PDA

View Full Version : [MYTH] Mythos set up & OOC

Maxios
2011-01-20, 12:50 PM
As some of you know, I had a FFRP running earlier known as Mythos. I'd like to create a newer version of Mythos as a new FFRP universe. Mythos is set in an original high fantasy universe of my design. This would take place after the original Mythos, continuing the events of it.
Anyone interested?

EDIT: The threads for Mythos IC are now up :smallsmile:

emi-chan
2011-01-21, 04:57 AM
I like the sound of that, and I'm new to this forum and looking for a game to join. I haven't really done any free-form roleplay before (my friends as I did when we were bored in class and couldn't talk, but it always ended with each class as we'd always lose the papers.) But I can write and would like to join your game if you don't mind :)

Viera Champion
2011-01-21, 09:24 AM
Sounds like fun Maxi!

Maxios
2011-01-21, 10:48 AM
To Emi Chan: Welcome to FFRP...and welcome to Mythos :smallsmile:

To Lil Shiro: Thanks. :smallsmile:

This time around, I think I'll be playing an arrogant mage who specializes in illusions.

Edit: I'll PM Creed and Gimili, they posted in the original Mythos

Viera Champion
2011-01-21, 10:54 AM
I could play a beautiful maiden archer who is very skilled and has magic arrows.:smallsmile:

Maxios
2011-01-21, 10:55 AM
I could play a beautiful maiden archer who is very skilled and has magic arrows.:smallsmile:

That's a very cool character idea :smallsmile:

Mina Kobold
2011-01-21, 11:10 AM
Hmm, interested.

What kind of creatures, civilisations, cultural shenanigans, technological- and magical stuff exists in this Mythos world?

If it's just the standard then I may have some ideas (A serious magician apprentice who loves order way too much to be in this business, a weary warrior who've seen it all, a priest preaching about the importance of newts, the usual stuff)

Maxios
2011-01-21, 11:24 AM
Hmm, interested.

What kind of creatures, civilisations, cultural shenanigans, technological- and magical stuff exists in this Mythos world?

If it's just the standard then I may have some ideas (A serious magician apprentice who loves order way too much to be in this business, a weary warrior who've seen it all, a priest preaching about the importance of newts, the usual stuff)

Creatures: Your standard monster fare (Dragons, goblins, etc.) along with new ones of my creation, such as the Glick (A greater version of Lizardmen) or the Wyrm-Blood (People with the blood of dragons in them).
For PC creatures, any sentinent (or semi-sentinent) creature, such as Half-Dragons or Gnomes, can be played :smallsmile:
Dragons in this are ancient monsters. The oldest, and most deadly, are masters of a certain element/substance (Like fire, or acid). These 'elemental' dragons were nearly all killed in a massive war (This war, known as Dragonsbane, mainly took place on the small continent of Helmor, but close by the end, the war was all over the world). The surviving elemental dragons were sealed in ancient and mighty prisons.

Civilizations: The game is set on Mythos' largest continent. A very prominent example of civilization there is the large city-state of Padros. Another prominent kingdom is Xor. Oddly enough, the kingdom of Troyla is a democracy.

The Culture: The world varies in culture. Orc tribes decide who rules by whoever is the strongest, Humans decide who'd be the best man/woman/ to lead, and Elves have an Elder Council, etc.
The eastern part of the continent is based on Feudal China and Japan. The south consists of un-tamed deserts. The west is where most of civilization exists (Which is semi-based on Medival Europe) and contains Padros, and Xor. The northern part of the continent consists of forests, mountains, etc.

Technological: The technology of Mythos is primairly Medival Europe. However, many more 'modern' examples exist as well. For example: Steam-boats exist in Mythos, but uses magic to power them. At the same time, the scientists of Padros have a primitive version of electricity.

Magic: Magic is used for many purposes. Divine magic is used to heal people, and protect people.
Arcane magic has a varity of spells (Including fireballs, a spell that can make people grow/shrink, and ones that...cut your hedge.) Wizards however, must have a magical implement (Like a Wand, or staff) to cast a spell. The most powerful wizards, however, can cast spells without an implement. Magic comes from a chaotic plane of existence, known only as the Plane of the Magi.
When harnessing magic, a wizard 'tames it', then have it used in the way he chooses. (So that way, a wizard could make a huge fireball, or several tiny ones)

Viera Champion
2011-01-21, 11:35 AM
My archer maiden would be like a gypsy from the desert or something like that.

I also have a second idea, a teenage boy (15/16) who has the power to summon creatures from the Plane of the Magi, and use them to do his bidding. One such creature is also like his adorable little companion and actually lives permanently in the Mythos World no, never going back to the Plane of the Magi. He of course is small, adorable, and terribly weak.

Mina Kobold
2011-01-21, 11:44 AM
Well then, would it be possible to have magical prostethics in Mythos?

Anyway I'm considering a travelling fighter-wizard as a character, he wouldn't be able to levitate boulders around or burn half the forest in a blast but he could throw a baseball made of FIRE at you or run on walls and water.

The later mostly because he'd be more based on mobility and fenching-style stuff than shrugging off arrows and swinging huge axes around.

He'd of course be hit by anything hilarious despite that, even if catapulted barrels of fish and falling cows should be easily avoidable. :smalltongue:

Creed
2011-01-21, 11:35 PM
Oh f***.
Exicalflowne is so f***ing back.
This time, with 100% more f***ing censorship.

EDIT: CS
Name: Exicalflowne, Minister of Magic, Crown Prince of Gelderland, Magi of the Third Order

Description: Exicalflowne is just under 6 feet tall, a screen of black hair usually covering his face. He is young, upon closer inspection, probably barely in his twenties. he has a cropped, rugged beard and shining, obsidian eyes.
Despite his young appearance, Exicalflowne often is found coughing, bent over, since the recapture of Maxios's kingdom.

