle. He also takes the opportunity to read what lurks below the surface of his sibling's minds.

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 05:34 PM
"Now, Dahakahn, would you like to join me in my sanctum and wait for the Ceremony to take effect?" He teleports to his sanctum, leaving behind a trail of magic so that Dahakahn could follow him. Whe he arrives, he thinks. "Well, this place is rather empty." he says, and calls 4,000 of the worlds brightest, wisest, most curious minds to him, not taking into account race, age, or gender. All were equal until proven to be weaker here. He then created 40 servants who were stronger than the rest, again of varying cultural backgrounds. "Hello learned people. I have brought you here because you are hte smartest and wisest of the world. You are here to learn, to grow, and become powerful. All you must do is accept me as your god." They all bow in reverence. He gives a speech, lasting an hour long. The people were very inspired, and began studying in the libraries immediately. The 40 especially strong ones oversaw the libraries, though they studied just as much, 10 to each of the 4 libraries.

4 Minor: Summon 4000 of the brightest minds in the world to his Sanctum.
1 Minor: Create 40 level 12 servants
1 Minor Inspire Population(Learning)

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-05, 05:45 PM
Varin looked over at the newly arrived god. "I'm Varin. You are?"

drack
2011-02-05, 06:00 PM
Shatten (shrouded in his cloud of dark mist) answered, his words echoing from the f=recesses of Varin's mind "I am Shatten the god of all that rests in the shadows, and you six armed one?" as he speaks Shatten reached deep into Varin's mind, reading his innermost secretes.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-05, 06:15 PM
Varin sighs. "As I said, I am Varin, God of Combat and Struggle. I came from off-plane, as a representative of my true self. Really, I am an avatar of the True Varin. I was wondering if you would accept a colony of my people here."

Shatten sees a horrible sight. Millions of soliders marching across hundreds of different worlds, bringing death and destruction ahead of them, cities, forges, farms and castles behind them. Most of the soldiers walk in rank, covered from head to toe in shining, silver armor, wielding swords, pikes, axes, crossbows, and other, stranger weapons. Thousands of mages fly above, blasting death into the disorganized enemies that stood before the mighty army. Behind them stood a being hundreds of feet tall, recognizable as Varin, overseeing the massive slaughter.

All of this came from a massive portal, hundreds of feet tall. On the inside was a massive, massive city. The ground curved away on all side, perhaps the inside of a sphere, too large to measure. A radiant sun sat in the middle, providing constant daylight. The sounds of industry and toil never cease. The Varin people, and others, changed like them, inhabit this plane. The constant toil and struggle make the Varin people proud and happy. Interspersing the factories, smokestacks, forges, and libraries, lay huge collections of houses, neatly constructed and built. Millions, if not billions, of people, seven foot tall, many of them slighty animalistic, covered in bone plates, changing, struggling, making a name for themselves.

For some, paradise. For others, hell.

drack
2011-02-05, 06:43 PM
"hmm" Shatten considers the image for a moment, seeing the constant struggle, the blackened skies, and the warlike people. Shatten's voice than returns "I don't think that is so unreasonable... but I will warn you that this world is yet fresh, with many undiscovered power forces resting yet."
Varin:there is a quick vision of hundreds of beasts, each in their own dark little corners of the world, yet the image flashes by too fast for Varin to distinctly see any of them, or their locations.

