PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 sourcebook "Sh" ?

shadow_archmagi
2011-01-22, 09:47 AM
So, someone liked to the Cost Reduction Handbook, which had a list of every item crafting feat, which included one "Improved Item Flight" which was listed as being in "Sh 157"

I googled it, but all I got was a WOTC guide to every feat ever that included the same abbreviation.

I can't figure out what book this "Sh" is supposed to be!

The-Mage-King
2011-01-22, 09:48 AM
So, someone liked to the Cost Reduction Handbook, which had a list of every item crafting feat, which included one "Improved Item Flight" which was listed as being in "Sh 157"

I googled it, but all I got was a WOTC guide to every feat ever that included the same abbreviation.

I can't figure out what book this "Sh" is supposed to be!

City of Sharn, I believe.

Greenish
2011-01-22, 09:50 AM
Improved Flight Item is indeed in Sharn, the City of Towers.

Eldariel
2011-01-22, 09:51 AM
Sharn: City of Towers

EDIT: Ninja'd

shadow_archmagi
2011-01-22, 09:52 AM
In my defense, the abbreviation guide on GITP doesn't list SH as one of them.

SCT, S:CT, or S:CoT: Sharn: City of Towers

EDIT: On closer inspection, while the feat has the shortened description "Make any item grant the power of flight at no additional cost, or if it already could fly, make it fly better" the FULL text includes "but only if you're in Magical Flying Land."

Since my adventure won't be in Sharn, the feat is worthless. Tragic.

Greenish
2011-01-22, 10:00 AM
EDIT: On closer inspection, while the feat has the shortened description "Make any item grant the power of flight at no additional cost, or if it already could fly, make it fly better" the FULL text includes "but only if you're in Magical Flying Land."

Since my adventure won't be in Sharn, the feat is worthless. Tragic.Yeah, I've always felt that the effects of that feat should be part of the manifest zone naturally.

Psyren
2011-01-22, 12:49 PM
Since my adventure won't be in Sharn, the feat is worthless. Tragic.

Ask your DM anyway. A lot of the setting-specific stuff should be baseline.

Greenish
2011-01-22, 12:58 PM
Ask your DM anyway. A lot of the setting-specific stuff should be baseline.The problem with the feat is that it only works on manifest zones linked to Syrania, the Azure Sky.

Psyren
2011-01-22, 04:48 PM
The problem with the feat is that it only works on manifest zones linked to Syrania, the Azure Sky.

Unless the DM says otherwise. What does the OP have to lose? If he says no, he's back at square one, where he is now.

Greenish
2011-01-22, 04:54 PM
Unless the DM says otherwise.It gives all magic items that grant flight +50% bonus to the flight speed and +2 uses per day, or if they normally have 3 or more daily uses makes them continuous, for no extra cost.

That should be baseline?

Psyren
2011-01-22, 04:58 PM
It gives all magic items that grant flight +50% bonus to the flight speed and +2 uses per day, or if they normally have 3 or more daily uses makes them continuous, for no extra cost.

That should be baseline?

It should be accessible outside of a very obscure and arbitrary location. I'm a fan of feats being used. Could it be tweaked? Sure.

And my point stands - if he hears "no" he's no worse off than he is now.

Greenish
2011-01-22, 05:06 PM
It should be accessible outside of a very obscure and arbitrary location. I'm a fan of feats being used. Could it be tweaked? Sure.Change the effect, change the limitations, and you essentially have a different feat. :smallamused:

Worira
2011-01-22, 05:09 PM
And if you have a different feat, you die horrib-

Hang on, that's drinking bleach, not homebrewing. I always get those confused.

Psyren
2011-01-22, 05:59 PM
Change the effect, change the limitations, and you essentially have a different feat. :smallamused:

If you allow it anywhere outside Sharn, you have a different feat anyway. You might as well keep going with the tweaks.

shadow_archmagi
2011-01-22, 09:52 PM
And if you have a different feat, you die horrib-

Hang on, that's drinking bleach, not homebrewing. I always get those confused.

I love you