History:
Exicalflowne often refers to his childhood, apprenticed to a lich he calls "Lord Reaper" in the far off kingdom of Gelderland. Exicalflowne, in private company, has made reference as well to a sister who's whereabouts are unknown.
During the battle for Maxios's kingdom, Exicalflowne summoned, and subsequently sealed within himself, the demon labeled Denair, a hellbent being who was trapped in the Abyssal bottleneck known as Denair. So far, besides his coughing fits, he has suffered no ill affects.
Why Exicalflowne left his lofty position of crown prince to wander the realm is unknown, or even why he agreed to travel with Maxios.
As a whole, Exicalflowne is mysterious, tight-lipped, and wise beyond his years.

Viera Champion
2011-01-22, 12:30 AM
Felicia Cattail
Archer Maiden of the Desert
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1101/d21/2300/fcf8543.png

Kyle Grimour
Young Summoner
Oh... and his Pixie guide Xeta
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1101/d21/2321/811d699.png

emi-chan
2011-01-22, 05:40 AM
Okay, try this guy.

Lothar, a thief with particular tendencies towards large and ancient texts or just any passer-bys purse. He rarely tells anyone more than his first name and has since forgotten who he really is or where he comes from. He roams from town to town, selling off less interesting volumes to other book merchants he meets on the way, and makes very little money doing so. He has been many things in his 38 years, a scholar, a thief, a rather clumsy assassin and finally chose to appear to the world as a hopeless but intelligent gentleman selling off the hordes of books accumulated by rich ancestors. He prefers to keep an air of mystery about him, stating his falsehoods plainly and mixing them with what is true so often that he sometimes gets caught up in his on web.

He mildly remembers that he has a younger sister, but she left home long before he did and has never contacted him since. This may be because he leaves very little trace of his visits behind him, but he stubbornly attributes this to a lack of cunning on her part.

Lothar is no overly tall, nor handsome. But has cultivated an ageing charm. He has pallid greyish skin and long white hair which he ties up simply behind his back lest it get in the way of his reading. He dresses conservatively, as he believes the ageing ought to do. Warm layers of felt and wool over a cotton tunic serve him well in padding out his thin frame and smuggling precious tomes out of rare libraries.

Lothar has no magic, something which bugs him greatly. He watches all magic users with fascination, asking them to teach him what they know but never quite getting the trick of it. He documents all that he learns and practises when ever he has a private moment. Ashamed of his efforts always failing he is jealous and while he trusts very few people in the world, he trusts those with magic even less.

((is this okay?))

Creed
2011-01-22, 08:02 AM
Felicia Cattail
Archer Maiden of the Desert
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1101/d21/2300/fcf8543.png

Kyle Grimour
Young Summoner
Oh... and his Pixie guide Xeta
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1101/d21/2321/811d699.png

Two words that I expect to here alot:
Hey, LISTEN!

Viera Champion
2011-01-22, 08:26 AM
Two words that I expect to here alot:
Hey, LISTEN!

:smallwink:I get it.

Mina Kobold
2011-01-22, 08:41 AM
:smallwink:I get it.

I haven't played any Zelda game except Phantom Hourglass and I get it.

By the by; Ooh, cat-ears O_o

Does that mean there's cat-people in Mythos? Groovylicious!

Viera Champion
2011-01-22, 08:55 AM
I haven't played any Zelda game except Phantom Hourglass and I get it.

By the by; Ooh, cat-ears O_o

Does that mean there's cat-people in Mythos? Groovylicious!

It's High Fantasy. There is whatever the hell I want as long as it's not technology.

Mina Kobold
2011-01-22, 09:07 AM
It's High Fantasy. There is whatever the hell I want as long as it's not technology.

O_o

I can have anything? ANYTHING?

Mehehehehehe MAHAHAHAHAHA! Hihihiii!

Ahem. I mean, this will be interesting. :smallsmile:

Viera Champion
2011-01-22, 09:22 AM
Well no. It should at least make sense for this world.

Falgorn
2011-01-22, 09:38 AM
Showing interest, been dying to do a High Fantasy RP since I started playing Dragon Age.
Maybe a dwarf or a lizardperson, I'll post a character later.

Mina Kobold
2011-01-22, 09:40 AM
Well no. It should at least make sense for this world.

Wouldn't the "Chaotic plane of existence" cover that?

Any weirdness could be explained by an unplanned trip there or an overconfident wizard. I won't do it if it's too out of context of course. :smallsmile:

Creed
2011-01-22, 12:34 PM
Wouldn't the "Chaotic plane of existence" cover that?

Any weirdness could be explained by an unplanned trip there or an overconfident wizard. I won't do it if it's too out of context of course. :smallsmile:

The Abyss has already been established as existing, so that could be a "Chaotic Plane of existence". I can never keep straight if the Abyss or The Nine Hells is chaotic...
Oh, and the Realm of Literary Devices (TvTropes) has been mentioned in casual conversation:smalltongue:.

Mina Kobold
2011-01-22, 12:39 PM
The Abyss has already been established as existing, so that could be a "Chaotic Plane of existence". I can never keep straight if the Abyss or The Nine Hells is chaotic...
Oh, and the Realm of Literary Devices (TvTropes) has been mentioned in casual conversation:smalltongue:.

I meant the Plane of Magi that Maxios mentioned. He said it was a "Chaotic plane of existence".

The Abyss is the Chaotic one, the Nine Hells are all about order, punishment and defined numbers.

The Abyss just have terror, uncountable layers and can actually stare back when you look at it for too long.

And that's creepy.

Viera Champion
2011-01-22, 02:41 PM
I meant the Plane of Magi that Maxios mentioned. He said it was a "Chaotic plane of existence".

The Abyss is the Chaotic one, the Nine Hells are all about order, punishment and defined numbers.