"I of course wouldn't expect your people to march all over my settlements, but as long as it remains as over rather than through I will be contented. I hope your warriors prove themselves well against the horrors of this realm, but I would also hope that you wouldn't end any of the spices that have the favor of the gods. All the same I don't see the harm in a small colony, which we will allow to grow as our own worshiper's populations do. I'm also sure you wouldn't mind if our own god of war had a chance to speak with your people... I'm sure he would be most pleased with your world..." Shatten continued: "I'm also confident that you can refrain from making too many enemies out of your early acquaintances , after all a dagger in the dark can often work better than a sword in day." Shatten than shows Varin one last vision

This vision begins the same as the vision Varin shared, but the in an instant the ground forces are assaulted by millions of daggers, and more still crossbow bolts which take flight from the ground. Than a larger portal, pitch black, and large enough to block out the sun, something monsterous begins to stir upon it's surface, and a look of pure terror shows on the mages. (an expression I very much doubt they had shown often) Than the vision ends.
"Well, I hope you the best of luck in your battles Varin" Shatten's voice echoes faintly in the back of Varin's head.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-05, 07:09 PM
Varin laughs, not even bothering to hide his thoughts. "You really think you'd frighten my men, or me? Look, what you saw, what I wanted you to see, is what happens when idiots threaten me. Where I originally was, I was a God of Knowledge. My people love the growth of knowledge and power.

So, if you would, please don't do that again. This isn't the first time I've dealt with gods of your sort. Now, I can't stop you, but I do know when you're doing it, and really, it's quite rude." Varin morphs down into his human form, barely six feet tall, well muscled, handsome, two arms, two legs. "I have no quarrel with anyone that simply wishes to struggle and survive, to grow and prosper, as my people do. Oh, also, you can make up any vision you wish, but the things you saw happened, were true.

And I know what power you have, and it is nothing like that. If you truly wish to fight me, that is fine. I will even do so on your terms. But, do not threaten my people. Please." Varin smiles at the dark cloud. "And, really, who's the one making enemies, reading the minds of friendly strangers? Not I."

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 07:16 PM
Xulfog had, of course, noticed the new arrival to the realm. At this point, he decides to mentally contact the being. Hello there, new one. You do not know me, but i am Xulfog. I would be honored if you would join me in my Sanctum to meet.

drack
2011-02-05, 07:19 PM
"Reading the minds? Should I be calling it that when the words of my mind enter your head? It is simply as I am, I can do as little of it as you can your hearing... unless of course you are intending to gauge out your ears. You war gods are always so rash. That aside You are not the god of that realm, merely a copy. I do not seek enemies, only to warn you not to, and to also warn you that you never do know what lurks in the shadows. Perhaps that is within my power, perhaps not. Even if it was I doubt you would be impressed with one squadron being taken out. Nor do I necessarily seek out enemies of my own. Though since you are of one who is a god of knowledge I believe I should warn you that some knowledge is better left unshared... Than again I'll bet you already know that." Than something catches his interest "what was that voice in your thoughts? the one that quested for freedom?" Than he slowly turns to Beldas "and you have it in your mind too... interesting. Well I'm sure you're well aware of how troublesome it is to deal with those from whom you can't keep secretes ay?"

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-05, 07:35 PM
Varin sighs. "No, see, now you're being obstinate. There's a difference between telepathy and mind reading, dolt. If you can't control it, then don't do it at all. Telling me that is like me telling you that I must kill everything I see. It's stupid. You're a god! You can do anything!"

Varin simultaneously thought back to Xulfog. *I will, in some time. I am dealing with a situation that requires my full attention at the moment.*

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 07:38 PM
(Xulfog Thought-spoke to you Halna. It may be wise to answer him.)

drack
2011-02-05, 07:45 PM
"I could, but you could also decide not to hear anything, it's still not something worth bothering to stop is it?"

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-05, 07:51 PM
Varin shrugs. *Fine. Then I will just have to intrude on your domain.* Varin begins a mental struggle with Shatten, attempting to burst his way into Shatten's mind.

drack
2011-02-05, 07:55 PM
attempting to burst into Shatten's mind is like swinging a sword at mist while blinded. You can eventually part it, but it would take quite a while, and Shatten reminds you "do you really have time for this? Or do you not care for the sword or your voice?" (if you're gonna spend that much time tell me, otherwise I'll leave it at this :smallbiggrin: It's hard to steal knowledge from a god of secrets ay?)

