PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on a cleric, 3.P

claricorp
2011-01-21, 05:17 PM
I am nearing the close of my own campaign and a friend is starting a new one. The game is based on the pathfinder campaign setting and the books we have available are just the core book, the campaign setting book and the advance players guide.

Right now I am really excited in doing a cleric for the party, the class is always welcomed, can be played in plenty of different ways and In general is just a great thing to roleplay.

However Im having extreme trouble deciding on what kind of cleric to play, I have the strange condition where I simply want to play everything, It all looks fun to play!

I have enjoyed doing a CG cleric of luck and liberation before and I am currently toying with the idea of a weather and travel cleric (a pseudo viking who has reached the city where we are starting, possibly exiled from his previous viking lands)

However I feel quite indecisive, please post fun cleric ideas please note that we already have an oracle in the party and I may not have to be based on healing.

Help me oh ye great forums!

Greenish
2011-01-21, 05:27 PM
The game is based on the pathfinder campaign setting and the books we have available are just the core book, the campaign setting book and the advance players guide."3.P" is usually used to denote that 3.5 material is used alongside PF material.

claricorp
2011-01-21, 05:38 PM
Ah I thought it was just a way to reference pathfinder. However we are keeping some of the 3.5 rules in pathfinder, for example power attack is unchanged.

However do you have anything about the actual topic to say? I am still in a bit of a pickle.

Otherworld Odd
2011-01-21, 09:19 PM
I always thought 3.P was just a different way to say Pathfinder, seeing as PF does in fact run off of 3.5 rules.

Anyways, I like your idea of the viking and being a Travel cleric. If your DM is heavy on traveling rules, it could be a big help. Not sure about the weather though. If your oracle is doing the healing, then perhaps you can be a Travel and (insert some sort of battle/combat thing in here) Cleric and be a fighter alongside.

Do you have any idea what the rest of the party looks like so far?

Kol Korran
2011-01-22, 03:31 AM
i have played a cleric of the Red Knight (patron god of tactical and strategical warfare) who was the party's leader, working as buffer/ debuffer in battle. in play he was a more serious, calculated fellow, who used quite a bit of divination and skill enhancing spells since "forewarned is forearmed".

once i learned there were going to be quite a few undead in the campaign, i veered towards upgrading my abilities against them, powers, spells and feat wise.

my advice is to ask the DM what sort of themes are more likely to appear in the campaign, and maybe build your idea on that.

other ideas:
- A cleric of adventuring, but mainly daring- believing that the god's blessing favors the brave (not sure what domains to take).
- a cleric of perfection and self betterment (might take the nobility domain as in "seeking the noble spark"). he would see problems as challenges, and opportunities to improve. sort of a cleric with a monk outlook
- a dwarven cleric of stone and community, very devoted to his/ her "new clan". could go the same with other races.

not very original, but still might be fun.