The Abyss just have terror, uncountable layers and can actually stare back when you look at it for too long.

And that's creepy.

Well in that case, no one has ever been to the Plane of Magi before. Maxios said so.

Mina Kobold
2011-01-22, 02:50 PM
Well in that case, no one has ever been to the Plane of Magi before. Maxios said so.

But they can pull stuff out of there.

That has much potential for magical mutants, experiments gone wrong and just plain insanity. :smallamused:

But that character will probably be my secondary character if I get the travelling sword-figthing magician approved and I will try to avoid OPness. :smallsmile:

Baeleck
2011-01-22, 03:04 PM
I'd certainly be interested, Maxios. Whilst Nexus is great and all, I think a setting with a little more focus would be good for me to RP in. I'll start thinking up a character concept or two.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-22, 10:39 PM
This time around, I think I'll be playing an arrogant mage who specializes in illusions.

Named after a metal perhaps?:smalltongue:

I think I'll join. As for what I'll play, I'll have to think about it.

Maxios
2011-01-22, 10:46 PM
Keveak: Magical prosthetics are allowed, and your character doesn't appear to OPed

Baeleck: Great :smallbiggrin:

Falgorn: A lizard-person could be a cool PC

Emi-Chan: Your character looks great

Lil Shiro: Your character concepts look good. Also, people have gone to the Plane of the Magi...they've just never returned

TE: Somewhat like him...just a lot more sarcastic and chaotic.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-22, 10:51 PM
I've got it! A "mad" scientist... Who's actually quite sane. It's just that everyone else thinks he's crazy for saying that disease is caused by tiny beings called "germs". Everyone knows disease is what happens when you anger the faeries! :smalltongue:

Maxios
2011-01-22, 10:53 PM
I've got it! A "mad" scientist... Who's actually quite sane. It's just that everyone else thinks he's crazy for saying that disease is caused by tiny beings called "germs". Everyone knows disease is what happens when you anger the faeries! :smalltongue:

That'd be a cool character :smallcool:

Plot Idea
The lord of Elemental dragons, the fire dragon Ghorax, is rising from his slumber in Helmor. Ghorax already has recruited an army of monsters, and is going to give world domination another shot

Creed
2011-01-23, 01:31 AM
Plot Idea
The lord of Elemental dragons, the fire dragon Ghorax, is rising from his slumber in Helmor. Ghorax already has recruited an army of monsters, and is going to give world domination another shot

Fairly broad-brush, stock fantasy.
Not that that is a bad thing.:smallbiggrin::smallwink:
Also, sounds a tad like WoW Cataclysim from what I know of it.:smalltongue:

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-23, 02:14 AM
Yeah, that's pretty much Cataclysm in a nutshell.

emi-chan
2011-01-23, 06:40 AM
Looking forward to this :smallsmile:

Falgorn
2011-01-23, 10:15 AM
Mmkay, so we've already got a mage who's an illusionist. What about a power-mad elemental mage?
Could that be meee?

Maxios
2011-01-23, 01:34 PM
Creed: Oddly enough, I've only played WoW once, and had this one plot idea for a very long time :smallcool:

TE: See above

Emi-Chan: I am, as well :smallsmile:

Falgorn: Of course! Every fantasy world needs a power-mad elemental mage :smallcool:

Mina Kobold
2011-01-23, 01:39 PM
Creed: Oddly enough, I've only played WoW once, and had this one plot idea for a very long time :smallcool:

TE: See above

Emi-Chan: I am, as well :smallsmile:

Falgorn: Of course! Every fantasy world needs a power-mad elemental mage :smallcool:

A lot of people get the idea of a big bad ruler of something magical and probably evil waking from a slumber or being freed and trying to take over the world again.

Thus I propose we have a little kid or other innocent character as his advicer and the one that gave him the idea.

They'd never see that coming!

Also, I'll draw up some characters soony-soon!

Gimliggamer
2011-01-23, 11:08 PM
I could play a beautiful maiden archer who is very skilled and has magic arrows.:smallsmile:*coughalreadybeendonecough*

Viera Champion
2011-01-24, 05:39 AM
*coughalreadybeendonecough*

Well see, I got the okay from Maxios, and seeing as how it hasn't been done this time around, I think I'll be alright.

Maxios
2011-01-24, 07:02 PM
Also, this reboot is set a year after the last thread

What Maxios has done since the last thread:
He's ruled Xor for a year, and already got the kingdom has won two wars. He's currently trying to lead the kingdom through a war with the fearsome Yitori Empire. He's also been busy trying to get rid of famine and disease in the kingdom. Xor is also trying to gain control of Padros ((Since Maxios is a PC, I have limits for his kingly powers))

I also have a new character idea:
Isor Wimbleman: Isor underwent very strange training. As in, he was trained simesoustly to be a wizard and a knight. He's currently become a major hero for Padros (Almost an Uncle Sam-like figure) and doesn't want Xor to rule over the city.

Falgorn
2011-01-24, 09:18 PM
Also, this reboot is set a year after the last thread

What Maxios has done since the last thread:
He's ruled Xor for a year, and already got the kingdom has won two wars. He's currently trying to lead the kingdom through a war with the fearsome Yitori Empire. He's also been busy trying to get rid of famine and disease in the kingdom. Xor is also trying to gain control of Padros ((Since Maxios is a PC, I have limits for his kingly powers))

Isor Wimbleman: Isor underwent very strange training. As in, he was trained simesoustly to be a wizard and a knight. He's currently become a major hero for Padros (Almost an Uncle Sam-like figure) and doesn't want Xor to rule over the city.
I like the character. Would I be able to provide an opposite? A mage warrior who specializes in magic revolving around blood, pain, and sacrifice?