Bridgar
2011-02-05, 07:58 PM
Beldas
"Both of you, enough! Not in the presence of our father. We'll take this dispute elsewhere at another time, alright?" Beldas stands between the two arguing brothers, arms outstretched in the directions of Shatten and Varin.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-05, 08:09 PM
In an instant, Varin morphed back into his combat form, and in another, was at Shatten's throat (metaphorical or otherwise), with all of his blades, a radiant light blowing back the dark mist, and he was chuckling. "I guess we should leave each other to their own domain, perhaps?" He took his time morphing back into his human form, the last thing leaving Shatten was the massive greatsword. "Look, friend... brother, if you will. If you wanted me to close my ears, I would!" With a flick of the wrist, Varin's ears sunk back into his head, and with another, they grew back. "All I ask for is a little privacy, hmm?"

drack
2011-02-05, 08:21 PM
When his brother's blades shift into his mist Shatten dissolves into it to reform once the blades are withdrawn. "Hmm 'privacy' you say?
hmm, pleas tell me what you mean brother dearest." Shatten says with just the slightest bit of humor in his voice. "As for encroaching on each other's domain you do so on mine in this foolish request that a god of secrets choose not to learn any. That is such as having a god of combat not to have warriors, or engage in his art. I'm sure you would understand brother."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-05, 08:24 PM
Varin looks at Shatten for a moment, then facepalms. You know, whatever. Doesn't even matter... So, next time I see you, that means I get to kill you?"

drack
2011-02-05, 08:34 PM
"Does it now? That may be interesting all the same, but than what should I make myself not here to die, while being here to listen? Regardless on some levels I believe we understand each other, yet I believe you think me somewhat more violent than I am, oh well, I guess there is never reason to be found with a god of war... at least this one anyways."

Gaius: Not all war gods are this thick headed are they?

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-05, 08:44 PM
Varin blinks. "Are you... insane? He runs his hands through his hair. ""I come in here, and the first thing I see, is visions of my people being killed. You sent that to me! What am I supposed to think? I gave you a 'how do ya do?' and then you show me pictures of my people being slaughtered! Then you keep going on about 'Oh, I'm the god of secrets, so I must invade your head! Mwuhahahaha!' But that doesn't apply to me? I'm the god of combat, why shouldn't I kill you? I mean, it's a rhetorical question. I'm trying to civilly argue. Beldas, am I making any sense here at all? Please tell me if I am."

Bridgar
2011-02-05, 08:49 PM
Beldas
"No, dear friend. I believe that Shatten has acted out. He's been rather rude, and I haven't known him to be like this before. I think that Shatten should leave and contemplate his actions whilst you and I speak civilly with Peiq. I fear Shatten has been overcome by some illness." Beldas gives his honest opinion, trying not to offend.

drack
2011-02-05, 09:00 PM
Shatten coughs descreatly. "I fear you are right brother, I have been rude to our guest, and I apologize if I have offended you. It is just the intent behind that one image must have somehow offset me, I believe I will be fine in a moment." With this Shatten sits down, and begins to ponder why he felt inclined to share so much. His brother was right, it was most certainly not like him... but there was something about that guy... regardless he set it aside and began listening, a skill that had served him much better than speaking.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-05, 09:02 PM
Varin nods to Beldas. "Thank you Beldas." And he then turns to Shatten. "And I must apologize also. Such actions as you saw are not the norm, which is why they are secret. I do not delight in such things, and prefer peaceful colonization where I can get it... which isn't many places."

drack
2011-02-05, 09:05 PM
Shatten decides to break his silence for the sake of not making unnecessary enemies "well than, let us both put this unsightly matter behind us than. Perhaps some day we will know each other as we truly are."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-05, 09:07 PM
Varin nods and smiles. "Perhaps one day." He then looks about, and begins a mental conversation with Xulfog. *What did you need, Xulfog?*

