PDA

View Full Version : Summoning Invocations

Kuma Kode
2011-01-20, 06:58 PM
Do they exist? And if so, where? Primarily I was looking for official ones, but homebrewed ones are acceptable.

I'm not looking for power or cheese. I don't care if they summon suck elementals whose only powers are Suck (Ex) and Fail (Sp). I was wanting to make my own summoning-based invoker and if there are official invocations I can base it on, that would be great.

I don't think they exist, though.

Psyren
2011-01-20, 07:07 PM
Summon Swarm and the Dead Walk are in CArc, those should give you an idea.

sonofzeal
2011-01-20, 07:24 PM
Summon Swarm is devastating at low levels, when few if any enemies have the ability to cope against them.

I'd also look into the Binder if I were you. The "Zceryll (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070718)" Vestige gets pretty much at-will summoning (every 5 rounds, but that's the only limit). Depending on your concept, that might fit far more accurately.

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-20, 07:49 PM
I'm sure it's not very helpful, but I feel I may as well mention the Steal Summoning invocation in Complete Mage.

JeminiZero
2011-01-20, 08:25 PM
And as a Warlock you can always UMD wands. Standard Summon Monster 1/2 in this case would have too short a duration, unless you get high level 3/4 wands, in which case it quickly gets overly expensive.

So I would probably just get a couple of Eternal Wands of Mount. They are individually cheap, casts 2x per day, each time giving you a horse for 2 hours. They can't really fight, but you can ride them or send them ahead to trigger traps.