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-24, 09:46 PM
Aldern Heinrich

Aldern is a visionary, the laughing stock of many academic circles, ex-professor of the Institute of High Knowledge, and general failure at life. He's far from insane though, almost as far as he is from being competent. He is, in fact, mostly right a lot of the time. What finally got him kicked out of his long standing position as resident madman and the butt of every joke at the Institue was the Theory of Infection via Multiparvus Morbus, that is, a mostly accurate thesis on bacteria. Sadly, as everyone knows disease is caused by angry goblins peeing in your well water, the right-thinking, respectable scholars decided enough was enough and kicked him out the door with a steel toed boot. Now he's got little more than a small amount of money, and his clothes to his name.

Maxios
2011-01-24, 10:39 PM
Falgorn: Sure you can :smallcool:

Third: Your character sheet looks fine.

Also, I might have the threads up by tomorrow

Mina Kobold
2011-01-25, 01:40 AM

Weren't a magic-using fighter my idea?

It's right on the previous page.

Right before the horrible Magi beast but after the magical prosthetics. :smalltongue:

Creed
2011-01-25, 07:41 AM
Lot of M-U's all the sudden.
Luckily, Exicalflowne operates in his own select niche.
Big explody displays of brutal evocation and, er, whatever that school of magic that summons crap is!:smallbiggrin:

Viera Champion
2011-01-25, 04:48 PM
Big explody displays of brutal evocation and, er, whatever that school of magic that summons crap is!:smallbiggrin:

Hey one of my people is a summoner! =D But he's young so he isn't very good.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-25, 04:54 PM
Aldern, due to not being a great swordsman, is planning to hire a bodyguard to defend him. Anyone care to be said bodyguard, or should I just make it an NPC?

Viera Champion
2011-01-25, 04:55 PM
Aldern, due to not being a great swordsman, is planning to hire a bodyguard to defend him. Anyone care to be said bodyguard, or should I just make it an NPC?

I could make one!

Viera Champion
2011-01-25, 05:20 PM

Do you have anything you want for the character.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-25, 05:25 PM
Great.:smallsmile:

Poor Aldern really needs somone competent to keep him alive and in one piece, but no, it doesn't really matter who they are, except that they need to be capable of not strangling him.

Viera Champion
2011-01-25, 06:53 PM

Poor Aldern really needs somone competent to keep him alive and in one piece, but no, it doesn't really matter who they are, except that they need to be capable of not strangling him.

Okely Dokely. I'll be right back with it.

Viera Champion
2011-01-25, 07:00 PM
Akilo Peendar
Bodyguard
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1101/d25/1758/5aba687.png

That's a dude by the way.

Falgorn
2011-01-25, 07:12 PM

Nah, I had a magic-user idea from day one. Now I'm just not sure if I want to stick with it...

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-25, 07:17 PM
Akilo Peendar
Bodyguard
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1101/d25/1758/5aba687.png

That's a dude by the way.

Cool, but I sincerely hope he has a non-lethal weapon. He may need to knock Aldern out on occasion, as he's as stubborn as a mule, and there's a good chance he's going to get way over his head in trouble.:smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2011-01-25, 07:22 PM
Cool, but I sincerely hope he has a non-lethal weapon. He may need to knock Aldern out on occasion, as he's as stubborn as a mule, and there's a good chance he's going to get way over his head in trouble.:smalltongue:

Hmmmm... I'm sure a good thwack with the hand to the back of his head will suffice.

Creed
2011-01-25, 08:21 PM
Hey one of my people is a summoner! =D But he's young so he isn't very good.

Summoner as in Square Enix style, or summoner as in "Trade you my soul for power", "Kthx"?
Either way, your character may become Raistlin's Exicalflowne's protege.

Maxios
2011-01-25, 08:22 PM
The threads for Padros and Xor are up!
The character registry is up as well :smallcool::smallbiggrin:

Viera Champion
2011-01-25, 08:24 PM
Summoner as in Square Enix style, or summoner as in "Trade you my soul for power", "Kthx"?

Viera Summoner mixed with Red Mage's Double Cast in FFTA is amazing. So yeah, Square Enix Sunmoner.

@Maxios: Can I make a thread for the desert?

Viera Champion
2011-01-25, 08:37 PM

I start posting when you do.:smallsmile:

They can meet in Padros. I was about to post Kyle as being in an inn there.

Creed
2011-01-25, 08:38 PM
I start posting when you do.:smallsmile:

They can meet in Padros. I was about to post Kyle as being in an inn there.

All right. Padros will be the meeting spot.

Viera Champion
2011-01-25, 08:40 PM
All right. Padros will be the meeting spot.

Or if there is another place that makes more sense, tell me.:smallsmile:

Creed
2011-01-25, 08:44 PM
Or if there is another place that makes more sense, tell me.:smallsmile:

Cal (darn you GG! WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!) is in Xor, but magic brooms magic makes countries and borders essentially webpages that you can open in your browser in a few minutes. A few minutes, y'know, cause you have dial-up. This IS fantasy middle ages, y'know.

Viera Champion
2011-01-25, 08:48 PM
Cal (darn you GG! WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!) is in Xor, but magic brooms magic makes countries and borders essentially webpages that you can open in your browser in a few minutes. A few minutes, y'know, cause you have dial-up. This IS fantasy middle ages, y'know.

Okay, I'm gonna post in Padros now, but you can post whenever. The sooner the better.:smallcool:

Gimliggamer
2011-01-25, 08:49 PM
Cal (darn you GG! WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!) is in Xor, but magic brooms magic makes countries and borders essentially webpages that you can open in your browser in a few minutes. A few minutes, y'know, cause you have dial-up. This IS fantasy middle ages, y'know.I'm totally not anywhere nearby....:smallcool:

Creed
2011-01-25, 08:51 PM
I'm totally not anywhere nearby....:smallcool:

BLADEZZ! I CAN STILL SEE YOU!!!
"Funny story. I just got a 24 hour ban":smalltongue:

Maxios
2011-01-25, 08:51 PM
To Lil Shiro: Yeah, you can start a thread for the desert :smallsmile:

Viera Champion
2011-01-25, 09:17 PM
Lalala...