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 09:09 PM
I require nothing. I simply wished to meet the new arrival. I can wait, if youre busy. I am the god of time, after all. He thinks back, watching over his new sanctum.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-05, 09:16 PM
*It is no problem now. I can converse, though I cannot physically be there.*

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 09:19 PM
I must admit, i was eavesdropping on you. The god of Knowledge? I daresay you would love my Sanctum. It is home to all of the knowledge in the world, and then some. It is a place for mortals to study for centuries yet not age while inside.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-05, 09:22 PM
*That would be a wonderful idea, once I get some of my mages in here! Though, I cannot say if I will retain that moniker and the power over knowledge in this realm.*

Xulfog
2011-02-05, 09:37 PM
The only condition is that upon entering Mortals accept me as their god, though i allow them to worship other gods above me they are required to also worship me as at least a secondary god. I also give them my blessing. Would that be a problem?

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-05, 09:52 PM
*Not at all. My people are free to do as they wish.*

nysisobli
2011-02-08, 08:11 PM
The sword, is made of purple metal that falls from the sky, its properties even im not sure of, and a diagram? Peiq laughs, sure and creates a set of blue prints out of nothing.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-08, 09:22 PM
Varin steps closer and examines the blueprints. "Hmm... I may be able to forge something like this... I'll need some help though."

Xulfog
2011-02-08, 10:50 PM
(we never got the result of our ceremony)

Bridgar
2011-02-09, 05:55 PM
Beldas
"Excuse me, but no. These are for me, and we only need one sword. There's no point in making more than one." Beldas walks over to Varin and pulls the prints out of his hands. He then rolls them up, puts them in his robes, and leaves.

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 06:37 PM
When the ceremony ends,

Xulfog and Dahn

You know 3 places where the sword is, their is one in peiq's sanctum, one in a grand volcano, and one in a crevice in the ocean.

Varin

Free me, and i will tell you where the sword is located, the voice whispers, you have my word.

Xulfog
2011-02-09, 07:29 PM
Xulfog uses a time paradow to allow himself to be in three places at once. He then has each of the hims go to one of the locations to obtain the swords.
(@ Nys I left off there in case there are otherthings Xulfog has to do to get the swords. And don't worry, he's donating the ceremony to his friend ;D)

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 07:47 PM
When Xulfog arrives at the volcano, it roars magnificently, you can feel the presence of a being much stronger then you inside of it, In the crevice you feel a being equally as powerful, and when you arrive at Peiq's temple, you see him sitting on his throne looking at you.

Xulfog
2011-02-09, 07:59 PM
Pieq:
Xulfog kneels on one knee. "Hello father. Xulfog greets you... I believe that YOU have one of the swords. My magic tells me this is true, though you could have manipulated it. But I trust you father. May I have the sword?" Xulfog remains kneeling.

Volcano/trench:
Xulfog believes that they can be reasoned with. He contacts the being. "Hello. I am Xulfog. You posses a sword that I wish to obtain. Will you allow me to have it? I am willing to compensate you if necessary."

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 08:05 PM
Peiq looks on, I do not possess one of the swords, but their is one in my castle.

A great being of lava steps out of the volcano, and looks at you, what compensation can you give me for one of the greatest items ever created?
Waves of heat pass across you each time he speaks.

Inside the ocean trench, you spot a giant clam, it is not open however you sense the swords power deep inside it.

drack
2011-02-09, 08:12 PM
Shatten decides that mortals alone may not be capable of finding the sword, and thus he decides to have the shadow being that he restored scour the planes. It its self stretches across many, yet it also has a nice ability to develop strange shadow creatures throughout it's depths, which Shatten imprints the minds of such that they will bring him the sword (minor action imprinting this into the instincts of those who can't think, and deep within the subconscious minds of higher life forms, and closer to the top (there are likely vary few of the intelligence to notice subconscious tamperings with a natural urge to rationalize through a thousand reasons) he speaks telepathically with the other creatures who would surpass his head priests in terms of power over shadows he offers power.

