PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Build! Help!

kikesp24
2011-01-22, 12:49 PM
Hello!
My D&D group and I ust started a new campaing, i´m palying a paladin5/Kensai4
Starting Stats are:
18 16 16 14 14 12
Race:
Hellbred with infernal aspect: body, +2 Con/ -2 Int

He´s trying to earn a place in heaven instead of a certain doom in hell.

Need some help with equipment 50 000 Gp for lvl 9
Mechanus Gear +3
Jovar +1 (with the kensai signature weapon at lvl 4 it can have a +4 enchanment.. so i´m trying a +4 Jovar keen 16-20 Crit Range)
Animated Tower Shield +1
Ring of Protection +2
Amulet of Natural Armor +2
Cloak of resistance +2
Wand Cure moderate wounds
its an really overempowered campaing our DM it´s mercyless what do you think i need? And .. i´m i right about the kensai signature weapon?
Any help will be moost apreciated :smallbiggrin:

graeylin
2011-01-22, 06:14 PM
I am not an optimizer at all, so my choices for items reflect cool/fun ideas, rather than the best choice at a given level. But, since no one else jumped up to offer advice, here's mine, based on what previous Pally builds have had for magic (and minus the weapon, armor, and stuff you already chose that I choose too).

Shiftweave clothing, for when you aren't in armor and need to look good.
crystal of adaptation, for the endure elements protection
belt of healing, cause who can't use instant healing sometimes for 750 gold?

I always add an armor and weapon crystal of some type, because they are cheap adds to each (not +1 bonus). For instance, I like the lesser crystal of return, just for effect (who can't love a weapon that leaps to your hand from across the room).

Later on, you can look at called armor, or a ring of arming. There's also a glove/bracer/something that adds to your critical hit damage, you should look at that too, since you look to be maximizing your crit range/threat and bumping a little damage too.

Wands of cure are good, either normal or eternal wands. Wands of vigor are good as well, in either variety/level.

Loki Eremes
2011-01-22, 06:22 PM
Hello!
My D&D group and I ust started a new campaing, i´m palying a paladin5/Kensai4
Starting Stats are:
18 16 16 14 14 12
Race:
Hellbred with infernal aspect: body, +2 Con/ -2 Int

He´s trying to earn a place in heaven instead of a certain doom in hell.

Need some help with equipment 50 000 Gp for lvl 9
Mechanus Gear +3
Jovar +1 (with the kensai signature weapon at lvl 4 it can have a +4 enchanment.. so i´m trying a +4 Jovar keen 16-20 Crit Range)
Animated Tower Shield +1
Ring of Protection +2
Amulet of Natural Armor +2
Cloak of resistance +2
Wand Cure moderate wounds
its an really overempowered campaing our DM it´s mercyless what do you think i need? And .. i´m i right about the kensai signature weapon?
Any help will be moost apreciated :smallbiggrin:

The enchantment thing is wrong.
kensai 4, allows you to signature your weapon up to 4. Keen is a +1, so, it would be Something Keen +3

Do you spent ranks in UMD? as far as i know you only need a 20 to activate a wand, but UMD is not class skill for kensai or paladin or is it?

My recommendation? dont spend more GP for enhancing Amulet of Nat armor or Ring of Deflection right now, those are really expensive.
Rather use you money in enhancing you shield and armor, youll gain AC and its cheaper.

Hawk7915
2011-01-22, 06:29 PM
Without flaws you don't have much option for feats I guess. Definitely take Power Attack. If you can take flaws, I might suggest some Smite-boosting ones (Awesome Smite, Improved Smite, Extra Smiting) alongside the "Charging Smite" variant, or some Divine/Devotion feats (Divine Might, Divine Vigor, Travel Devotion, Law Devotion). You could also blow your feats for Improved Bull Rush -> Shocktrooper.

I'd consider going for a +2 Holy Keen Jovar instead, with your Kensai powers. +2 Keen Jovar of Collision is worth a thought too (for really high base damage that gets multiplied by crits), as is +3 Keen Valorous Jovar (for double damage when charging). To second the post above, definitely stick a lesser or least weapon crystal in your blade, at any rate.

Can I assume your stat spread is
20 Str (+2 at level up)
16 Con (+2 from racial bonus)
12 Dex
14 Int (-2 from racial penalty)
14 Wisdom
16 Charisma

?. If not, it probably should be, although you could swap Dex and Wis if you don't intend to take any more Paladin levels. I'd say that items that further boost your strength, constitution, and/or charisma are probably worth a lot more than your miscellaneous save and AC boosting items at this level.

In terms of the rest of your gear, I think you'll get more healing mileage out of a stack of Blessed Bandages (MiC), a Healing Belt (MiC), and a Wand or two of Cure Light Wounds instead. You also might want to look into a way of flying or making ranged attacks as that's a crippling weakness at this level; I'd lose your magical jewelery to afford something to remedy that problem.

Greenish
2011-01-22, 06:30 PM
Shiftweave clothing, for when you aren't in armor and need to look good.Shiftweave is so Last War. Glimmerweave is what you want to wear.

Do you spent ranks in UMD? as far as i know you only need a 20 to activate a wand, but UMD is not class skill for kensai or paladin or is it?Cure Moderate is on paladin list.