Ok, so the Desert thread is up, I posted in Padros for Creed, that means I'm just waiting for ThirdEmperor to post his character somewhere so I can RP my bodyguard.

Creed
2011-01-25, 09:19 PM
Lalala...

Ok, so the Desert thread is up, I posted in Padros for Creed, that means I'm just waiting for ThirdEmperor to post his character somewhere so I can RP my bodyguard.

Done mah parts!:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-25, 09:22 PM
And I've posted for Aldern.

Viera Champion
2011-01-25, 09:22 PM
I just realized, his name is Kyle Grimiore, not Kyle Grimour. I've been spelling it wrong the whole time. His last name is actually Grimiore like the magical book.

Creed
2011-01-25, 09:25 PM
I just realized, his name is Kyle Grimiore, not Kyle Grimour. I've been spelling it wrong the whole time. His last name is actually Grimiore like the magical book.

FIGURED
:smalltongue:

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-26, 06:57 PM
Hmmm...character idea going...

Would a winged woman be acceptable?

Also, wondering if she could lead some kind of rogues group living in the woods. Something like that.

Maxios
2011-01-26, 06:59 PM
Hmmm...character idea going...

Would a winged woman be acceptable?

Also, wondering if she could lead some kind of rogues group living in the woods. Something like that.

That would work :smallsmile:

And also: Dracula does exist in Mythos, reigning as the current lord of the Unded (the last one, a lich, was turned to stone)

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-26, 07:25 PM
Awesome. Should get a character up by tonight.

Here she is!

AJ

Name: Alice Johnson, but goes by AJ
Race: Avian-human

Looks: For the most part, AJ looks like a normal woman of her age. Her brown hair is cut just above her shoulders, and kind of flares out towards the end. Her eyes are a deep green color. She stands at 6'2", making her presence a little bit ominous. She tends to wear khaki colored pants with many pockets, dark brown boots, and a small, white top that is backless, held around her neck and back by just some string. She has a tattoo of a single black line that starts at her right forearm, spirals up to her shoulder, goes across her chest, around her torso, down her left thigh, and ends at the back of her left calf.

The part about her that draws the most attention is the pair of dark brown wings sprouting from her back. To those who know such things, they look like eagle wings. She isn't exactly sure how she got them. She just knows that she's had them for as long as she can remember.

Abilities: With her wings, AJ is able to fly. She can take off from a standstill, or a run. The max height she has gone is about a half-mile up, though she thinks she can go higher. She can stay up for at least an hour before she has to give her wings a rest. She has gotten the hang of riding air currents, making long distance travel easier. She can kind of hover, enough to stop at a spot and look around her, at least.

She has spent time learning various weapons, honing her skills. She is very capable with most weapons. Blades are her forte, though. Especially short swords and daggers. She usually keeps a dagger with her at all times.

Her eyesight is definitely better than a normal human's. And, even with her wings potentially getting in the way, she is fairly skilled at sneaking around quietly.

Personality: AJ is hot tempered, stubborn, and has an iron will. If she thinks a certain way, it takes a lot to change her mind. She is very loyal to her group, and will do all she can to protect them. She's not too fond of outsiders, as those tend to be the troublemakers in her eyes.

Backstory: AJ doesn't remember a whole lot about her life before she was thirteen. And she isn't really bothered by that. The way she figures, she's still alive, so nothing too bad could've happened.

Her earliest memories are of living with a man in the woods north of Pardos. The man was named Lork, and he lead a group of people who called them selves "The Wolverines". They took it upon themselves to patrol and protect the forest. They would help travelers in danger, or fight poachers, or other such things.

When she was nineteen, Lork, having thought of her as a daughter by this point, named her his successor. A week later, he died during a battle. AJ took it hard, and disappeared for two years. While she was gone, the Wolverines had decided on a new leader. When AJ finally returned, many of the members who knew her could tell that she had changed. Some questioned her right to resume leadership. She responded by kicking them out.

Since taking over, the Wolverines have become a little more defensive of their area. And a little more vicious in their attacks. Still, they don't attack any place outside of their area. Ever.

Falgorn
2011-01-26, 08:45 PM
Mmkay, last idea before i post a character. Sapient animal?

Maxios
2011-01-26, 10:20 PM
To Keruffle: Your character looks good

To Falgorn: That's a good character idea

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-26, 11:03 PM
Should any stuff done in those woods be in the Pardos thread?

Also, to anybody passing through those woods to or from Pardos, beware possible Wolverines attacks.

Creed
2011-01-27, 07:21 PM
THE SAD PART:
Hey Maxios.
I. Was. Not. Joking.

I half expected the Prince of Persia switch (y'know, with Exicalflowne being coerced by his king into marrying the Maiden, which would have been best lol ever when Exicalflowne would have countered, "It can be a double wedding. I'll go tell Samantha for you.")

THE FUNNY PART:
Or. Was. I?

Gimliggamer
2011-01-27, 09:17 PM
Samantha and Maxios? Eww........:smalltongue:

Creed
2011-01-27, 09:20 PM
Samantha and Maxios? Eww........:smalltongue:

It was completely founded when she was the only female!!!:smalltongue:

Gimliggamer
2011-01-27, 09:22 PM
It was completely founded when she was the only female!!!:smalltongue:Still.......Eww.....

Creed
2011-01-27, 09:26 PM
Still.......Eww.....

Theory at the time:

Girl+Guy=<3
Guy+Guy=?!?
Girl+Nothing=?!?!?!
Main Character=Male
Game : + Female
LOVE INTREST.