Than he begins teleporting to other planes himself, searching the planes themselves for the secretes of the swords whereabouts. As he does so he reaches out again to his brother Voultes reminding him that his offer stands.

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 08:32 PM
The god of secrets

After milling through the thoughts of numerous beings, you catch a stray thought from the all father.

The scene shows him forging the blade himself, and using it in a battle with a great and terrible demon. The demon was slain, and cast the blade into several pieces across the world, you saw one fall by a great mountain, and consumed by a grand tree over the years.

drack
2011-02-09, 08:38 PM
Shatten slips through his shadow and out, closer and closer to the blade until he finds a reason to stop, giving out a telepathic rhythm of darkness through his shadow that only shadow beings would realize signaling them to come with.

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 08:41 PM
You approach the grand tree, only to realize it knows your there, The ground begins to rumble as it roars at you.

drack
2011-02-09, 08:50 PM
I reach out to the ground as the shadow creatures gather. I sense it's secretes, and ask it "may I please have that sword? Or if not why?" yet at the same time I allow my darkness to build up, slowly thickening around me in preparation for it's use.

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 09:02 PM
It is the reason i am alive godling, give me a reason to give you this sword, instead of crushing you where you stand.

Xulfog
2011-02-09, 09:08 PM
Pieq
"Thank you father. With your permission I shall search the castle." Assuming Pisa assents, Xulfog searches the castle until he finds the sword.

Volcano
"What is something you desire that is within my power to grant? I do not pretend to know your desires."

Trench
He inspects the clam/oyster. He takes four more of himself from other moments of time as he is very paranoid due to the other swords being placed near powerful beings. Together they attempt to open it using both magic and physical might.

drack
2011-02-09, 09:14 PM
Hmm, There are many ways to give the land life, what's to say that a young godling couldn't give you life as well? One that didn't rely on a sword, but stretched eternally through time. I offer you inclusion into my plans, which would grant you mobility, and more power than you yet have. for the present I would offer that I move you along with that sword to my sanctum, and once I recover enough I will give you true life, and will not request you relinquish the sword till than. Mind you there are many after that sword at the present, and most not as exhausted as I. Within my sanctum I will have the power to protect you from them in order to benefit us both. Interested?

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 09:33 PM
xulfog

Im certain you have nothing I want, says the fire being.

As you force the giant clam open, you see the mot beautiful woman you gave ever seen sleeping, with the sword on her side.

The castle search goes well, but after inspecting nearly 100 rooms you have yet to find the sword

Shatten

Agreed, but the life comes first, I will retire in your sanctum until then.

drack
2011-02-09, 09:42 PM
"deal" With this one word shadows begin to burst free of Shatten enveloping all of the mountain in a dark and daunting mist. Than the entire landscape begins to shift, and darkness closes in from all angles, solidifying into dark walls of a higher floor of Shatten's sanctum. Shatten than telepathically calls out to peiq: "This appears too easy, what is the catch father? I get the feeling that there is more to this than just the one sword. My siblings would not be so preoccupied as I grasped it were it not so."

Xulfog
2011-02-09, 09:43 PM
Pieq
He continues to search, leaving a magical trail behind himself so he would not be lost.

Volcano
Xulfog thinks for a moment. "I have one thing, Molten one. I can offer you Time magic. Perhaps some mortal servants. I could write a book of you, and put it in my Great Library. There are some things beyond the power of even such a great being as yourself. I would be honored to do so in return for the sword."

Trench
He is not interested in the pleasures of flesh. He does have respect forthe woman, though, and freezes her in time as to not wake her. One Xulfog takes the sword out carefully so as to not cut the girl.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-09, 09:55 PM
Varin thinks out to the Voice *Deal. Where's the sword?*

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 09:56 PM
Xulfog

The girl smiles at you as you take the sword from her side, and begins to sing at you, your thoughts take you to a place of grand knowledge, from which you see books that were from the old worlds.

