PDA

View Full Version : Um, hello? Where are you guys?

Leeham
2011-01-21, 02:01 PM
Where are all the metal lovin' girls? Seriously? I mean, maybe it's just where I'm from? I dunno. Good night, much love.

Zain
2011-01-21, 02:08 PM
You're in the wrong forum, you want to go to the "Media Discussion" forum

Also, here's a link to the latest metal thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181577)

grimbold
2011-01-22, 02:26 AM
zain is right
most girls dont like metal because they are crazy

RabbitHoleLost
2011-01-22, 02:30 AM
I don't know what you're talking about.
Lots of girls like metal.
Girly, symphonic metal, at the very least.

Serpentine
2011-01-22, 02:32 AM
I like some metal.
I'd like more metal if it weren't for the "singing" :smallyuk:

Butcheh, probably more luck in the Media section...

Moff Chumley
2011-01-22, 03:13 AM

Girls who like Sunn O))), Eyehategod, Crowbar, and what have you, not so much. :smalltongue:

AslanCross
2011-01-22, 03:14 AM
I actually have a handful of female students who enjoy metal.

Castaras
2011-01-22, 05:59 AM

*waves* I'm one of them! :smallbiggrin: Although I do indulge in some more power metal every now and again... but symphonic and prog metal are my greatest metal loves.

Mordokai
2011-01-22, 06:05 AM
I like some metal.

That's a sentiment I can share :smallannoyed:

Gadora
2011-01-22, 06:43 AM
I like some metal.

Butcheh, probably more luck in the Media section...That's a sentiment I can share :smallannoyed:

Agreed. It's a real shame too, because I know of a few songs that I want to like just based on the topic, but can't sit through. :smallfrown:

I'm not a lady though, so I'm not really who the thread is about...

BlueWizard
2011-01-22, 07:07 AM
Lots of rocker ladies my age and older.
Maybe move to a big city... though the young ladies seem to like the Glam-Goth look.

All sorts of girls in the city... some might not even be girls.
:sabine:

Malfunctioned
2011-01-22, 07:29 AM
We've got a helluva load in London.

Very attractive ones too....:smallamused:

Mina Kobold
2011-01-22, 10:51 AM
I like some metal.

What's wrong with singing in Metal?

I admit I mostly listen to TSO but their songs are pretty good in my opinion, Dreams of Candlelight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANPhcjt0-v8) being a good example.

Though, considering I also like Domine's "Ride of the Valkyries" I may just have a weird sense of taste. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2011-01-22, 10:53 AM
What's wrong with singing in Metal?Most of it is growling, screeching or silly. I love the drums, I love the guitars, I like the rhythm and the speed and all that lot, but if it's got a screecher as a "singer", I can't stand it. I can stand silly, but I find it hard to take it seriously.

Mina Kobold
2011-01-22, 11:20 AM
Most of it is growling, screeching or silly. I love the drums, I love the guitars, I like the rhythm and the speed and all that lot, but if it's got a screecher as a "singer", I can't stand it. I can stand silly, but I find it hard to take it seriously.

I have never heard that.

I have heard someone describe Metal as being that and as such I did not look further into it.

Then Nameless rebuted by posting a link to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm7S6eGDPvY) and this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzOF9w8kG-c).

And now I'm defending Metal.

Thus proving that French singing is one of the most powerful tools of brainwashing.

Serpentine
2011-01-22, 11:59 AM
It didn't say all of metal is like that - in fact, I specifically said that there is some metal I do like - so just posting a couple of examples of non-screechy metal doesn't exactly help.

Mina Kobold
2011-01-22, 12:16 PM
It didn't say all of metal is like that - in fact, I specifically said that there is some metal I do like - so just posting a couple of examples of non-screechy metal doesn't exactly help.

I was more trying to say that I have never come across any Metal like that.

Sorry if I was confusing. I tend to do that. :smallredface:

Anyway, I have no answer to the OP as I rarely ask anyone about their taste in Music...

That may explain why I don't have anything to talk to anyone about. :smalltongue:

Dragor
2011-01-22, 12:45 PM
I'm very lucky to have a girlfriend who loves Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, HammerFall, Gamma Ray... :smallredface:

Asta Kask
2011-01-22, 01:23 PM

In fact, she is pole-dancing to heavy metal in her avatar... little know fact I just made up.

averagejoe
2011-01-22, 01:25 PM
The Mod They Call Me: Duplicate thread.