PDA

View Full Version : Caedlyn

planswalker
2011-01-21, 09:23 AM
Player or DM only. All other will be stalked.

After saying that, them man gets up and leaves.

you might want to roll a spot check. Also, mind linking me to your character?

Caedlyn
2011-01-21, 07:50 PM
Quiller leans back into his chair. "Well that went about as well as can be expected."

Spot: 1d20+6

Caedlyn
2011-01-21, 07:52 PM
Well apperently that didn't work.
[roll0]
On a side note, character sheet sent by PM.

planswalker
2011-01-21, 08:50 PM
not sure what you're looking for, but there isn't much relevant hidden in the tavern.

You notice two pickpockets working their way through the crowd.

Caedlyn
2011-01-21, 08:58 PM
Wanting to keep his valuables on hand, and realizing that he had a bit of time before meeting with his new employers Quiller decides to get himself a room so he can get a bit of shut eye before midnight, as he may not get the chance later. Waving over one of the serving girls, "Who do I speak to get set up with a room."

not sure what you're looking for, but there isn't much relevant hidden in the tavern.

you might want to roll a spot check. Also, mind linking me to your character?

You asked so I made a spot check, wasn't looking for anything in particular.

planswalker
2011-01-21, 09:01 PM
"A room? We've got a couple for rent in the back. It's one gold per night, not including meals. Shall I get you a key?"

Caedlyn
2011-01-21, 09:27 PM
"Yes please, also a glass of cider if you have any" After getting his room Quiller take some time to nap, and prepare's his things before meeting with the cloaked gentleman.

planswalker
2011-01-21, 10:37 PM
The cider is one silver.

The gentleman meets you at exactly midnight.

"Now then, I actually have several tasks that need doing around town. What are your specific skills?" He asks. Although no longer in the shadowy corner of the tavern, you still cannot distinguish his features. Something about his voice is still a little off.

Caedlyn
2011-01-22, 04:26 PM
"I am a sorcerer of some small amount of skill. Primarily focusing in ray spells and striking from stealth. I also am decently skilled finding traps, disabling them though is often still beyond my abilities. In addition to this many of my spells focus on disabling targets, when non lethal solutions are preferred."

planswalker
2011-01-23, 03:50 AM
His voice seems pleased at this news. "Sounds like you're a one-person kidnapping team. How does 2,000 gold for successfully taking a merchant alive and able to be questioned at a later date sound? If you have moral qualms about kidnapping, know that he will not be killed if he cooperates, and he is known in certain circles to be helping to fund a street gang with the money it takes to get magical gear so they can cause trouble for his rivals. Oh, and you can loot his house willy-nilly while you're in it."

Caedlyn
2011-01-23, 08:07 PM
Quiller stops for a moment to consider to proposition before answering the man. "I'm In just tell me what I need to know. Location, bodyguards, schedule, if you have any info on them, and Ill get right to work."

planswalker
2011-01-23, 11:26 PM
"His house is on Wundschul Street, at the corner of Starplan. He sells leathercrafts from the countryside. He has a pair of dwarven bodyguards with him, I don't know what they can do, but they both wear banded mail. I haven't been scouting out the man's schedule and movements, that's part of what I'm paying you for. His name is Josiah Rocht.
The Town Crier

The most up to date news in the city!
<hr>
King Alben Rosen has announced the engagement of Isolde Rosen, his only child, to Archduke Wolfram Rocholl, the heir designate to Aldhaven.

<hr>
Rumors of King Alben's failing health seem to be gathering strength, though the royal family continues to deny them.

<hr>
A minor noble's home has continues to be under some sort of befuddling curse that seems resistant to normal means of removal. He's now offering a 20,000gp reward to the person or persons who can rid his home of the enchantment.

<hr>
A gnomish dignitary has recently in the city to begin negotiations of an alliance between the gnomish nation and the Kingdom of Aldhaven.

<hr>
Registration for the next semester at the Aldhaven Royal University of Scientific Esoterica begins immediately.

<hr>
Rumors have begun circulating that ancient ruins have been found buried just outside of the city walls. The farmer who owns the land is allowing people to pay a small fee to enter into them and keep whatever relics they can recover.