PDA

View Full Version : So, You Want To Be A Vampire?

Pyromancer999
2011-01-20, 06:01 PM
Background- Inspired by this (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=15994&it=1&filters=0_0_0_1120).

Vampire Wanna-be

Sometimes, you just get that one person who wants to be a vampire, really bad. He/She loves these noble creatures of the night, and seeks out every opportunity to be bitten. However, some of these people, no matter how hard they try, can never, EVER get bitten by a vampire, others realize that the process could leave them the thrall of the vampire they were bitten by, while still others can't stand having the most of the weaknesses their idols have. These people draw upon their love of vampires and a few arcane rituals to give them pseudo-vampiric abilities.

Prerequisites:

Skills: Knowledge(Arcana) 5 ranks
Special: Must have personally met a vampire.This contact need not be peaceful.

Skills: Bluff, Craft, Disguise, Hide, Jump, Knowledge(arcana), Move Silently

HD: d8

Vampire Wanna-be
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Vampiric Improvement(+2 Cha or Int),Vampire's Hunger

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Vampiric Endowment

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+3|Vampiric Improvement(+2 Dex), Vampiric Endowment

4th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4| Vampiric Endowment

5th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Vampiric Improvement(+2 Str), Vampiric Endowment
[/table]

Class Features

Weapon Proficiencies: A Vampire Wanna-Be is proficient with all simple weapons.

Vampiric Improvement: At 1st level, the Vampire Wanna-Be's mind starts to become more like a vampire's, granting a +2 bonus to Charisma or Intelligence.

At 3rd level, the body follows the mind, becoming more lithe and manipulatable, granting a +2 bonus to Dexterity.

At 5th level, the strength of a Vampire is gained, granting a +2 bonus to Strength.

Vampire's Hunger: At 1st level, the Vampire Wanna-be learns how "suck out" life force like Vampires do. This class ability acts like the Vampiric Touch spell, with a few exceptions:

The Vampire Wanna-Be gains a pool of damage points equal to their class level x 5 each day
Vampire Wanna-Bes can deal as much damage as they want out of their pool, so long as they have damage points available to do so
All temporary hit points last 1 hour/ class level
The Vampire Wanna-Be can choose to regain hit points equal to 1/2 the damage dealt instead of temporary hit points

While most Vampire Wanna-Bes insist on latching onto the target with their teeth to use this ability, a few more clever Wanna-Bes simply put themselves in contact with the targets of this ability. Still, many who use this ability find it addictive, thus leading to many using this ability upon unsuspecting passerbys.

Vampiric Endowment:For all the life-sucking and improvements to one's abilities a Vampire Wanna-Be may have, what the Vampire Wanna-Be really wants are the abilities of a vampire. At 2nd level, and each level after, the Vampire Wanna-Be may choose an ability from the list below:

Demi-Vampire: The Vampire Wanna-Be may choose any one of the special attacks of the Half-Vampire template. This ability may be selected twice, although never twice in two successive levels.

Vampire's Skin:The Vampire Wanna-Be gains DR/silver or magic equal to his or her class level. This ability may be selected repeatedly, adding 1 to the DR each time.

Vampire Form: The Vampire Wanna-Be learns how to turn into one of a vampire's stereotypical forms. The Vampire Wanna-Be learns how to turn into a bat or a wolf, as a vampire. This ability can be selected again, at 5th level. In this case, the Vampire Wanna-Be learns how to turn into the dire version of the animal they selected before.

Vampire Walk: When this ability is selected, the Vampire Wanna-Be must choose between Gaseous Form or Spider Climb. The Vampire Wanna-Be can then act as though under the effect of the spell for up to 2 minutes per class level per day for Gaseous Form, and 10 minutes per class level per day for Spider Climb. This ability must be spent in 1 minute increments.

Vampire's Resilience:As Warlock's Resilience, but you gain Fast Healing equal to your class level -1. Treat your warlock level as your class level.

Vampire's Following: Whenever the Vampire Wanna-Be reduces a creature to -10 hit points or less with their Vampire's Hunger class feature, they may raise the dead creature as a Vampire Spawn of its HD under their control, albeit with no special attacks, only one special quality(cannot select Spider Climb or Gaseous Form), and one Vampire Spawn feat per two class levels. The Vampire Wanna-Be can only control a number of HD of these Vampire Spawn equal to twice their class level. These count towards the limit of undead that a spellcaster can control.

I'm A Vampire!.....Sorta: (Prerequisite: 5th level of this prestige class)
For a number of rounds per day equal to the Vampire Wanna-Be's class level, the Vampire Wanna-Be may enjoy the benefits and weaknesses of the Vampire template for a number of rounds equal to the Vampire Wanna-Be's class level.

Well, that's all for now. Please PEACH!

Blynkibrax
2011-01-20, 06:18 PM
Heh, funny thing, I'm actually watching this old episode of Are You Afraid Of The Dark? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PQ5C0SPJoc), right now... :smalltongue:

Pyromancer999
2011-01-20, 07:20 PM
Heh, funny thing, I'm actually watching this old episode of Are You Afraid Of The Dark? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PQ5C0SPJoc), right now... :smalltongue:

Cool, I guess. Still, didn't find out how it relates to the PrC because it scared the heck out of me three seconds after it started. :smalleek:

Loki_42
2011-01-20, 09:16 PM
Heh, neat. If I remember correctly, they had a template like this in the Munchkin Monster Manual. I think it was immune to decapitation and impalements.

Pyromancer999
2011-01-20, 09:39 PM
Heh, neat. If I remember correctly, they had a template like this in the Munchkin Monster Manual. I think it was immune to decapitation and impalements.

I knew I forgot to look at something Munchkin! Maybe I'll take a look at it later and see if it has any good ideas for this PrC.

Pyromancer999
2011-01-22, 09:39 AM
Um, any more comments/PEACHing?