PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Scoundrel (3.5)

Dark Kerman
2011-01-20, 03:15 PM
My amigo (The great Bohannamut) found himself dissatisfyed with the prestige classes on offer for Mage/Rogue crossovers, so he made a prestige class for it, and as I will be DMing his game, I would just like second opinions regarding (what I consider to be) a very good prestige. :)

Arcane Scoundrel

An arcane scoundrel uses their combination of arcane spells and roguish cunning to flit about the battlefield, taking potshots at the enemy and keeping out of harm’s way. They often use their spellcasting abilities to enhance their ranged combat prowess whilst keeping them protected.

Requirements:

Knowledge (Arcana): 7 ranks

Spellcraft: 7 ranks

Hide: 7 ranks

Spells: Able to cast 3rd level arcane spells

Special: Must have evasion as a class feature

Class Skills: (Skillpoints: 6+int modifier) Bluff, Craft, Concentration, Decipher Script, Disguise, Hide, Knowledge (Any), Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Tumble

Hit Dice: d6

Spells Per Day: When a new arcane scoundrel level is gained, the character gains new spells per day as if he had also gained a level in any one arcane spell casting class he belonged to before he added the prestige class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (bonus metamagic or item creation feats, bard or assassin abilities, and so on).

Sneak Attack: At first level, and every 2 levels after that, the arcane scoundrel’s sneak attack bonus increases by 1d6.

Sneaky Magic: Upon entering the prestige class, the arcane scoundrel takes a vow to never willingly scribe or memorize evocation spells. Breaking this oath causes the character to gain negative levels equal to their levels of Arcane Scoundrel until the spell is removed, and they have received an atonement spell. They may still activate evocation spells from items however (such as from a wand of fireballs or a scroll).

Silent Spell: Upon gaining 2nd level, the Arcane Scoundrel gains silent spell as a bonus feat.

Practiced Shielding: Due to their reliance on shielding magic to keep them alive, a 4th level and higher arcane scoundrel gains a +1 caster level and +1 DC (where applicable) to illusion magic. At 6th level this applies to abjuration, at 8th level this bonus applies to divination magic, and at 10th level to Enchantment.

Arcane Knife: A 10th level arcane scoundrel may prepare a round before a sneak attack, to imbue his weapon with a spell to be carried over in the attack. The spell must be touch or target. For example, Lidda casts Hold Person on the dagger a round before casting. The next round on a successful sneak attack, the hold person spell affects the enemy along with the standard damage of the sneak attack.

Btw, sorry for lack of BaB table, as it wont format. :smallannoyed:

Dirac Lotus
2011-01-20, 03:40 PM
Arcane Scoundrel
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Sneak Attack +1d6, Sneaky Magic|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3|Silent Spell|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3|Sneak Attack +2d6|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Practiced Trickery|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Sneak Attack +3d6|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5|Practiced Shielding|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+5|Sneak Attack +4d6|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

8th|
+6|
+2|
+6|
+6|Practiced Scrying|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

9th|
+6|
+3|
+6|
+6|Sneak Attack +5d6|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

10th|
+7|
+3|
+7|
+7|Practised Enchanting, Arcane Knife|+1 level of existing spellcasting class [/table]

I believe this is what you're after :smalltongue: