PDA

View Full Version : Prismattic Spells

tigerusthegreat
2011-01-20, 07:31 PM
I'm looking for some flavor spells that revolve around prismatic effects. I know the obvious ones (prismatic spray, wall, sphere, etc), but I'm looking for others, mainly to fill out spell levels 1-5. Any ideas?

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-20, 07:34 PM
Color Spray, Rainbow Blast, Rainbow Beam...

sonofzeal
2011-01-20, 07:36 PM
Prismatic Eye (F)
Sor/Wiz 6
General
Orb produces individual prismatic rays as touch attacks.

Prismatic Ray
Sor/Wiz 5, Wmg 5
General
Blind target with 6 HD or less and deal random effect.

Prismatic Sphere
See text - See text Artifice 9, Family 9, Protection 9, Sor/Wiz 9, Sun 9, Wmg 9 V
10 min./level (D) 10 ft. General
As prismatic wall, but surrounds on all sides.

Prismatic Spray
See text - Yes Sor/Wiz 7, Wmg 7 V, S
Instant 60 ft. General
Rays hit subjects with variety of effects.

Prismatic Wall
See text - See text Sor/Wiz 8, Wmg 8 V, S
10 min./level (D) Close General
Wall’s colors have array of effects.

Rainbow Beam (M)
Sor/Wiz 2
General
Ray does a random type of damage.

Rainbow Blast (M)
Sor/Wiz 3
General
Line deals damage from each type of energy.

Rainbow Pattern
Will negates - Yes Beguiler 4, Brd 4, Sor/Wiz 4 V, S, M, F, text
Concentration + 1 round/level (D) Medium General
Lights fascinate 24 HD of creatures.

Blinding Color Surge
Beguiler 2, Sor/Wiz 2
General
Blind subject for 1 round, gain invisibility.

Color Spray
Will negates - Yes Arc 2, Beguiler 1, Duskblade 1, Shu 2, Sor/Wiz 1 V, S, M
Instant; see text 15 ft. General
Knocks unconscious, blinds, and/or stuns 1d6 weak creatures.

Mecharious
2011-01-20, 07:38 PM
Complete Mage also has Prismatic Bow, which gives you arrows that correspond to the 7 colors. I think it's a high level spell, though.

sonofzeal
2011-01-20, 07:40 PM
Complete Mage also has Prismatic Bow, which gives you arrows that correspond to the 7 colors. I think it's a high level spell, though.
It didn't come up in my search, but yes. It's an 8th level Sor/Wiz spell. The same book has Prismatic Aura, which is 6th level.

BenTheJester
2011-01-20, 07:43 PM
Not a spell, and you probably know about it, but the Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil deserves a mention.

It's a prestige class based entirely around prismatic effects

tigerusthegreat
2011-01-20, 08:02 PM
Not a spell, and you probably know about it, but the Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil deserves a mention.

It's a prestige class based entirely around prismatic effects

Yeah I'm taking that prestige class and want the spells for flavor.

Darrin
2011-01-20, 08:07 PM
Prismatic Eye
Prismatic Ray
Prismatic Sphere
Prismatic Spray
Prismatic Wall
Rainbow Beam
Rainbow Blast
Rainbow Pattern
Blinding Color Surge
Color Spray

I think you got everything except Prismatic Mist (PHBII, Sor/Wis 3).

tigerusthegreat
2011-01-20, 08:20 PM
Thanks guys, I'll fill out the rest of the slots with useful stuff and some elemental spells.

Brendan
2011-01-20, 08:25 PM
You could argue that Streamers is related to it... but that may get your dm to throw a book at you.

Alleran
2011-01-20, 09:25 PM
I think you got everything except Prismatic Mist (PHBII, Sor/Wis 3).
He missed Prismatic Deluge and Prismatic Bow. Both are in Spell Compendium, as I recall. Deluge is a 9th level slot and Bow is an 8th.

sonofzeal
2011-01-20, 09:28 PM
He missed Prismatic Deluge and Prismatic Bow. Both are in Spell Compendium, as I recall. Deluge is a 9th level slot and Bow is an 8th.
I have a search engine I use, but unfortunately it's rather spotty on later books. Still a big help though.

Moose Man
2011-01-20, 10:14 PM
Use of Rainbow Beam.

Carebearstare
--XKCD

tigerusthegreat
2011-01-20, 10:57 PM
Use of Rainbow Beam.

--XKCD

With the number of rainbow spells in my spellbook now I feel like its going to break into a rainbow bright episode.

I believe in the power of color, what can I say?

avr
2011-01-20, 11:14 PM
The prismatic spells were on the AD&D 1st ed. illusionist spell list, and you might want to look at other spells descended from those for similar fluff - hypnotic pattern, chromatic orb, etc.

Scarlet-Devil
2011-01-21, 02:37 AM
With the number of rainbow spells in my spellbook now I feel like its going to break into a rainbow bright episode.

I believe in the power of color, what can I say?

Just don't forget twin spell :smallwink:.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0D4oZwCsA&feature=channel)

Cruiser1
2011-01-21, 03:12 AM
Although it doesn't have "Prismatic" or "Rainbow" in its title, Scintillating Pattern (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/scintillatingPattern.htm) is another good high level color spell (Sor/Wiz 8), and in the PHB/SRD, described as "A twisting pattern of discordant, coruscating colors weaves through the air, affecting creatures within it."

Concerning magic items for your rainbow themed character, be sure to pick up the "Seven Veils" set of magic items from the Magic Item Compendium. Each of the 7 pieces makes you immune to one of the colors in all Prismatic spells, along with increasing your damage output in seven different ways, with additional buffs the more pieces of the set you have.

In addition to the Initiate of the Seven Fold Veil PrC from CA, you might also consider Rainbow Servant (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5213.0;wap2), a 10 level PrC from CD that gives access to all Cleric spells at its 10th level. You can pull off Sor or Wiz 1/Rainbow Servant 10/IoSFV 7 with early entry cheese, or Wiz 3/Rainbow Servant 10/IoSFV 7 with only slight optimization.

tigerusthegreat
2011-01-21, 08:39 AM
Although it doesn't have "Prismatic" or "Rainbow" in its title, Scintillating Pattern (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/scintillatingPattern.htm) is another good high level color spell (Sor/Wiz 8), and in the PHB/SRD, described as "A twisting pattern of discordant, coruscating colors weaves through the air, affecting creatures within it."

Concerning magic items for your rainbow themed character, be sure to pick up the "Seven Veils" set of magic items from the Magic Item Compendium. Each of the 7 pieces makes you immune to one of the colors in all Prismatic spells, along with increasing your damage output in seven different ways, with additional buffs the more pieces of the set you have.

In addition to the Initiate of the Seven Fold Veil PrC from CA, you might also consider Rainbow Servant (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5213.0;wap2), a 10 level PrC from CD that gives access to all Cleric spells at its 10th level. You can pull off Sor or Wiz 1/Rainbow Servant 10/IoSFV 7 with early entry cheese, or Wiz 3/Rainbow Servant 10/IoSFV 7 with only slight optimization.

Don't think that would work well, my character is evil...and the campaign requires me to be a werewolf....and I like my backstory which makes me want to be evil.