PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Actual Play RP podcasts

Stryke
2011-01-20, 02:34 PM
exactly what it says in the title, i'm looking for podcasts following a group of gamers actually playing.

Maxios
2011-01-20, 02:37 PM
Try PvP, or penny arcade :smallsmile:

Stryke
2011-01-20, 02:47 PM
do you mean the one they did with wizards, yeah i've already been through that one its what made me want to listen to some other ones

Dornath
2011-01-20, 04:10 PM
Major Spoilers, which is a comic book and pop culture podcast has been doing a D&D podcast for a while now, up to 80 episodes last I checked. Podcast is called Critical Hit. Look for it on iTunes... It's pretty good.

olthar
2011-01-20, 04:39 PM
i listen to RPPR actual play. I don't actually enjoy their D&D game that much, but they plays lots of different game systems, many of which are more fun.

Fallbot
2011-01-20, 04:55 PM
One of the lets play threads over at Something Awful is doing a recording of their games along with a video feed from maptool or whatever equivalent they're using. I haven't actually listened to it, so I cant vouch for quality. Not going to link to it here cause you know, it's Something Awful and there's bound to be something...well awful in the thread, but googling it brings it up easily enough. Hope that helps.

Pink
2011-01-20, 05:42 PM
www.rpgmp3.com

Several group contribute to it, ranging from several different systems and playstyles. Even my gaming group contributes to it. Hundreds of recorded sessions.

Nigel the Hobo
2011-01-20, 05:51 PM
I know of two, but they're both 4e. The aforementioned Critical Hit Podcast, by Major Spoilers, and Icosahedrophilia. I listen to both of them. Critical Hit has a party of 4 and the DM, with clear audio and has a nice plot. Icosahedrophilia is a larger group, and sometimes its hard to hear because they use one central mic, but they move through combat a bit quicker with more fluid character turns. They are both great podcast. I have yet to find a 3.5/pathfinder cast.

Poil
2011-01-20, 06:18 PM
One of the lets play threads over at Something Awful is doing a recording of their games along with a video feed from maptool or whatever equivalent they're using. I haven't actually listened to it, so I cant vouch for quality. Not going to link to it here cause you know, it's Something Awful and there's bound to be something...well awful in the thread, but googling it brings it up easily enough. Hope that helps.

There aren't enough words to describe how awesome and hilarious it is. They have done lots of pod casts too. :smallbiggrin:

Eh, there's really nothing worse in it than what's in Order of The Stick so it should be fine.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3273056

Re'ozul
2011-01-20, 06:30 PM
The gamers haven podcast actual plays?

LordShotGun
2011-01-20, 06:59 PM
http://nerdyshow.com/dungeons-doritos/

Very funny and if you have ever read or heard of 8-bit theater then Brian, the guy who wrote it, plays in this group. It is 4th edition for the first 4 episodes but they then get a new DM who uses a his own rule set found here http://sagasrpg.com/general-information

The shows are bogged down with some excessive music breaks but it is good nerdy gaming music and later episodes get rid of most but not all of the music.

Kuma Kode
2011-01-20, 07:27 PM
I have nothing meaningful to contribute to the thread, except that I had no idea such a thing was... a thing. I didn't know there was any kind of demand for listening to other people's sessions... since my group records our sessions with our computers, and we're going to be starting a new campaign, I'll talk with my group and maybe we can start contributing to something like this.