In conclusion
Samantha + Cal = :eek:

Gimliggamer
2011-01-27, 09:29 PM
My thoughts:

Theory at the time:
Main Character=Male
Game : + Female
LOVE INTREST.:yuk:

In conclusion
Samantha + Cal = :eek::amused:

Creed
2011-01-27, 09:32 PM
"Don't patronize me.":smallannoyed:

Gawd, CHB has turned me into a shipping monster...

Gimliggamer
2011-01-27, 09:34 PM
"I'll patronize you if I want to Cal.:smalltongue:

Jason + Alexis= <3
Jason + Mark=:smallamused:

lol shipping.

Creed
2011-01-27, 09:36 PM
"I'll patronize you if I want to Cal.:smalltongue:

Jason + Alexis= <3
Jason + Mark=:smallamused:

lol shipping.

OHMAHGAWDNOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Yes ma'am.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-27, 09:53 PM
OHMAHGAWDNOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Yes ma'am."Now go make me a sammich."

:smallamused::smalltongue:

Maxios
2011-01-29, 12:17 PM
Now Shiro has two bodyguard characters :smalleek::smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 12:44 PM
Now Shiro has two bodyguard characters :smalleek::smalltongue:

BWAHAHAHA! And both of them are ready to kill their employers at any moment.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 01:21 PM
BWAHAHAHA! And both of them are ready to kill their employers at any moment.

Who'd kill Maxios? He's so sweet and innocent :smalltongue:
Oddly enough, another character of mine named Maxios who's in another FFRP has been killed several times alreadu

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-29, 01:35 PM
Guys, could we please stop the shipping now before someone mentions *shudders* Aldern + Akilo. I'd rather not have to use brain bleach.

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 01:45 PM
Who'd kill Maxios? He's so sweet and innocent :smalltongue:
Oddly enough, another character of mine named Maxios who's in another FFRP has been killed several times alreadu

Well she wouldn't actually kill him, but she might think about it.

You really shouldn't mention any homosexual shipping ideas around me because THEY WILL HAPPEN. I will let you off just this once.

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 01:47 PM
See, you are already filling my head with dirty shipping ideas.

Akilo could think of only one way to shut Aldern up.:smallamused:

Maxios
2011-01-29, 01:49 PM

Have an internet :smallamused:
But in all seriousness, why would she think of killing Maxios!?!?? :smalleek:

Mina Kobold
2011-01-29, 01:52 PM
Hey guys! Sorry I forgot to make my characters!

What's happened so far except shipping? Just by that I can hear I shouldn't have forgotten this at all. :smalltongue:

Maxios
2011-01-29, 01:53 PM
Hey guys! Sorry I forgot to make my characters!

What's happened so far except shipping? Just by that I can hear I shouldn't have forgotten this at all. :smalltongue:

The Maiden's been captured, jokes have been made that Maxios could marry her, and an army is marching to the capitol of Xor

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 01:58 PM
The Maiden's been captured, jokes have been made that Maxios could marry her, and an army is marching to the capitol of Xor

Well Maxios is convinced they are jokes, I'm quite determined to make sure it happens.:smallamused:

She really wouldn't want to kill Maxios. I was kidding.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-29, 02:39 PM

What have I done?:smalleek:

Maxios
2011-01-29, 06:02 PM
TE: You have unleashed...the monster :smallsigh::smalleek:

Also: The Maiden would have to drag Maxios, kicking and screaming, to the wedding. Granted, a Maxios never shuts up, so he'd be screaming if he's there through his own free will :smallcool:

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 06:27 PM
TE: You have unleashed...the monster :smallsigh::smalleek:

Also: The Maiden would have to drag Maxios, kicking and screaming, to the wedding. Granted, a Maxios never shuts up, so he'd be screaming if he's there through his own free will :smallcool:

Unfortunately for Maxios, dragging her husband kicking and screaming IS HER DREAM WEDDING.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 07:01 PM
Unfortunately for Maxios, dragging her husband kicking and screaming IS HER DREAM WEDDING.

Maxios is so screwed :smalleek:

Creed
2011-01-29, 07:06 PM

POOR CHOICE OF WORDS!!!:smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 07:16 PM
POOR CHOICE OF WORDS!!!:smalltongue:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-29, 07:21 PM
I love this thread.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 07:26 PM
Best. OOC. EVER :smallbiggrin:

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 07:27 PM

It's funny cuz it's true. Now imagine them if they had kids.

Also, THEY WILL BE MARRIED! Pretty pleassseeeeee...:smallfrown:

Creed
2011-01-29, 07:28 PM

Agreed. :smallbiggrin:

Maxios
2011-01-29, 07:30 PM
It's funny cuz it's true. Now imagine them if they had kids.

Also, THEY WILL BE MARRIED! Pretty pleassseeeeee...:smallfrown:

Unless Maxios can trick Excaliflowne into marrying her :smallcool:

And he's very good at tricking people

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 07:33 PM
Unless Maxios can trick Excaliflowne into marrying her :smallcool:

And he's very good at tricking people

Yeah, but Excaliflowne now has a tricky little streetboy on his team.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 07:34 PM
Yeah, but Excaliflowne now has a tricky little streetboy on his team.

Maxios is the king. He can legally force Excaliflowne to marry her. Of course, he doesn't realize that, but he could

Creed
2011-01-29, 07:40 PM
Maxios is the king. He can legally force Excaliflowne to marry her. Of course, he doesn't realize that, but he could

That would be a funny/scary way out for Maxios.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 08:05 PM
That would be a funny/scary way out for Maxios.

Indeed :smalltongue::smallcool:

Creed
2011-01-29, 08:16 PM
Indeed :smalltongue::smallcool:

I would laugh my a** off, so if you want to, go ahead.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 08:18 PM
I would laugh my a** off, so if you want to, go ahead.