The Molten one looks you up and down, nice idea, however i will trade my sword for a totem of one of your family members.

The path through Peiq's castle takes you to his room, the door is strongly warded.

Shatten

Peiq speaks back to you, who said this would be easy, I have to make certain that you and your siblings are going to be able to inherit this world, there have been some before you in this world, and they are all powerful and dangerous, but that group failed, many of them died, and some are imprisoned, Strength, Kindness, Fierceness, Nobility, Passion
These are things my children need to know, for I am not the only being in this world.

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 09:57 PM
Varin

Crack this damn rock open and i will take you there myself.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-09, 10:00 PM
Varin shook his. *No. Sword first. Then I'll do it.*

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 10:04 PM
varin

You will find the sword, at the moon island, but be warned on this island lives a great beast, said to have once been a piece of the moon itself.
I will help you fight the beast if you wish.

drack
2011-02-09, 10:06 PM
Shatten continues his world hopping, and has his shadow creatures resume their search. He hadn't expected much from peiq... he had always kept his secretes well... though there was something in what he had said, mentioning others... perhaps even of his strength... Shatten sent a few shadows to search for the demon body that he had seen Pieq slay with the sword, with instructions to lay it on the floor below the earth creature. He also limited it's room such that all but the earth creature and he would instantly be expelled from the tower the instant they came inside the room. All the while searching new planes, gleaning secretes from each of them.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-09, 10:16 PM
Varin travels to the meteor. Heaving with all of his might, he slashes and hacks at the meteor, attempting to break it open.

I don't have any Acts, so... a ceremony?

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 10:21 PM
varin

Nope nothing

As the meteor cracks open, you hear a hiss and boiling steam comes out of the rock. Before you stands a man with skin composed of diamonds, and a large pure ruby guitar on his back.

Freed me have you he smirks at Varin, Ill give you what you seek godling.

Shatten

After many hours, you soon find the demons body, it appears that it was banished to another plane all together, and it is massive, possibly bigger then the castle which You grew up in.

You can still feel its power inside of its body

drack
2011-02-09, 10:33 PM
Shatten again allows his shadows to build up before releasing them in a similar spell to transport the demon's body three floors before the earth creature's, and he places similar commands to his sanctuary before he continues. Despite the demon and the sword both calling for his attention Shatten knew he could do little about them until he regained his powers, and so he ventured out again to find more of this massive secret. He begins searching the oldest of the planes hoping to discover similar things that may be connected somehow. It didn't occur to him that there may be more swords, but rather that ancient beings that powerful... perhaps they could shed some light on what appeared to Shatten as the ultimate secrete: the secrete behind peiq. Thus he searched on, this time still stopping at things of great power, but he hoped that he would soon find a being who could shed some light on this whole business. He considered that peiq's plan was probably to have his children go explore and find that there was more out there, and Shatten thought it a success if so.

Xulfog
2011-02-09, 10:41 PM
Pieq
He knows this door must be meant for him. As the god of magical knowledge, he attempts to lower the barriers and enter the room. When the second Him appears(see the trench), he presses on in his attempt. The second Xulfog harnesses the power of his Sword to do so.

Volcano
"What do you mean by a totem? It has several meanings to me."

Trench
He still does not speak to the woman. He enjoys the vision of knowledge, but it is obviously an illusion designed to keep him there. Finally he speaks. "Thank you, kind woman." he says, taking his leave of her and returning to the Xulfog at Pieqs castle to aid himself in removing the barrier.

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 10:46 PM
Shatten searched many of the planes, but soon found there was not much out there, either something was blocking his powers, or the universe was hopelessly empty, but soon he found a plane, that no matter how hard he tried he could not penetrate.

He could feel the energy of many beings forming a seal across this plane, there may be someone you could question, if you had enough power to break the seal.

