PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Combat Patrol + Scout Archetype/3.5 Scout?

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-01-20, 09:06 PM
Rogue Scout Abilities: (from D20pfsrd)

Scouts Charge: At 4th level, whenever a scout makes a charge, her attack deals sneak attack damage as if the target were flat-footed. Foes with uncanny dodge are immune to this ability.

This ability replaces uncanny dodge.

Skirmisher: At 8th level, whenever a scout moves more than 10 feet in a round and makes an attack action, the attack deals sneak attack damage as if the target was flat-footed. If the scout makes more than one attack this turn, this ability only applies to the first attack. Foes with uncanny dodge are immune to this ability.

This ability replaces improved uncanny dodge.

Combat Patrol Feat:
As a full-round action, you may set up a combat patrol, increasing your threatened area by 5 feet for every 5 points of your base attack bonus. Until the beginning of your next turn, you may make attacks of opportunity against any opponent in this threatened area that provokes attacks of opportunity. You may move as part of these attacks, provided your total movement before your next turn does not exceed your speed. Any movement you make provokes attacks of opportunity as normal.

Questions:
1.) If I moved at least 10 ft (as per the Skirmish ability) on my turn, do the AoO Combat Patrol grant me get the Sneak Attack damage?

2.) a. Does moving in my combat patrol area to attack a target trigger the Skirmish ability, giving me Sneak Attack damage?
b. Do I have to take the shortest route to reach said target? (i.e. can I move 10ft instead of 5ft, so as to trigger the Skirmish ability?)

3.) Does my Combat Patrol area move with me, or does it stay where I triggered it? ( i.e. is the combat patrol area always centered on me?)

4.) if I can't get Sneak Attack damage like this via the Scout Archetype, can I with the actual Scout class? (complete Adventurer)

Siosilvar
2011-01-20, 09:40 PM
Questions:
1.) If I moved at least 10 ft (as per the Skirmish ability) on my turn, do the AoO Combat Patrol grant me get the Sneak Attack damage?

2.) a. Does moving in my combat patrol area to attack a target trigger the Skirmish ability, giving me Sneak Attack damage?
b. Do I have to take the shortest route to reach said target? (i.e. can I move 10ft instead of 5ft, so as to trigger the Skirmish ability?)

3.) Does my Combat Patrol area move with me, or does it stay where I triggered it? ( i.e. is the combat patrol area always centered on me?)

4.) if I can't get Sneak Attack damage like this via the Scout Archetype, can I with the actual Scout class? (complete Adventurer)

1) It should, as long as an AoO counts as an attack action. Only your first attack of opportunity should get the damage, though.

2a) Is it actual movement? Yes.
2b) No.

3) It stays where you set it up.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-01-20, 09:54 PM
2b.) was that a no to being forced to take the shortest route to the target, or a no to moving 10ft instead of 5ft, if I wish?

since i can only make the first AoO (in this method) a Sneak Attack, is there a way to make any/all AoO a Sneak Attack reliably, i.e. a feat or something?

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-01-20, 10:21 PM
Also, if I have already used the Skirmish ability once that round (on my turn), will I be able to use it again during an AoO? Is that still my turn? Or will I not be able to use Skirmish my next turn?

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-01-21, 04:47 AM
bump:smallbiggrin:

Rixx
2011-01-21, 02:33 PM
Keep in mind, the scout archetype specifies more than 10 ft., not at least 10 ft.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-01-22, 05:45 PM
Ah yes, that is a very good point. I didnt see that.