Of course, Excaliflowne would probably pull the "Double Wedding" trick mentioned earlier, so that wouldn't work

Creed
2011-01-29, 08:23 PM
Of course, Excaliflowne would probably pull the "Double Wedding" trick mentioned earlier, so that wouldn't work

He'd suggest it, but Maxios would be in no position to have to accept. He IS the king of course.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 08:26 PM
Maxios would accept it, feeling bad for tricking Excaliflowne.

Of course, that's just one of the possiblities

Creed
2011-01-29, 08:31 PM

Of course, that's just one of the possiblities

Maxios needs to learn the fine art of exploitation.

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 08:35 PM
Or Maxios and Felicia could get married in a double marriage with Excaliflowne and Samantha.=D

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-29, 08:37 PM
While Aldern makes a point of avoiding Akilo for the entire day.:smalltongue:

Creed
2011-01-29, 08:38 PM
Or Maxios and Felicia could get married in a double marriage with Excaliflowne and Samantha.=D

SHHH!:smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 09:00 PM
While Aldern makes a point of avoiding Akilo for the entire day.:smalltongue:

TRIPLE MARRIAGE!

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-29, 09:15 PM
TRIPLE MARRIAGE!

Is this a Marriage Combo?

Gimliggamer
2011-01-30, 01:33 AM

Of course, that's just one of the possiblitiesAnd then Samantha would force Maxios not to accept, under threat of death......

Mina Kobold
2011-01-30, 04:20 AM
Hammer Character Time!

I hope it's OK. :smallsmile:

Name: Thekk
Race: Humanoid
Physical Description: [Picture to come, eventually]

Thekk is a very tall humanoid with a hood covering most of it's face and a blood-red eye staring out from the shadows, a large blood-stained sword and iron boots and a rather... unnatural right arm.
Upon further examination what little can be seen of their face appears quite friendly with laughter in the one eye that is visible behind hair and hood and a careless and relaxed walk. Even the unnatural arm is just an iron-reinforced wooden prosthetic at closer look.
Makes you wonder how they could look so mean from the distance.
Equipment: prosthetic arm doubling as magical implement, ridiculously big sword, no seriously it's big, metal boots, a cloak, a dozen small throwing daggers, various spices and rations, Cuisine and Culture thorough the Continent (Not a Spellbook), The Complete Ornithological guide to Xor (Totally a spellbook) and a fancy flint'n'steel set.
Background: Not much is known except that it was involved in the overthrowing of a coven of mad wizards experimenting on a remote village and possibly also in fighting demons. But it's mostly rumours and their credibility range from plausible like being a renegade soldier of sorts to downright laughable like being taught magic by talking three-horned bears.

emi-chan
2011-01-30, 04:32 AM
Any way to weave my character into what's going on here? Sorry I missed the commenting yesterday, was at larp and too tired to do anything but de-armour and sleep. :)

Maxios
2011-01-30, 12:23 PM
GG: Of course she would :smallcool:
Keveak: Your character looks fine. Post in the Character Registry thread, please :smallsmile:
Emi-Chan: Many ways. Your character could go see the King, discover the army marching through the kingdom, etc :smallsmile:

Gimliggamer
2011-01-30, 10:59 PM
"For the love of the gods! I DID NOT GET MARRIED!" Maxios says angrily. "The next person who says I did will get thrown in the Dungeon!" Felicia should totally make the joke next....>.>

Maxios
2011-01-30, 11:00 PM
Felicia should totally make the joke next....>.>

That would be very ironic :smallcool:

Mina Kobold
2011-01-31, 11:33 AM
Keveak: Your character looks fine. Post in the Character Registry thread, please :smallsmile:

Did so, slept and is now unsure what to do.

Where in Xor is everybody and what are they doing?

For that matter, anything else Thekk could or should have heard about while in Xor?

Maxios
2011-01-31, 12:00 PM
Did so, slept and is now unsure what to do.

Where in Xor is everybody and what are they doing?

For that matter, anything else Thekk could or should have heard about while in Xor?

There's an army matching toward Xor's capitol. Everyone is currently at the City Walls arguing about the king's...marital status :smallcool:

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-31, 05:23 PM
There's an army matching toward Xor's capitol. Everyone is currently at the City Walls arguing about the king's...marital status :smallcool:

Well...not everybody. Haven't actually gotten to introducing my character yet.

I think the best way would be a couple people going through "her turf". And her group popping out and attacking.

Maybe?

Maxios
2011-01-31, 06:04 PM
Well...not everybody. Haven't actually gotten to introducing my character yet.

I think the best way would be a couple people going through "her turf". And her group popping out and attacking.

Maybe?

Good idea :smallcool:

Viera Champion
2011-01-31, 08:23 PM
I really hope your lack of posting doesn't mean you're deadtiming.

Mina Kobold
2011-02-05, 05:13 PM
Hey guys!

Is there a canon reason the invaders are invading?

If not then I vote it's something morally ambiguous, like they are former allies of an enemy of Xor and as such trade rutes and access to vital resources when that kingdom went down and Xor consumed it.

But you guys could probably think of a better reason. :smallsmile:

Viera Champion
2011-02-05, 05:17 PM
Hey guys!

Is there a canon reason the invaders are invading?

If not then I vote it's something morally ambiguous, like they are former allies of an enemy of Xor and as such trade rutes and access to vital resources when that kingdom went down and Xor consumed it.

But you guys could probably think of a better reason. :smallsmile:

No I couldn't. I suck when it comes to making plots.

Mina Kobold
2011-02-05, 05:21 PM
No I couldn't. I suck when it comes to making plots.

I sure hope I don't.

Would be a slight problem when I poke my lazy self enough to make a fancomic. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Did Maxios just ignore and arrow to the knee (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnnoyingArrows) and kill 8 people in one hit?

