PDA

View Full Version : These Are The Gods?

ArlEammon
2011-01-21, 08:43 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184283

Among the ancient lands stood a great island surrounded by a vast sea. . . On this island, there was a great Tower. On the Tower's Summit, a wizened man could be seen there, if mortals were there, standing among his children with smiling eyes.

"You are all soon to meet your potentials. Before you begin on your quests and your plans for greatness, you may question me about the universe, and all the Cosmos. Then, you shall depart from these great halls."

nysisobli
2011-01-22, 02:12 AM
Why are we here? What do you have planned for us?

Halna LeGavilk
2011-01-22, 11:52 AM
I shrug. "Really, what is there to know? Are there any species there currently?"

ArlEammon
2011-01-22, 12:00 PM
Why are we here? What do you have planned for us?

"You are here to learn of your fates . . . But for now I plan for us to dine before you must go. We may reminisce of our times together, when I, Albion, brought you all up. You don't remember that. Of course not."

He shakes his head. "Actually, since you all inhabited the god's bodies, I must send you all out to relearn your powers, since you have your own identities. Perhaps one day you may find out what happened to the original gods."

I shrug. "Really, what is there to know? Are there any species there currently?"

"Dragons, Humans, perhaps some others. If there are others, most of them have escaped my notice. "

TheBoyce
2011-01-22, 09:13 PM
"Who do they worship now, and for that matter why haven't you simply claimed them for yourself?"

Halna LeGavilk
2011-01-23, 08:50 AM
I turn around and pace the room for a moment, thinking to myself. Hmm, dragons... a wise, noble race. Well, hopefully. Perhaps they would be the best examplars of.... whatever I am. Knowledge, I think.

nysisobli
2011-01-23, 11:12 AM
Hmmmm, I don't know going into this new world, could be a "gamble" All the while Abraxi is consistently rolling a handful of dice, each one always coming up a 6.

ArlEammon
2011-01-23, 01:09 PM
"Who do they worship now, and for that matter why haven't you simply claimed them for yourself?"

"I don't need them. In fact you don't need them. Well, some of you may discover how to derive power from worship, but for now, none of you know how. Even if I did want their worship, I wouldn't get more power from it. I am as far beyond the Old Gods, no offense, as they are from you."

I turn around and pace the room for a moment, thinking to myself. Hmm, dragons... a wise, noble race. Well, hopefully. Perhaps they would be the best examplars of.... whatever I am. Knowledge, I think.

"Knowledge, Magic, Wisdom, these are likely to be more powerful than any other race even when the mortals below may enter other Realms."

Hmmmm, I don't know going into this new world, could be a "gamble" All the while Abraxi is consistently rolling a handful of dice, each one always coming up a 6.

"The way I see it, you have two options. . . Or rather three. . . I can abolish your spirit from your bodies and you can go back home, eventually, after living as a disembodied spirit for billions of centuries, which, honestly, wouldn't be fun. . . You can stay here for a while, temporarily, and I may teach you important things of this world, and then leave. . . Or you may strike it out on your own. If you choose to be excorcized from the Realms, it may be possible that your spirit would be destroyed instead of sent back to your world. And should you choose to be taught by me, you may gain certain strengths and learn important things you need to know. However, I equally smile on those who would strike it out on their own. They will gain their own boons from me as well."

nysisobli
2011-01-23, 01:14 PM
Ill strike it out on my own, Im certain in should be entertaining to say the least.

ArlEammon
2011-01-23, 01:16 PM
Ill strike it out on my own, Im certain in should be entertaining to say the least.

"Before you go, I suggest you cool your horses for now. . ." Brey cocked his head to the side as if remembering something. "Let me tell you all this, I'd appreciate you all if you would tell me if you know how you came into your bodies. . . uh, I"m sure you don't know, I can tell you are mortals possessing no real magic of your own, but incase you have some inkling of knowledge, I would be thankful for knowing how you came here without my permission."

nysisobli
2011-01-23, 01:18 PM
Hmmm i was just playing a game of blackjack, and when i turned around to get a drink, I woke up here....

Halna LeGavilk
2011-01-23, 02:58 PM
I shrug. "I dunno, I was messing around with some kind of ancient, arcane ritual, with all the usual 'NO, DO NOT DO DIS, EVERYONE DIES!'" I laugh at this. "Next thing I know, BAM, I'm right here."

Pseudolich
2011-01-23, 07:54 PM
I was just attempting to create some form of intelligence. Something exploded, and I passed out. I woke up here.

ArlEammon
2011-01-23, 07:56 PM
I was just attempting to create some form of intelligence. Something exploded, and I passed out. I woke up here.

(I'm sorry I failed to clarify this, but all characters were normal beings from Earth before they made it here. I thought it was in the OP. :( )

nysisobli
2011-01-23, 07:58 PM
OOC :p see it wasnt just me

Pseudolich
2011-01-23, 08:44 PM
That is actually quite likely to happen, minus the explosion, in the form of programming an artificial intelligence, in real life.

ArlEammon
2011-01-23, 08:47 PM
That is actually quite likely to happen, minus the explosion, in the form of programming an artificial intelligence, in real life.

((Conceeded.:) ))

Pseudolich
2011-01-23, 09:06 PM
Thank you for that. Also, I'd like to apologize for not posting earlier.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-01-23, 09:30 PM
(I'm sorry I failed to clarify this, but all characters were normal beings from Earth before they made it here. I thought it was in the OP. :( )

OOC: I know. That's the kind of crap I would say in a situation like this. :smallbiggrin:

nysisobli
2011-01-23, 09:33 PM
Abraxi continued rolling his dice, and partaking in the company of the others.