PDA

View Full Version : 4[e] Symbol of Brawn

Arillius
2011-01-20, 02:37 PM
So I have a low level paladin in a 4[e] campaign, and I found the symbol of brawn. Now the only attack I have which is an implement attack, i.e. the only attack I could combine with this, is an encounter power I believe called Call to arms. Primary attack cha vs will pulls target to you, secondary attack 2[W] strike. With this item I could make the encounter power as strong as a daily, or pretty close to one, adding another attack with 1[w] plus 1d10 when marked as a free action.

Its all great and all, but the problem is whether or not the call to arms effect, pulling the target to you, happens before or after the Symbol of Brawn can be used. The daily on this thing can be activated when an implement attack hits an opponent. So which becomes resolved first?

Sipex
2011-01-20, 02:42 PM
So I have a low level paladin in a 4[e] campaign, and I found the symbol of brawn. Now the only attack I have which is an implement attack, i.e. the only attack I could combine with this, is an encounter power I believe called Call to arms. Primary attack cha vs will pulls target to you, secondary attack 2[W] strike. With this item I could make the encounter power as strong as a daily, or pretty close to one, adding another attack with 1[w] plus 1d10 when marked as a free action.

Its all great and all, but the problem is whether or not the call to arms effect, pulling the target to you, happens before or after the Symbol of Brawn can be used. The daily on this thing can be activated when an implement attack hits an opponent. So which becomes resolved first?

It happens as soon as your attack roll is resolved (ie: As soon as you figure out if your attack roll beats the monster's will). I don't have the exact wording on the implement or power so I can't tell you more.

Sipex
2011-01-20, 03:49 PM
Does the ability trigger only on damage though? IE: Can you apply the 1[W] to a non-damaging hit? We need the powers spelt out (and the item, in full) in order to judge exactly when (and if) this would apply.

Kurald Galain
2011-01-20, 04:02 PM

You don't have to use it on the first hit, so you can use it on the second hit.

Sipex
2011-01-20, 04:10 PM
There you go, Kurald usually knows his stuff.

Arillius
2011-01-21, 07:03 PM
It can be used off implement attacks, i think. You mean that I can use when I choose during my turn after the trigger?

Free Action. Trigger. You hit with a divine attack power using this holy symbol. Effect: Make a melee basic attack. If the attack hits a creature. marked by you
it deals 1d10 extra damage.