Wait (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BFS) a (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedEyesTakeWarning)* minute (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedRightHand), this (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BadassLongcoat) will (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicKnight) be (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InTheHood) fun (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool). >:3 (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CheshireCatGrin)

So can I just have Thekk toss around people from both sides for a short time? It'll join Xor eventually but I really want to do the "Who'se side am I on?" joke at least once. :smalltongue:

*Or is it This (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KindRedEyes)? :smalltongue:

Maxios
2011-02-06, 08:04 PM
Felicia should appear in the Nexus just to see what happens if she meets that FFRP's Maxios :smallcool:

Viera Champion
2011-02-06, 08:08 PM
Felicia should appear in the Nexus just to see what happens if she meets that FFRP's Maxios :smallcool:

Oh my goodness she totally should. I want her to own a power ring, but not one that she acquired from an organization, one she already owned. What color should it be?

Maxios
2011-02-06, 08:08 PM
Oh my goodness she totally should. I want her to own a power ring, but not one that she acquired from an organization, one she already owned. What color should it be?

Either Green or Violet or Indigo

Viera Champion
2011-02-06, 08:21 PM
Violet is lust right?

Maxios
2011-02-06, 08:24 PM
Violet is lust right?

Yup. It's also love

Viera Champion
2011-02-06, 08:41 PM
Yup. It's also love

Okay violet it is. You know you really shouldn't give me ideas to torture your characters with.

Maxios
2011-02-06, 08:43 PM
Okay violet it is. You know you really shouldn't give me ideas to torture your characters with.

She should track down Maxios and help him win the fight against Magtok and Riv and -wait, you said no ideas :smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2011-02-06, 08:49 PM
She should track down Maxios and help him win the fight against Magtok and Riv and -wait, you said no ideas :smalltongue:

Ah! I see! We will use meta-gaming tactics so that she already knows Maxios in this world.:smallsmile:

Maxios
2011-02-06, 08:50 PM
Ah! I see! We will use meta-gaming tactics so that she already knows Maxios in this world.:smallsmile:

Actually, it would be more she knows him. And Maxios, being an alternate version of the Mythos one, would have no idea :smallcool:

Viera Champion
2011-02-06, 08:52 PM
Actually, it would be more she knows him. And Maxios, being an alternate version of the Mythos one, would have no idea :smallcool:

Do you really want her to come help Maxios though? Cuz I can do that.

Maxios
2011-02-06, 08:53 PM
Do you really want her to come help Maxios though? Cuz I can do that.

That would be very interesting if that's what happens. It's your call :smallcool:

Gimliggamer
2011-02-06, 09:27 PM
Seven arrows slamming into your chest is not something you shrug off. Just sayin....

Creed
2011-02-06, 10:27 PM
Seven arrows slamming into your chest is not something you shrug off. Just sayin....

It is in Final Fantasy.:smalltongue:

Gimliggamer
2011-02-06, 10:49 PM
It is in Final Fantasy.:smalltongue:
Boromir must wish he is in Final Fantasy then.....

Creed
2011-02-06, 10:57 PM
Boromir must wish he is in Final Fantasy then.....

How many did he get? 3 and a teabag for good measure?:smalltongue:

Gimliggamer
2011-02-06, 11:00 PM

How many did he get? 3 and a teabag for good measure?:smalltongue:3 and a kiss to the forehead once Aragorn 1-ups him and kills Lurtz. I've kinda owned all the games, books, and movies since the age of four. and posters. And action figures. And many other assorted items.

Creed
2011-02-06, 11:06 PM
I once almost bought a full-metal Uruk-Kai(?) helmet.:smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2011-02-07, 06:22 AM
Reposting because I didn't get an answer and is very impatient:

EDIT: Did Maxios just ignore and arrow to the knee (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnnoyingArrows) and kill 8 people in one hit?

Wait (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BFS) a (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedEyesTakeWarning)* minute (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedRightHand), this (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BadassLongcoat) will (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicKnight) be (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InTheHood) fun (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool). >:3 (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CheshireCatGrin)

So can I just have Thekk toss around people from both sides for a short time? It'll join Xor eventually but I really want to do the "Who'se side am I on?" joke at least once. :smalltongue:

*Or is it This (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KindRedEyes)? :smalltongue:

Can I? Pleeeaase? Pwetty please with curry on top? Ó.Ò *Puppy eyes*

Viera Champion
2011-02-07, 06:27 AM
Reposting because I didn't get an answer and is very impatient:

Can I? Pleeeaase? Pwetty please with curry on top? Ó.Ò *Puppy eyes*

It's your character, he can attack whatever you want him to. That doesn't mean his attacks will necessarily be successful but still... I mean Felecia started out as the Desert Maiden. She would kill any troops who entered the desert, including Xor's troops, and she would kill anyone who tried to take anything more than sand from the desert. And now look, she's gonna be queen of Xor.

Maxios
2011-03-02, 10:05 PM
*Casts Resurrect Thread*

Mina Kobold
2011-03-03, 11:55 AM
* Thunder-strike and tesla coils*

It's aliiive! It's ALIIVE! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnwIIKnWJtg&feature=related)

We are waiting on Gimliggamer and his barbarians, aren't we?

If he doesn't show up, could you PM him? :smallsmile:

Maxios
2011-03-03, 04:22 PM
* Thunder-strike and tesla coils*

It's aliiive! It's ALIIVE! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnwIIKnWJtg&feature=related)

We are waiting on Gimliggamer and his barbarians, aren't we?

If he doesn't show up, could you PM him? :smallsmile:

Of course I could :smallsmile:

Gimliggamer
2011-03-03, 07:47 PM
Or, you know, you couldn't.

Maxios
2011-03-15, 03:37 PM
*Pokes GG to Xor thread*