Xulfog
2011-02-09, 10:48 PM
(Forgot my post.)

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 10:49 PM
The sword cuts into the door of its own volition, you see that this is Peiq's personal bedroom, the one place you have never been allowed to go, in this room there is a large bed, and two boxes, one is made of jade, and one is made of ivory. Which do you open?

The Molten one states, I need you to go into another one of your families planes, and steal the thing that lets them teleport there, that is what I mean by totem.

drack
2011-02-09, 10:55 PM
Shatten contemplates this for a moment, than decides that it is much more polite to knock, and allow them to open the door. He knows that with his siblings he may be able to enter, but he had never been one to share secretes crates, and so he allows his darkness to spread until it covers a large surface of the barrier, than he has the shadows slowly form themselves as an extension of the barrier, through which he tampers until he can send a quick telepathic message through, requesting entry for the pursuit of knowledge, all the while thinking to himself how like his brother xulfog he sounded. If this goes unanswered he will check up on his siblings to see how they are fairing.

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 11:05 PM
After a while it is certain you will get no answer, But for a split second, you can feel something terrible beyond the barrier, something quite powerful indeed.

Xulfog
2011-02-09, 11:10 PM
Pieq
The two Xulfogs become one and he decides to open the Jade chest first.

Volcano
"Very well. But I shall attempt to so so without inciting a fight first." he opens up a telepathic channel to all of his siblings with sanctums or realms. "Siblings, I already posses a sword. I wish to borrow a totem from one of you as part of a deal. Would any of you assent to this?"

drack
2011-02-09, 11:10 PM
Shatten knows best that some secretes are best kept (not to contradict myself or anything) :smallbiggrin: Shatten returned to his sanctuary, and to the demon's corps. He instinctively probes for secrets as he telepathically probes it for any chance of communication as he magically probes it to see if it's fully dead, and to see what is emitting that power.

Shatten ignores his brother's foolish request before suddenly realizing "a sword" at which he decides that the search is not over, yet all the same he may as well continue with the demon first.

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 11:14 PM
Out of the Jade chest, comes a powerful gust of wind, The wind solidifies and looks at you, Why do you come to this most sacred of rooms, and attempt thievery?!

-----

Shatten

The body is dead, but it must have been powerful enough in life, that its body still retains some of its powers.

drack
2011-02-09, 11:16 PM
Shatten considers this and decides that dead it could be useful, but could also wait more patiently. He goes off again in search of the swords now that he knows more exist.

Xulfog
2011-02-09, 11:22 PM
Xulfog bows to the creature in respect. "I apologize wise one, I mean no harm. I am Xulfog, son of Pieq. He has granted me his permission to search the castle for a magical sword. Would you happen to be it's guardian, noble one?"

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 11:33 PM
No such sword exists here, seldom the one that your holding.
The creature looks angerly at you, Do you know what happened to the last god that opened that box? I never left it.

Shatten

Searching for the swords comes up futile, there is no more that seem like they haven't been found.

nysisobli
2011-02-09, 11:34 PM
Welcome to

Turn 4(Age of the Reforging)

drack
2011-02-09, 11:48 PM
Shatten returns to the earth creature telling it "The day of your freedom is at hand, but I have been wondering what you would like to do with new powers, movement, do you have anything to do with life besides live? If not I'd be more than happy to offer you a position here..."

Xulfog
2011-02-10, 07:20 AM
Pieq
"No, I do not. I assume he was ended in a terrible way. Thank you spirit, I will take my leave if that is acceptable. I apologize for bothering you." Xulfog returns to his father by following the magic trail if the creature allows him to leave. "Hello father. I posses one of the many swords. I am confused, why are there so many swords? I alone found one in three locations. Though the third was not really the sword. Was it a test?"

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-10, 04:24 PM
Varin looks at the being for a second. 'I like a man who keeps his word. Let's go."